Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roy Keane! 15:59 - Jul 14 with 5605 viewsconnell10

I focking hate the weasel faced little gobshite!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Roy Keane! on 08:34 - Jul 17 with 972 viewsGroveR

Roy Keane! on 07:46 - Jul 17 by PlanetHonneywood

You do realise I am talking about the incident about AIH? As was clearly referenced in my opening post on this thread, and follow up link to his subsequent comments about the incident.

What I am Wright's got to do with it, I know not. Do keep on point Grove....

I understood completely what both your posts were referring to. The connection to Ian Wright should be pretty apparent in post #3 and subsequent reply. You may have missed these, being more busy indexing and cross-referencing your own, more important points.
Roy Keane! on 09:30 - Jul 17 with 897 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Roy Keane! on 08:34 - Jul 17 by GroveR

I understood completely what both your posts were referring to. The connection to Ian Wright should be pretty apparent in post #3 and subsequent reply. You may have missed these, being more busy indexing and cross-referencing your own, more important points.

While considering your cross-referencing irrelevant, I’m really made up for you that you know what you meant, and determinedly so!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Roy Keane! on 10:00 - Jul 17 with 861 viewsrobith

Roy Keane! on 20:30 - Jul 16 by BrianMcCarthy

Fair enough.

I think it's weird that Irish clubs were thrown to the wall with the advent of professionalism and that four new clubs/franchises were created out of provinces that had previously held very little
Interest for the Irish people and I think it's quite clear that it gave Ireland a huge advantage, and I don't think that takes away from any achievements and certainly isn't slanderous.

Best of luck to them, I just don't think that winning a few Six Nations does it for me. But to each their own.

Except the provinces had always existed in rugby Brian? Munster famously beat the All Blacks in 1978, a task the Ireland team didn't manage until 2 years ago. There's a good book about it, the stories of that day are absolutely crazy, and a lot of historical context

Stand Up and Fight: When Munster Beat The All Blacks by Alan English

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00PRH8P58/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btk
Roy Keane! on 10:16 - Jul 17 with 845 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Roy Keane! on 10:00 - Jul 17 by robith

Except the provinces had always existed in rugby Brian? Munster famously beat the All Blacks in 1978, a task the Ireland team didn't manage until 2 years ago. There's a good book about it, the stories of that day are absolutely crazy, and a lot of historical context

Stand Up and Fight: When Munster Beat The All Blacks by Alan English

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00PRH8P58/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btk

I lived in Limerick - the home of rugby outside of D4 - for years, Robith, and they used to have a great line about that game - "there was only a few thousand at the game and I've met all four million of them!".

Munster existed in the pre-professional days, but hardly anyone knew or cared.

My friend is head of training for the IRFU. They've done well, but it's still a minority sport in Ireland and worldwide is all I'm saying and he'll freely concede that. I'm not knocking them, just explaining why when I was talking about Irish soccer in my original post I compared it to GAA and not to rugby. It's not because I hate it or anything. I actually have been to Ireland games, I've even played rugby for a while (second row - paid from the neck down!).

Rowing is also a minority sport. We're doing very well in that. I love it.
Horse racing is also a minority sport. We're doing very well in that. I detest it.

So, I'm not knocking rugby. As I said, to each their own.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024