Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eze contract 12:15 - Jul 17 with 6118 viewsGloucs_R

If I am correct, his contract is up next summer.

He's probably being tapped up already by other clubs, which would most likely put him out of our price bracket.

So, would you:

Sell him now, if he doesnt sign a new contract
Play him this season and hope we get promoted and offer him a new improved contract
Accept he'll be leaving at the end of the season but play him anyway
Bin him to the reserves if he doesnt sign and wont move

Poll: Are we staying up?

Eze contract on 12:34 - Jul 17 with 4537 viewskingo

Personally, I am going to have faith that the club will get it sorted, like they have for Lumley.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Eze contract on 12:37 - Jul 17 with 4517 viewsBrianMcCarthy

We don't really know enough to comment, I think? - what real interest there is, his own feelings on the issue, what advise he's getting, and so on.

It's just really hard for fans to know about these things. And rightly so, maybe.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Eze contract on 12:40 - Jul 17 with 4498 viewsLblock

I would really hope that the message coming out of this World Cup to young 'un's is:- play games and work your way up and you can reach the pinnacle.

This lad is pure class. He looks after the ball as well as anyone I've seen at this level and more fool the club if they haven't been looking to tie him down ahead of him getting attention.

To answer your question - I'd play him, play him as much as possible whilst looking after him. Whilst doing so, keep talking to him, keep getting the message across he can progress here, stress our belief in him and that we'll help him achieve what he can achieve. Then use his progression as a standard bearer to the next strlet that comes along

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Eze contract on 12:43 - Jul 17 with 4483 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Eze contract on 12:40 - Jul 17 by Lblock

I would really hope that the message coming out of this World Cup to young 'un's is:- play games and work your way up and you can reach the pinnacle.

This lad is pure class. He looks after the ball as well as anyone I've seen at this level and more fool the club if they haven't been looking to tie him down ahead of him getting attention.

To answer your question - I'd play him, play him as much as possible whilst looking after him. Whilst doing so, keep talking to him, keep getting the message across he can progress here, stress our belief in him and that we'll help him achieve what he can achieve. Then use his progression as a standard bearer to the next strlet that comes along

Good post, LB.

Eze contract on 13:07 - Jul 17 with 4357 viewswhittocksRs

I reckon we'll get him on another contract. Unless the big boys tap him up, I can't see him thinking he's ready for that sort of move without a full season in the Championship
Eze contract on 13:23 - Jul 17 with 4296 viewsGloucs_R

Eze contract on 13:07 - Jul 17 by whittocksRs

I reckon we'll get him on another contract. Unless the big boys tap him up, I can't see him thinking he's ready for that sort of move without a full season in the Championship

I hope so. But can see him only signing a new contract with a silly release clause.....thats certainly what I would be saying if I was his agent.

Eze contract on 13:33 - Jul 17 with 4249 viewsrsonist

As Brian says, not worth tying ourselves into speculative knots over until more information comes to light.
Eze contract on 14:05 - Jul 17 with 4153 viewsNorthernr

Yeh there's a hell of a lot of conclusions jumped to here. Most likely outcome is that he and Smyth sign extensions, announced in the coming days and weeks alongside ticket promotions - like Lumley today.
Login to get fewer ads

Eze contract on 14:12 - Jul 17 with 4111 viewssmegma

Eze contract on 13:33 - Jul 17 by rsonist

As Brian says, not worth tying ourselves into speculative knots over until more information comes to light.

I love these 'what ifs and maybe' threads. It's like reading a fantasy novel.

[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 14:15]
Eze contract on 14:40 - Jul 17 with 4010 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Even if he left for nothing tomorrow, the disappointment and frustration would be fleeting like it was with every player from Paul Parker, to Les Ferdinand, to Charlie Austin, to Alex Smithies.

Maybe I’m not a very good supporter, but player departures don’t upset me anymore.
Eze contract on 14:40 - Jul 17 with 4007 viewsrsonist

Eze contract on 14:12 - Jul 17 by smegma

I love these 'what ifs and maybe' threads. It's like reading a fantasy novel.

[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 14:15]

If it says TURN TO PAGE 400 after "Play him this season and hope we get promoted and offer him a new improved contract " then I strongly suggest we do that one.
Eze contract on 14:44 - Jul 17 with 3991 viewsrsonist

Unconsidered factors here are:

- This is a kid released by Millwall who as far as I'm aware we didn't have to beat off competition to sign. It's doubtful his talent has ever been a secret on the grapevine; reservations about him are likewise equally shared. (And as we saw with the lack of interest in Austin and Smithies, clubs and supporters don't always share the same metrics anyway).

- If clubs were belatedly interested now then we'd likely be willing sellers at a very attractive price in this market (cf Maddison £20m, Brooks £12m, Mepham £10m etc).

- Eze is signed to an established agency who you would imagine know enough to wait for a bigger cut.

- If it had been made clear that a new contract would be a sticky proposition you would think the club wouldn't manufacture a backlash for themselves advertising him regularly front and centre on social media.

- As well as staying in the division and maximising future sales revenue, it's of paramount importance to the club that it fosters a growing reputation as a place where footballers can develop. No one is getting banished to the reserves unless they act a fool and tank their own careers by themselves a la JET.
Eze contract on 16:18 - Jul 17 with 3834 viewskensalriser

On top of Brexit, Trump, Grenfell, plastics pollution and climate change, I'm not sure I can cope with this.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Eze contract on 18:17 - Jul 17 with 3616 viewsterryb

I would hope that the club will be offering him a contract extension that is an improvement for him but inside the club's wage structure.

Whether he has a new contract or not - PLAY HIM!

He has an exciting future ahead of him is a joy to watch.

Why would you bin him to the reserves? We need our best palyers & he is one of those (possibly the best).
Eze contract on 20:23 - Jul 17 with 3470 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Eze contract on 18:17 - Jul 17 by terryb

I would hope that the club will be offering him a contract extension that is an improvement for him but inside the club's wage structure.

Whether he has a new contract or not - PLAY HIM!

He has an exciting future ahead of him is a joy to watch.

Why would you bin him to the reserves? We need our best palyers & he is one of those (possibly the best).

This is my sentiment. We all really want Eze on the squad for an extended period of time, but if we can't get him signed, not playing him doesn't exactly help matters, either. Frankly, he's one of the few reasons why I'm looking forward to this season!
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 20:24]
Eze contract on 20:42 - Jul 17 with 3443 viewsdaveB

I'd be shocked if he isn't a first choice player in the team this season, can see why Holloway eased him and Smyth in last season but both of them should be starting this season and aiming to play at least 30 games.

I wouldn't be too worried about his contract yet but if we get to september and he hasn't signed anything then would expect him to be sold in January
Eze contract on 21:01 - Jul 17 with 3380 viewsbosh67

Do we even know if his contract is being discussed or not at the moment? It may well be being discussed at the moment or sorted and not made public. I am not too worried right now.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Eze contract on 22:02 - Jul 17 with 3280 viewsbarbicanranger

If this route of developing youngsters is to be pursued we need to be all over contracts so hopefully the club are and we haven't F'd this up. ATM I'm not sure he is worth much more than he was playing in the ressies but if he picks up this season where he left off the last he'll certainly be one to watch in the c'ship and his value will change.
Eze contract on 10:52 - Jul 25 with 2809 viewsNorthernr

Apparently Eze and Smyth have a year option on their contracts on the club's side - i.e. the club can decide to extend the deals a year if they want to. So effectively they've both got two years left, not one. Which is something. They're trying to get Eze on a bigger, longer deal all the same.
Eze contract on 11:09 - Jul 25 with 2746 viewsGloucs_R

Eze contract on 10:52 - Jul 25 by Northernr

Apparently Eze and Smyth have a year option on their contracts on the club's side - i.e. the club can decide to extend the deals a year if they want to. So effectively they've both got two years left, not one. Which is something. They're trying to get Eze on a bigger, longer deal all the same.

Thats great news. Is that from an official source?

Eze contract on 11:12 - Jul 25 with 2727 viewsNorthernr

Eze contract on 11:09 - Jul 25 by Gloucs_R

Thats great news. Is that from an official source?

Yeh.
Eze contract on 11:34 - Jul 25 with 2650 viewsenfieldargh

Eze contract on 11:12 - Jul 25 by Northernr

Yeh.

the way clubs are chucking money around I wouldnt be surprised if he had gone before the season starts

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Eze contract on 12:20 - Jul 25 with 2532 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Eze contract on 11:12 - Jul 25 by Northernr

Yeh.

Great news.

Thanks, Clive.

Eze contract on 12:23 - Jul 25 with 2516 views18StoneOfHoop

Eze contract on 11:34 - Jul 25 by enfieldargh

the way clubs are chucking money around I wouldnt be surprised if he had gone before the season starts

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Eze contract on 12:23 - Jul 25 with 2514 viewsGloucs_R

You should take this to Twitter Clive! LFW exclusive!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024