Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Preston Match Thread. 11:01 - Aug 4 with 18783 viewsted_hendrix

Sod It why not, anyway what could possibly go wrong?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Preston Match Thread. on 11:53 - Aug 5 with 933 views1JD

Preston Match Thread. on 11:30 - Aug 5 by Spaghetti_Hoops

Well I would say that Freeman's style has been a strength in the time he has been with us. Sure in a passing team which wants the ball moved quickly his holding on to it and dribbling could be a negative. But we are not that team. Just as in the Lee Cook days having a player that can hold the ball, turn and move it upfield is a blessing imo. Anyway in this team he is worth his place for the assists alone. Without that what have we got? Not a lot.

That is looking at it with a fixed mindset. It’s a bit like saying Onuoha goes and we are then worse off. Possibly and probably not. For all Neds defensive qualities he was woeful with the ball at his feet which meant we could only play a certain way. The same goes for Freeman

Change is good and by removing one player you can the be freed up to play with a different style. I have every faith that the crosses/assists that previously came from freeman (should he be replaced in the first 11) would be replaced by a different attacking dynamic. BOS and Smyth both have pace in abundance and would assist many and get their fair share of goals.
Preston Match Thread. on 13:31 - Aug 5 with 829 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Your's is a fantasy mindset. The manager doesn't have the players to play your way. Good management is setting the team up to make the best of what you have.
Preston Match Thread. on 14:39 - Aug 5 with 766 viewsfrancisbowles

Preston Match Thread. on 11:53 - Aug 5 by 1JD

That is looking at it with a fixed mindset. It’s a bit like saying Onuoha goes and we are then worse off. Possibly and probably not. For all Neds defensive qualities he was woeful with the ball at his feet which meant we could only play a certain way. The same goes for Freeman

Change is good and by removing one player you can the be freed up to play with a different style. I have every faith that the crosses/assists that previously came from freeman (should he be replaced in the first 11) would be replaced by a different attacking dynamic. BOS and Smyth both have pace in abundance and would assist many and get their fair share of goals.

I can see the possibilities but they are both still inexperienced at this level, as is Eze. To expect them to play together and play well, week in week out, is asking a lot at the moment.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024