Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Very Green Rovers FC 12:44 - Jul 30 with 3493 viewsR_from_afar

Impressive: Forest Green Rovers named world's first UN certified carbon-neutral football club
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jul/30/forest-green-rovers-named-world

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Very Green Rovers FC on 12:54 - Jul 30 with 3458 viewssmegma

It has an organic pitch ???

I thought every football pitch was organic.
Very Green Rovers FC on 13:01 - Jul 30 with 3442 viewsCaptainPugwash

Arrrrrrr...
Very boocolic.Oy'll remember ee when becalmed off Shanghai chokin' on the smog.

Yo Ho!
Very Green Rovers FC on 13:03 - Jul 30 with 3428 viewsR_from_afar

Very Green Rovers FC on 12:54 - Jul 30 by smegma

It has an organic pitch ???

I thought every football pitch was organic.

Good point, presumably, that is something to do with the treatments they are using on it, e.g. perhaps they are not using any pesticides on it.

I'm surprised they haven't planted a wildflower meadow down each wing!

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Very Green Rovers FC on 13:12 - Jul 30 with 3400 viewsisawqpratwcity

Very Green Rovers FC on 13:03 - Jul 30 by R_from_afar

Good point, presumably, that is something to do with the treatments they are using on it, e.g. perhaps they are not using any pesticides on it.

I'm surprised they haven't planted a wildflower meadow down each wing!

RFA

More not allowing top-dressing with inorganic fertilisers.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Very Green Rovers FC on 13:15 - Jul 30 with 3395 viewsGloucs_R

They were the Chelsea of non-league, bought their way up the non league pyramid. Being an adoptive Gloucester boy now....we hate them!

Poll: Are we staying up?

Very Green Rovers FC on 14:49 - Jul 30 with 3285 viewssmegma

Very Green Rovers FC on 13:15 - Jul 30 by Gloucs_R

They were the Chelsea of non-league, bought their way up the non league pyramid. Being an adoptive Gloucester boy now....we hate them!

So nothing like Chelsea then.

Apart from the hate of course!!
Very Green Rovers FC on 14:55 - Jul 30 with 3280 viewsNorthernr

They signed George Williams from Fulham the other day which is a bit of a coup, he was playing for Wales at the Euros two years ago. Lost his way a bit, on loan at St Johnstone last year.
Very Green Rovers FC on 15:20 - Jul 30 with 3239 viewsGloucs_R

Very Green Rovers FC on 14:49 - Jul 30 by smegma

So nothing like Chelsea then.

Apart from the hate of course!!

Big spenders and buying titles...

Poll: Are we staying up?

Login to get fewer ads

Very Green Rovers FC on 16:11 - Jul 30 with 3193 viewskensalriser

Very Green Rovers FC on 15:20 - Jul 30 by Gloucs_R

Big spenders and buying titles...

As opposed to big spenders who get f all except rapid relegation, twice.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Very Green Rovers FC on 09:09 - Jul 31 with 3048 viewssmegma

Weren't FGR players photographed outside a Greggs eating bacon rolls and pasties ???
Very Green Rovers FC on 09:25 - Jul 31 with 3040 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Very Green Rovers FC on 09:09 - Jul 31 by smegma

Weren't FGR players photographed outside a Greggs eating bacon rolls and pasties ???

Before boarding their diesel guzzling coach to an away game
Very Green Rovers FC on 10:01 - Jul 31 with 3022 viewssmegma

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/footballers-f
Very Green Rovers FC on 13:08 - Jul 31 with 2970 viewsmakaveli1882

Good on them, Imagine not being able to have a real burger or hotdog at home all season because the chairman is a Windmill w*nker.
Very Green Rovers FC on 13:25 - Jul 31 with 2954 viewsR_from_afar

Very Green Rovers FC on 13:08 - Jul 31 by makaveli1882

Good on them, Imagine not being able to have a real burger or hotdog at home all season because the chairman is a Windmill w*nker.

I'm not sure what a - cough - "Windmill w*nker" is but I am fairly it must have something to do with Rotherham United .

I don't believe they are forced to eat vegan food. Parkin probably needs a good meaty meal to maintain his fine figure. He didn't get that through eating bean sprouts with a carrot juice chaser.

RFA

Very Green Rovers FC on 13:42 - Jul 31 with 2922 viewsDannyPaddox

Not another one of those damn windmill w*nkers.

Very Green Rovers FC on 13:45 - Jul 31 with 2919 viewsloftboy

They’re missing a trick, they could have a wind turbine on each corner of the ground facing outwards with floodlight bulbs fixed to the back!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Very Green Rovers FC on 13:47 - Jul 31 with 2911 viewsmakaveli1882

Very Green Rovers FC on 13:25 - Jul 31 by R_from_afar

I'm not sure what a - cough - "Windmill w*nker" is but I am fairly it must have something to do with Rotherham United .

I don't believe they are forced to eat vegan food. Parkin probably needs a good meaty meal to maintain his fine figure. He didn't get that through eating bean sprouts with a carrot juice chaser.

RFA

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/forest-green-rovers
Very Green Rovers FC on 14:53 - Jul 31 with 2856 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Very Green Rovers FC on 13:47 - Jul 31 by makaveli1882

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/forest-green-rovers

Not sure why they're attracting so much derision.

Bl**dy well done to them as far as I'm concerned.

In 20-30 years time being carbon-neutral might be the norm - and it probably needs to be.

What kind of planet will we be handing on to our children and grandchildren - the planet ain't going to get better without help...
Very Green Rovers FC on 18:47 - Jul 31 with 2764 viewsBoston

Very Green Rovers FC on 14:53 - Jul 31 by Ashdown_Ranger

Not sure why they're attracting so much derision.

Bl**dy well done to them as far as I'm concerned.

In 20-30 years time being carbon-neutral might be the norm - and it probably needs to be.

What kind of planet will we be handing on to our children and grandchildren - the planet ain't going to get better without help...

Maybe the destruction of the countryside can be slowed by stopping Londoners from moving into it?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Very Green Rovers FC on 01:18 - Aug 1 with 2661 viewsisawqpratwcity

Very Green Rovers FC on 18:47 - Jul 31 by Boston

Maybe the destruction of the countryside can be slowed by stopping Londoners from moving into it?

We can all consider our environmental impact.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Very Green Rovers FC on 09:55 - Aug 1 with 2626 viewsR_from_afar

Very Green Rovers FC on 13:47 - Jul 31 by makaveli1882

Ah, but to clarify my earlier comment, the management can't - I presume - force the players to eat vegan food when they are away from the stadium and training ground. That would be pretty draconian.

RFA

Very Green Rovers FC on 13:42 - Aug 3 with 2502 viewstimcocking

https://www.ted.com/talks/allan_savory_how_to_green_the_world_s_deserts_and_reve
Very Green Rovers FC on 16:20 - Aug 3 with 2450 viewsTacticalR

The new Danny Dyer documentary, 'Britain's most environmentally friendly football firms', features a new breed of hooligan who only attack with responsibly sourced weapons.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2018 16:20]

Air hostess clique

Very Green Rovers FC on 10:33 - Aug 5 with 2363 viewsGloryHunter

Just to correct the OP, according to that Guardian link, it's the stadium that's claimed to be carbon-neutral, not the whole club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024