Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eze vs Freeman 02:16 - Aug 13 with 1933 viewstimcocking

Is this going to bite us in the arse? So far, every time it's looked clear it's difficult to fit them both in. Trying to shoehorn Freeman out wide will only hamper his effectiveness and happiness. Likewise Eze. Bloody typical, but this situation could well do us more harm than good. If Eze didn't exist, we'd have had Bright-Freeman-Smyth presumably as a pretty good balanced attacking three. I imagine Luke Freeman is very unhappy having been pushed wide after carrying us last year and watching all the players he'd respect leave for nothing.

You know, i reckon QPR without one of those two players would score more points over the season than we will do with both of them in the starting lineup, unless something changes.

Can't help but wonder if it would have been better business to have sold Freeman or Eze, kept Jack Robinson instead...
Eze vs Freeman on 08:12 - Aug 13 with 1696 viewsbosh67

Problem is that Robinson didn't want to stay.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Eze vs Freeman on 08:15 - Aug 13 with 1687 viewstraininvain

It’s a long season and we’ll need both of them. They had a half each playing centrally on Saturday and I’d imagine that’ll continue. Eze looked more effective playing out wide than Freeman.
Eze vs Freeman on 08:26 - Aug 13 with 1656 viewscaliforniahoop

Fair point, perhaps we could use Freeman in a two man MF and put a brute next to him?
Eze vs Freeman on 10:12 - Aug 13 with 1503 viewsdaveB

One option when Hall is fit is to play him, Scowen and Luongo in midfield and give Eze and Freeman a free role ahead of them behid a striker. Downside would be a lack of width to the side which we have already
Eze vs Freeman on 10:19 - Aug 13 with 1470 viewsCamberleyR

I thought McClaren would have learnt from his days alongside Sven that trying to shoehorn your best players into the starting XI to keep them happy despite players being out of position does not usually make the best team i.e the old Gerrard/Lampard/Scholes conundrum.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Eze vs Freeman on 10:29 - Aug 13 with 1417 viewskingo

Its funny because I thought it worked quite well on Saturday, our goal being a prime example. Freeman picked up the ball wide on the right and cut across field to eventually feed Eze. I though Ezy looked much better playing further upfield, he seemed to drop deeper in the second half. During the first half he really reminded me of Stan, not appearing to do much but when he got the ball he made things happen.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Eze vs Freeman on 10:30 - Aug 13 with 1401 viewsDorse

I think Freeman is one of those 'damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't' kind of players. When he's in the side, people ask where Eze is going to play and question why we don't play the youth. When he's not, we ask why we're not picking a quality player. When they're both in, we go all 'Lampard / Gerrard' about it and give the manager a kicking for bottling a tricky selection. It's a zero-sum game.

For what it's worth (i.e. the thick end of bugger all), I would be going for one or the other. For me, it feels better balanced. However, I also prefer 352, so what do I know?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Eze vs Freeman on 11:30 - Aug 13 with 1261 viewsAntti_Heinola

Eze vs Freeman on 10:29 - Aug 13 by kingo

Its funny because I thought it worked quite well on Saturday, our goal being a prime example. Freeman picked up the ball wide on the right and cut across field to eventually feed Eze. I though Ezy looked much better playing further upfield, he seemed to drop deeper in the second half. During the first half he really reminded me of Stan, not appearing to do much but when he got the ball he made things happen.

it did work well, and they've only just started playing together. Don't get the idea it should be one or the other at all. Both great players, they'll learn to play together, they can interchange positions as they did on Sat, and teams have more than just one of them to worry about.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Eze vs Freeman on 12:05 - Aug 13 with 1200 viewssmegma

Eze vs Freeman on 08:12 - Aug 13 by bosh67

Problem is that Robinson didn't want to stay.

He's played 12 minutes in 180 for Forest so far.
Eze vs Freeman on 12:08 - Aug 13 with 1191 viewsQPR_John

Eze vs Freeman on 12:05 - Aug 13 by smegma

He's played 12 minutes in 180 for Forest so far.

But I assumed he is earning more than he would had he stayed
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 12:09]
Eze vs Freeman on 12:15 - Aug 13 with 1149 viewsLythamR

Eze vs Freeman on 12:08 - Aug 13 by QPR_John

Eze should now be the first name on the team sheet, he is a joy to watch. you dont sell him until you absolutely have to, certainly not to retain the services of a Robinson
Eze vs Freeman on 12:16 - Aug 13 with 1139 viewssmegma

Eze vs Freeman on 12:08 - Aug 13 by QPR_John

I'd rather play football
Eze vs Freeman on 12:36 - Aug 13 with 1076 viewsWestbourneR

How anyone after seeing the game yesterday could suggest that selling Freeman would have been a good idea staggers me. Freeman, along with Eze, were our stand out players by a country mile and the two gelled together beautifully. They even rotated position and were equally effective.

I thought it was real kudos to McLaren that he'd managed to harness our two best assets so effectively

I'm sorry Tim Cocking but really mate what are you watching?? It's not the first time you've post something after a game and I have to wonder how you can call it so wrong. Just baffles me.

Just reading it again - 'better business to have sold Eze' ??????? - He's best youth player to come through and play for the first team in 20 years. Just WHAT?? He's our only bloody hope. And you're suggesting we sell him to give Robinson a contract. Dear dear me.

[Btw Luongo was totally checked out. Very worrying performance.]

[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 12:55]

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Eze vs Freeman on 12:51 - Aug 13 with 1030 viewsQPR_John

Eze vs Freeman on 12:16 - Aug 13 by smegma

I'd rather play football

If only that were the view of the modern footballer
Eze vs Freeman on 13:31 - Aug 13 with 957 viewsisawqpratwcity

Eze vs Freeman on 12:51 - Aug 13 by QPR_John

If only that were the view of the modern footballer

Tbf, it might easily make the difference of more than a million pounds over a couple of years.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Eze vs Freeman on 14:05 - Aug 13 with 894 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Eze vs Freeman on 12:36 - Aug 13 by WestbourneR

How anyone after seeing the game yesterday could suggest that selling Freeman would have been a good idea staggers me. Freeman, along with Eze, were our stand out players by a country mile and the two gelled together beautifully. They even rotated position and were equally effective.

I thought it was real kudos to McLaren that he'd managed to harness our two best assets so effectively

I'm sorry Tim Cocking but really mate what are you watching?? It's not the first time you've post something after a game and I have to wonder how you can call it so wrong. Just baffles me.

Just reading it again - 'better business to have sold Eze' ??????? - He's best youth player to come through and play for the first team in 20 years. Just WHAT?? He's our only bloody hope. And you're suggesting we sell him to give Robinson a contract. Dear dear me.

[Btw Luongo was totally checked out. Very worrying performance.]

[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 12:55]

Agree that the two of them worked very well together, particularly in the first half.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024