Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Martin Samuel 07:44 - Aug 10 with 2443 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Yes I know he is a huge ego wrapped in blubber but nail hit on head in this extract from his column today.

"Having hidden the draw for the Carabao Cup in obscure time zones and formats, chief executive Shaun Harvey is repeating the formula with the Football League highlights.

These have been sold to a channel called Quest and so successful was their first broadcast that the League sent out an advisory on Thursday in the hope media organisations would inform their readers where to get it.

Those who could locate it — on my television it comes after a channel called ID+1 — were rewarded with a blackout, a distorted picture, a squashed picture and a studio set that looked as if it had been assembled with the profits from the worst-performing pie stall at Accrington Stanley.

There are some very big clubs in the Championship, and they surely deserve better. Indeed, it is just as well the League have unearthed a highly lucrative revenue stream, fining their own members millions for having ambition, or Harvey might be considered to have no clue at all."

Martin Samuel on 07:47 - Aug 10 with 2432 viewsEsox_Lucius

You only have to investigate who Quest is owned by to understand why they won the bid.

The grass is always greener.

Martin Samuel on 07:53 - Aug 10 with 2402 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Only the big clubs deserve better Martin?

Martin Samuel on 07:54 - Aug 10 with 2397 viewsNorthernr

Yeh as DaveB pointed out the other week, Sky are forced to give a highlights package to a free to air broadcaster as part of their deal, and have conveniently given that to first Channel 5 and now Quest, both of whom they sell the advertising for.

Martin Samuel is usually very good, as long as you keep him away from Harry Redknapp's ringpiece.

Martin Samuel on 09:04 - Aug 10 with 2238 viewsMetallica_Hoop

His review of the play off final comparing 'Men of Harlech' and 'pigbag' still makes me chuckle.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Martin Samuel on 09:44 - Aug 10 with 2107 viewsAntti_Heinola

Martin Samuel on 07:54 - Aug 10 by Northernr

Yeh as DaveB pointed out the other week, Sky are forced to give a highlights package to a free to air broadcaster as part of their deal, and have conveniently given that to first Channel 5 and now Quest, both of whom they sell the advertising for.

Martin Samuel is usually very good, as long as you keep him away from Harry Redknapp's ringpiece.

Can't stnd the bloke, talks a load of nonsense most of the time, but occasionally he is good, as he is on this one. Used to be a lot better but think he started believing his own pub sometime ago.

Bare bones.

Martin Samuel on 09:55 - Aug 10 with 2051 viewsdaveB

Martin Samuel on 09:44 - Aug 10 by Antti_Heinola

Can't stnd the bloke, talks a load of nonsense most of the time, but occasionally he is good, as he is on this one. Used to be a lot better but think he started believing his own pub sometime ago.

Is that me or Martin Samuel or both?
Martin Samuel on 10:15 - Aug 10 with 1979 viewsstevec

Martin Samuel on 09:44 - Aug 10 by Antti_Heinola

I'd imagine any journalist who is occasionally outlandish in his views will come across as either talking sense or nonsense, dependent on the readers view point, and that's a good thing. This bloke, usually without mentioning QPR directly, has been very supportive of the clubs position versus FFP, I like his writing.

The type I cannot stand is the likes of Oliver Holt, a virtue signalling piece every fckin week. How he manages to do that with sport is a mystery, although working for the Mirror and the usual Oxford graduation probably explains most of it.
Martin Samuel on 11:03 - Aug 10 with 1833 viewsAntti_Heinola

Martin Samuel on 09:55 - Aug 10 by daveB

Is that me or Martin Samuel or both?

Not you mate, I love you!

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Martin Samuel on 13:39 - Aug 10 with 1653 viewsLongsufferingR

Martin Samuel on 07:53 - Aug 10 by CliveWilsonSaid

Only the big clubs deserve better Martin?

Glad somebody else spotted that. He probably only turned on to see Villa and Frank Lampard's Derby.
Martin Samuel on 13:43 - Aug 10 with 1635 viewsdanehoop

Martin Samuel on 13:39 - Aug 10 by LongsufferingR

Glad somebody else spotted that. He probably only turned on to see Villa and Frank Lampard's Derby.

sincerely doubt he actually turned this on himself.

Never knowingly understood

Martin Samuel on 14:45 - Aug 10 with 1491 viewssmegma

Martin Samuel on 07:47 - Aug 10 by Esox_Lucius

You only have to investigate who Quest is owned by to understand why they won the bid.

Who ??
Martin Samuel on 00:24 - Aug 11 with 1138 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Martin Samuel on 10:15 - Aug 10 by stevec

I'd imagine any journalist who is occasionally outlandish in his views will come across as either talking sense or nonsense, dependent on the readers view point, and that's a good thing. This bloke, usually without mentioning QPR directly, has been very supportive of the clubs position versus FFP, I like his writing.

The type I cannot stand is the likes of Oliver Holt, a virtue signalling piece every fckin week. How he manages to do that with sport is a mystery, although working for the Mirror and the usual Oxford graduation probably explains most of it.

I inadvertently hit the down arrow while scrolling.

So to try rectify my error, I’ve got to think of something to say. Which is hard as I don’t read the papers any more and I’ve no idea who Oliver Holt is.

I once read a book written by Kevin Mitchell about the Nigel Benn/Gerard McClellan fight or, to be more precise, the violence in boxing, ‘War, Baby’ is simply outstanding.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk We are QataRs!

Martin Samuel on 14:17 - Aug 11 with 951 viewsdistortR

Martin Samuel on 00:24 - Aug 11 by PlanetHonneywood

I inadvertently hit the down arrow while scrolling.

So to try rectify my error, I’ve got to think of something to say. Which is hard as I don’t read the papers any more and I’ve no idea who Oliver Holt is.

I once read a book written by Kevin Mitchell about the Nigel Benn/Gerard McClellan fight or, to be more precise, the violence in boxing, ‘War, Baby’ is simply outstanding.

ok, I've down arrowed you for no reason.

I've never read 'War, Baby', but 'war' is, and 'baby' probably is, an album by
U2 and therefore uttershite

Martin Samuel on 17:56 - Aug 11 with 802 viewskensalriser

Arrows can be reversed by clicking the opposite arrow as appropriate. If anyone's bothered.

Poll: Come on then, let's have it.

Martin Samuel on 18:02 - Aug 11 with 779 viewsdistortR

Martin Samuel on 17:56 - Aug 11 by kensalriser

Arrows can be reversed by clicking the opposite arrow as appropriate. If anyone's bothered.

where's the fun in that?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2018