Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sterling 02:17 - Jul 20 with 7679 viewsBrazilNutR

All the papers talking about that City will try and sell Sterling, as he's not signed his contract.. got me wondering, do we get a percentage of every sale?, and he must still be worth a lot, especially in today's market. how much would he go for?!
Sterling on 02:51 - Jul 20 with 6470 viewsstowmarketrange

After his displays at the World Cup he’ll be worth about £2.50.
Sterling on 05:07 - Jul 20 with 6410 viewsSydneyRs

Sterling played well in the world cup. We looked far worse, and opposition defences far less worried, when he was off the field. He may not be perfect but was easily England's best option in that position. I guess it would be better for some to have big Sam , balls lumped up to Vardy and home by the round of 16.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2018 5:08]
Sterling on 06:56 - Jul 20 with 6301 viewsLblock

On the original question –– I’m sure none of us know the ins and outs of any transfer dealings but I’d be surprised if it’s a sell on fee in perpetuity. That’s like forcing a third party to be in contract with you and on and on and on.
It’s possible but I’d of thought maybe Liverpool have a percentage and we’d get a percentage of that cut???

As for his performance for England he was great apart from couldn’t finish his dinners

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Sterling on 09:03 - Jul 20 with 6045 viewsNorthernr

No we don't.
Sterling on 09:37 - Jul 20 with 5941 viewssmegma

Sterling on 05:07 - Jul 20 by SydneyRs

Sterling played well in the world cup. We looked far worse, and opposition defences far less worried, when he was off the field. He may not be perfect but was easily England's best option in that position. I guess it would be better for some to have big Sam , balls lumped up to Vardy and home by the round of 16.

I beg to differ.

Of his 44 caps, 36 have been starts. He has only played the whole 90 minutes 12 times out of those 36. He averages 65 minutes on the field. Those stats tell a story..
2 goals in 44 games ???Hasn't scored in his last 26 internationals going back nearly 3 years !!!!

Englands biggest enigma.
Sterling on 09:45 - Jul 20 with 5915 viewsLazyFan

Sterling on 09:37 - Jul 20 by smegma

I beg to differ.

Of his 44 caps, 36 have been starts. He has only played the whole 90 minutes 12 times out of those 36. He averages 65 minutes on the field. Those stats tell a story..
2 goals in 44 games ???Hasn't scored in his last 26 internationals going back nearly 3 years !!!!

Englands biggest enigma.

What are the stats for Rashford and Vardy?
As they would be the current direct replacement.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Sterling on 10:11 - Jul 20 with 5858 viewsTheChef

Sterling on 09:37 - Jul 20 by smegma

I beg to differ.

Englands biggest enigma.

Southgate's biggest mistake was taking him off too early against Croatia. Lovren and Vida were a lot more happy not having Sterling running at them.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Sterling on 10:23 - Jul 20 with 5831 viewshoopdog

If that's the case Washington must be kicking himself he took the Northern Irish cap he he's good at hustle and bustle football
Login to get fewer ads

Sterling on 10:28 - Jul 20 with 5819 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I thought he was very dangerous for England eve if he didn't score or look like scoring. His pace kept defences back and kept them worried. He ran very well off the ball and was crucial in the early part of most England attacks.

I thought that taking him off against Croatia was a strange move, to put it mildly.

In reply to the op - no, we don't.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sterling on 10:58 - Jul 20 with 5746 viewstraininvain

Exactly. Look what happened when Sterling was subbed vs Croatia. It allowed them to push up the pitch as Sterling was keeping them honest with his movement and playing on the last man.

He's an intelligent footballer which is why Guardiola likes him.
Sterling on 10:59 - Jul 20 with 5737 viewsozexile

It seems like I'll be in the minority but here we go. Struggles to stand up, mishits passes, runs down blind alleys, shapes to play on his left foot although he can't use it, never scores but apart from that he's great.
Sterling on 11:02 - Jul 20 with 5723 viewsRblockPrior

Sterling on 02:51 - Jul 20 by stowmarketrange

After his displays at the World Cup he’ll be worth about £2.50.

I don't understand the talk about Sterling playing bad in the world cup, I thought he played well and stretched the back line of each team, yes he missed a chance against Sweden but that was no where near as bad as Kanes against Croatia.

People are far to quick to join the we hate sterling bandwagon

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Sterling on 11:05 - Jul 20 with 5711 viewskingsburyR

We're going to have to go through the whole "you let your country down" routine when he's on the box.......which I find tiresome!

I thought he did OK and was one of England's better players!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Sterling on 11:06 - Jul 20 with 5705 viewstraininvain

Sterling on 10:59 - Jul 20 by ozexile

It seems like I'll be in the minority but here we go. Struggles to stand up, mishits passes, runs down blind alleys, shapes to play on his left foot although he can't use it, never scores but apart from that he's great.

Well that's factually incorrect for a start- he scored 18 league goals last season. 23 in all competitions.

His role for England is different. It's all about his movement and creating space for his teammates which he did excellently at the World Cup. Unfortunately those who don't understand this have a problem with his performances.

But anyway, i'm sure you're better positioned to judge watching from your sofa than the likes of Guardiola and Southgate.
Sterling on 11:17 - Jul 20 with 5679 viewsrobith

Sterling on 10:11 - Jul 20 by TheChef

Southgate's biggest mistake was taking him off too early against Croatia. Lovren and Vida were a lot more happy not having Sterling running at them.

Before the final BBC did a decent bit of analysis about the Croatian defence showing Sterling's pace meant he was regularly beating their centre backs to balls he shouldn't have won, but that the average England player was 30 yards away from him as they were sitting so deep and not getting up to support him so he had no options
Sterling on 11:29 - Jul 20 with 5646 viewsolderR

Sterling on 10:59 - Jul 20 by ozexile

We're talking about Sterling not Conor Washington.
Sterling on 13:06 - Jul 20 with 5529 viewsTHEBUSH

I think the style of play Southgate wants, suits Stirling rather than Rashford.

Rashford probably more of a natural goalscorer, but because we are a bit ponderous when playing out from the back, Stirling give's us the opportunity to break out quickly.
Sterling on 13:11 - Jul 20 with 5521 viewsozexile

Sterling on 11:06 - Jul 20 by traininvain

Well that's factually incorrect for a start- he scored 18 league goals last season. 23 in all competitions.

His role for England is different. It's all about his movement and creating space for his teammates which he did excellently at the World Cup. Unfortunately those who don't understand this have a problem with his performances.

But anyway, i'm sure you're better positioned to judge watching from your sofa than the likes of Guardiola and Southgate.

I meant score for England. I could get double figures in that City team with the players around me.
Sterling on 13:53 - Jul 20 with 5454 viewswillis1980

Sterling means sterling
Sterling on 13:59 - Jul 20 with 5430 viewsrobith

Sterling on 13:11 - Jul 20 by ozexile

I meant score for England. I could get double figures in that City team with the players around me.

chinny reckon

Sterling on 13:59 - Jul 20 with 5430 viewsDavieQPR

He didn't sign his contract because his advisors thought with a good World Cup
behind him they could get more money. Watch him sign it pretty sharpish now.
Sterling on 14:42 - Jul 20 with 5331 viewsnottonyfernandes

Sterling on 09:45 - Jul 20 by LazyFan

What are the stats for Rashford and Vardy?
As they would be the current direct replacement.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

So I did this during the World Cup because I was bored of the hadn’t scored in 3 years nonsense.
I looked at goals and assists, accurate as of 25th June.
Sterling - every 200.77 mins
Rashford - every 173 mins
Vardy- every 132 mins
Alli - 247 mins
Welbeck 113 mins

Kane is well in the lead at every 88 minutes

Other notables averages:
Beckham - every 149 mins
John Barnes - every 442 mins
Owen - 120 mins
Shearer - 143 mins
Rooney - 118 mins

Messi - 95 mins
Ronaldo - 99 mins
Neymar - 79 mins
Lukaku - 84 mins
Falcao - 158 mins
Brandt- 227 mins
Muller- 96 mins
Sane- 592 mins

Sterling is better than all our other midfielders and is close enough to Rashford/vardy on a better cohort so I think the flack he gets is over the top. I find it funny that everyone was fuming about sane not going and simultaneously berating sterling for his england record.

The main thing I learnt though is that danny welbeck is better than shearer :D
Sterling on 15:18 - Jul 20 with 5258 viewskensalriser

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/top-scorers

Highest number of assists, I see.

Still, Man City had no option but to carry him last season as there's so little depth in their squad.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Sterling on 15:21 - Jul 20 with 5251 viewsdaveB

Problem Sterling had was he's not a centre forward but is being judged as one. He's a very good wide player who could develop into a very useful midfield player. I thought he had a very good World Cup, real shame City are replacing him, of that Starting 11 for England this summer looks like Sterling, Lingaard and Young will all struggle for regular football as will the likes of Loftus Cheek and Rashford.
Sterling on 15:51 - Jul 20 with 5180 viewstraininvain

Sterling on 13:11 - Jul 20 by ozexile

Fantasist.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024