Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone seen any rain yet ? 15:25 - Jul 13 with 9264 viewsWokingR

Still hot, sunny and dry as a bone here in Woking
Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 22:50 - Jul 13 with 2435 viewskropotkin41

West Wales is starting to look like Provence. Could do with some rain. :(

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 01:06 - Jul 14 with 2360 viewskensalriser

Two inches here. Proper monsoon.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 01:45 - Jul 14 with 2347 viewsBoston

Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 21:01 - Jul 13 by colinallcars

1808 was a terrible year for heat. Farm workers dropped dead in the fields, birds fell out of the sky in mid flight and people living in cramped conditions in cities slept in the streets. We've got it easy really. I'm glad I forked out for a mobile air conditioner. Very effective but noisy.

Those stand up units can be noisy....if you’re in the position to spend big dough, there are higher end options which are quiet and don’t have that ‘flood risk’.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 02:39 - Jul 14 with 2330 viewsFDC

Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 15:48 - Jul 13 by WokingR

Does have it's advantages doesn't it.
We've been using next doors 19 year old au pair as a cleaner and with the heat she's been really struggling.
Very kindly and selflessly I offered to let her cool off in the pool.
That evening, I'd just come in from the gym when there was a knock at the door and there she is in just her bikini asking if it is still alright.
"Of course it is, I was just getting in myself" followed by a shout over my shoulder to Mrs Woking "It's alright darling, I've got this"

Shit you're one creepy fùcker
Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 02:43 - Jul 14 with 2322 viewsFDC

In non-child-bothering news , rain hit Manchester like a monsoon and then cleared off like nothing had happened, leaving bewildered just-on-their-way-out folk to argue over who's decision it had been not to bring out an umbrella / kayak
[Post edited 14 Jul 2018 2:52]
Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 14:06 - Jul 14 with 2129 viewsrunningman75

I met friends in Khas Tandoori Kensal Rise. Travelling on Thameslink to West Hampstead deluge started after 7 around Hendon, legged it from West Hampstead and swam to Khas from Kensal rise. Garlic chicken with chunks of garlic, Nan, Cobra beer, Pilau rice and about 3 side dishes of vegetables helped warm me up. Khas's basement was flood and also credit card machine not working as power cut in half the restaurant. Fortunately we scraped cash together.
Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 15:49 - Jul 14 with 2069 viewsDeepcutHoop

Had 20 minutes of the lightest possible rain here yesterday, but still stood outside for all of it!

Everything is bone dry. Desperately need a good few overnight rainstorms. The ground is bone dry to good depth here, nature needs some moisture!

This year has been a very odd one weatherwise and it's impacting the wildlife negatively
Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 15:55 - Jul 14 with 2055 viewsdistortR

Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 15:49 - Jul 14 by DeepcutHoop

Had 20 minutes of the lightest possible rain here yesterday, but still stood outside for all of it!

Everything is bone dry. Desperately need a good few overnight rainstorms. The ground is bone dry to good depth here, nature needs some moisture!

This year has been a very odd one weatherwise and it's impacting the wildlife negatively

went through Death Valley, Isle of Man earlier!

agree about the wildlife. Wet winter, late cold snap and no rain here of note for at least 10 weeks has impacted lots of wildlife. Wasp numbers appear to have plummetted the last 3 years, as have ladybirds
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 16:47 - Jul 14 with 2031 viewsderbyhoop

Couple of thunderstorms early July, but otherwise wall to wall sunshine for the last 3-4 weeks. Normal for Limousin in Summer.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 20:03 - Jul 14 with 1956 viewsBoston

Britain..

US...

Ireland...

Dorset...

Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 20:14 - Jul 14 with 1946 viewsRangersw12

Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 15:55 - Jul 14 by distortR

went through Death Valley, Isle of Man earlier!

agree about the wildlife. Wet winter, late cold snap and no rain here of note for at least 10 weeks has impacted lots of wildlife. Wasp numbers appear to have plummetted the last 3 years, as have ladybirds

What do Wasps actually contribute towards the eco system ?
Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 20:32 - Jul 14 with 1924 viewsWokingham_r

Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 20:14 - Jul 14 by Rangersw12

They eat rotting matter
Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 20:34 - Jul 14 with 1920 viewscolinallcars

Wasps and scorpions don't feature in the food chain or wildlife pattern at all. Bit like Chelsea supporters really.
Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 22:43 - Jul 14 with 1849 viewsconnell10

Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 19:30 - Jul 13 by loftboy

Don’t know about rain but there was a lot of snowflakes in London today

Fake news!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 22:45 - Jul 14 with 1847 viewsBoston

Nothing since they moved to Coventry.

Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 23:48 - Jul 14 with 1822 viewsdistortR

more then you'd imagine, including being pollinators
Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 03:57 - Jul 16 with 1708 viewsisawqpratwcity

Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 21:25 - Jul 13 by E17hoop

The petrichor smell is amazing.

http://theconversation.com/the-smell-of-rain-how-csiro-invented-a-new-word-39231

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 09:26 - Jul 16 with 1653 viewsderbyhoop

A little bit last night.

Then the thunder started about 08:00 this morning and it's been raining ever since. Welcome change. Much fresher.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 13:22 - Jul 16 with 1585 viewsCaptainPugwash

Avast!
We be becalmed off Honduras and nary a drop save a storm o' frogs and fish!
We keep sane by keelhaulin' the crew at random - Seaman Staines swallered a load o' barnacles at last pass.

Yo Ho!
Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 13:32 - Jul 16 with 1571 viewscyprusmel

No, no rain here.
Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 13:53 - Jul 16 with 1542 viewsheadhoops

just back from a visit to Japan - we just caught the edge of typhoon Maria whilst on Ishigaki island. Had to stop the car as impossible to drive/see. literally had around a foot of rain in 30 minutes. Mental. Thanks to Mr Sheen for his tips and recommendations.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 14:15 - Jul 16 with 1527 viewsR_from_afar

Still not a drop of rain here in Bracknell . There was some light rain about three weeks ago, briefly, but apart from that, nada for six or seven weeks, I reckon. Not good yet this could be the new normal, due to climate change (which apparently makes weather systems "get stuck" rather than moving on).

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 02:40 - Jul 17 with 1419 viewsisawqpratwcity

Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 13:22 - Jul 16 by CaptainPugwash

Avast!
We be becalmed off Honduras and nary a drop save a storm o' frogs and fish!
We keep sane by keelhaulin' the crew at random - Seaman Staines swallered a load o' barnacles at last pass.

Yo Ho!

Sounds like you're well off for tea-bags, then...

'Ere, did you find the name Pugwash in the list of QPR shareholders from the "QPR Company House" thread?

https://document-api-images-prod.s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/docs/ZpN0wgjV4kgUFug
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 2:46]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 14:33 - Jul 17 with 1358 viewsDeepcutHoop

Wasps are awesome.

Brilliant pollinators, which given that bee numbers appear to be falling, is clearly very important.

When they are nesting, they are also brilliant pest controllers, they nab caterpillars to feed to their larva.

They are one of the invertebrates that the media and therefore the public have deemed a threat.

Basically not an issue unless you piss them off. So no problem at all.

And they'll clear up fallen fruit once they've fiinished nesting and are generally all about the sweet stuff.
Anyone seen any rain yet ? on 18:53 - Jul 17 with 1281 viewsloftboy

So what was the excuse for the heatwave in 1976 then?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024