Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chef Weds Embargo 15:38 - Aug 7 with 2966 viewsLblock

Been under it since April.

The EFL are busy bunnies arent they

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Chef Weds Embargo on 15:39 - Aug 7 with 2964 viewsNorthernr

Yeh that's been inevitable since they missed out last year. Be interesting to see what happens when they put their next set of accounts out.
Chef Weds Embargo on 15:40 - Aug 7 with 2951 viewskensalriser

Cooking da books?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Chef Weds Embargo on 15:48 - Aug 7 with 2891 viewsLblock

I just don't understand the inconsistency of this FFP malarky

I know we're a one off as it was "old rules for silly fools" but Brum, Rovers, Florist and now Chef Weds all seem to have been treated differently.
Then of course there's good old Bournemouth etc, etc

Meanwhile in a weird world far detached from reality players are being signed for £200Mill and being paid £300k a week.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Chef Weds Embargo on 16:44 - Aug 7 with 2719 viewsR_from_afar

Chef Weds Embargo on 15:48 - Aug 7 by Lblock

I know we're a one off as it was "old rules for silly fools" but Brum, Rovers, Florist and now Chef Weds all seem to have been treated differently.

Meanwhile in a weird world far detached from reality players are being signed for £200Mill and being paid £300k a week.

"Meanwhile in a weird world far detached from reality players are being signed for £200Mill and being paid £300k a week".

This, in a nutshell, is why FFP is completely unfit for its *official* purpose, as opposed to the unofficial one of keeping the big clubs big.

The likes of Liverpool and ManUre can get away with this because permitted spending is based on revenue. They enjoy vast turnovers compared with Bournemouth, Blackburn and ourselves and can therefore - cough - "invest" a sum of money sufficient to buy several Championship clubs on one goalkeeper.

Lovely stuff .

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Chef Weds Embargo on 16:55 - Aug 7 with 2663 viewsNorthernr

Chef Weds Embargo on 15:48 - Aug 7 by Lblock

We're treated differently because it was old rules.
Bournemouth/Leicester are treated differently because they went up and stayed there - had they stayed down it would have been similar transfer embargo for them.

Not too sure about this idea that clubs - first Birmingham and now Sheff Wed - can be under a transfer embargo for months without anybody knowing. Seems like the sort of thing the league should be announcing rather than forcing on clubs on the quiet. What we hiding here? Not exactly transparent is it?

Would be remiss of me not to add that Shaun Harvey is a fcking wnk sock.
Chef Weds Embargo on 16:57 - Aug 7 with 2639 viewskarl

Does anyone know the current situation with Villa? I thought they were heading towards transfer embargo etc but they're quoted as being in talks with Hibs about John McGinn and £4m+ transfer.
He'll be good straight away in Champ as he has strength for it, will be a good signing and very 'entertaining' too.....
[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 17:00]
Chef Weds Embargo on 17:55 - Aug 7 with 2525 viewsted_hendrix

I'll admit to being a bit tedious cos I've said this before on here, but I long for the day when there is a transfer cap and a salary cap and all football clubs can start the season on an even playing keel, Of course I'm not stupid and I know it will never happen but the cash slopping around the PL is vile and bears no resemblance to what I call fair play.
In an wild and stupid moment of madness I was listening to those plebs on talk shyte the other morning whilst joy riding down the fecking M4, they were discussing that manure manager bemoaning the fact that he was struggling to sign players Gawd give me bloody strength, anyway I suffered about three minutes before smashing the car radio with a nine pound club hammer and driving merrily on my way.

Anyway I've forgotten what I was going on about.

Goodbye.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Chef Weds Embargo on 18:01 - Aug 7 with 2501 viewsTacticalR

Chef Weds Embargo on 17:55 - Aug 7 by ted_hendrix

I'll admit to being a bit tedious cos I've said this before on here, but I long for the day when there is a transfer cap and a salary cap and all football clubs can start the season on an even playing keel, Of course I'm not stupid and I know it will never happen but the cash slopping around the PL is vile and bears no resemblance to what I call fair play.
In an wild and stupid moment of madness I was listening to those plebs on talk shyte the other morning whilst joy riding down the fecking M4, they were discussing that manure manager bemoaning the fact that he was struggling to sign players Gawd give me bloody strength, anyway I suffered about three minutes before smashing the car radio with a nine pound club hammer and driving merrily on my way.

Anyway I've forgotten what I was going on about.

Goodbye.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Chef Weds Embargo on 18:12 - Aug 7 with 2455 viewsWatfordR

Chef Weds Embargo on 16:55 - Aug 7 by Northernr

We're treated differently because it was old rules.
Bournemouth/Leicester are treated differently because they went up and stayed there - had they stayed down it would have been similar transfer embargo for them.

Not too sure about this idea that clubs - first Birmingham and now Sheff Wed - can be under a transfer embargo for months without anybody knowing. Seems like the sort of thing the league should be announcing rather than forcing on clubs on the quiet. What we hiding here? Not exactly transparent is it?

Would be remiss of me not to add that Shaun Harvey is a fcking wnk sock.

Never understood how we could be retrospectively punished for breaking old rules which have been proven not to be workable and changed as a result.

It's always struck me a bit like saying that you're going to send someone to prison for being proven now to have broken the law on homosexuality before it was decriminalised.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 20:52]
Chef Weds Embargo on 18:55 - Aug 7 with 2339 viewsTacticalR

Chef Weds Embargo on 18:12 - Aug 7 by WatfordR

Never understood how we could be retrospectively punished for breaking old rules which have been proven not to be workable and changed as a result.

It's always struck me a bit like saying that you're going to send someone to prison for being proven now to have broken the law on homosexuality before it was decriminalised.

I think that's one of Rees-Mogg's policies.

Air hostess clique

Chef Weds Embargo on 19:01 - Aug 7 with 2314 viewsQPR_John

Chef Weds Embargo on 18:12 - Aug 7 by WatfordR

I'm sure that point was put to the FL by our lawyers and resulted in the rediculous idea of £50M to £60M fine being quietly forgotten.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 19:02]
Chef Weds Embargo on 19:05 - Aug 7 with 2299 viewsToast_R

Chef Weds Embargo on 16:57 - Aug 7 by karl

Does anyone know the current situation with Villa? I thought they were heading towards transfer embargo etc but they're quoted as being in talks with Hibs about John McGinn and £4m+ transfer.
He'll be good straight away in Champ as he has strength for it, will be a good signing and very 'entertaining' too.....

Looks like they're taking the old QPR approach the rules and just f*cking them off.
Chef Weds Embargo on 19:20 - Aug 7 with 2248 viewskarl

Chef Weds Embargo on 19:05 - Aug 7 by Toast_R

Looks like they're taking the old QPR approach the rules and just f*cking them off.

I did wonder.
I take it the Thierry Henry story was made up b*ll*cks? Sorry for the questions I've been way out of the loop recently
Chef Weds Embargo on 19:21 - Aug 7 with 2245 viewsTacticalR

Chef Weds Embargo on 19:05 - Aug 7 by Toast_R

They don't want to sit around and get stuck in this division.

Air hostess clique

Chef Weds Embargo on 19:59 - Aug 7 with 2145 viewsterryb

Chef Weds Embargo on 16:57 - Aug 7 by karl

Villa have only been in The Championship for two seasons.

Thery can't fail FFP until three seasons have been complated.
Chef Weds Embargo on 01:17 - Aug 8 with 1859 viewsisawqpratwcity

Chef Weds Embargo on 19:20 - Aug 7 by karl

I did wonder.
I take it the Thierry Henry story was made up b*ll*cks? Sorry for the questions I've been way out of the loop recently

Nah, you didn't miss anything. We're still on the same old made up b*ll*cks.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Chef Weds Embargo on 07:49 - Aug 8 with 1717 viewskingsburyR

All I can see is that some teams are in for a world of crap next season if they don't get promoted.

6 into three doesn't go. (I got a B in GCSE Maths)

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Chef Weds Embargo on 07:56 - Aug 8 with 1703 viewsdavman

Chef Weds Embargo on 07:49 - Aug 8 by kingsburyR

All I can see is that some teams are in for a world of crap next season if they don't get promoted.

6 into three doesn't go. (I got a B in GCSE Maths)

...but typically in the world of the Football League, nobody knows what punishment lay in wait for offenders as no guidelines have been published and they are leaving it with an "Independent Panel".

It'll be a similar transfer embargo and a likkle wikkle slap on the wrist.

The shambles of FFP doesn't appear to be getting any better.

When can the FL clubs vote to have it eliminated?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Chef Weds Embargo on 08:28 - Aug 8 with 1630 viewskingsburyR

Chef Weds Embargo on 07:56 - Aug 8 by davman

...but typically in the world of the Football League, nobody knows what punishment lay in wait for offenders as no guidelines have been published and they are leaving it with an "Independent Panel".

It'll be a similar transfer embargo and a likkle wikkle slap on the wrist.

The shambles of FFP doesn't appear to be getting any better.

When can the FL clubs vote to have it eliminated?

When they go play nicely with UEFA and FIFA.

The mean old Prem League though wont be happy!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Chef Weds Embargo on 08:32 - Aug 8 with 1621 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Think of it this way....

Half the league will be under an embargo next season while we have already gone through it.

We’ll be able to pick players up for a night out at Ocean Billy’s.
Chef Weds Embargo on 10:59 - Aug 8 with 1503 viewsTacticalR

Chef Weds Embargo on 08:32 - Aug 8 by BazzaInTheLoft

Think of it this way....

Half the league will be under an embargo next season while we have already gone through it.

We’ll be able to pick players up for a night out at Ocean Billy’s.

Should it perhaps be renamed the Embargo League?

Air hostess clique

Chef Weds Embargo on 12:20 - Aug 8 with 1381 viewsthemodfather

we all know the fa etc wouldn't do jack to man utd, chelski etc...liverpool are near £200m spend in amonth, yep there's fair play everywhere.
the EFL are trying to look big and in control and will make a mess of it all....how can there be so many bodies in the game? ie efl, fa, prem lge have a body.....one governing body, one set of rules for ALL.
remember the fuss we had over faulin, well tevez and mascherano were forgotten...then the arsenal "portugeese" brazilians they had!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024