Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luongo 11:30 - Jul 15 with 11126 viewsbosh67

I hear vague mumbles that he may be on his way? Anyone heard if he is staying or going? Huge loss if he goes.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Luongo on 10:57 - Jul 19 with 1587 viewslave16

Luongo on 10:55 - Jul 19 by stevec

£6m ??!! As the saying goes, I'd drive him there myself.

We'd have a lovely time.

I'm assuming he'd have to supply the coffee and biscuits

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Luongo on 12:49 - Jul 19 with 1413 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Luongo on 10:55 - Jul 19 by stevec

£6m ??!! As the saying goes, I'd drive him there myself.

We'd have a lovely time.

He’ll be worth fvck all when deliberately throws himself out the passenger side into oncoming traffic.
Luongo on 20:44 - Jul 19 with 1298 viewsfrancisbowles

Luongo on 10:46 - Jul 19 by Antti_Heinola

Everyone else covered why he is such a good player elsewhere very well - but the Ozzie team thing you mention - he was competing with Mooy and Jedinak. I love Mass, but he's not as good as Mooy, who is really good IMO. And while he is closer to an ageing Jedinak, Mile is a real leader, scored a couple of pens, and has huge authority, size and strength. Tough to break past those two.

Didn't they have some new young 'wonderkid' who jumped ahead of him as well?

Shame for Mass, wonder how he will respond. Could be that he will want a new challenge, to increase his motivation.
Luongo on 21:05 - Jul 19 with 1249 viewsozranger

Luongo on 20:44 - Jul 19 by francisbowles

Didn't they have some new young 'wonderkid' who jumped ahead of him as well?

Shame for Mass, wonder how he will respond. Could be that he will want a new challenge, to increase his motivation.

That new wonderkid - Arzani - is a left side midfielder and so well away from where Mass would have played. Mass was caught out by politics. The whole mess with Cahill, Jedinak and FFA was ridiculous. While I partially agree with Antti, Jedinak was slow and struggled in defence. The International game has passed him. His leadership is good, but he could have done that from the sideline. I agree that this will be big to see how Mass will respond, both for us and with the Australian team.
Luongo on 01:13 - Jul 20 with 1042 viewsMyke

Luongo on 10:46 - Jul 19 by Antti_Heinola

Everyone else covered why he is such a good player elsewhere very well - but the Ozzie team thing you mention - he was competing with Mooy and Jedinak. I love Mass, but he's not as good as Mooy, who is really good IMO. And while he is closer to an ageing Jedinak, Mile is a real leader, scored a couple of pens, and has huge authority, size and strength. Tough to break past those two.

I accept what you are saying Antii, although no game time at all even when things were not going well was disappointing. I suppose I was mentioning it in the context of how highly we rate him compared to how highly he is rated in the wider scheme of things. Indeed with this in mind, there is no way we would get £6m for him - more like £4m I would say
Luongo on 10:04 - Jul 20 with 868 viewsfrancisbowles

Luongo on 21:05 - Jul 19 by ozranger

That new wonderkid - Arzani - is a left side midfielder and so well away from where Mass would have played. Mass was caught out by politics. The whole mess with Cahill, Jedinak and FFA was ridiculous. While I partially agree with Antti, Jedinak was slow and struggled in defence. The International game has passed him. His leadership is good, but he could have done that from the sideline. I agree that this will be big to see how Mass will respond, both for us and with the Australian team.

Thanks Oz, I didn't know there were politics involved. Can you give a little more info or a link?
Luongo on 11:20 - Jul 20 with 804 viewsozranger

Luongo on 10:04 - Jul 20 by francisbowles

Thanks Oz, I didn't know there were politics involved. Can you give a little more info or a link?

Wish I could, but it is more commentary from certain people who are agents in Australia and know a lot more than any of us and many others on what is going on in the halls of the FFA. The Cahill situation was just ridiculous. The manager was (ostensibly) told to select him as within minutes of that, the Caltex add for Cahilltex started, something well planned and with Caltex a major sponsor of the Socceroos.

The fact that Luongo did not play or come on for Jedinak was another political decision as quite evidently, both from past international experience and the fact that Jedinak was coming back from injury and hadn't played much in the lead up games, that the FFA wanted him to go out as captain and playing full games even though he was not fit enough. I watched each of the games while still in London and you could see he was slow in the game.

So, perhaps it is all heresay, but there is so much circumstantial evidence and commentary from certain people in the know that gives it credence.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024