Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The greater evil — Column 07:59 - Jul 17 with 4562 viewsNorthernr

Simon Dorset on the problems with face with the vile EP3 regulations.

The greater evil — Column 17th Jul 2018 07:58
While Financial Fair Play concerns continue to dominate discussion over the future of Queens Park Rangers, AKUTR’s columnist Simon Dorset says there’s a bigger problem for the club to grapple with. 14

The greater evil — Column on 08:11 - Jul 17 with 4515 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Excellent piece, Simon. Highly informative. Many thanks.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The greater evil — Column on 08:22 - Jul 17 with 4486 viewsqprd

The greater evil — Column on 08:11 - Jul 17 by BrianMcCarthy

Excellent piece, Simon. Highly informative. Many thanks.

excellent article

ironic that the rules governing academy players so heavily favor the clubs who have the worst record of actually developing them and giving them first team opportunities
The greater evil — Column on 08:26 - Jul 17 with 4474 viewsNorthernr

The greater evil — Column on 08:22 - Jul 17 by qprd

excellent article

ironic that the rules governing academy players so heavily favor the clubs who have the worst record of actually developing them and giving them first team opportunities

Yup. Look where this England team came from. Pickford and Henderson Sunderland, Stones Barnsley, Walker and Maguire were Sheff Utd, Vardy was non-league, Rose was Leeds, Young Watford, Sterling QPR.

The only ones who came through these wonderful top end academies were Lingard, Rashford, Kane and Loftus Cheek and of those two of them had to go out on loan multiple times to play any football at all.

EP3 funnels all the best youngsters into the place they're least likely to play.
The greater evil — Column on 09:07 - Jul 17 with 4379 viewsStanFan

It's hard to say whether FFP or EP3 is the worst but they are both outrageous schemes designed to stop anyone challenging the biggest clubs. It's no surprise that the biggest, richest clubs should be aiming to set everything up to benefit themselves. What is disappointing is that the so-called authorities (the FA) do so little to stop them. In fairness I think that they are more-or-less powerless given the ultimate threat from the Premier League to completely break away.
The greater evil — Column on 09:16 - Jul 17 with 4348 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Thanks. Yet another reason for me to hate the world!

Excellent article ;)

Poll: Expectations for this season?

The greater evil — Column on 09:48 - Jul 17 with 4271 viewsstevec

An excellent article. Maybe you have but do you ever put stuff like this in front of the noses of journalists on National papers and see if it gets a response?

The example of Sterling and the financial deferential between pre and post EP3 deserves a bigger audience, especially off the back of the World Cup.
The greater evil — Column on 10:05 - Jul 17 with 4236 viewsDorse

When I saw the title, I thought Les had been found in the Blue Peter garden performing a satanic mass.

Again.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The greater evil — Column on 10:10 - Jul 17 with 4228 viewsSnipper

Really enjoyable read. I’d say there’s plenty of fans all over the country who are unaware of what’s going on.

This definitely needs a wider audience.
Login to get fewer ads

The greater evil — Column on 10:46 - Jul 17 with 4134 viewspeejaybee

The greater evil — Column on 10:10 - Jul 17 by Snipper

Really enjoyable read. I’d say there’s plenty of fans all over the country who are unaware of what’s going on.

This definitely needs a wider audience.

Any suggestions as to how to get to a wider audience.?????

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

The greater evil — Column on 11:20 - Jul 17 with 4050 viewsMick_S

Barry Fry: “What frightens me is that a lot of clubs will pull out of having a youth system altogether. Lower league clubs will look at how much it costs to run their academy or school of excellence and think that, if the Premier League can nick their best players for a low price, what is the point of investing in it?”

I'm no expert here, but wasn't this the conclusion that Brentford came to regarding their development squad based at Uxbridge High School? That is some facility.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

The greater evil — Column on 12:51 - Jul 17 with 3868 viewsdannyblue

The greater evil — Column on 09:07 - Jul 17 by StanFan

It's hard to say whether FFP or EP3 is the worst but they are both outrageous schemes designed to stop anyone challenging the biggest clubs. It's no surprise that the biggest, richest clubs should be aiming to set everything up to benefit themselves. What is disappointing is that the so-called authorities (the FA) do so little to stop them. In fairness I think that they are more-or-less powerless given the ultimate threat from the Premier League to completely break away.

And both Financial Foul Play and EP3 have an additional effect. If a billionaire wants to get into football, it makes less sense than ever to buy any old club and build them up, instead he should buy one already at the top table, making them (and the shares of those that own them) ever more valuable.
The greater evil — Column on 13:06 - Jul 17 with 3819 viewswhittocksRs

The fact Barry Fry is the voice of reason here should be alarm enough. Great but depressing piece.
The greater evil — Column on 13:16 - Jul 17 with 3787 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

The greater evil — Column on 10:46 - Jul 17 by peejaybee

Any suggestions as to how to get to a wider audience.?????

Gareth Southgate? That would be the ultimate goal. Not sure how you’d get from here to there though.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

The greater evil — Column on 22:42 - Jul 17 with 3188 viewsLblock

How quick the afterglow of a World Cup fades....

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The greater evil — Column on 08:43 - Jul 18 with 2980 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The greater evil — Column on 22:42 - Jul 17 by Lblock

How quick the afterglow of a World Cup fades....

It can be hard to fight the fade alright.

I'm just looking forward to the football. I enjoyed last season hugely so hoping that more or less the same bunch of players will be just as fun to watch this season.

For now, I'm going to try hard not to think of FFP and all that lark.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The greater evil — Column on 10:25 - Jul 18 with 2904 viewsswitchingcode

The greater evil — Column on 11:20 - Jul 17 by Mick_S

Barry Fry: “What frightens me is that a lot of clubs will pull out of having a youth system altogether. Lower league clubs will look at how much it costs to run their academy or school of excellence and think that, if the Premier League can nick their best players for a low price, what is the point of investing in it?”

I'm no expert here, but wasn't this the conclusion that Brentford came to regarding their development squad based at Uxbridge High School? That is some facility.

Yes,the escalating costs could not be justified our change of direction ie B team made up of 17 to 21 year olds has proved to be successful.
The greater evil — Column on 10:33 - Jul 18 with 2887 viewsMick_S

The greater evil — Column on 10:25 - Jul 18 by switchingcode

Yes,the escalating costs could not be justified our change of direction ie B team made up of 17 to 21 year olds has proved to be successful.

Ok mate. The place is enormous - it must have cost a fortune to put up. I just walked past it. Strange but true.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

The greater evil — Column on 12:42 - Jul 18 with 2762 viewsDorse

The greater evil — Column on 10:33 - Jul 18 by Mick_S

Ok mate. The place is enormous - it must have cost a fortune to put up. I just walked past it. Strange but true.

Bristol City did something similar when the City Academy (formerly Lawrence Hill comp) was being done. They invested something like £1m, (along with University of the West of England and the Bristol Chamber of Commerce - £3m total) and in return got a state of the art training facility used by all their youth teams.

It was one of the first Schools to go for academy status and the investment at the time (c.2003) was massive - around £27m total plus the private investment. Full rebuild and Premier League standard PE facilities.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The greater evil — Column on 16:29 - Jul 21 with 2214 viewsrsonist

https://trainingground.guru/articles/huddersfield-embark-on-new-academy-era

Interview with Huddersfield's new academy set-up, which has gone the same way as Brentford's.
The greater evil — Column on 09:34 - Jul 22 with 2029 viewsnix

Excellent article Simon. Been banging on about this for ages. It’s really not done much for the careers of Patrick Roberts (now rumoured to be joining Leicester) or Patrick Bamford to be stuck with Man City or Chelsea. Yes they can go out on loan but it’s not always as good to be sent to different clubs every season rather than to stay in one place where they’ve got a reason to invest in your future.

There really should be a limit as to how many young players these clubs can stockpile. Not only are they taking the development income stream from EFL clubs, they’re also holding them over a barrel in loan fees for the young players, which ambitious clubs end up paying thereby getting them into FFP trouble,
The greater evil — Column on 10:30 - Jul 22 with 1958 viewsPunteR

yeh brilliant article and i've shared to a few mates..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024