Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football's coming home 12:00 - Jul 12 with 2349 viewsrunningman75

Euro 2020 final at Wembley. Hopefully Gareth Southgate can be in charge and keep a lot of the current squad together.
Football's coming home on 12:56 - Jul 12 with 2273 viewsDorse

'Football? Is that you? What time do you call this?! You only popped out for a packet of woodbines in 1966...'

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Football's coming home on 14:17 - Jul 12 with 2177 viewsDannyPaddox

Football's coming home on 17:06 - Jul 12 with 2016 viewsNov77

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Football's coming home on 17:50 - Jul 12 with 1969 viewsJuzzie

I only found out the other week that all the Euro 2020 games are spread across all over Europe to celebrate 60 years of the competition.

What's the betting that it'll be deemed a success and carry on like that for every future tournament?
Football's coming home on 07:05 - Jul 13 with 1791 viewsdaveB

All of the current squad bar Young due to his age should still be together plus the likes of Joe Gomez, Phil Foden, Sancho and Lookman may well be involved by then as well. Could be exciting
Football's coming home on 09:57 - Jul 13 with 1700 viewsToast_R

Does anyone know whats going on with the qualifying?
Not starting until next year and how does this Nations League effect the normal process?
Football's coming home on 10:03 - Jul 13 with 1692 viewsdaveB

Football's coming home on 09:57 - Jul 13 by Toast_R

Does anyone know whats going on with the qualifying?
Not starting until next year and how does this Nations League effect the normal process?

Nations league is a pretty good idea, the 4 winners of it automatically qualify but then go into a qualifying group to get them some games which is odd but means an end to friendly matches for them. Idea behind it is to play teams of a similar ability and the bottom team in each group get relegated, good chance that will be England as we have Croatia and Spain

For the Euros though it's harder not to qualify now they have extended it to 32 teams
[Post edited 13 Jul 2018 10:03]
Football's coming home on 10:49 - Jul 13 with 1624 viewsRBlock

Football's coming home on 07:05 - Jul 13 by daveB

All of the current squad bar Young due to his age should still be together plus the likes of Joe Gomez, Phil Foden, Sancho and Lookman may well be involved by then as well. Could be exciting

Mostly agree, but surely you jettison Cahill and Phil Jones as well? The futures bright - the talent you mention below, Ox recovering from injury also.

We have the 3rd youngest squad and the least capped. They'll have learnt anything incredible amount from Russia and will go forward wiser, and better equipped to handle the pressure. I'm optimistic.
Login to get fewer ads

Football's coming home on 11:29 - Jul 13 with 1588 viewsdaveB

Football's coming home on 10:49 - Jul 13 by RBlock

Mostly agree, but surely you jettison Cahill and Phil Jones as well? The futures bright - the talent you mention below, Ox recovering from injury also.

We have the 3rd youngest squad and the least capped. They'll have learnt anything incredible amount from Russia and will go forward wiser, and better equipped to handle the pressure. I'm optimistic.

I forgot those two were in the squad.

The aim should be to compete at this level from now on, aim to reach semi finals and finals of tournaments but if we don't make it no massive inquest just dust ourselves down and go again
Football's coming home on 13:06 - Jul 13 with 1527 viewsRBlock

Football's coming home on 11:29 - Jul 13 by daveB

I forgot those two were in the squad.

The aim should be to compete at this level from now on, aim to reach semi finals and finals of tournaments but if we don't make it no massive inquest just dust ourselves down and go again

Definitely agree with this. Have faith in the process and the improvements we've made. No root and branch reviews every time we slip up, bit of consistency and calm.

Now where have I heard that before...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024