Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On a positive note.. 18:54 - Aug 11 with 4625 viewsessextaxiboy

Kakay , I thought he was brilliant today ..
On a positive note.. on 19:01 - Aug 11 with 4574 viewsHantsR

I thought he was good but not brilliant. I was reasonably pleased with him going forward as an attacking wing back and he swung over some good crosses and integrated well with the midfield at times. I noted that he won few if any headers and compared poorly with Darnell in that respect. I don't think he won many tackles but then again, he wasn't given much support in defence on that flank.
On a positive note.. on 19:05 - Aug 11 with 4543 viewsquickpassrotter

They targeted him in that first half. Everything came down their left side. Didnt get the right kind of support from directly in front of him.
Then of course they go and score from the right hand side.
I thought that we were physically knocked around. We are not a big side, and this league is so physical.
On a positive note.. on 19:08 - Aug 11 with 4521 viewsessextaxiboy

On a positive note.. on 19:01 - Aug 11 by HantsR

I thought he was good but not brilliant. I was reasonably pleased with him going forward as an attacking wing back and he swung over some good crosses and integrated well with the midfield at times. I noted that he won few if any headers and compared poorly with Darnell in that respect. I don't think he won many tackles but then again, he wasn't given much support in defence on that flank.

In the context of playing less than half a dozen games at this level I thought he was better than good . If you dont think he won many tackles we must have been a different games ...
On a positive note.. on 19:10 - Aug 11 with 4509 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I thought he was good as well. Seems to have a bit of fight in him, read the game well, did the basics well, would like to see him over a period of time before commenting more on his defensive abilities. Going forward, he needs to add some footwork moves so he can get free of his man a bit quicker. When he does that his crossing will also improve as he'll have more time to look up. As for cover, I thought Smyth basically stood on his toes for the entire first half., whether that was instructions from management or not, we don't know of course.

Overall, a solid 6.5/10.

Edit 7/10. There y'go Osman, kid - have another 0.5.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2018 19:11]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

On a positive note.. on 23:11 - Aug 11 with 4093 views100percent

I thought he was excellent too.
looked great coming forward, always looking to play the ball in quickly - always showing for an outlet. Good control and has a trick or two.I thought he was everything Bidwell wasn't today.
his defending was good too - prevented the ball coming in for a cross on many occasions, especially in the first half. I think with some more match experience, we could have discovered a real gem.
On a positive note.. on 23:20 - Aug 11 with 4064 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Staying on the positive theme. Thought Bidwell played as well as any of their fullbacks.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

On a positive note.. on 23:27 - Aug 11 with 4041 viewsBklynRanger

I wasn't too happy with our performance but was pleased that Kakay didn't seem to be anything to worry about.
On a positive note.. on 23:28 - Aug 11 with 4036 viewsTacticalR

I thought Bidwell looked ok. He seemed to have more of an understanding with Eze than he does with Freeman. His cross helped get our goal.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2018 23:28]

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

On a positive note.. on 09:31 - Aug 12 with 3715 viewsTHEBUSH

On a positive note.. on 19:08 - Aug 11 by essextaxiboy

In the context of playing less than half a dozen games at this level I thought he was better than good . If you dont think he won many tackles we must have been a different games ...

I totally agree with you essex, his style reminds me a bit of Dave Clement our best ever right back.

He's obviously got still a long way to go, but he looks a good prospect to me.
On a positive note.. on 09:56 - Aug 12 with 3642 viewssuperhoopdownunder

I was happy with how we played from around 20 minutes through to just before half time when we conceded an offside goal

There has been a lot of negativity on social media and I think it has been a bit over the top.

First up team selection seemed sensible however clearly Smyth and Sylla both did not work out.
Steve McClaren took Smyth off at half time and Sylla mid way through the second half

In terms of tactics and style of play
I am happy with what we are trying to do - however our players need to be able to play this style of play

Ingham was close to giving a goal away through not being able to play this way
Although he did make a fabulous save in the second half

Kakay played very well and was one of our best players
He got stuck in, pushed forward and delivered quite a few crosses

Bidwell was steady and played a part in our goal

Leistner was solid and was able to bring the ball out of defence well

Lynch continues to look like a liability and always has a mistake in him
He should not be in our team and needs to be replaced by a new loan signing

In midfield Scowen played well and covered the defence and passed it onto our midfielders
This worked well in the first half
After half time there was less space and worked less well

Freeman played very well first half but was less effective in the second half

Luongo for me was off the pace and a lot of his passes were poor
Did he look unfit / not interested?

Eze was our best player and was superb in the first half but got a lot more attention after half time. The referee should have booked their players for fouling

Both Sylla and Smyth were poor
Sylla no impact
Smyth was lightweight and knocked off the ball too easily

Osayi-Samuel was ineffective being greedy with the one chance he had when he should have passed it from an acute angle

Smith was frustrated with the poor quality of balls that did not really come his way

Washington did not have much time but was ineffective too

The referee and linesmen were poor
Both goals should not have stood for Sheffield United

The first was offside
The second was not a penalty
Sheffield United feigned injury many times most notably through McGoldrick and were allowed to get away with this time wasting
The goal keeper too wasted time
The referee needed to book some players for fouling and cheating (Clarke) but allowed them to get away with it

I don't want us to resort to cheating to get results but we need to be more smart in these situations and get in the referees face and make sure he knows what is going on

We need some new faces in central defence and a goalscorer

Steve McClaren will be ok - he knows what he wants to do - we need to support him and our team - the crowd was quiet and right now they need us behind them.

Things will be tough but hopefully we are only a couple of loan signings from being much better placed.

U R's
On a positive note.. on 10:30 - Aug 12 with 3570 viewsWestbourneR

Love Kakay’s attitude and I thought he was our most positive player towards the end - but I don’t think he’s much of a player. Too clumsy. I’m sorry it feels harsh saying it but it what I think. I hope I’m wrong and he goes on to be a great player.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

On a positive note.. on 12:24 - Aug 12 with 3410 viewsStanisgod

On a positive note.. on 09:56 - Aug 12 by superhoopdownunder

I was happy with how we played from around 20 minutes through to just before half time when we conceded an offside goal

There has been a lot of negativity on social media and I think it has been a bit over the top.

First up team selection seemed sensible however clearly Smyth and Sylla both did not work out.
Steve McClaren took Smyth off at half time and Sylla mid way through the second half

I am happy with what we are trying to do - however our players need to be able to play this style of play

In midfield Scowen played well and covered the defence and passed it onto our midfielders

Eze was our best player and was superb in the first half but got a lot more attention after half time. The referee should have booked their players for fouling

Sylla no impact

Osayi-Samuel was ineffective being greedy with the one chance he had when he should have passed it from an acute angle

Smith was frustrated with the poor quality of balls that did not really come his way

The first was offside
Sheffield United feigned injury many times most notably through McGoldrick and were allowed to get away with this time wasting
The referee needed to book some players for fouling and cheating (Clarke) but allowed them to get away with it

I don't want us to resort to cheating to get results but we need to be more smart in these situations and get in the referees face and make sure he knows what is going on

Steve McClaren will be ok - he knows what he wants to do - we need to support him and our team - the crowd was quiet and right now they need us behind them.

Things will be tough but hopefully we are only a couple of loan signings from being much better placed.

U R's

Ditto that lot.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

On a positive note.. on 12:30 - Aug 12 with 3387 viewsenfieldargh

On a positive note.. on 10:30 - Aug 12 by WestbourneR

Love Kakay’s attitude and I thought he was our most positive player towards the end - but I don’t think he’s much of a player. Too clumsy. I’m sorry it feels harsh saying it but it what I think. I hope I’m wrong and he goes on to be a great player.

Give the kid a break, he's learning his trade.

Cant see clumsy fitting into any part of his play.

He was up against experienced pros playing the Wilder in ya face way.

Thing for me he has pace not afraid to get stuck in lifts his head to pick a pass and possesses good ball control. With proper coaching will tun into a fine player

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

On a positive note.. on 12:45 - Aug 12 with 3361 viewsthehat

Sylla no impact

The first was offside

U R's

A great summery of the game.
On a positive note.. on 13:03 - Aug 12 with 3328 viewsWestbourneR

On a positive note.. on 12:30 - Aug 12 by enfieldargh

Give the kid a break, he's learning his trade.

Cant see clumsy fitting into any part of his play.

He was up against experienced pros playing the Wilder in ya face way.

Thing for me he has pace not afraid to get stuck in lifts his head to pick a pass and possesses good ball control. With proper coaching will tun into a fine player

Doesn’t matter how you phrase a post then - not allowed to have an opinion. Sorry Enfield you just tell me what you think and I’ll repeat it.

One thing I will say is his first touch was very good. That better Enfield?

On a positive note.. on 19:11 - Aug 12 with 3084 viewsBloomsburyR

I thought he played well all things considered.

Furlong's injury was a blow, but Kakay did not look out of place yesterday. Perhaps, he can build on his performance and grow as a player in the same way as Furlong has done.

Well done, Kakay!
On a positive note.. on 19:21 - Aug 12 with 3058 viewsBoston

On a positive note.. on 13:03 - Aug 12 by WestbourneR

Doesn’t matter how you phrase a post then - not allowed to have an opinion. Sorry Enfield you just tell me what you think and I’ll repeat it.

That lee(way) for Enfield?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

On a positive note.. on 19:25 - Aug 12 with 3052 viewscaliforniahoop

Sylla no impact

The first was offside

U R's

Yep, all of this!
On a positive note.. on 19:33 - Aug 12 with 3037 viewsBrianMcCarthy

On a positive note.. on 13:03 - Aug 12 by WestbourneR

I actually get your point about looking clumsy, Westy.

I commented that I thought he needs to learn a couple of moves to shake his marker when he gets forward so he can get time to get the cross in earlier and with more poise. I thought on a few occasions he looked slightly flat-footed. Maybe he has those tricks and they will come with confidence? Hope so, because he looked very promising overall., but with the emphasis on "promising".

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

On a positive note.. on 14:19 - Aug 13 with 2751 viewsWestbourneR

On a positive note.. on 19:33 - Aug 12 by BrianMcCarthy

I actually get your point about looking clumsy, Westy.

I commented that I thought he needs to learn a couple of moves to shake his marker when he gets forward so he can get time to get the cross in earlier and with more poise. I thought on a few occasions he looked slightly flat-footed. Maybe he has those tricks and they will come with confidence? Hope so, because he looked very promising overall., but with the emphasis on "promising".

Yep totally agree Brian - he needs to add a bit of nous and finesse to his game. Positional and considered. Sometimes he just bounded off when being a bit more precise or circumspect would have helped.

Still he is a far from bad prospect, we'll have to see how he progresses.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024