Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... 14:51 - Aug 15 with 18422 viewssmuttsontour

[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 15:01]
Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 18:12 - Aug 15 with 2633 viewsQPR_John

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 16:36 - Aug 15 by MedwayR

This is probably just PR, but it may also be that the Mitalls are prepared to put money into the club again to increase their shareholding now that it is being run sensibly, after all they stopped putting money in because of the losses racked up by Fernandes' decisions, now that's been sorted perhaps their willing to get more involved again and give Ruben a break from funding the club.

Can see it now owned by a multi billionaire and still unable to compete in the transfer market
Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 19:50 - Aug 15 with 2383 viewsBerkoRanger

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 17:58 - Aug 15 by WatfordR

I think the interesting question to consider is, why would Amit agree to do this given he represents such a small shareholding.

Off the top of my head, I can think of three possible reasons:

1. Because he thinks he is helping out the club by doing so
2. Because its part of some greater "deal" (not necessarily QPR related) between the Mittals and the majority shareholders, and it's a bit part PR favour to TF/Ruben/Tune
3. Because it's the start of a renewed interest by the Mittals in the club (and of course whatever property deals may come as part of the club's future).

I think the first possibility isn't as fanciful as it may sound. Having met Amit a few times when I (very briefly!) represented LFW at some fans meetings, I don't think I was alone in feeling that he had been "bitten by the bug" for the club. Of course he is a little older and wiser now. I know he has fronted up before for Flav and co, but that was back when the Mittals were more significant shareholders, and it's hard to imagine he'd be putting himself in the firing line with fans while having little or no say about what is being done by Tune and co.

The third option would I think be great for us going forward, and I think Medway's thoughts probably echo my own quite closely. I have no idea how the second option might impact us.

Thoughts?

Anyone else

Hi Watford - I have been going through similiar thought processes and I think this could have begun when IH was replaced by Steve at Amit's preference. I think option 3 on your list is the most likely with the Mittals buying out as major or total owners as the next step. If I'm right, there are exciting times ahead for our club.
In an earlier thread, I was laughed at for suggesting a top six finish for us this season but after today's news, who knows.
Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 20:09 - Aug 15 with 2299 viewskropotkin41

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 19:50 - Aug 15 by BerkoRanger

Hi Watford - I have been going through similiar thought processes and I think this could have begun when IH was replaced by Steve at Amit's preference. I think option 3 on your list is the most likely with the Mittals buying out as major or total owners as the next step. If I'm right, there are exciting times ahead for our club.
In an earlier thread, I was laughed at for suggesting a top six finish for us this season but after today's news, who knows.

How could any of this propel us to the top six?

Not laughing, just asking.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 20:12 - Aug 15 with 2289 views08olesen

Hopefully he can get a cut price on some steel to build a stadium as well. In all seriousness a great thing for the club i reckon. Amit seems to have his head screwed on.

On a side note, #confirmadel

Poll: Who will the other play off

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 20:25 - Aug 15 with 2240 viewsBerkoRanger

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 20:09 - Aug 15 by kropotkin41

How could any of this propel us to the top six?

Not laughing, just asking.

Been following football for over 50 years and I've seen similiar happen with many other clubs. It's amazing how a different outlook (chairman or owner) and a different manager, with a few new players (even loans) can make a huge difference. Just look at Fulham and Wolves last year.
So why can't we do the same and get into the top six. I'm sure there is a real buzz amongst the players tonight after today's announcement.
Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 20:29 - Aug 15 with 2227 viewsbosh67

Well we have a chairman who is hugely popular with the fans. Is a fan himself and who fans can relate to. Now all we have to do is give him a song.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 20:43 - Aug 15 with 2191 viewsJacksDad

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 20:29 - Aug 15 by bosh67

Well we have a chairman who is hugely popular with the fans. Is a fan himself and who fans can relate to. Now all we have to do is give him a song.

New song.......
Woooooooah wooooah wooah woah woah Stop Amit Time !
Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 21:56 - Aug 15 with 2018 viewsGloucs_R

Listen.. He's been bought back to head up the push for the LC stadium. Mittal family are massive labour donors. H&C are a labour council. Enough said.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Login to get fewer ads

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 21:58 - Aug 15 with 2014 viewsrsonist

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 20:12 - Aug 15 by 08olesen

Hopefully he can get a cut price on some steel to build a stadium as well. In all seriousness a great thing for the club i reckon. Amit seems to have his head screwed on.

On a side note, #confirmadel

Now you mention it, besides Mittal steel he is deputy chairman of Breedon Group, a construction materials company...
Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 21:58 - Aug 15 with 2010 viewswombat

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 20:43 - Aug 15 by JacksDad

New song.......
Woooooooah wooooah wooah woah woah Stop Amit Time !

Has anyone noticed the new shirt sponsor for this season out of interest . They also have acquired some edge of pitch site advertising boards

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 22:00 - Aug 15 with 2003 viewsCheshireR

Good news.
I'm sure Amit's connections will be of benefit in ongoing discussions to secure a new home at LCS, particularly when dealing with local politicians.
I wonder if this is part of the rationale behind the decision?
Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 22:04 - Aug 15 with 1986 viewsBklynRanger

Hard to predict how much of an impact this will have - nostalgic figurehead or the man who marches us to the promised land over by the Scrubs - who knows? It'll be nice to see him back though for the nostalgia bit alone.
Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 22:28 - Aug 15 with 1920 viewswombat

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 22:04 - Aug 15 by BklynRanger

Hard to predict how much of an impact this will have - nostalgic figurehead or the man who marches us to the promised land over by the Scrubs - who knows? It'll be nice to see him back though for the nostalgia bit alone.

Seems to be some forward placement of companies which would be involved in any new development in the last 6 months or so , amit is also involved in a large if not largest concrete manufacturing company and his father in law owns most of uk steel at present

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 23:04 - Aug 15 with 1847 viewszicoshoops

At the going down of the Sun, and in the morning............

The other fella sp*nked 250 million, and we're still in the shitt'er.

To be honest..................
I'd welcome Donald bastard Duck as Chairman.

What's going on?

We should be told

Sort it out
Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 03:40 - Aug 16 with 1703 viewsisawqpratwcity

Bringing to prominence the Mittals as Labour donors to the local Labour council to encourage approval for LCS, as suggested by Goucs_R and CheshireR above, seems to be the best explanation for this management change to me.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 07:51 - Aug 16 with 1606 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Been off-air since yesterday, so just reading this this morning.

This could be related to the stadium, or the training ground, or anything else. Not sure we'll ever know, and I'm not sure I'm bothered about knowing.

I think this is to be welcomed. Fernandes, through his Twitter, unfortunately derailed the club a couple of times, and shifted supporters' expectations a couple of times, which only heaped pressure on on-field management and off-field management. He had got to the stage, again because of Twitter, where he drove many lunatic QPR fans to distraction and many sane ones to apathy.

This doesn't make him a bad man, but he's certainly one in need of a break.

Amit, we would hope, will bring some positivity, some calm, and lots of fresh enthusiasm. I agree with the poster who said that we would most likely be underestimating the man if we just presumed that he was coming in to take the grief for the other Directors.

A fresh challenge for him, a new era for us, one we will watch with interest but one we should start with open and positive minds.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 09:05 - Aug 16 with 1495 viewsPunteR

I never really believed TF's heart was really in it. Yes he was a nice guy and perhaps he did try his best for the club but his best wasnt good enough. Doesnt matter how we dress it up or look for positives, he was a disaster.
This club was going backwards with him around the club but now with the appointment of Amit i feel a bit more positive about us moving forward.
I think TF's problem was he was trying to run the club like he runs his airline business plus trying to be "transparent" through Twitter just backed fired on him massively. Even though TF came across good in interviews and seemed to know the club i didnt believe he really did know what was going on.I think his running of the airline business took up most of his time plus being a celebrity in Asia.
It will be interesting to see how long Hoos sticks around now as i get the impression TF just left him to it. I dont think Amit Bhatia will be so blase about the running of the club.
Whatever happens i'm happy with the appointment of AB.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 09:16 - Aug 16 with 1479 viewsNW5Hoop

No. No. No.

Never have a song about chairmen. Never. Not about any chairman.
Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 09:26 - Aug 16 with 1452 viewsQPR_John

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 09:05 - Aug 16 by PunteR

I never really believed TF's heart was really in it. Yes he was a nice guy and perhaps he did try his best for the club but his best wasnt good enough. Doesnt matter how we dress it up or look for positives, he was a disaster.
This club was going backwards with him around the club but now with the appointment of Amit i feel a bit more positive about us moving forward.
I think TF's problem was he was trying to run the club like he runs his airline business plus trying to be "transparent" through Twitter just backed fired on him massively. Even though TF came across good in interviews and seemed to know the club i didnt believe he really did know what was going on.I think his running of the airline business took up most of his time plus being a celebrity in Asia.
It will be interesting to see how long Hoos sticks around now as i get the impression TF just left him to it. I dont think Amit Bhatia will be so blase about the running of the club.
Whatever happens i'm happy with the appointment of AB.

While Amit Bhatia becoming chairman as been welcomed by most let's hope it does not lead to Hoos going
Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 09:31 - Aug 16 with 1443 viewsPunteR

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 09:26 - Aug 16 by QPR_John

While Amit Bhatia becoming chairman as been welcomed by most let's hope it does not lead to Hoos going

Agreed.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 09:38 - Aug 16 with 1420 viewsMytch_QPR

To the the tune of 'he's here, he's there (or he's bald, he's bent etc)...

He's young, he's rich,
No doubt the club will now be on a more stable footing both on and off the pitch,
Amit Bhatia, Amit Bhatia!

(to be fair, you do have to sing the second line very quickly).

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 09:38 - Aug 16 with 1417 viewsstevec

Chances are the board finally realised that TF is a busted flush, a man full of promises that never actually happen.

One can't help think that if LCS was going to plan, TF would still be clinging onto the reins.

Good to have Amit back, however temporary.
Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 09:40 - Aug 16 with 1404 viewspaulparker

the way I see it and I could be wrong (more than likely wrong) is that Amit is going to run the good ship QPR through a turbulent season , IF and a big IF we stay up I can see the Mittals buying TF and chums out , maybe in the process re work the FFP fine with the EFL (paying it all off) and we start from scratch again with a decent but sensible transfer budget next season,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 09:47 - Aug 16 with 1384 views2Thomas2Bowles

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 09:40 - Aug 16 by paulparker

the way I see it and I could be wrong (more than likely wrong) is that Amit is going to run the good ship QPR through a turbulent season , IF and a big IF we stay up I can see the Mittals buying TF and chums out , maybe in the process re work the FFP fine with the EFL (paying it all off) and we start from scratch again with a decent but sensible transfer budget next season,

..or the emperor's new clothes.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 09:54 - Aug 16 with 1371 viewsQPR_John

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 09:40 - Aug 16 by paulparker

Let's be realistic here the only thing that matters is a new stadium because under FFP that is the only way forward whether the Mittals buy us or not. Unless of course we tell the FL where they can put FFP and gamble on the PL and staying there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024