Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rangel is a Ranger 12:01 - Aug 15 with 10386 viewsmakaveli1882

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/rangel-is-a-ranger/
Rangel is a Ranger on 14:50 - Aug 15 with 2368 viewsGloucs_R

Rangel is a Ranger on 14:43 - Aug 15 by WestbourneR

To stay in the league Tim. That's the point.

Another world class idiotic comment.

Actually agree with him.

Rangel should be as back up only. Lost all of his pace apparently so only to be used if we are stuck imo.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Rangel is a Ranger on 14:55 - Aug 15 with 2356 viewsflynnbo

Rangel is a Ranger on 12:52 - Aug 15 by aston_hoop

I work with a girl whose surname is Rangel and she pronounces it Ran-jel. She is also stunning but thats besides the point.

It's pronounced "Anhell" Ranhell" with the guttural "h".

Anyway, welcome aboard the good ship Rangers, Angel; it's never boring!
[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 14:56]
Rangel is a Ranger on 15:01 - Aug 15 with 2319 viewsmakaveli1882

Rangel is a Ranger on 14:55 - Aug 15 by flynnbo

Anal Ranal with a guttural A is better
Rangel is a Ranger on 15:04 - Aug 15 with 2305 viewsLeedsR

Rangel is a Ranger on 14:50 - Aug 15 by Gloucs_R

Actually agree with him.

Rangel should be as back up only. Lost all of his pace apparently so only to be used if we are stuck imo.

Me too. I’d be disappointed if he replaces Kakay. Yes Ozzie is young and inexperienced, but I saw more than enough positives to think that considering Furlong’s injury, he deserves a good run out in the side. How else is he to improve? Imagine the confidence that would bring. Angel would be there as cover should anything happen, but also to give advice to Kakay.

Obvs the glaring gap is at CB, but I guess we have to get what we can.
Rangel is a Ranger on 15:14 - Aug 15 with 2260 viewsJuzzie

Rangel is a Ranger on 13:51 - Aug 15 by PlanetHonneywood

Suggest when he walks out on to the pitch, we fast track his induction into the Forever Heroes Hall of Famous Rs!

Bienvenido Señor.

When the half-time whistle goes, he can stay on the pitch and pick up his award during the break!
Rangel is a Ranger on 15:33 - Aug 15 with 2187 viewslankylancaster

Rangel is a Ranger on 14:55 - Aug 15 by flynnbo

Sorry to correct you, but it's a Catalan name not a Spanish (Castilian) one. Catalan doesn't use the gutteral "h" sound at all, so it's pronounced AN-jel ran-JEL, with the emphasis on the capitalised syllables, so the first syllable of Àngel (that's why it has a grave accent) and the second syllable of Rangel.
Rangel is a Ranger on 15:39 - Aug 15 with 2170 viewsblacky200

Rangel is a Ranger on 15:33 - Aug 15 by lankylancaster

Sorry to correct you, but it's a Catalan name not a Spanish (Castilian) one. Catalan doesn't use the gutteral "h" sound at all, so it's pronounced AN-jel ran-JEL, with the emphasis on the capitalised syllables, so the first syllable of Àngel (that's why it has a grave accent) and the second syllable of Rangel.

Too complicated. Lets call him Dave 2.
Rangel is a Ranger on 15:39 - Aug 15 with 2169 viewsPinnerPaul

Thanks - that will be handy for those wanting to abuse him after the 1st 20 mins.
Login to get fewer ads

Rangel is a Ranger on 15:40 - Aug 15 with 2162 viewsstevec

This is no good, I'll be spitting all over the row in front.
Rangel is a Ranger on 15:41 - Aug 15 with 2156 views2Thomas2Bowles

Rangel is a Ranger on 15:39 - Aug 15 by blacky200

Welcome Dave

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Rangel is a Ranger on 16:03 - Aug 15 with 2080 viewsMyke

Rangel is a Ranger on 13:16 - Aug 15 by timcocking

If we play him in front of Kakay, whats the fcuking point of any of it?

very unlikely that he will play in front of Kakay - he is not a right winger!
Seriously, he brings almost 20 years experience playing at this and a higher level. In training, think of the wealth of advice he can give to both Kakay and (when fit again) Furlong. We have bitched about losing 3 experienced defenders and only buying 1 this summer. Now we have addressed the balance a little and people still not happy. He is the 'right sort' and for 5 months provide a very welcome addition to our defence at booth RB and CB. To say he is blocking Kakay's progress is ludicrous, if anything it should enhance it in the long term. Remember, Kakay was in nobody's mind as our first choice RB before Furlong got injured, now 3 games in we are talking about impeding his development - madness -Welcome Angel (Angle Rangle btw)
Rangel is a Ranger on 16:14 - Aug 15 with 2045 viewsMick_S

Rangel is a Ranger on 15:39 - Aug 15 by blacky200

Dave Angel?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Rangel is a Ranger on 16:31 - Aug 15 with 1995 viewsWestbourneR

Rangel is a Ranger on 14:50 - Aug 15 by Gloucs_R

Actually agree with him.

Ok so you're saying that if a player (that you've not see play recently) plays for QPR ahead of Kakay 'then what's the f**king point of any of it'

When he has 10 years of Prem and Championship starts and experience - and we've currently lost our first two league games on the bounce.

Glad it makes sense to you and Tim Gloucs because it sounds like a totally unreasonable over-reaction me.

If he plays and he's horrible, then fine - but before seeing him play it's just... well I've said already. I give up.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Rangel is a Ranger on 16:50 - Aug 15 with 1956 viewsPinnerPaul

Rangel is a Ranger on 16:31 - Aug 15 by WestbourneR

Ok so you're saying that if a player (that you've not see play recently) plays for QPR ahead of Kakay 'then what's the f**king point of any of it'

When he has 10 years of Prem and Championship starts and experience - and we've currently lost our first two league games on the bounce.

Glad it makes sense to you and Tim Gloucs because it sounds like a totally unreasonable over-reaction me.

If he plays and he's horrible, then fine - but before seeing him play it's just... well I've said already. I give up.

Totally agree - wouldn't be the biggest surprise in the world if he was, shock, horror a little bit better than Kakay.

But hey, that would interrupt the tide of negativity/misery that some seem to enjoy so much.
Rangel is a Ranger on 17:09 - Aug 15 with 1920 viewsDejR_vu

Can't see how this one is in any way controversial. Free, masses of experience, signed for five months to cover a defence that's very thin on bodies. And, sounds a decent bloke to have around the place.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Rangel is a Ranger on 17:17 - Aug 15 with 1894 viewsjohncharles

Brett Angel anuone ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Rangel is a Ranger on 17:21 - Aug 15 with 1884 viewsPinnerPaul

Abba return to another thread (any excuse)

https://www.bing.com/search?q=angel+eyes+abba&qs=AS&pq=angel+eyes+&sk=AS1&sc=8-1
Rangel is a Ranger on 20:35 - Aug 15 with 1729 viewsbosh67

Well have watched the interview and he's not fooling me with that funny accent. That's Rob Green that is.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Rangel is a Ranger on 21:41 - Aug 15 with 1671 viewsGroveR

I work with a girl whose surname is Rangel and she pronounces it Ran-jel. She is also stunning but thats besides the point.

Pronounce her surname "Ay-Nal" and I guarantee you in a matter of weeks you will be hammering her hazel hoop and praising the good lord you listened to Uncle Grove.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 21:47]
Rangel is a Ranger on 21:58 - Aug 15 with 1647 viewsBklynRanger

The guy doing the interview was obviously a bit confused by it all - "Rangel welcome to QPR"...
Rangel is a Ranger on 22:15 - Aug 15 with 1629 viewsdistortR

Rangel is a Ranger on 16:50 - Aug 15 by PinnerPaul

Totally agree - wouldn't be the biggest surprise in the world if he was, shock, horror a little bit better than Kakay.

But hey, that would interrupt the tide of negativity/misery that some seem to enjoy so much.

is it actually negative to say our own kid is doing well and we'd like him to retain his place in the side? That, as a skint club that is doing well to attract, and bring on , young players, it's really important to show them there is a clear pathway into the first team?
Rangel is a Ranger on 22:17 - Aug 15 with 1622 viewsdistortR

"she is also stunning".
I find the word "also" problematic. I assume angel can count on your support!
Rangel is a Ranger on 22:33 - Aug 15 with 1600 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Do you think he was signed for football reasons or just to sate the infinite appetite of the Sky Sport News generation?
Rangel is a Ranger on 06:38 - Aug 16 with 1498 viewsdistortR

Rangel is a Ranger on 22:33 - Aug 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

Do you think he was signed for football reasons or just to sate the infinite appetite of the Sky Sport News generation?

If he was signed as cover, then I get it.
I was responding to someone who was responding to someone else's worries over this, I didn't start the suppositions!!

Rangel was a good player, but Swansea fans are saying his legs have gone, money is tight and I'd imagine he's not here for the love of R'sss, although his previous charitable inclinations give me hope in that direction. He could be wwoofing, I suppose?!
Rangel is a Ranger on 07:55 - Aug 16 with 1452 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Rangel is a Ranger on 12:28 - Aug 15 by simmo

Hmmm. I'm fairly happy with this, although it does depend on why he's here. If it's cover for Kakay and to bring some experience to a young team, that's cool. I assume he can play LB too if needed and with no clear cover for Bidwell that's also a good thing. But if he's here to replace Kakay, who has played really well up to now, that will be annoying.

The days of blocking the path for progression of youth players with 35 year old loanees should be long gone, if it's a signing made on that basis, I'd have preferred not to bother.

Saw you post something similar a few days ago Simmo and, as ever, you are right!

That's my initial response too, but if he plays some games at rb, some at lb, some at cb, and sits on the bench for other games while Kakay learns then I have no problem with it. We did desperately need cover.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024