Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone seen any rain yet ? 15:25 - Jul 13 with 9271 viewsWokingR

Still hot, sunny and dry as a bone here in Woking
Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 19:13 - Jul 17 with 2410 viewsdistortR

Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 14:33 - Jul 17 by DeepcutHoop

Wasps are awesome.

Brilliant pollinators, which given that bee numbers appear to be falling, is clearly very important.

When they are nesting, they are also brilliant pest controllers, they nab caterpillars to feed to their larva.

They are one of the invertebrates that the media and therefore the public have deemed a threat.

Basically not an issue unless you piss them off. So no problem at all.

And they'll clear up fallen fruit once they've fiinished nesting and are generally all about the sweet stuff.

i've always viewed wasps as akin to 80's football fans.
No problem at all in the summer, but come autumn when the football starts and the windfall fruit is nicely fermenting, well, they have a bit too much and they're right up for it!
Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 19:44 - Jul 17 with 2374 viewsted_hendrix

"All I've got's this sunny afternoon"

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 12:35 - Jul 18 with 2279 viewsCaptainPugwash

Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 02:40 - Jul 17 by isawqpratwcity

Sounds like you're well off for tea-bags, then...

'Ere, did you find the name Pugwash in the list of QPR shareholders from the "QPR Company House" thread?

https://document-api-images-prod.s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/docs/ZpN0wgjV4kgUFug
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 2:46]

Arrrrrrr..
We be best in the company of fools and larceners!
Water running low, soon forced to lick the sweat off passing dugongs!
Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 12:47 - Jul 18 with 2251 viewsMick_S

Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 18:53 - Jul 17 by loftboy

So what was the excuse for the heatwave in 1976 then?

The heat was hot.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 13:56 - Jul 18 with 2203 viewsisawqpratwcity

Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 12:35 - Jul 18 by CaptainPugwash

Arrrrrrr..
We be best in the company of fools and larceners!
Water running low, soon forced to lick the sweat off passing dugongs!

Middle of winter here, but still managed to crack out 18.5° C today. Bastard of a drought though, wheat crops look shithouse and farmers are buying hay for cattle feed, trucked sometimes thousands of kms.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 14:56 - Jul 18 with 2164 viewscolinallcars

Still no rain in the forecast here in west London apart from possibly a shower on Saturday morning. We didn't even get much the other night when some parts of western London got flooded. The grass has gone from green to brown to yellow. Does it reach a point where it dies for good. Grass must be resilient, most plants would be long dead by now. Fortunately, I'm out of London going oop norf for a few weeks where it's more comfortable temperature-wise.
Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 16:04 - Jul 18 with 2119 viewsMick_S

According to BBC weather, there is an 11% chance of rain on Sunday 29th around 12.00 lunchtime. Stop it now, it's enough. Lovely in Greece/Portugal etc.

Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 16:17 - Jul 18 with 2101 viewscolinallcars

I suppose on the upside, the hot weather coupled with the World Cup must have done wonders for the pub trade. I read in the paper the other day that pub closures have evened out and new openings have increased. After many depressing years of seeing pubs close right, left and centre that's quite a tonic. Certainly where I lived we haven't had a pub close down for quite a few years now.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 16:31 - Jul 18 with 2087 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 18:53 - Jul 17 by loftboy

So what was the excuse for the heatwave in 1976 then?

The jet stream was unusually far north in 1976 too. Why that was I don’t know. Something to do with butterflies in Peru probably?

Anyway...

Edit. Nice version of it too.

[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 16:45]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 08:29 - Jul 19 with 1971 viewscolinallcars

Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 16:31 - Jul 18 by CliveWilsonSaid

The jet stream was unusually far north in 1976 too. Why that was I don’t know. Something to do with butterflies in Peru probably?

Anyway...

Edit. Nice version of it too.

[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 16:45]

Really like Joan Osborne, her album Relish is a cracker.
Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 10:03 - Jul 20 with 1877 viewsR_from_afar

Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 14:56 - Jul 18 by colinallcars

Still no rain in the forecast here in west London apart from possibly a shower on Saturday morning. We didn't even get much the other night when some parts of western London got flooded. The grass has gone from green to brown to yellow. Does it reach a point where it dies for good. Grass must be resilient, most plants would be long dead by now. Fortunately, I'm out of London going oop norf for a few weeks where it's more comfortable temperature-wise.

I believe that grass recovers from lack of rain very well. I've heard it said that there is no need to water it, it will be fine when - or should that be, if - it rains.

I'm considering desperate measures over here in tinderbox Bracknell: I might leave home without a coat. That is sure to trigger rainfall of biblical proportions. Find yourself an ark builder quick.

RFA
PS: BBC claiming that my weather will feature "thundery showers" today. Hmm, we'll see.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 10:17 - Jul 20 with 1864 viewsWokingR

Still not a drop here in Woking but don't worry, I've got it sorted.
I've got the next week off work and am holidaying in the UK so if anything is guaranteed to make it rain that is
Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 10:30 - Jul 20 with 1853 viewsMick_S

It's coming home.

Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 10:41 - Jul 20 with 1818 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Meanwhile in the tropics, its not stopped pissing down since April!

Humidity a.k.a. Betty Swollix indicator, particularly damp as well.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 11:12 - Jul 20 with 1790 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Feels pregnant with rain here in Fleet street.

Could be a phantom one though.

It's very humid.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2018 11:13]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 11:15 - Jul 20 with 1785 viewscolinallcars

Possible thunderstorms forecast later today here in Hammersmith maybe lasting 'til morning. I'm setting off on hols to Scotland early tomorrow, so after weeks of praying for rain I could be driving in storms. Crazy !
Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 16:04 - Jul 20 with 1733 viewsPinnerPaul

Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 11:15 - Jul 20 by colinallcars

Possible thunderstorms forecast later today here in Hammersmith maybe lasting 'til morning. I'm setting off on hols to Scotland early tomorrow, so after weeks of praying for rain I could be driving in storms. Crazy !

Hot and sunny again after today, until at least Thursday, according to weather forecast, but that's down here - not checked Scotland!

They did The One Show from the Outer Hebrides yesterday - safe to say no sign of a drought there!
Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 14:20 - Jul 22 with 1619 viewsR_from_afar

It finally rained here on Friday evening. I was over the moon. I was beginning to think it never would again. We didn't get much, mind...

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 19:26 - Jul 26 with 1427 viewshubble

Somehow, through my various travels, I have contrived to not see any rain for... what, six, seven, eight weeks?? Praying for it tomorrow...

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024