Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Darnell Furlong 11:02 - Jul 19 with 8632 viewssmegma

Out for 3 months. Shite!!!
Darnell Furlong on 12:40 - Jul 19 with 2119 viewsstevec

Personally, I'd like to see us move in for a no nonsense, salt of the earth, take no prisoners, Norman Ramsbottom type full back.

But that's just me.
Darnell Furlong on 12:43 - Jul 19 with 2109 viewsquickpassrotter

Actually, and unfortunately, it's going to be longer than 3 months as the Consultant stated that he should be ready to start training again in 3 months time - so, add another 4 weeks (gulp !)..that will probably take him through to mid November. Let's hope that Darnell can beat that timeline. Big blow for us (and him of course) as he was nailed on in the full back position and can also be shifteed across to the middle. Not good.
Darnell Furlong on 12:54 - Jul 19 with 2065 viewscaliforniahoop

Darnell Furlong on 11:28 - Jul 19 by WadR

Massive blow given his excellence in the last third of 2017/18.

Not sure I'm comfortable with Kakay and Baptiste as our only options until October for RB. How about Moses Odubajo? Free agent but currently training with Brentford.

Great shout, a top FB before the injury
Darnell Furlong on 13:13 - Jul 19 with 2010 viewsHayesender

What Danny Simpson rumour?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Darnell Furlong on 13:15 - Jul 19 with 1990 viewsHayesender

http://the72.co.uk/110381/qpr-close-signing-international-defender-world-cup/

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Darnell Furlong on 13:15 - Jul 19 with 1980 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Darnell Furlong on 12:40 - Jul 19 by stevec

Personally, I'd like to see us move in for a no nonsense, salt of the earth, take no prisoners, Norman Ramsbottom type full back.

But that's just me.

It's not just you amigo, it's most definitely me.

Centre backs - Should be 'orrible brutes, whose sole purpose in life is to look in the eyes of the oppo and gently mouth, 'I'm gonna fcuk you up big time'. Time served a positive in my book!

Full backs - Should be similarly 'orrible, speedy preferably, but with roving tendencies up field. They should carry a certain menace if you will as in: if the oppo's trickster gets ideas above his station, 'kin wallop! Having a kick like a mule also a positive.

Too many pretty boys among our dwindling defensive roster, although the BFG is an encouraging signing. Not sure what the really ugly mudda formerly at Wham! is doing, but I like his presence.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Darnell Furlong on 13:18 - Jul 19 with 1969 viewsqprd

Give the spot to Kakay. He played reasonably well at the end of last season and deserves his chance.

Hes much better going forward than Baptiste.

I'd rather not add another player to the squad just to provide cover for 2.5 months of the season
Darnell Furlong on 13:23 - Jul 19 with 1936 viewskingo

Darnell Furlong on 13:13 - Jul 19 by Hayesender

What Danny Simpson rumour?

A so called football agent up in the Midlands said yesterday that Danny Simpson was in talks with QPR. Seemed a bit bizarre yesterday but a bit more feasible today, but probably Bollox.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Login to get fewer ads

Darnell Furlong on 13:27 - Jul 19 with 1912 viewssimmo

Looking forward to seeing how Kakay takes his chance, looked really good when he's had the odd appearance and another 20 odd games under his belt won't do him or us any harm to his development. Shame for Furs, hopefully his recovery goes smoothly.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Darnell Furlong on 13:48 - Jul 19 with 1828 viewsconnell10

What with Robinson gone and Furlong injured who will take our long throws!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Darnell Furlong on 14:01 - Jul 19 with 1786 viewswhittocksRs

Very, very bad news considering some of the other folk we've lost in defence in the past few months. Kakay will need to step up and I hope he does. A very tough start to the season looks likely.
Darnell Furlong on 14:06 - Jul 19 with 1767 viewspaulparker

"IF" and its a big IF we can get say Simpson and this Sainsbury fella plus some sort of decent striker then I would say that's a pretty decent transfer window for us

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Darnell Furlong on 14:12 - Jul 19 with 1752 viewsrunningman75

Is a sad loss for early in the season but hopefully he will come back. Hopefully Danny Simpson is a no deal as I thought we had cut our wage bill. Time to continue promoting from the youth team. Can Hämäläinen play on the right as Bidwell going to be first choice left back.
Darnell Furlong on 14:26 - Jul 19 with 1718 viewstimcocking

Quite literally ffs.
Darnell Furlong on 14:30 - Jul 19 with 1709 viewsmcqpr10

Is a real shame, was looking forward to seeing him start regularly this season. At least it's not the long ligament injury lay off that has ruined so many of our youth prospects.

Odubajo is a great shout. Brentford fans I know said he was excellent against Wycombe this week.

Would like to see Kakay get a good run at it, isn't that we are about now. Rather than going for the next loan, test one of our own. Also, Pav could maybe do a job there?
Darnell Furlong on 14:37 - Jul 19 with 1688 viewsNorthernr

Terrible news. Just as he was really coming into his own and looking good.
Defence looks piss weak now.
Darnell Furlong on 15:04 - Jul 19 with 1608 viewsnottonyfernandes

I like odubajo too and he’s still a good age, but could potentially stop furlongs progress after he’s recovered and block kakays completely

Perfect scenario for me would be a loan til jan but don’t know who’s in the market ? Maybe ola aina from Chelsea who was on loan at hull last year ?
Darnell Furlong on 15:08 - Jul 19 with 1599 viewsDorse

Darnell Furlong on 14:37 - Jul 19 by Northernr

Terrible news. Just as he was really coming into his own and looking good.
Defence looks piss weak now.

Furs is a terrific player for us in that position. I really hope Kakay can take a step up otherwise, as things stand, we're fcuked. And not in a good way.

Leistner was a step in the right direction and if the Sainsbury rumour has a grain of truth in it, we might have replaced Ned, Perch and Robinson. But this is QPR and THE CURSE is real.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Darnell Furlong on 15:28 - Jul 19 with 1552 viewsMick_S

Cursed but local.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Darnell Furlong on 15:29 - Jul 19 with 1545 viewsPinnerPaul

Darnell Furlong on 15:08 - Jul 19 by Dorse

Furs is a terrific player for us in that position. I really hope Kakay can take a step up otherwise, as things stand, we're fcuked. And not in a good way.

Leistner was a step in the right direction and if the Sainsbury rumour has a grain of truth in it, we might have replaced Ned, Perch and Robinson. But this is QPR and THE CURSE is real.

Well its not - look at football news and there is this sort of thing all the time.

Oxlade Chamberlin out for the season the most high profile recent example.
Darnell Furlong on 15:57 - Jul 19 with 1483 viewsrsonist

Darnell Furlong on 13:23 - Jul 19 by kingo

A so called football agent up in the Midlands said yesterday that Danny Simpson was in talks with QPR. Seemed a bit bizarre yesterday but a bit more feasible today, but probably Bollox.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/local-news/rebekah-vardy-responds-footba

This guy you mean?

Well done to all the grown men out there parotting this "rumour".
Darnell Furlong on 16:43 - Jul 19 with 1414 viewssimmo

Absolutely mental to suggest Simpson would leave PL Leicester to come and play for us on 10% of what he's likely on, but other than that why would we want Simpson anyway? We've got Furlong, granted he will miss part of the season but we've only just got him as our first choice RB, don't sign anybody else to replace him now FFS.

He's injured, we have a natural back up RB from our youth team and 2-3 other first teamers that can play there in a pinch - signing someone is not the answer to injuries unless it's a long term injury and a loan.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Darnell Furlong on 16:50 - Jul 19 with 1396 viewsqueensparker

The little fella we got from Fulham is a right back as well isn't he? Looked well up for it in the bits of the Wimbledon game I saw, we can always use him for a few games too. No need to buy anyone.

He is absolutely *tiny* though. Proper DouDou size.
Darnell Furlong on 16:55 - Jul 19 with 1380 viewsFDC

Terrible news on Furlong. According to this random website QPR are in for Trent Sainsbury -- the man with the most middle-management-sounding name ever (h/t Guardian worldcup podcast)

http://the72.co.uk/110381/qpr-close-signing-international-defender-world-cup/

QPR are close to signing Australian international defender Trent Sainsbury, according to The Sun journalist Alan Nixon.
Darnell Furlong on 18:23 - Jul 19 with 1211 viewsHooped_Pullie

Norwich are very keen to offload Russell Martin (interchangeable RB/CB) on loan, as it seems he's completely out of favour with Farke - 32, highly experienced, wonder if taking him for a few months initially would make sense ? Wages might be a stumbling block, but if they're keen on a deal then a compromise might be found. Better than taking Simpson back, in my book.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024