Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Waghorn 5 Million!!!! 09:55 - Jul 20 with 6043 viewsenfieldargh

this is what Sheff Utd have apparently offered Ipswich

28 years old 16 Champ goals last season, utter madness if true but shows the going rate for strikers.

Him and Leon Clarke up front and Sharp to back them up

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Waghorn 5 Million!!!! on 10:05 - Jul 20 with 4885 viewsbosh67

1 in just over 3 game scorer. No better than Sylla.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Waghorn 5 Million!!!! on 10:13 - Jul 20 with 4842 viewsTacticalR

I remember him doing a number on us when he was playing for Leicester.

Air hostess clique

Waghorn 5 Million!!!! on 10:14 - Jul 20 with 4835 viewsMyke

Waghorn 5 Million!!!! on 10:05 - Jul 20 by bosh67

1 in just over 3 game scorer. No better than Sylla.

you're assuming Waghorn played every game last season. I like Sylla and feel Holloway underused him. I wonder would he bag 16 goals if he played in every game - I suspect we'll never find out
Waghorn 5 Million!!!! on 11:51 - Jul 20 with 4663 viewspaulparker

Don't Tell DD he has been raving on about Waghorn for years
but seriously 5 million !!! Smith must be worth 10 then , that's why we need to keep hold of Sylla because he is twice the player of waghorn ,
its getting harder for us now in this market to get players in, hopefully mel Johnson can get his black book out and find us someone for peanuts

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Waghorn 5 Million!!!! on 12:13 - Jul 20 with 4613 viewsDorse

Waghorn.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Waghorn 5 Million!!!! on 14:11 - Jul 20 with 4413 viewsrobith

I look out one window and I see a world where ordinary championship strikers go for a fortune.

The I look out the other and I see QPR fans saying we should shift Sylla, with a similar record, at any cost.

Shame neither of these realities exist together
Waghorn 5 Million!!!! on 15:00 - Jul 20 with 4297 viewspaulparker

i see Adam Armstrong has been realised by Newcastle he would do us

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Waghorn 5 Million!!!! on 15:29 - Jul 20 with 4222 viewsnottonyfernandes

Waghorn 5 Million!!!! on 15:00 - Jul 20 by paulparker

i see Adam Armstrong has been realised by Newcastle he would do us

I thought he looked good at Barnsley a few years back but hasn’t fared so well since then. Could be worth a flier, but not if it impacts Oteh’s development
Login to get fewer ads

Waghorn 5 Million!!!! on 15:30 - Jul 20 with 4213 viewspaulparker

Waghorn 5 Million!!!! on 15:29 - Jul 20 by nottonyfernandes

I thought he looked good at Barnsley a few years back but hasn’t fared so well since then. Could be worth a flier, but not if it impacts Oteh’s development

Did alright at Blackburn and help win the U20 world cup for England last year, well worth the punt imo (if we can afford wages )

Waghorn 5 Million!!!! on 15:32 - Jul 20 with 4203 viewsMick_S

5 million!!! That, I said that, is a lot of money.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Waghorn 5 Million!!!! on 15:35 - Jul 20 with 4186 viewsnottonyfernandes

Waghorn 5 Million!!!! on 15:30 - Jul 20 by paulparker

Did alright at Blackburn and help win the U20 world cup for England last year, well worth the punt imo (if we can afford wages )

I just remember him struggling at Bolton the year before. Blackburn walked league 1 but fair play.

For £3 million I want no part of that though, thought it was a free or similar.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6820409/newcastle-adam-armstrong-leave-3
Waghorn 5 Million!!!! on 15:39 - Jul 20 with 4157 viewsJeff

Waghorn 5 Million!!!! on 15:30 - Jul 20 by paulparker

good player with good pedigree, but the question is where do we play him? working on the assumption that we're either 433 or 4231 or similar, our forward line is basically boiled down to 'big man up top, plus forward / wingers types playing off him'

Not sure where AA fits into that mold, as I had him down as a more traditional 'front 2 ype striker'

Additionally, we've got Wheeler, BOS, Smyth, Wszolek, Eze, Washington(!) and Freeman for the forward winger roles, so bringing in AA would be diluting an already fairly large pool, and can't imagine he's coming in to rotate on the money he'd probably want.

Good player, but not sure what we're after at the moment - think if we sign any sort of striker it needs to be an upgrade on Smith / Sylla (which Chris Martin isn't!)
[Post edited 20 Jul 2018 15:40]

Can we not knock it?

Waghorn 5 Million!!!! on 21:21 - Jul 20 with 3933 viewsderbyhoop

Saw Armstrong playing for Coventry aboutv3 years ago. Small, not particularly quick, but scored goals at L1 level. Suspect that is his level.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Waghorn 5 Million!!!! on 21:44 - Jul 20 with 3884 viewsJigsore

Waghorn is a slightly better Washington, £5m ffs

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Waghorn 5 Million!!!! on 11:58 - Jul 21 with 3645 viewsonlyrinmoray

I really see a goal poacher Billy Sharp type as a priority. Im not convinced we have anyone up front who can score regularly £5 million is silly money but if we want to challenge for the play offs we need someone. Sylla & Washington cant be relied on. Even the the stats on Sylla don't convince me
We cant rely on the midfield to chip in with a few either as they didn't last season. Eze and Smyth this season I think will surely improve things So its upfront that we need someone
Hopefully we will get someone abroad for a reasonable amount
Waghorn 5 Million!!!! on 12:08 - Jul 21 with 3626 viewsEsox_Lucius

Perhaps if Sylla gets a run longer than three games we might see the player in him come out more. Stop start, in and out of the team does nothing to settle him... or improve his confidence which all strikers thrive on. If he had been given the chances that Washington has been given then I am certain his goal return would have been much, much better.

The grass is always greener.

Waghorn 5 Million!!!! on 14:47 - Jul 21 with 3451 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Waghorn 5 Million!!!! on 12:08 - Jul 21 by Esox_Lucius

Perhaps if Sylla gets a run longer than three games we might see the player in him come out more. Stop start, in and out of the team does nothing to settle him... or improve his confidence which all strikers thrive on. If he had been given the chances that Washington has been given then I am certain his goal return would have been much, much better.

The thing is it was never really clear why Sylla was in and out of the side. Holloway used to shoulder the blame with his "tinkering". For whatever reason that I'm not going to speculate on I don't think you'll ever get more than 20-30 games out of Sylla. Washington is mostly fit and available which is probably why he gets so much game time.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Waghorn 5 Million!!!! on 22:15 - Jul 21 with 3229 viewsMyke

Waghorn 5 Million!!!! on 12:08 - Jul 21 by Esox_Lucius

Yeah would love to see Sylla getting a run of 10 consecutive games with the team playing to his strengths. Then we could properly assess his value to the team
Waghorn 5 Million!!!! on 01:15 - Jul 22 with 3136 viewstimcocking

I wonder how much they'd offer me?
Waghorn 5 Million!!!! on 10:55 - Jul 25 with 2837 viewsrsonist

Now Waghorn 8 Million!!!!
Waghorn 5 Million!!!! on 10:59 - Jul 25 with 2823 viewsNorthernr

Waghorn 5 Million!!!! on 10:55 - Jul 25 by rsonist

That's Sone Aluko levels of mental.
Waghorn 5 Million!!!! on 11:03 - Jul 25 with 2799 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Waghorn 5 Million!!!! on 21:44 - Jul 20 by Jigsore

Waghorn is a slightly better Washington, £5m ffs

Highly defamatory comment!

If Waghorn reads that, you better get lawyered up.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Waghorn 5 Million!!!! on 11:04 - Jul 25 with 2788 viewsEsox_Lucius

Waghorn 5 Million!!!! on 14:47 - Jul 21 by CliveWilsonSaid

The thing is it was never really clear why Sylla was in and out of the side. Holloway used to shoulder the blame with his "tinkering". For whatever reason that I'm not going to speculate on I don't think you'll ever get more than 20-30 games out of Sylla. Washington is mostly fit and available which is probably why he gets so much game time.

So why don't we play Mo Farah? He is fit and could be available? Fit and available doesn't score goals I'm afraid. People seem to equate Sylla's economical use of his energy to score goals with laziness and this false premise seems to be sticking to him. He is the best of the predatory goalscorers we have at the club but this isn't enough for so many. I don't remember either Berbatov or Jimmy Greaves putting many shifts in but they scored a fückton of goals.

The grass is always greener.

Waghorn 5 Million!!!! on 12:11 - Jul 25 with 2715 viewsTacticalR

I remember the days when you could get him for 5 Million.

Air hostess clique

Waghorn 5 Million!!!! on 12:17 - Jul 25 with 2682 viewsMick_S

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024