Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England revert to type 15:05 - Jul 14 with 3441 views2Thomas2Bowles

Belguim 1-0 England 3 mins

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

England revert to type on 15:19 - Jul 14 with 2819 viewsCamberleyR

The curse of ITV

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

England revert to type on 15:36 - Jul 14 with 2759 viewsqprd

Fabian Delph offers so little going forward. How the hell does he get into the city team? Takes him 3 touches just to turn

I hate to say it but hazard has been an absolute joy to watch..... just drifting and gliding across the pitch, impossible to dispossess... mbappe or modric will prob get player of tournament but to me hazard has been the best player by a long long margin
England revert to type on 15:37 - Jul 14 with 2753 viewsstowmarketrange

I think if the Belgians had lost or drawn the group game with us they’d be looking to playing in the final tomorrow instead of playing in a meaningless game today.Probably.
England revert to type on 15:41 - Jul 14 with 2735 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Test for Southgates tactical acumen coz Belgium look like they could score a hatful against us.
England revert to type on 15:49 - Jul 14 with 2672 viewsStanisgod

Back to same old same old. Kane v 5 defenders, no clue what to do when in their half and desperate defending.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

England revert to type on 15:51 - Jul 14 with 2643 viewsSnipper

The most meaningless game in world football.

I’ve been watching the Djokovic/Nadal tennis semifinal.
England revert to type on 15:53 - Jul 14 with 2624 views2Thomas2Bowles

England revert to type on 15:51 - Jul 14 by Snipper

The most meaningless game in world football.

I’ve been watching the Djokovic/Nadal tennis semifinal.

The most meaningless game in the world

Djokovic/Nadal tennis semifinal.

England revert to type on 15:56 - Jul 14 with 2593 viewsdistortR

England revert to type on 15:53 - Jul 14 by 2Thomas2Bowles

The most meaningless game in the world

Djokovic/Nadal tennis semifinal.

stupid sport. the ball hits the net and it's a BAD thing?
Login to get fewer ads

England revert to type on 16:24 - Jul 14 with 2521 views2Thomas2Bowles

Kane has turned in to C Washington

England revert to type on 16:41 - Jul 14 with 2467 viewsStanisgod

Pathetic limp shots on goal my nan could save.
Men against boys.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

England revert to type on 16:44 - Jul 14 with 2441 viewsdistortR

England revert to type on 16:24 - Jul 14 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Kane has turned in to C Washington

kane being on the pitch is winding me up. He's static, obviously been injured for a couple of games. yes, he's our talisman, but bloody hell.

and jones shows why he just is not good enough. but we all knew that.
England revert to type on 16:48 - Jul 14 with 2421 viewsdistortR

England revert to type on 15:36 - Jul 14 by qprd

Fabian Delph offers so little going forward. How the hell does he get into the city team? Takes him 3 touches just to turn

I hate to say it but hazard has been an absolute joy to watch..... just drifting and gliding across the pitch, impossible to dispossess... mbappe or modric will prob get player of tournament but to me hazard has been the best player by a long long margin

agree about hazard, when he's focussed he's some player
England revert to type (n/t) on 16:52 - Jul 14 with 2393 viewslongbottom

England revert to type on 16:41 - Jul 14 by Stanisgod

Pathetic limp shots on goal my nan could save.
Men against boys.

England revert to type on 18:08 - Jul 14 with 2213 views2Thomas2Bowles

England revert to type on 16:44 - Jul 14 by distortR

kane being on the pitch is winding me up. He's static, obviously been injured for a couple of games. yes, he's our talisman, but bloody hell.

and jones shows why he just is not good enough. but we all knew that.

If I were Vardy, I'd be well-pissed at not getting on

Kane's 6 goals flatter him. is it 4 from the spot, I think he is not half a good as some think he is on an international level and that's a real problem for Southgate.

Sticking with players who are out of form or just not good enough and in truth, Kane had not played well in the last 3 games, he was walking around today.

Vardy has his limitations but is far more mobile than Kane has been

I can't see Vardy getting games as Southgate does not want to pick him so I can see him calling it a day on internationals.

I said after the Croatian game there are a few that need to be dumped now, Jones for 1 and maybe half that squad if they are to move forward.

Oh a Kane was voted worst player today 3.16 on BBC
[Post edited 14 Jul 2018 18:52]

England revert to type on 18:18 - Jul 14 with 2176 viewssmegma

The poor mans Karl Henry.

I could do what he does, pass the ball 3 yards, get the return and pass it another 3 yards. Has never been known to pass the ball forward.
England revert to type on 18:34 - Jul 14 with 2141 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I was in a pub next to a scum fan recently (I know, I know). A season ticket holder. Anyway we got chatting a bit. He seemed to think this is going our year in the championship. I quickly assured him it isn't...

I asked him who's the best player he's seen at Stamford Bridge and he said Hazard straight off.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2018 18:35]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

England revert to type on 18:55 - Jul 14 with 2088 viewssmegma

England revert to type on 18:34 - Jul 14 by CliveWilsonSaid

I was in a pub next to a scum fan recently (I know, I know). A season ticket holder. Anyway we got chatting a bit. He seemed to think this is going our year in the championship. I quickly assured him it isn't...

I asked him who's the best player he's seen at Stamford Bridge and he said Hazard straight off.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2018 18:35]

Bet he's only been going down there two years
[Post edited 14 Jul 2018 18:55]
(No subject) (n/t) on 19:05 - Jul 14 with 2056 viewsDejR_vu

For once, the country actually went in to a tournament with a realistic view on our prospects / limitations. But here we go again, over-hyping. The ONLY reason we reached the last four was because of a freak tournament where the big nations didn't show up, either literally or metaphorically. We had, arguably, one of the easiest routes to the final, ever, and still fell short. As soon as we came up a against an even remotely decent side we struggled. We lost to Belgium twice, Croatia and needed penalties to beat a Colombia side without it's best player. We actually only beat Tunisia (with an injury time goal), Panama, and a decent Swedish side. We are no better than we've been for years. Any side that gives Eric Dier and Phil Jones game time is a long, long way from being at the top table.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2018 19:13]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

England revert to type on 19:20 - Jul 14 with 2011 viewsRangersw12

I wouldn't read too much into today . Players were spent after Wednesday and were going through the motions

Future looks bright bit we need to get more English players playing in the premier league and if that means a quote system then so be it
(No subject) (n/t) on 06:36 - Jul 15 with 1761 viewsjonno

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:05 - Jul 14 by DejR_vu

For once, the country actually went in to a tournament with a realistic view on our prospects / limitations. But here we go again, over-hyping. The ONLY reason we reached the last four was because of a freak tournament where the big nations didn't show up, either literally or metaphorically. We had, arguably, one of the easiest routes to the final, ever, and still fell short. As soon as we came up a against an even remotely decent side we struggled. We lost to Belgium twice, Croatia and needed penalties to beat a Colombia side without it's best player. We actually only beat Tunisia (with an injury time goal), Panama, and a decent Swedish side. We are no better than we've been for years. Any side that gives Eric Dier and Phil Jones game time is a long, long way from being at the top table.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2018 19:13]

Tend to agree. Pleased we got to the semi final but as you say we were lucky to get that far in reality. The only decent teams we played, we lost to (Belgium twice and Croatia). The one good thing is that we at least now seem to be able to beat the poor sides, but we simply can't score from open play against better teams and defensively we don't look great either. Lots of work to do. The young England sides are doing well, U17 and U20 World champions, U19 Euro Champions, but the concern must be how those players will progress at Club level as they probably won't get a lot of games due to the number of foreign players in the English game.
England revert to type on 07:22 - Jul 15 with 1736 viewstraininvain

Bloody hell- some of you lot must be great fun at parties!

England haven’t reverted to type. Please bear in mind we got knocked out by Iceland at our last major tournament.

I’m not saying we deserve to have won the World Cup but we had a pretty good tournament and for once can be proud of the players and manager.

The players looked knackered yesterday and we were playing a team who beat Brazil only a week ago.

Losing to them in what was essentially a nothing game doesn’t determine whether England had a good World Cup or not!
[Post edited 15 Jul 2018 7:23]
England revert to type on 10:48 - Jul 15 with 1576 viewsdaveB

The usual self loathing has started as if you get extra points for playing better teams. England played one terrible team, one average one in the group and in the knockouts played teams on a par with us really, none of them were shit in the knockouts. Germany had a far easier route in 2002 beating Paraguay, USA and Korea to get to the final, doubt they cared who they played.

England did very well in the tournament, we are not a great side and yes the draw helped us but we took full advantage of it, we haven't done that in a long time. We were very unlucky against croatia for all the talk of how much better they were we missed 4 very good chances in a very even game. even yesterday all the talk of being outclassed I thought we deserved a draw the way we played second half and just got caught on the break against a side who are a lot better and more experienced than us.

A really good and enjoyabe tournament

May never happen again or we could build on this and be a quarter final/semi final tame for the next few years which would be a big step forward
England revert to type on 10:50 - Jul 15 with 1569 viewsdaveB

England revert to type on 18:08 - Jul 14 by 2Thomas2Bowles

If I were Vardy, I'd be well-pissed at not getting on

Kane's 6 goals flatter him. is it 4 from the spot, I think he is not half a good as some think he is on an international level and that's a real problem for Southgate.

Sticking with players who are out of form or just not good enough and in truth, Kane had not played well in the last 3 games, he was walking around today.

Vardy has his limitations but is far more mobile than Kane has been

I can't see Vardy getting games as Southgate does not want to pick him so I can see him calling it a day on internationals.

I said after the Croatian game there are a few that need to be dumped now, Jones for 1 and maybe half that squad if they are to move forward.

Oh a Kane was voted worst player today 3.16 on BBC
[Post edited 14 Jul 2018 18:52]

Vardy did bugger all whenever he played. Kane ends tournament with 6 goals in 7 games hardly out of form. the way some have gone on you'd think goals from penalties and corners no longer count
England revert to type on 10:54 - Jul 15 with 1559 viewsozexile

His performance against Brazil was incredible.
England revert to type on 11:06 - Jul 15 with 1542 viewstraininvain

England revert to type on 10:50 - Jul 15 by daveB

Vardy did bugger all whenever he played. Kane ends tournament with 6 goals in 7 games hardly out of form. the way some have gone on you'd think goals from penalties and corners no longer count

This. I’ve never seen such in depth analysis of how a team scores goals. Bizarre. It’s almost like sine people are happier being miserable when we’re sh1t!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024