Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
just back 17:46 - Aug 11 with 3961 viewsthemodfather

ok, 1st half we were better but always lightweight, a team like the blades has to be put away and chances taken, we were silky and passiin well and a good goal set us up.....as i go go
for beers 1-1, didnt see it, but 2nd hald utd fancied it and with a weak pen given, elbow > but no one went dowm , no hand ball..it was weak, 2-1 game over. the predicted season of woes and struggles is on. the board who are so successful businessmen seem ready to bail out, especially with TF twitters. the mess made years ago we face now, hey ho. we are qpr, it's not meant to be easy.
just back on 18:06 - Aug 11 with 3750 viewsPinnerPaul

Blame the ref if you want and many will, but the amount of times we gave the ball away was criminal.

2nd half our play was slow and predictable & the service to Sylla/Smith was abysmal.

Eze/Freeman our two best players, Smyth had a shocker and Luongo/Ingram poor, rest so so.

I'm more concerned now than I was at 2.59pm!
just back on 18:56 - Aug 11 with 3499 viewsTacticalR

A tremendously frustrating afternoon.

We had a good spell when we scored and looked in control. Their goal (just before half-time as usual) really seemed to knock us sideways.

Ingram looks very shaky, although he made one excellent save from Leon Clarke.

We played well in spells, but we have a lot of players who don't know when to release the ball.

There is something weak about us. Not the whole game, but it was noticeable in significant spells of the game.

Didn't have a clue what the penalty was for.

I thought Smyth was ok, just playing too deep. He needs to be at the front or on the wing, not tangling with bigger players in midfield.

Air hostess clique

just back on 19:17 - Aug 11 with 3395 viewsstevec

The worrying thing was they probably played as well as they can.

Desperately need some experience and too many players far too honest. We know how vulnerable we are either side of half time, start going down holding your head, waste time like the Northern scum, plenty more opportunities to give it back.

Eze a lovely player, great touch creates his own space, BFG seems clued up, midfield working their bllocks off, but the forwards, fckin hell. Sylla is dreadful, three times we had a midfielder breaking through the middle, 3 defenders within a couple of yards of each other and that dick was incapable of making a single sensible run, totally embarrassing to watch.

I don’t care how skint we are, continuing with those 3 mugs vying for that one position and we’re going down.
just back on 20:08 - Aug 11 with 3163 viewssmegma

just back on 19:17 - Aug 11 by stevec

Desperately need some experience and too many players far too honest. We know how vulnerable we are either side of half time, start going down holding your head, waste time like the Northern scum, plenty more opportunities to give it back.

Eze a lovely player, great touch creates his own space, BFG seems clued up, midfield working their bllocks off, but the forwards, fckin hell. Sylla is dreadful, three times we had a midfielder breaking through the middle, 3 defenders within a couple of yards of each other and that dick was incapable of making a single sensible run, totally embarrassing to watch.

I don’t care how skint we are, continuing with those 3 mugs vying for that one position and we’re going down.

Meanwhile Oteh wasn't even on the bench having played yesterday at Barnsley
just back on 20:17 - Aug 11 with 3112 viewsflynnbo

Well if we had decent crosses then both Sylla and Smith would have been effective. Kakay put in a decent cross first half and Sylla laid it off for Eze. Midfield was poor today.
just back on 20:43 - Aug 11 with 3049 viewsNoDiddley

What was you drinking?
just back on 20:51 - Aug 11 with 2991 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

At one point Leistner went down holding his head. It wasn't at all convincing. The referee barely noticed. It's not that easy.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2018 20:59]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

just back on 21:12 - Aug 11 with 2899 viewsGloucs_R

Sylla hasn't been bothered all preseason and that continued today apparently. Get rid.

Not convinced Oteh is the answer, needs to go out on loan.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Login to get fewer ads

just back on 21:30 - Aug 11 with 2826 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Striker really needs to be the loan priority. Obvious the defense needs to be addressed too, but at least we have some competent options back there. Can’t say the same up front.
just back on 21:38 - Aug 11 with 2767 viewsEsox_Lucius

just back on 21:30 - Aug 11 by EmpireStateRanger

Striker really needs to be the loan priority. Obvious the defense needs to be addressed too, but at least we have some competent options back there. Can’t say the same up front.

Question for Pinner Paul, at a throw in is it permissible to throw the ball directly to the goalkeepers hands, obviously provided he is in his area? We got pinned right back at the corner flag a few times in the first half and a simple throw to Ingram would have eased the pressure. Also, what is the time wasting directive now that the 6 seconds holding time is no longer enforced?

The grass is always greener.

just back on 21:43 - Aug 11 with 2732 viewsflynnbo

just back on 21:38 - Aug 11 by Esox_Lucius

Question for Pinner Paul, at a throw in is it permissible to throw the ball directly to the goalkeepers hands, obviously provided he is in his area? We got pinned right back at the corner flag a few times in the first half and a simple throw to Ingram would have eased the pressure. Also, what is the time wasting directive now that the 6 seconds holding time is no longer enforced?

Goalie cannot pick up a throw from his own player.
just back on 21:57 - Aug 11 with 2663 viewssmegma

just back on 18:06 - Aug 11 by PinnerPaul

Blame the ref if you want and many will, but the amount of times we gave the ball away was criminal.

2nd half our play was slow and predictable & the service to Sylla/Smith was abysmal.

Eze/Freeman our two best players, Smyth had a shocker and Luongo/Ingram poor, rest so so.

Having just watched the highlights on Quest, THAT penalty was criminal so I will blame the ref all season long.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2018 23:33]
just back on 21:57 - Aug 11 with 2656 viewsHunterhoop

just back on 18:06 - Aug 11 by PinnerPaul

I’ll put some blame on the ref. Dreadful, incompetent and weak. Pretty sh*t at his job really. But then I can objectively assess a ref; you can’t.
just back on 10:05 - Aug 12 with 2035 viewsPinnerPaul

just back on 21:38 - Aug 11 by Esox_Lucius

GK can't touch ball with his hands from a throw in.

See my other post critising, yes critising toboly, the referee over the 6 seconds.

At my humble level, as at very other level!, no one penalisies the 6 seconds anymore - no idea why.

General feeling, as with 'fly kicks' close to edge of area is to warn GKs THEN penalise, but not seen either actually penalised inc a long long time of watching matches on TV, live and officiating!
just back on 10:17 - Aug 12 with 2002 viewsTacticalR

just back on 20:51 - Aug 11 by CliveWilsonSaid

At one point Leistner went down holding his head. It wasn't at all convincing. The referee barely noticed. It's not that easy.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2018 20:59]

Surely the club can afford acting classes?

Air hostess clique

just back on 10:22 - Aug 12 with 1979 viewsPinnerPaul

Just back from the video highlights

1) Penalty - in the soft category, but Bidwell does give him a nudge in the back. Compared to what goes on at fks and corners, agree its an inconsistent decision, but always easier to give these isolated ones as opposed to the free for all at corners

2) 1st goal - very close and without a side on camera impossible to tell either way. He IS beyond last defender but maybe level/slightly behind the ball, in which case he is onside.
Could have gone either way that one.
just back on 10:26 - Aug 12 with 1964 viewsDorse

just back on 10:17 - Aug 12 by TacticalR

Surely the club can afford acting classes?

'OK lads, this morning we are going to do some light running, set piece drills and interpretive mime. And this time, I really want to see the emotional dichotomy between the inner child playing the game they love and the adult seeing the game as a career threatened by a bad tackle expressed effectively. And Leistner? Two words, love: leg warmers.'

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

just back on 10:41 - Aug 12 with 1926 viewsTacticalR

just back on 10:26 - Aug 12 by Dorse

'OK lads, this morning we are going to do some light running, set piece drills and interpretive mime. And this time, I really want to see the emotional dichotomy between the inner child playing the game they love and the adult seeing the game as a career threatened by a bad tackle expressed effectively. And Leistner? Two words, love: leg warmers.'

Exactly. There are lots of luvvies in London, and under their guidance I can see our players putting in some wonderful performances.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 14:34]

Air hostess clique

just back on 10:57 - Aug 12 with 1870 viewsDorse

just back on 10:41 - Aug 12 by TacticalR

Exactly. There are lots of luvvies in London, and under their guidance I can see our players putting in some wonderful performances.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 14:34]

'Luongo's understated performance of 'The Tackled And Wronged' showed deft touches allowing the audience to, at once, empathise with the protagonist and yet feel the burning sense of rage and injustice with the uncaring actions of the brutal machinery of the game that has led to this loss of innocence. Scowen's subsequent soliloquy, delivered on 26 mins, was evocative of a young Larry Olivier's Hamlet and was received to an absolute hush from the assembled audience. Certainly, the intimate staging and use of floodlights in the arena made this an unforgettable experience for any of those lucky enough to attend. A triumph!'
Review of QPR 0 Rotherham 7, Quentin Bumjoy, The Telegraph
[Post edited 12 Aug 2018 10:58]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024