Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charity Shield to Tangiers? 21:07 - Aug 12 with 879 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Just watching Barca v Sevilla in the Spanish Super Cup. It's in Tangiers. Weird.

Weirder still is that the commentator just said that the French Super Cup was played in Tangiers last year and that the English one would be next year.

Is this true? And, if so, what's the rationale/angle? It rings alarm bells when three FA's are all in tow with UEFA/FIFA.

Tester for a possible World Cup in North Africa?
[Post edited 12 Aug 2018 21:10]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Charity Shield to Tangiers? on 22:47 - Aug 12 with 784 viewsBoston

I Hope not.

[Post edited 12 Aug 2018 22:48]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Charity Shield to Tangiers? on 23:00 - Aug 12 with 754 viewsloftboy

Yep, money first and fûck the loyal fans that would normally go to the game.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Charity Shield to Tangiers? on 23:04 - Aug 12 with 749 viewssmegma

Game 39 will start to rear its ugly head again shortly.
Charity Shield to Tangiers? on 23:09 - Aug 12 with 746 viewsMedwayR

What’s worse is that Sevilla had already sold tickets for the super cup which has always been played over 2 legs before the spanish FA randomly decided on a one-off match in Tangiers. I believe Barcelona has been crying about scheduling so the Spanish FA decided on a one-off match to appease them which didn’t go down well with Sevilla as they weren’t consulted, then to rub salt into the wounds they announced the neutral venue as Tangiers!! At that point I’d have pulled out if I was in Sevilla’s position. Then yesterday the spanish FA announced that the usual non-eu player cap that they have in La Liga don’t apply to the supercup as it’s “not a professional game”, unbelievable.

I doubt the Community Shield will be there as Wembley needs to be paid for, unless the money from Tangiers is too much to refuse...

Poll: Who’s better?

Charity Shield to Tangiers? on 06:31 - Aug 13 with 634 viewsdistortR

Charity Shield to Tangiers? on 23:04 - Aug 12 by smegma

Game 39 will start to rear its ugly head again shortly.

Bolton at HQ, I think
Charity Shield to Tangiers? on 06:32 - Aug 13 with 633 viewsdistortR

Charity Shield to Tangiers? on 23:09 - Aug 12 by MedwayR

What’s worse is that Sevilla had already sold tickets for the super cup which has always been played over 2 legs before the spanish FA randomly decided on a one-off match in Tangiers. I believe Barcelona has been crying about scheduling so the Spanish FA decided on a one-off match to appease them which didn’t go down well with Sevilla as they weren’t consulted, then to rub salt into the wounds they announced the neutral venue as Tangiers!! At that point I’d have pulled out if I was in Sevilla’s position. Then yesterday the spanish FA announced that the usual non-eu player cap that they have in La Liga don’t apply to the supercup as it’s “not a professional game”, unbelievable.

I doubt the Community Shield will be there as Wembley needs to be paid for, unless the money from Tangiers is too much to refuse...

FFS!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024