Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Angel Rangel Incoming ? 13:38 - Aug 12 with 12793 viewsHooped_Pullie

Apologies if covered elsewhere, but the out-of-contact Swansea 'legend' will apparently be joining us soon, according to the Currant Bun.

35, came up from League 1 with Swansea, clearly no intention of retiring just yet. Maybe a desperate move on our part, or possibly he goes the Steve Palmer route and gives us some great value in the autumn of his career.

We'll see...if it happens. May be paper talk, but you'll be hard pressed to find a more experienced midfielder who's played at so many levels and is available for zero transfer fee.
Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 07:43 - Aug 13 with 3282 viewsTonto

If this is a short term contract whilst Furlong recovers, as back up to Kakay, then I have no issue what so ever.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 7:43]

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 08:46 - Aug 13 with 3154 viewsRoller

As we are on a limited budget, I feel we'd be better off spending our money where it is needed rather than where it may be needed.

A central defender to compliment Leistner should be the priority.
Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 09:31 - Aug 13 with 3030 viewsMyke

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 01:51 - Aug 13 by timcocking

You mean full back?

The problem is, Kakay has been excellent. He should keep his place. To let players like Ned and Jack and Smithies leave to "save money" lmfao only to sign experienced players to cover an injury instead of backing our players seems altogether wrong. What's the point of trying to develop your own players but not backing them when they do well? Darnell missed a season he should have started because they were too scared to play him.

Likewise the talk of Routledge. Decent player (although i'll never have much respect for such a one-footed player when it's so easy to play with two feet as i always did), but we were talking about letting Pavel leave because we've got an over abundance of wingers. We won't go down this year because of full backs or wingers. It's the centre of defence and up front that might cost us. Bright looks potentially better than Routledge, not to mention Paul Smyth.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 1:59]

I'm kinda in agreement about Routledge, which contradicts my above post a bit. But IMO there is a difference in providing cove and experience for a kid (who let's face it, was himself only meant to be providing cover for Furs this season) and bringing in someone who may take the place of someone who needs games (Smyth) to develop or already has experience like Freeman or Pav. Routledge smacks to me like one more pay day, unless it is for a very short term deal
Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 09:49 - Aug 13 with 2990 viewsrobith

I've always thought of him as a solid dependable pro, who is a good guy (does loads of stuff for charity IIRC). For free, when he can cover RB and CB to an extent, I think it's a decent short term move myself
Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 10:04 - Aug 13 with 2912 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 08:46 - Aug 13 by Roller

As we are on a limited budget, I feel we'd be better off spending our money where it is needed rather than where it may be needed.

A central defender to compliment Leistner should be the priority.

I totally agree.
Lynch made a compelling case for this on Saturday.
Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 12:40 - Aug 13 with 2669 viewsWestbourneR

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 10:04 - Aug 13 by CroydonCaptJack

I totally agree.
Lynch made a compelling case for this on Saturday.

Lynch was dreadful. If he's anything, he's a left back. I like him there.

Centre-back, no thanks.

I thought Leistner looked pretty average too tbh.

No surprise that taking Robinson, Onouha and Smities out the team has weakened us badly. We need some gnarly back bone into the team asap.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 13:03 - Aug 13 with 2606 viewssevenhoop

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 18:42 - Aug 12 by Boston

Did I ever mention that a bloke who works for me is the son of one of the Tavares brothers? Great carpenter, one of the best workers I ever came across.

if anyone really loves their soul music, listen to "a Penny For Your Thoughts" by them, preferably a live version...
Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 13:06 - Aug 13 with 2584 viewsMick_S

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 18:42 - Aug 12 by Boston

Did I ever mention that a bloke who works for me is the son of one of the Tavares brothers? Great carpenter, one of the best workers I ever came across.

Is this him?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Login to get fewer ads

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 13:22 - Aug 13 with 2520 viewsAntti_Heinola

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 12:40 - Aug 13 by WestbourneR

Lynch was dreadful. If he's anything, he's a left back. I like him there.

Centre-back, no thanks.

I thought Leistner looked pretty average too tbh.

No surprise that taking Robinson, Onouha and Smities out the team has weakened us badly. We need some gnarly back bone into the team asap.

Leistner looked fine to me. Very decent, in fact.
Lynch would be even worse at LB.
Never really got the Robinson thing. Decent, but barely better than Lynch for me and faded badly as the season went on. Not like we kept loads of clean sheets with him in the side.
Smithies for me is the main one.

Bare bones.

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 13:30 - Aug 13 with 2479 viewshoopdog

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 13:22 - Aug 13 by Antti_Heinola

Never really got the Robinson thing. Decent, but barely better than Lynch for me and faded badly as the season went on. Not like we kept loads of clean sheets with him in the side.

Now this is something no farker can argue with yes Robinson did fade towards the end of the season even though the team picked up a bit ,
Obviously no can argue the value of smithies
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 13:32]
Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 13:34 - Aug 13 with 2456 viewsWestbourneR

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 13:22 - Aug 13 by Antti_Heinola

Yeah he was fine, pretty average. I don't see him as a huge physical presence and he's not athletic either. He looked like a goodish Bundesleague 2 centre back availbable on a free, which is what he is.

Lynch demonstrably wouldn't be worse at LB because he'd played there for us a few times and looked much improved.

Yeah Robinson was recoverable, although I liked him, but we needed to get a proper replacement.

Totally agree about Smithies but I have to say from what I've seen at Rovers - Lumley is a far superior keeper to Ingram.

And we miss Onouha's recovery pace.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 13:43 - Aug 13 with 2404 viewssevenhoop

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 13:34 - Aug 13 by WestbourneR

Yeah he was fine, pretty average. I don't see him as a huge physical presence and he's not athletic either. He looked like a goodish Bundesleague 2 centre back availbable on a free, which is what he is.

Lynch demonstrably wouldn't be worse at LB because he'd played there for us a few times and looked much improved.

Yeah Robinson was recoverable, although I liked him, but we needed to get a proper replacement.

Totally agree about Smithies but I have to say from what I've seen at Rovers - Lumley is a far superior keeper to Ingram.

as others worried about previously, the lack of pace in the middle means that we played much much too deep and that causes huge gaps which, with the best will in the world, our midfielders cannot cover
Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 13:58 - Aug 13 with 2310 viewsLblock

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 13:30 - Aug 13 by hoopdog

Now this is something no farker can argue with yes Robinson did fade towards the end of the season even though the team picked up a bit ,
Obviously no can argue the value of smithies
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 13:32]

I think you'll find Bungle has been consistently arguing the value of Smithies since we let him go.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 15:56 - Aug 13 with 2082 viewsPinnerPaul

You don't see 6' 3" 87Kg Toni Leinster as a huge physical presence??????????!

You also damn him by saying he is a decent 2nd level centre back

a) That's exactly what we need and

b) That's exactly what Ned was
Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 16:07 - Aug 13 with 2022 viewsBklynRanger

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 15:56 - Aug 13 by PinnerPaul

I didn't think he was that big either. Granted that might have been in comparison to the size of the orks from Sheffield but still. He looks to me like a good steady player though so far.
Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 16:26 - Aug 13 with 1902 viewshopphoops

where did Ned end up?

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 16:32 - Aug 13 with 1852 viewsEsox_Lucius

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 13:58 - Aug 13 by Lblock

I think you'll find Bungle has been consistently arguing the value of Smithies since we let him go.

Do you still watch Rainbow at your age? or do you have young kids?

The grass is always greener.

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 16:44 - Aug 13 with 1811 viewsPinnerPaul

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 16:26 - Aug 13 by hopphoops

where did Ned end up?

No where curiously.

Checking this I found out his real name is Chinedum - who knew?!
Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 16:44 - Aug 13 with 1809 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 15:56 - Aug 13 by PinnerPaul

Back four v WBA

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 16:58 - Aug 13 with 1744 viewsEsox_Lucius

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 16:44 - Aug 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

Back four v WBA

I don't think a Chelshite player would be very welcome at Loftus Road in the current climate let alone one called Fatty.

The grass is always greener.

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 17:36 - Aug 13 with 1626 viewskensalriser

That's really stupid.

Who'd pick a keeper as part of a back 4?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 17:42 - Aug 13 with 1606 views2Thomas2Bowles

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 16:26 - Aug 13 by hopphoops

where did Ned end up?

In a safe place away from the madness and bullshite of Loftus Rd

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 17:45 - Aug 13 with 1592 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 17:42 - Aug 13 by 2Thomas2Bowles

In a safe place away from the madness and bullshite of Loftus Rd

He hasn't found anywhere yet has he?
Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 17:55 - Aug 13 with 1560 viewshopphoops

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 17:45 - Aug 13 by CroydonCaptJack

He hasn't found anywhere yet has he?

Could we play him as an amateur if we put Mr. Chinedum Onuoha on the team sheet?

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 18:10 - Aug 13 with 1507 viewssimmo

Hope this doesn't happen tbh. If Kakay can't get a game as understudy to our preferred RB, even when he's shown himself to be more than proficient, what's the point? We have to make do for 2-3 months and this expereince will make Kakay a much better player for us, the same way it did for Furlong in the Premiership.

Put the loan fees and wages into the places that really need it.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024