Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tony stepping down as chairman? 08:29 - Aug 10 with 16613 viewsFDC

This is from 5 hours ago but can't see it on here, apologies if I missed it

Doesn't seem to be reply to Clive, so not quite sure why it's directed at him. There's a whole load that are the same. Maybe it's a catholic-style twitter confession? Forgive me Clive for I have sinned
Tony stepping down as chairman? on 09:59 - Aug 10 with 8181 viewssevenhoop

hope not. for all his faults, he's always tried to do the right thing, and he cares.
Tony stepping down as chairman? on 10:00 - Aug 10 with 8171 viewsisawqpratwcity

Interesting!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Tony stepping down as chairman? on 10:01 - Aug 10 with 8172 viewsNorthernr

I presume it's a response to the article we published last night, but yeh odd experience to wake up to a load of Tweets from him.

Really enjoying being copied into all the replies to him as well. That's just great. More like that please.
Tony stepping down as chairman? on 10:02 - Aug 10 with 8167 viewsdaveB

Lovely bloke and will probably regret this if a replacement is worse but would be for the best to have a quiet out of the public eye chairmen and just let Lee Hoos run the place
Tony stepping down as chairman? on 10:03 - Aug 10 with 8155 viewsdaveB

he was on one this morning

Tony Fernandes
‏
Verified account

@tonyfernandes
7h7 hours ago
More
I’m very proud of our squad and the work ethic . We will strengthen . But give them you best support. Be positive. Come on you rsssssss

29 replies 20 retweets 268 likes
Reply 29 Retweet 20 Like 268 Direct message

Tony Fernandes
‏
Verified account

@tonyfernandes
7h7 hours ago
More
@LoftforWords good luck to all of us this season. Been an honor and lots of fun and pain Hahahaha . Wish us luck in the loan window. I love our squad and it will only get better. Signing off now.

1 reply 3 retweets 23 likes
Reply 1 Retweet 3 Like 23 Direct message

Tony Fernandes
‏
Verified account

@tonyfernandes
7h7 hours ago
More
@LoftforWords finally I applaud you in asking @QPR fans to have style and don’t use foul language. Criticism is fine and wanted. You tweet other tweet so allow us to respond sometimes.

7 replies 5 retweets 35 likes
Reply 7 Retweet 5 Like 35 Direct message

Tony Fernandes
‏
Verified account

@tonyfernandes
7h7 hours ago
More
@LoftforWords got a good ceo who tries and cares and good backroom staff and shareholders that care. We Look forward not backwards.

3 replies 3 retweets 16 likes
Reply 3 Retweet 3 Like 16 Direct message

Tony Fernandes
‏
Verified account

@tonyfernandes
7h7 hours ago
More
@LoftforWords academy is in a good position and is getting better. I can’t do much on UK planning or local goverment . We could and should have had a trainning ground and stadium by now and lots of affordable housing.

3 replies 3 retweets 15 likes
Reply 3 Retweet 3 Like 15 Direct message

Tony Fernandes
‏
Verified account

@tonyfernandes
7h7 hours ago
More
@LoftforWords the priority was to sign up our young players. I got a lot of abuse for that. Quickly forgotten as you pointed and to be continue to build. Loans can be transferred to permanent by the way.

3 replies 3 retweets 20 likes
Reply 3 Retweet 3 Like 20 Direct message

Tony Fernandes
‏
Verified account

@tonyfernandes
7h7 hours ago
More
@LoftforWords we tried hard for centreback and we wil continue. But one player felt the championship was to hard other one was offered a 3 year deal at a wage we were not prepared to do.

3 replies 4 retweets 22 likes
Reply 3 Retweet 4 Like 22 Direct message

Tony Fernandes
‏
Verified account

@tonyfernandes
7h7 hours ago
More
@LoftforWords twitter willl be an endless debate. Right or wrong it’s how I am. From Crisis in AirAsia I have always believe in being transparent. But my time as chairman is fast coming to a close. So I’m sure there will be less.

13 replies 16 retweets 21 likes
Reply 13 Retweet 16 Like 21 Direct message

Tony Fernandes
‏
Verified account

@tonyfernandes
7h7 hours ago
More
@LoftforWords Offer from Birmigham and middelsborough were real. Didn’t meet our expectations and neither did we want to weaken our squad. We are ahead of the curve in FFP. Clubs may learn the hard way next season. Club has to be sustainable .
Tony stepping down as chairman? on 10:04 - Aug 10 with 8136 viewsNorthernr

Tony, it's over, stop calling me.
Tony stepping down as chairman? on 10:15 - Aug 10 with 8065 viewshopphoops

Tony stepping down as chairman? on 10:04 - Aug 10 by Northernr

Apart from the slightly awkward not-letting-go man hug he's got you in, all those tweets are sensible.

And it suggest he thinks LFW is the place to go for reasonable debate, maybe he'll sign up if he retires as chairman...

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Tony stepping down as chairman? on 10:16 - Aug 10 with 8054 viewsMyke

Tony stepping down as chairman? on 10:04 - Aug 10 by Northernr

lol It's not him it's you Clive. Good bloke though. Incredibly naive and way too 'out there ' but wanted nothing but the best for the club
Login to get fewer ads

Tony stepping down as chairman? on 10:22 - Aug 10 with 8006 viewsjohnhoop

Interesting that in the tweets that Dave has quoted above Tony seems to give the reasons why Sainsbury and Hefele didn’t sign for us. It appears Sainsbury thought the Championship was “too hard”( I suppose compared to sitting on the bench at PSV it would be!). With Hefele we couldn’t compete with the wages he was offered on a three year deal at deal hi-jacking, player hoovering, megabucks Notts Forest which is hardly surprising.
Tony stepping down as chairman? on 10:24 - Aug 10 with 7990 viewsstevec

'lots of affordable housing'... nearly fell off me chair with that one.
Tony stepping down as chairman? on 10:34 - Aug 10 with 7914 viewspeejaybee

Tony stepping down as chairman? on 10:24 - Aug 10 by stevec

'lots of affordable housing'... nearly fell off me chair with that one.

Why.???

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Tony stepping down as chairman? on 10:48 - Aug 10 with 7830 viewspaulparker

Tony stepping down as chairman? on 10:03 - Aug 10 by daveB

he was on one this morning

Tony Fernandes
‏
Verified account

@tonyfernandes
7h7 hours ago
More
I’m very proud of our squad and the work ethic . We will strengthen . But give them you best support. Be positive. Come on you rsssssss

29 replies 20 retweets 268 likes
Reply 29 Retweet 20 Like 268 Direct message

Tony Fernandes
‏
Verified account

@tonyfernandes
7h7 hours ago
More
@LoftforWords good luck to all of us this season. Been an honor and lots of fun and pain Hahahaha . Wish us luck in the loan window. I love our squad and it will only get better. Signing off now.

1 reply 3 retweets 23 likes
Reply 1 Retweet 3 Like 23 Direct message

Tony Fernandes
‏
Verified account

@tonyfernandes
7h7 hours ago
More
@LoftforWords finally I applaud you in asking @QPR fans to have style and don’t use foul language. Criticism is fine and wanted. You tweet other tweet so allow us to respond sometimes.

7 replies 5 retweets 35 likes
Reply 7 Retweet 5 Like 35 Direct message

Tony Fernandes
‏
Verified account

@tonyfernandes
7h7 hours ago
More
@LoftforWords got a good ceo who tries and cares and good backroom staff and shareholders that care. We Look forward not backwards.

3 replies 3 retweets 16 likes
Reply 3 Retweet 3 Like 16 Direct message

Tony Fernandes
‏
Verified account

@tonyfernandes
7h7 hours ago
More
@LoftforWords academy is in a good position and is getting better. I can’t do much on UK planning or local goverment . We could and should have had a trainning ground and stadium by now and lots of affordable housing.

3 replies 3 retweets 15 likes
Reply 3 Retweet 3 Like 15 Direct message

Tony Fernandes
‏
Verified account

@tonyfernandes
7h7 hours ago
More
@LoftforWords the priority was to sign up our young players. I got a lot of abuse for that. Quickly forgotten as you pointed and to be continue to build. Loans can be transferred to permanent by the way.

3 replies 3 retweets 20 likes
Reply 3 Retweet 3 Like 20 Direct message

Tony Fernandes
‏
Verified account

@tonyfernandes
7h7 hours ago
More
@LoftforWords we tried hard for centreback and we wil continue. But one player felt the championship was to hard other one was offered a 3 year deal at a wage we were not prepared to do.

3 replies 4 retweets 22 likes
Reply 3 Retweet 4 Like 22 Direct message

Tony Fernandes
‏
Verified account

@tonyfernandes
7h7 hours ago
More
@LoftforWords twitter willl be an endless debate. Right or wrong it’s how I am. From Crisis in AirAsia I have always believe in being transparent. But my time as chairman is fast coming to a close. So I’m sure there will be less.

13 replies 16 retweets 21 likes
Reply 13 Retweet 16 Like 21 Direct message

Tony Fernandes
‏
Verified account

@tonyfernandes
7h7 hours ago
More
@LoftforWords Offer from Birmigham and middelsborough were real. Didn’t meet our expectations and neither did we want to weaken our squad. We are ahead of the curve in FFP. Clubs may learn the hard way next season. Club has to be sustainable .

he sounds like a desperate woman who's just been dumped & who cant stop texting her ex after consuming 4 bottles of Pinot Grigio

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Tony stepping down as chairman? on 10:50 - Aug 10 with 7810 viewsblacky200

Looks like he reads LFW which is good. Is he a secret member? Wonder who it could be? Any suggestions?
Tony stepping down as chairman? on 10:59 - Aug 10 with 7753 viewsrunningman75

I was thinking Tony must be a member here. Am happy to buy him a pint though not a bottle of overpriced lager at Loftus Road.
Tony stepping down as chairman? on 11:01 - Aug 10 with 7733 viewsNorthernr

Tony stepping down as chairman? on 10:48 - Aug 10 by paulparker

he sounds like a desperate woman who's just been dumped & who cant stop texting her ex after consuming 4 bottles of Pinot Grigio

I am quite a catch TBF.
Tony stepping down as chairman? on 11:03 - Aug 10 with 7718 viewsAntti_Heinola

Tony stepping down as chairman? on 10:48 - Aug 10 by paulparker

I'm pretty sure desperate men have been known to do very similar things.

Bare bones.

Tony stepping down as chairman? on 11:04 - Aug 10 with 7705 viewsBklynRanger

I've never been to Malaysia but it's definitely somewhere I'd like to go. Just this past Wednesday I was eating my face off at that Rasa Samyang place in Chinatown. My wife would love to go to Malaysia too, ideally on the same flight.
Tony stepping down as chairman? on 11:04 - Aug 10 with 7705 viewsqprd

Tony stepping down as chairman? on 09:59 - Aug 10 by sevenhoop

hope not. for all his faults, he's always tried to do the right thing, and he cares.

Its not really a question of whether TF wants to resign as co-chairman or not. He's sunk a load of money into the club- he clearly wants as much as say as possible. No rational person would want to relinquish this kind of power.

Ultimately, its a reflection of his diminishing ownership interest in the club relative to Ruben's.

The reality is that the club has been bankrolled for the past few years by shareholder loans from Ruben and not Tony. With each shareholder loan from Ruben and conversion to equity, Ruben's stake has grown. Even though Ruben's stake is now more than 50% (I believe), there still seemed to be an arrangement between TF and RG where they would be co-chairmen.

However, if I was Ruben with his majority stake, I wouldn't want to share the power. I'd want to be chairman and have the right to nominate more board members.

Tony's likely demotion from co-chairman to just an ordinary board member is likely a reflection of that
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 11:08]
Tony stepping down as chairman? on 11:08 - Aug 10 with 7678 viewsMick_S

Tony stepping down as chairman? on 11:04 - Aug 10 by BklynRanger

I've never been to Malaysia but it's definitely somewhere I'd like to go. Just this past Wednesday I was eating my face off at that Rasa Samyang place in Chinatown. My wife would love to go to Malaysia too, ideally on the same flight.

I went to Malaysia for a day - it was great. Sat opposite a German TV executive who was picking the remains of her fish balls lunch off her serviette for about an hour. Hope this helps mate.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Tony stepping down as chairman? on 11:13 - Aug 10 with 7621 viewsPunteR

Well... the less TF has to do with QPR the better we seem to becoming... Go figure.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Tony stepping down as chairman? on 11:17 - Aug 10 with 7596 viewsSimonJames

Tony stepping down as chairman? on 10:15 - Aug 10 by hopphoops

Apart from the slightly awkward not-letting-go man hug he's got you in, all those tweets are sensible.

And it suggest he thinks LFW is the place to go for reasonable debate, maybe he'll sign up if he retires as chairman...

How many years has he been trotting out the "We will strengthen " comment. We must be stronger than the Incredible Hulk by now!

100% of people who drink water will die.

Tony stepping down as chairman? on 11:32 - Aug 10 with 7504 viewsstevec

Tony stepping down as chairman? on 10:34 - Aug 10 by peejaybee

Why.???

because it's another one of his pipe dreams, and the mention of affordable housing sounds like a final shot at keeping the gullible onside.

I'm no fan of the dildo brothers or Brady, but before we got lumbered read the account of him trying to ease his way in at West Ham.
Tony stepping down as chairman? on 11:39 - Aug 10 with 7445 viewsBklynRanger

Tony stepping down as chairman? on 11:08 - Aug 10 by Mick_S

I went to Malaysia for a day - it was great. Sat opposite a German TV executive who was picking the remains of her fish balls lunch off her serviette for about an hour. Hope this helps mate.

It does, Mick, it does!...

Anyway, time to look forward to promises of minted power player who 'doesn't do failure' entering stage left accompanied with rumoured impending cash injection to facilitate loan of [insert name of overpaid midsized donkey].
Tony stepping down as chairman? on 11:42 - Aug 10 with 7427 viewsMytch_QPR

Tony stepping down as chairman? on 10:50 - Aug 10 by blacky200

Looks like he reads LFW which is good. Is he a secret member? Wonder who it could be? Any suggestions?

I think he's LBlock.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Tony stepping down as chairman? on 11:47 - Aug 10 with 7382 viewsrunningman75

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45143304

On BBC website now. Is the advert coming on e-bay now. For sale ex Premier League football club , lovely area of West London. Walk past the smell of skunk on the white city estate an exclusive housing development. Some decent football young players and no brown envelopes in sight. Bidding preferable from a foreign oligarch who loves hearing sounds of the Clash at 3.00 p.m on a Saturday afternoon. Compact stadium but mainly friendly locals though around 10,000 armchair managers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024