Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
IPTV question for the tech experts 20:14 - Jul 21 with 2947 viewstommytanker

Evening all, does anyone have a IPTV subscription? A friend I know has recently started using it and swears by it for the football etc. I am being a little naive but I assume it’s not exactly legal?
IPTV question for the tech experts on 22:14 - Jul 21 with 2829 viewsSharpy36

I have it and no it`s not legal, although saying that i think the worst you would get is a letter from your isp asking you to stop.

As for the service it can be a bit hit and miss, depending on the game you`re watching as say the Manchester derby is likely to get more viewers than the stoke v middlesboro of this world. You really need a good broadband speed plus a device that you can plug an ethernet cable in ie a kodi box.

I pay £8 a month and it has everything you`ll want including ppv boxing all the 3pm PL kickoffs plus boxsets and the latest movies.

Edit to add. If you do sign up to a provider make sure you can do it monthly not yearly as some leave town as quick as they arrive leaving you out of pocket.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2018 22:20]

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

IPTV question for the tech experts on 00:46 - Jul 22 with 2741 viewsFDC

If you're going down that route my advice would be to get a decent VPN (I use IP Vanish), which does mean another subscription. But at that point I'm not sure you need an IPTV subscription, as you can access content that your IP provider probably currently blocks. And with e.g. Acestream the more people accessing content the better the stream, since it's a torrent protocol i.e relies on everyone accessing the stream to also be sharing it. Sharing content is defo illegal, hence a VPN is a must.

Add a Real Debrid account and you'll be about £10 a month out of pocket but with unlimited on demand tv/film (in 1080 HD as soon as anything goes to DVD) and good live sports streams.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2018 0:51]
IPTV question for the tech experts on 14:02 - Jul 22 with 2606 viewstommytanker

Thanks chaps. Appreciated.
IPTV question for the tech experts on 11:50 - Jul 23 with 2413 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

IPTV question for the tech experts on 00:46 - Jul 22 by FDC

If you're going down that route my advice would be to get a decent VPN (I use IP Vanish), which does mean another subscription. But at that point I'm not sure you need an IPTV subscription, as you can access content that your IP provider probably currently blocks. And with e.g. Acestream the more people accessing content the better the stream, since it's a torrent protocol i.e relies on everyone accessing the stream to also be sharing it. Sharing content is defo illegal, hence a VPN is a must.

Add a Real Debrid account and you'll be about £10 a month out of pocket but with unlimited on demand tv/film (in 1080 HD as soon as anything goes to DVD) and good live sports streams.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2018 0:51]

Then all you need to do is find the time to watch it all.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

IPTV question for the tech experts on 13:56 - Jul 23 with 2326 viewsJuzzie

I don't want to sound arsey and righteous here but this kind of illegal activity does have an impact on people's jobs. People with mortgages and families.

Please don't fall for the 'victimless crime' mantra.

This happened to us in the early 00's when illegal MP3 downloads and sharing took hold, a lot of people lost their jobs. It took us at least two years to get back on track and even then it's a constant fight against it and the business having to be ever creative.

Sure, it won't affect all the Execs at the top who will still get huge bonuses etc but when cut backs happen it'll be the ordinary company worker, like me, that get's the bullet.

Thank you.
IPTV question for the tech experts on 15:17 - Jul 23 with 2273 viewsRangersw12

IPTV question for the tech experts on 13:56 - Jul 23 by Juzzie

I don't want to sound arsey and righteous here but this kind of illegal activity does have an impact on people's jobs. People with mortgages and families.

Please don't fall for the 'victimless crime' mantra.

This happened to us in the early 00's when illegal MP3 downloads and sharing took hold, a lot of people lost their jobs. It took us at least two years to get back on track and even then it's a constant fight against it and the business having to be ever creative.

Sure, it won't affect all the Execs at the top who will still get huge bonuses etc but when cut backs happen it'll be the ordinary company worker, like me, that get's the bullet.

Thank you.

Sky/BT need to lower their prices and stop paying the Premier League clubs so much money

The fact people are not subscribing and now using streams should Hopefully give Sky the wake up call they deserve

120 a year for me and I get everything including PPV you would be mad not to be using it
IPTV question for the tech experts on 15:40 - Jul 23 with 2234 viewsHayesender

£120 per year for me, and I literally get everything, including all the latest films to watch when I want.

Get it from a fellow hoop as well

Poll: Shamima Beghum

IPTV question for the tech experts on 15:41 - Jul 23 with 2234 viewspaulparker

IPTV question for the tech experts on 15:17 - Jul 23 by Rangersw12

Sky/BT need to lower their prices and stop paying the Premier League clubs so much money

The fact people are not subscribing and now using streams should Hopefully give Sky the wake up call they deserve

120 a year for me and I get everything including PPV you would be mad not to be using it

considering SKY have lost champions league , La Liga , and now the Chinese & dutch football they should be dropping prices

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

IPTV question for the tech experts on 15:47 - Jul 23 with 2216 viewsSharpy36

Totally agree with Rangersw12. My last full virgin contract ended up costing me £115 a month. I decided enough was enough and just kept the broadband but had to have the home phone(which i did`nt want) i made a point of sticking to my guns and saying the most i would pay was £20, fast forward to now 14 months later it is over £40, although i`m out of contract and should i wish to leave they want a months notice and money ?.
I understand your position Juzzie but you work for a bunch of vultures, and some of the experiances i`ve had with virgins call centers over the years i hope some do lose their jobs.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

IPTV question for the tech experts on 15:55 - Jul 23 with 2190 viewsRangersw12

IPTV question for the tech experts on 15:40 - Jul 23 by Hayesender

£120 per year for me, and I literally get everything, including all the latest films to watch when I want.

Get it from a fellow hoop as well

We must get it from the same person

Best service out there by a mile
[Post edited 23 Jul 2018 15:59]
IPTV question for the tech experts on 16:01 - Jul 23 with 2164 viewsSharpy36

PM me their contact details pretty please.

IPTV question for the tech experts on 17:40 - Jul 23 with 2065 viewsRangersw12

IPTV question for the tech experts on 16:01 - Jul 23 by Sharpy36

PM me their contact details pretty please.

PM sent mate
IPTV question for the tech experts on 17:49 - Jul 23 with 2045 viewsJuzzie

Absolutely agree about the cost of Sky Sports which just pays outrageous salaries to the players, this is why I cancelled my Sky Sports subscription a couple of years ago. I don't miss it and I don't miss the over saturation of football on TV.

The music industry did have a year long government investigation at the cost of £4m to the taxpayer (thanks to the Sun which they never had to pay back) which concluded music pricing was fair.

I wonder if there's a body/ombudsman out there that does/can do the same for TV media companies such as Sky as surely the subscription prices if linked to player salaries cannot in any way be 'normal'?
Of course, the best form of protest is to cancel your subscription.

I don't work for Virgin as such but it was bought into Universal Music a few years ago who would not be responsible for how Virgin acted (through EMI) prior to the buy-out.
Any call centres were/are probably manned by poorly paid people so the Execs can cream off even more in bonuses and shareholders can get better dividends.

Again, not the fault of the person at basement level (and I've no doubt the corporates are no angels) but they're the ones ultimatley who suffer when cost cutting happens.

[Post edited 23 Jul 2018 17:51]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024