Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JOhn spencer Debut Goal 20:54 - Aug 1 with 3332 viewsTGRRRSSS

Unfortunately we lost the game sadly cant find footage of the year after when the result was exactly reversed when we came from behind to win 2-1.

This was on the Tuesdays after the death of Diana (2-1 win) mins silence was slightly disturbed by huge numbers of late Rangers fans singing away outside the ground.

Decent finish, what hopes we had for him that didn't really come off.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2018 21:36]
JOhn spencer Debut Goal on 10:47 - Aug 2 with 716 viewsCamberleyR

JOhn spencer Debut Goal on 23:53 - Aug 1 by ted_hendrix

That hat-trick was scored with his left foot, his right foot and his head, I believe he went off the boil after Rioch grabbed him by the throat during a dressing room argument at a friendly game at Exeter, I loved the bloke and I loved him when he scored at Port bloody Fail that infamous Sunday dinner time game when I managed to punch Danny Dichio on the top of his head during those wild celebrations.

Those were the days when we used to travel the length and breadth of the Country following QPR for no other reason than you always thought we'd be better next week.
Anyone on here go to Grimsby that season? that was the game when Paul Murray stood in the middle of the pitch and put his arms out to our so called Managerial team of pricks who were stood on the touch line waving their arms around in some sort of a secret code, Murray's facial expression was saying to the pair of minges "what exactly do you want"?
We lost 2-0 btw. ("Were not Arsenal anymore)

@ Tom long time no see you daft sod

I was at Grimsby as well. My dad had just got a new car so we decided to give it a nice long run. I'd say the fish and chips before the game was about the best bit of the day. Fúcking awful game and seemed an interminably long drive home after.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

JOhn spencer Debut Goal on 10:50 - Aug 2 with 714 viewsrsonist

Maybe just the innocence of youth at the time but I don't think I've ever been surer a new signing would do the business than Spencer. Old skool Scum fans still only have good things to say about him.

Wasn't one of his goals in the Barnsley hat trick a flicked header from 20 yards out or have I just completely made that up?
JOhn spencer Debut Goal on 11:27 - Aug 2 with 686 viewsDeepcutHoop

JOhn spencer Debut Goal on 10:50 - Aug 2 by rsonist

Maybe just the innocence of youth at the time but I don't think I've ever been surer a new signing would do the business than Spencer. Old skool Scum fans still only have good things to say about him.

Wasn't one of his goals in the Barnsley hat trick a flicked header from 20 yards out or have I just completely made that up?

I remember coming out of that game very excited about Spencer

I'd forgotten about him running towards the fans screaming' 'I am the f*£#ing man!'

Awesome!
JOhn spencer Debut Goal on 12:58 - Aug 2 with 634 viewsJuzzie

JOhn spencer Debut Goal on 23:44 - Aug 1 by CamberleyR

We didn't sign him on loan (despite what Wiki says), we signed him outright in November 1996. It was Peacock we got on loan for a month at first.

I've always thought that as soon as we knew Gallen was crocked for the season, if Houston hadn't pissed about playing the likes of Steve Slade and Lee Charles up front and dithered for two months before signing a proper forward in Spencer, we'd have been promoted.

That's how I remember it too. Gallen was out for the season in only something like the 2nd or 3rd game and it was another 2-3 months before Spencer came in. He had a great season for us but we missed out on a play-off spot by 6 points which is only two wins.

I'm sure had he come in sooner we'd have at least got into the play-off's.

Downhill from thereafter.
JOhn spencer Debut Goal on 13:31 - Aug 2 with 614 viewsTGRRRSSS

We signed him and Peacock that week, it was a long while after Gallen injury and you do wonder, we did I think (as ever) lose and draw a few silly games that season.
Houston and Rioch - what a cock up that was, I think Houston managed to call his number 2 "gaffer" apparently.

What a shame as that side should have gone up, if we'd got Curbishley as is the claim they wanted things might have been different.

Sorry to bring up sad memories Clive, it is funny though how these things get entwined with life.

Hi Ted, it has indeed beern a loing while, hope alls well with you and Charlie et al.
JOhn spencer Debut Goal on 17:43 - Aug 2 with 525 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Niece words, Clive. Sounds like I'd have loved your Grandad.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024