Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lisbon advice 10:27 - Jul 16 with 1822 viewsonlyrinmoray

Im looking for holiday help. Im thinking of going to Lisbon for a week Can anyone give advice re areas of the city to stay to places to visit etc. Im not into visiting churches!

My wife wants half board hotel accommodation. Im finding it hard to find any, only B&B Would it be cheaper to go for half board or just eat out

Ive heard good reports of Lisbon and as were not sitting by the pool types would seem to suit us

Thanks guys
Lisbon advice on 10:29 - Jul 16 with 1811 viewsBlackCrowe

A lovely airbnb in the Barrio Alto district will see you right.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Lisbon advice on 10:52 - Jul 16 with 1762 viewsFearless

Lisbon advice on 10:29 - Jul 16 by BlackCrowe

A lovely airbnb in the Barrio Alto district will see you right.

Lovely city is Lisbon.
Easy day trips to Cascais and Sintra (which is stunning - look at google images)
Plus pop across the river to the second Christ the redeemer statue and views of a copy of the Golden Gate Bridge.
A night in a good Fado restaurant, some pastis de Belem and what’s not to like?

Oh - and there’s a lift/elevator that was built by the Eiffel people that offers great views and saves your feet from a long walk
[Post edited 16 Jul 2018 10:56]
Lisbon advice on 11:40 - Jul 16 with 1699 viewssmegma

Lisbon advice on 10:52 - Jul 16 by Fearless

Lovely city is Lisbon.
Easy day trips to Cascais and Sintra (which is stunning - look at google images)
Plus pop across the river to the second Christ the redeemer statue and views of a copy of the Golden Gate Bridge.
A night in a good Fado restaurant, some pastis de Belem and what’s not to like?

Oh - and there’s a lift/elevator that was built by the Eiffel people that offers great views and saves your feet from a long walk
[Post edited 16 Jul 2018 10:56]

Bring your hiking boots as it appears to have more hills than Rome. Beautiful city. Another place to visit is Belem just outside the centre on the coast near the pretend Golden Gate. Great monument to Vasco Da Gama with stunning views from the top. Sintra is unbelievable and Estoril and Cascais are a short train ride away, two really lovely seaside towns.
Lisbon advice on 15:07 - Jul 16 with 1564 viewskensalriser

Loads of great not-expensive restaurants in Lisbon, why would you want to eat in hotel every night?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Lisbon advice on 15:14 - Jul 16 with 1550 viewsJeff

you'll inevitably get sucked towards the TimeOut Market, it's billed as this amazing food court showcasing all of Lisbon with high end food and drink etc.

Avoid it. turn around and a couple of hundred yards north of it is the Bairro Alto. walk up and down that instead. You won't regret it.

Can we not knock it?

Lisbon advice on 15:43 - Jul 16 with 1509 viewsMick_S

Lisbon advice on 15:14 - Jul 16 by Jeff

you'll inevitably get sucked towards the TimeOut Market, it's billed as this amazing food court showcasing all of Lisbon with high end food and drink etc.

Avoid it. turn around and a couple of hundred yards north of it is the Bairro Alto. walk up and down that instead. You won't regret it.

Nice one!
Hopefully going in October - Bairro Alto the place to be.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Lisbon advice on 23:17 - Jul 16 with 1366 viewswombat

Lisbon advice on 15:43 - Jul 16 by Mick_S

Nice one!
Hopefully going in October - Bairro Alto the place to be.

It’s more mountainous than hilly , lovely place great people . Enjoy

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Lisbon advice on 01:17 - Jul 17 with 1328 viewsozranger

Spent four days there with the missus in late May. There are queues everywhere, so be prepared. The trams are full and be careful for pickpockets. However, other than that, this is probably one of the safest places in Europe. We stayed in an apartment in the old town, very near the elevator. Best time to take the elevator is early morning on a Sunday - we just walked straight into it. Go up the Arco da Rua Augsuta as you get a nice view of the city. Similarly you can head up to the castle (and I mean up). Lots of lovely restaurants in the small streets, if you want to avoid the crowds. We did a number of tours and they were well worth it, including Sintra and Cascais. Take the 15 tram to Belem from the Comércio plaza main bus interchange. Lots to do out there, but again be prepared for long queues.

We actually flew into Lisbon, had four nights there and then took the train to Porto and spent two nights there, flying back to Gatwick from Porto. Porto is a more compact city with everything all in one smaller area. You may want to consider a wider reach of travel.
Login to get fewer ads

Lisbon advice on 08:17 - Jul 17 with 1278 viewsaston_hoop

Lots of great stuff already mentioned so I won't go over it but I will add a shout for heading south of the city out towards Sesimbra. Pretty little seaside town about an hour south of the city but get on a tour out there and the scenery on that coastline is stunning all the way down. Combined with the fact that area is dotted with vineyards and the seafood is exceptionally fresh, its well worth getting on a tour out that way.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Lisbon advice on 09:31 - Jul 17 with 1241 viewsrobith

I know everyone loves Lisbon, but I would also shout for Porto because it is an absolutely incredible city that is possibly my favourite place on earth
Lisbon advice on 20:31 - Jul 17 with 1085 viewsHooped_Pullie

Mrs Lillie & I honeymooned there in 2010 - fantastic place, Lisbon, can't add much to the advice here already on this thread as I agree with it. We stayed at an old town hotel, a Pombalina building built to withstand earthquakes (see the history).

Did the Benfica stadium tour, which was brilliant if a little weird in places. One of their players died on the pitch a few years prior, and they exhibit the kit he was wearing when he died, which I doubt would be seen in a UK football museum.
Lisbon advice on 13:56 - Jul 18 with 971 viewshopphoops

Lisbon advice on 09:31 - Jul 17 by robith

I know everyone loves Lisbon, but I would also shout for Porto because it is an absolutely incredible city that is possibly my favourite place on earth

Porto's cool as feck. Lisbon's a cross between Porto and a really nice European city.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024