Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rangel is a Ranger 12:01 - Aug 15 with 10412 viewsmakaveli1882

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/rangel-is-a-ranger/
Rangel is a Ranger on 12:12 - Aug 15 with 6187 viewsPinnerPaul

Good interview, sounds very grounded and pleased to be here.
Rangel is a Ranger on 12:12 - Aug 15 with 6184 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Welcome Angel.

That sounds like 'hello darlin'

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Rangel is a Ranger on 12:14 - Aug 15 with 6156 viewsstevec

Is it pronounced Angel Rangel or Angle Rangle
Rangel is a Ranger on 12:28 - Aug 15 with 6074 viewssimmo

Hmmm. I'm fairly happy with this, although it does depend on why he's here. If it's cover for Kakay and to bring some experience to a young team, that's cool. I assume he can play LB too if needed and with no clear cover for Bidwell that's also a good thing. But if he's here to replace Kakay, who has played really well up to now, that will be annoying.

The days of blocking the path for progression of youth players with 35 year old loanees should be long gone, if it's a signing made on that basis, I'd have preferred not to bother.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Rangel is a Ranger on 12:31 - Aug 15 with 6051 viewsozexile

Rangel is a Ranger on 12:28 - Aug 15 by simmo

Hmmm. I'm fairly happy with this, although it does depend on why he's here. If it's cover for Kakay and to bring some experience to a young team, that's cool. I assume he can play LB too if needed and with no clear cover for Bidwell that's also a good thing. But if he's here to replace Kakay, who has played really well up to now, that will be annoying.

The days of blocking the path for progression of youth players with 35 year old loanees should be long gone, if it's a signing made on that basis, I'd have preferred not to bother.

I think he'll play. I'd rather we play Kakay.
Rangel is a Ranger on 12:32 - Aug 15 with 6032 viewssimmo

Rangel is a Ranger on 12:31 - Aug 15 by ozexile

I think he'll play. I'd rather we play Kakay.

Same.

Rangel is a Ranger on 12:36 - Aug 15 with 5991 viewssmegma

Can't wait to see him play alongside Baptiste to make the oldest QPR defence EVER!!!!
Rangel is a Ranger on 12:52 - Aug 15 with 5867 viewsaston_hoop

Rangel is a Ranger on 12:14 - Aug 15 by stevec

Is it pronounced Angel Rangel or Angle Rangle

I work with a girl whose surname is Rangel and she pronounces it Ran-jel. She is also stunning but thats besides the point.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Login to get fewer ads

Rangel is a Ranger on 12:53 - Aug 15 with 5861 viewsMytch_QPR

Rangel is a Ranger on 12:12 - Aug 15 by PinnerPaul

Good interview, sounds very grounded and pleased to be here.

I remember an interesting story about how he and his wife gave out some left over food to the homeless in Swansea to avoid it going to waste - not something that most PL footballers would be associated with.

Found it: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-21098006

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Rangel is a Ranger on 12:59 - Aug 15 with 5807 viewsEastR

Rangel is a Ranger on 12:36 - Aug 15 by smegma

Can't wait to see him play alongside Baptiste to make the oldest QPR defence EVER!!!!

maybe if he's still here in 3 seasons time

Hill-Dunne play off final 70yrs between them

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Rangel is a Ranger on 13:03 - Aug 15 with 5786 viewsWestbourneR

I'd rather Kakay played too but in the situation we're in we can't afford to be maturing a youngster in a back 5 that has already lost 3 key senior players.

Rangel helps get the balance right.

If we get some points on the board then I can see Kakay coming back in for a home game.

But right now we need know-how and wins. Angel Rangel is more likely to provide that.

Knackered 35 years old on free transfers to see us through a relegation dog fight- it's like good old days - someone call Paladini.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Rangel is a Ranger on 13:04 - Aug 15 with 5777 viewsTrom

I'd imagine Rangel would start more of the away games. It's a lot to ask Kakay to start both home and away consistently when he's really only just developing his game in the first team. I'd imagine Kakay will be used away when teams tire or we're chasing a game in the second half.

For home games, I'd hope to see Kakay start with Rangel being used for cover if he tires in the second half of games. You'd hope home games are a more supportive environment in which he can develop. Additionally, the team is more likely to be more attacking at home which seems to be his strength.

From what I've seen of him he looks a talent but a bit raw defensively. We need him to be able to develop this side of his game in a controlled fashion rather than throwing him in the deep end playing 90 mins away from home when the teams got its back to the wall.

Given the stated ambitions of the club to develop payers and this being the reason for McLaren's appointment you'd hope the signing has been made to enable Kakay's development in a planned fashion.
Rangel is a Ranger on 13:06 - Aug 15 with 5765 viewsozexile

Rangel is a Ranger on 13:03 - Aug 15 by WestbourneR

I'd rather Kakay played too but in the situation we're in we can't afford to be maturing a youngster in a back 5 that has already lost 3 key senior players.

Rangel helps get the balance right.

If we get some points on the board then I can see Kakay coming back in for a home game.

But right now we need know-how and wins. Angel Rangel is more likely to provide that.

Knackered 35 years old on free transfers to see us through a relegation dog fight- it's like good old days - someone call Paladini.

Ha ha. Swansea are in the championship. I'm not sure there'd let a decent player go.
We'll see on Saturday I suppose.
Rangel is a Ranger on 13:16 - Aug 15 with 5675 viewstimcocking

If we play him in front of Kakay, whats the fcuking point of any of it?
Rangel is a Ranger on 13:17 - Aug 15 with 5670 viewsmakaveli1882

Does anyone know when he last played a game of Football? would be surprised if he started on saturday but what do I know.
Rangel is a Ranger on 13:19 - Aug 15 with 5651 viewsstevec

I like Kakay and Furlong but for the last 2 seasons opposition have targeted that position relentlessly and with a fair amount of success.

We have to put 4 defenders out there who can put it about on a regular basis.
Rangel is a Ranger on 13:21 - Aug 15 with 5636 viewsmakaveli1882

Rangel is a Ranger on 13:17 - Aug 15 by makaveli1882

Does anyone know when he last played a game of Football? would be surprised if he started on saturday but what do I know.

Games played by Angel Rangel in 2017/2018

EFL CUP Tu 22Aug 2017
MK Dons 1 - 4 Swansea

PREMIER LEAGUE Sa 26Aug 2017
C Palace 0 - 2 Swansea

EFL CUP Tu 19Sep 2017
Reading 0 - 2 Swansea
EFL CUP Tu 24Oct 2017
Swansea 0 - 2 Man Utd

PREMIER LEAGUE Sa 23Dec 2017
Swansea 1 - 1 C Palace

PREMIER LEAGUE Tu 02Jan 2018
Swansea 0 - 2 Tottenham

PREMIER LEAGUE Su 13May 2018
Swansea 1 - 2 Stoke

4 premier league games last year, one being the last game which I imagine was a goodbye as they was already down, 2nd January before that.
Rangel is a Ranger on 13:30 - Aug 15 with 5567 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Rangel is a Ranger on 13:33 - Aug 15 with 5548 viewsR_from_afar

Given that we are down two defenders (while Furlong is injured), I think it's helpful to have him onboard. His experience should be valuable too.

I also think bringing in (a few) new players can give the squad a lift. Well, actually, that is a lie because that is a benefit of signing players that uncle Neil alludes to in his book. Full disclosure: It is not my original thought LOL .

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Rangel is a Ranger on 13:35 - Aug 15 with 5528 viewsTonto

Rangel is a Ranger on 12:28 - Aug 15 by simmo

There is a pretty big clue there - ITS A FIVE MONTH CONTRACT!!!

the offish article also states that he is cover for Furlong.

He has been signed as cover and thats it. I would be shocked if he plays ahead of a fit or eligible Kakay, let alone Furs II when he returns.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Rangel is a Ranger on 13:41 - Aug 15 with 5486 viewsjonno

So not actually a "loan" then.
Rangel is a Ranger on 13:51 - Aug 15 with 5403 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Suggest when he walks out on to the pitch, we fast track his induction into the Forever Heroes Hall of Famous Rs!

Bienvenido Señor.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Rangel is a Ranger on 13:53 - Aug 15 with 5392 viewssimmo

Rangel is a Ranger on 13:35 - Aug 15 by Tonto

There is a pretty big clue there - ITS A FIVE MONTH CONTRACT!!!

the offish article also states that he is cover for Furlong.

He has been signed as cover and thats it. I would be shocked if he plays ahead of a fit or eligible Kakay, let alone Furs II when he returns.

Who specualted that he would be considered ahead of Furlong? I was talking about him playing ahead of Kakay. Read my post properly, unless you think I would be clearer if I WROTE IN CAPITALS.

Rangel is a Ranger on 14:25 - Aug 15 with 5236 viewsoldmisery

Rangel is a Ranger on 13:04 - Aug 15 by Trom

I'd imagine Rangel would start more of the away games. It's a lot to ask Kakay to start both home and away consistently when he's really only just developing his game in the first team. I'd imagine Kakay will be used away when teams tire or we're chasing a game in the second half.

For home games, I'd hope to see Kakay start with Rangel being used for cover if he tires in the second half of games. You'd hope home games are a more supportive environment in which he can develop. Additionally, the team is more likely to be more attacking at home which seems to be his strength.

From what I've seen of him he looks a talent but a bit raw defensively. We need him to be able to develop this side of his game in a controlled fashion rather than throwing him in the deep end playing 90 mins away from home when the teams got its back to the wall.

Given the stated ambitions of the club to develop payers and this being the reason for McLaren's appointment you'd hope the signing has been made to enable Kakay's development in a planned fashion.

It's interesting that you find him a bit raw defensively. I believe he's been with the club since he was about eight years old and on the handful of occasions that I've seen him play in the U18's and U23's, he's always played right back - so he must be well used to playing in a back four. Doubtless Mr Smegma has seen him play on many more occasions than I have, perhaps he would know whether he has ever played further up the field for example.
Rangel is a Ranger on 14:43 - Aug 15 with 5148 viewsWestbourneR

Rangel is a Ranger on 13:16 - Aug 15 by timcocking

If we play him in front of Kakay, whats the fcuking point of any of it?

To stay in the league Tim. That's the point.

Another world class idiotic comment.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024