Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
AKUTR’s 20:16 - Aug 12 with 3377 viewsNoDiddley

£5 Saturday
Good luck Dave
AKUTR’s on 21:12 - Aug 12 with 3227 viewsEsox_Lucius

A number of people paid considerably more and refused their change. Printing costs are so astronomical that lower league clubs are no longer required to produce a matchday program.

The grass is always greener.

AKUTR’s on 08:33 - Aug 13 with 2851 viewsloftboy

Did you not see the pinned post on here recently, it was touch and go that one was even going to be produced and Dave Thomas will be losing money by going ahead.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

AKUTR’s on 09:10 - Aug 13 with 2771 viewsToast_R

AKUTR’s on 08:33 - Aug 13 by loftboy

Did you not see the pinned post on here recently, it was touch and go that one was even going to be produced and Dave Thomas will be losing money by going ahead.

Eh? So he actually loses money to keep the magazine going?
Would it not be sensible just to knock it on the head?
AKUTR’s on 09:36 - Aug 13 with 2696 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

AKUTR’s on 09:10 - Aug 13 by Toast_R

I expect if financial gain was his sole motivation, Dave would have "knocked it on the head" a long time ago.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

AKUTR’s on 10:05 - Aug 13 with 2610 viewsCroydonCaptJack

AKUTR’s on 09:10 - Aug 13 by Toast_R

I would imagine if you had invested that much time and effort in a project it would be very hard to knock it on the head.

It is probably inevitable but must be very hard for him.
AKUTR’s on 10:17 - Aug 13 with 2554 viewsEsox_Lucius

It is, just look at him at a game, it's hard to believe he is only 35.

The grass is always greener.

AKUTR’s on 10:21 - Aug 13 with 2541 viewsfrancisbowles

On the recent other thread on AKUTRs, we read and commented how it is a Rangers institution and how we would do what we can to help keep it going.

I used to be a regular purchaser but hadn't bought it for years as things like LFW have taken a similar role in my Rsss 'experience'. However, I got mine on Saturday and will continue to do so.

After the game on Saturday, Dave seemed to be selling a fair few copies, hope it's future is looking a bit better but the key, obviously, is that we return to purchase it on a regular basis.

U (AKUT) Rrrrrrs
AKUTR’s on 10:22 - Aug 13 with 2534 viewsToast_R

AKUTR’s on 10:05 - Aug 13 by CroydonCaptJack

I would imagine if you had invested that much time and effort in a project it would be very hard to knock it on the head.

It is probably inevitable but must be very hard for him.

I get the sentiment and the enjoyment factor in writing it and I still buy it when I attend (which isn't often at the moment) because it's a good read and fills in the journey home, but come on. If it's losing money, the monumental effort that goes into producing the product and factor in how times have changed in the last 20 years with the rise of online fan sites like this which surely have inflicted lower sales, surely it's time to wind it up as a hard copy at least. Lee Hoo's would be having Kittens.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 10:24]
Login to get fewer ads

AKUTR’s on 11:09 - Aug 13 with 2412 viewsconnell10

I got one like i always do but i refuse to read the Simon Dorset articles!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

AKUTR’s on 11:28 - Aug 13 with 2354 viewsAntti_Heinola

AKUTR’s on 10:22 - Aug 13 by Toast_R

I get the sentiment and the enjoyment factor in writing it and I still buy it when I attend (which isn't often at the moment) because it's a good read and fills in the journey home, but come on. If it's losing money, the monumental effort that goes into producing the product and factor in how times have changed in the last 20 years with the rise of online fan sites like this which surely have inflicted lower sales, surely it's time to wind it up as a hard copy at least. Lee Hoo's would be having Kittens.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 10:24]

Wonder if it could be converted into an app and sold that way?

Bare bones.

AKUTR’s on 11:59 - Aug 13 with 2280 viewsToast_R

AKUTR’s on 11:28 - Aug 13 by Antti_Heinola

Wonder if it could be converted into an app and sold that way?

Would be a good alternative wouldn't it? Especially if you could down load the issues as a PDF so you can read it in your own time even if your you can't get wifi etc.
AKUTR’s on 12:03 - Aug 13 with 2270 viewsthame_hoops

AKUTR’s on 11:59 - Aug 13 by Toast_R

Would be a good alternative wouldn't it? Especially if you could down load the issues as a PDF so you can read it in your own time even if your you can't get wifi etc.

would be great to Download a PDF, then I could share it with friends, would save everyone having to buy a copy
AKUTR’s on 12:13 - Aug 13 with 2245 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

AKUTR’s on 12:03 - Aug 13 by thame_hoops

would be great to Download a PDF, then I could share it with friends, would save everyone having to buy a copy

Nail on head. It has to be in print form sold by fans on the street/in the stand. Like it always has. Ending it’s life on a dusty shelf in my flat.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

AKUTR’s on 12:23 - Aug 13 with 2197 viewsDWQPR

For the original poster. Dave Thomas has for over 30 years produced AKUTR’s. It is a QPR institution and nobody asked him to start it. It was born out of the Marlin takeover debacle with the proposed Fulham merger. It has engulfed more than half of his life. Imagine that. And so what if he has put it up by £1. Good luck to him. Saves me waiting in the rain for him to find that elusive quid for my change. It is always a fantastic read, opinions, thoughts, laughs, memories. So now it is the cost of a pint of beer, lasts longer, more enjoyable and better for your health. You don’t have to buy a copy of if you don’t want to but please don’t start a negative thread about the cost. Dave is doing what he can to keep the fanzine viable enough for him to continue to produce it and to please those who want to continue to buy it. That is such a selfless act that in my opinion deserves all the help he can get in maintaining AKUTR’s.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

AKUTR’s on 13:13 - Aug 13 with 2068 viewsNoDiddley

Who said it was negative?
Just stating a fact, I bought mine & just for your interest I’ve got issue 1 signed by Dave, who always says “hello stu” when I pass him.
And actually there was a queue after the game buying it.
AKUTR’s on 13:23 - Aug 13 with 2022 viewsToast_R

AKUTR’s on 12:03 - Aug 13 by thame_hoops

That's a good point.

There must be away you can tie it in with the App so the PDF or whatever format suites best can only be accessed by the person with the subscribed App on their device?

This is 2018 after all. Why can't match day programmes go the same way for those clubs that have opted not to produce one now due to cost effectiveness? My wife is always moaning that my collection clutter up the place, they do to be fair. To have them stored digitally on a microchip is surely a better solution all round?

[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 13:29]
AKUTR’s on 13:27 - Aug 13 with 2000 viewsconnell10

AKUTR’s on 13:23 - Aug 13 by Toast_R

That's a good point.

There must be away you can tie it in with the App so the PDF or whatever format suites best can only be accessed by the person with the subscribed App on their device?

This is 2018 after all. Why can't match day programmes go the same way for those clubs that have opted not to produce one now due to cost effectiveness? My wife is always moaning that my collection clutter up the place, they do to be fair. To have them stored digitally on a microchip is surely a better solution all round?

[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 13:29]

Well I'm sure there must be a few fans across our Network who could help Dave set this up! Obviously I'm of no use as I can barely spell , let alone set up some high tech website!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

AKUTR’s on 13:35 - Aug 13 with 1967 viewsToast_R

AKUTR’s on 13:27 - Aug 13 by connell10

Well I'm sure there must be a few fans across our Network who could help Dave set this up! Obviously I'm of no use as I can barely spell , let alone set up some high tech website!!

Ere are...

Have a look at this rascal

http://www.matchdaydigital.co.uk/
AKUTR’s on 19:30 - Aug 13 with 1646 viewsthehat

Part of the matchday experience buying a copy of Dave - No problem with the £5.00 hope its around for many years yet.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024