Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... 14:51 - Aug 15 with 18423 viewssmuttsontour

[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 15:01]
Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 15:24 - Aug 15 with 3084 viewsqprd

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 15:10 - Aug 15 by Northernr

The key question is who's paying the bills from here on in? Presumably Ruben/Tune still?

I was totally wrong on this. a few days ago when it was mentioned, I said that from a legal perspective, it makes no sense for a 1-2% shareholder to have the clout to become chairman

with that caveat, chairman is somewhat of an overrated position.... decisions at the corporate level get made by a board of directors... it doesn't matter who the chairman is. what matters is who controls the majority of the board of directors. it just so happens to be that the chairman typically is the one who controls the majority of the board.

so for instance, if QPR's board is made up 5 people and ruben has nominated 3, amit has nominated 1 and tony has nominated 1, at the end of the day, ruben still has the power

unless the mittal consortium is going to increase its stake in the club and accordingly get more board representation, it doesn't seem that Amit really is the power broker

personally, this just seems like good PR for the club since Amit is very popular with the fans. ruben doesn't like to be front and center, so hes probably happy with the arrangement. and for tony, maybe hes just tired of being the figurehead who takes the constant abuse
[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 15:26]
Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 15:25 - Aug 15 with 3070 viewsFDC

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 15:19 - Aug 15 by daveB

Similar to what club did when he was appointed before, they know he is popular so make him the face of the club and move the others into the background.

Fernandes can't convey the message about building and cutting costs without people pointing out he created this mess so hopefully the same message will work from a different voice.

Wonder when Warnock comes back as manager then, I reckon November 14th just after we lose to Brentford

People are going to absolutely lose their shit when we bring Taarabt in on loan.
Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 15:26 - Aug 15 with 3052 viewsmakaveli1882

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 15:17 - Aug 15 by peejaybee

Is it really of interest to anyone.????????????????????

Well it is when his father in law is Lakshmi Mittal and has a net worth of 19 billion US dollars and we are in debt and cant buy or loan anyone who is under 35.

Very odd
Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 15:27 - Aug 15 with 3041 viewsHarbour

Good Luck Amit think he will be a good chairman. Hopefully TF will lay off Twitter in QPR related matters now...
Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 15:28 - Aug 15 with 3029 viewsMick_S

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 15:25 - Aug 15 by FDC

People are going to absolutely lose their shit when we bring Taarabt in on loan.

Well, he is only 29 years old.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 15:31 - Aug 15 with 2968 viewsPinnerPaul

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 15:17 - Aug 15 by peejaybee

Is it really of interest to anyone.????????????????????

To those who can't stand any sort of good news it is!
Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 15:34 - Aug 15 with 2940 views2Thomas2Bowles

Deckchairs
Titanic

Fernandes jumps in a lifeboat dressed as a woman.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 15:37]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 15:35 - Aug 15 with 2934 viewsPinnerPaul

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 15:26 - Aug 15 by makaveli1882

Well it is when his father in law is Lakshmi Mittal and has a net worth of 19 billion US dollars and we are in debt and cant buy or loan anyone who is under 35.

Very odd

That's the same guy who has 2% of the shares.

I don't know how many times I have to say this but the Mittals have had numerous opportunities/time to take control in terms of £s/shareholding and haven't.

Why people continually think they will after all this time is beyond me.
Login to get fewer ads

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 15:43 - Aug 15 with 2863 viewsisawqpratwcity

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 15:24 - Aug 15 by qprd

I was totally wrong on this. a few days ago when it was mentioned, I said that from a legal perspective, it makes no sense for a 1-2% shareholder to have the clout to become chairman

with that caveat, chairman is somewhat of an overrated position.... decisions at the corporate level get made by a board of directors... it doesn't matter who the chairman is. what matters is who controls the majority of the board of directors. it just so happens to be that the chairman typically is the one who controls the majority of the board.

so for instance, if QPR's board is made up 5 people and ruben has nominated 3, amit has nominated 1 and tony has nominated 1, at the end of the day, ruben still has the power

unless the mittal consortium is going to increase its stake in the club and accordingly get more board representation, it doesn't seem that Amit really is the power broker

personally, this just seems like good PR for the club since Amit is very popular with the fans. ruben doesn't like to be front and center, so hes probably happy with the arrangement. and for tony, maybe hes just tired of being the figurehead who takes the constant abuse
[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 15:26]

You're right, but why have a chairman who doesn't represent the majority shareholding of the club?

I get that AB is popular (though I'm not really sure why), but Ruben has to be making the decisions on the basis of ownership and ongoing funding.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 15:50 - Aug 15 with 2790 viewsJuzzie

Good move, hope it goes well. Should have happened in the summer of 2011 but the orange tw@t stopped it from happening. I'd think we'd be in a different & better place now had it been so.

I don't think Ruben/Tony have any less desire for the club than Amit but seems to me they have too many other distractions, especially abroad, keeping them from giving the amount of time to the club it requires.
Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 15:51 - Aug 15 with 2759 viewsAntti_Heinola

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 15:25 - Aug 15 by FDC

#confirmadel

Bare bones.

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 15:52 - Aug 15 with 2752 viewsQPR_John

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 15:26 - Aug 15 by makaveli1882

Very odd

Don't think any of that money would come our way even if the Mittals were inclined to do so. FFP has put paid to that
Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 15:56 - Aug 15 with 2703 viewsJuzzie

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 15:52 - Aug 15 by QPR_John

Don't think any of that money would come our way even if the Mittals were inclined to do so. FFP has put paid to that

We could always just go bat-shit crazy in the transfer market and pay off any fines like it was monopoly money.

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 16:01 - Aug 15 with 2622 viewskensalriser

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 15:51 - Aug 15 by Antti_Heinola

#confirmadel

Not in Genoa's squad for this season.

#bringhimhome

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 16:02 - Aug 15 with 2614 viewsYorkRanger

Pretty underwhelmed by this. Nothing against Amit, but the shareholding is unchanged as are the challenges the club faces day to day; FFP, transfer embargo, training ground, new stadium etc.

Granted Amit is a popular face, hence to me smacks of little more than a PR stunt.
Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 16:07 - Aug 15 with 2557 viewsR_from_afar

I think this is good move, for many reasons, not least of which is that Tony must surely have had enough of constantly taking the flak for *anything* which goes wrong whilst receiving virtually no recognition for any positives. Yes, I know he has made many mistakes, but even so...

It will hopefully also give some relief - at least for a while - to those fans who are tiring and despairing of seeing one of our owners being relentlessly harangued.

A reason for the move which Tony gives is that Bhatia is based in the UK.

Tony also says that he - Tony- remains a committed shareholder and co-owner.

Please let's not expect too much of Bhatia too soon.

Positive stuff, me like!

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 16:10 - Aug 15 with 2504 viewsrsonist

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 16:02 - Aug 15 by YorkRanger

Pretty underwhelmed by this. Nothing against Amit, but the shareholding is unchanged as are the challenges the club faces day to day; FFP, transfer embargo, training ground, new stadium etc.

Granted Amit is a popular face, hence to me smacks of little more than a PR stunt.

You'd have to say a worthwhile PR stunt though seeing how many idiots it's got celebrating.
Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 16:16 - Aug 15 with 2442 viewsMyke

Always good to have a popular figure fronting up the club. It negates the unpopularity ( in many people's eyes) of replacing Holloway with McClaren. Lets hope this positivity can be transferred into results and we can kick on. Financially, it makes no difference at all
Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 16:20 - Aug 15 with 2410 viewsDejR_vu

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 15:11 - Aug 15 by FDC

It's just shuffling round the chairs isn't it?

It looks that way, and all the problems created by the other incumbents are still with us and will be for years. Shame he's only human!

The most encouraging thing is that he is still interested enough to take the job on. If he had lost interest he wouldn't have come back, so it's got to be good news. He'll run the club sensibly, but have the credibility that the other owners don't have even though they have been running it sensibly over the last couple of years as well. He can deliver messages that the fans wouldn't accept from the others. And, whilst he's here and involved, there's always a chance he might want to get more involved if the opportunity arises.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 16:26 - Aug 15 with 2373 viewsterryb

And the best of luck to Amit.

Of course, this changes nothing as far as our ownership is concerned, but ten years ago we found out he has an understanding of football.

Providing it fits within his remit, I would think that he will be the main decision maker. I certainly hope so!
Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 16:28 - Aug 15 with 2363 viewsR_from_afar

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 16:01 - Aug 15 by kensalriser

Not in Genoa's squad for this season.

#bringhimhome

Tarbs is contracted to Benfica until 2020 but has never played for their first team and there appears to be no prospect of that. Amiens, Bursaspor and Fenerbahce have all been linked with him recently.

How do I know all this? Either:

A - I will be ghost-writing his autobiography as soon as I finish my current book ("101 branches of WH Smith to see before you die")
or
B - I looked on Twitter

RFA
[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 16:40]

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 16:33 - Aug 15 with 2316 views2Thomas2Bowles

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 16:20 - Aug 15 by DejR_vu

It looks that way, and all the problems created by the other incumbents are still with us and will be for years. Shame he's only human!

The most encouraging thing is that he is still interested enough to take the job on. If he had lost interest he wouldn't have come back, so it's got to be good news. He'll run the club sensibly, but have the credibility that the other owners don't have even though they have been running it sensibly over the last couple of years as well. He can deliver messages that the fans wouldn't accept from the others. And, whilst he's here and involved, there's always a chance he might want to get more involved if the opportunity arises.

What do you mean run the club, he is not putting money in so won't have much say and so really it's just an honorary title

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 16:35 - Aug 15 with 2284 viewsNorthernr

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 16:33 - Aug 15 by 2Thomas2Bowles

What do you mean run the club, he is not putting money in so won't have much say and so really it's just an honorary title

The club say he's 'running it day to day'.
Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 16:36 - Aug 15 with 2276 viewsMedwayR

This is probably just PR, but it may also be that the Mitalls are prepared to put money into the club again to increase their shareholding now that it is being run sensibly, after all they stopped putting money in because of the losses racked up by Fernandes' decisions, now that's been sorted perhaps their willing to get more involved again and give Ruben a break from funding the club.

Poll: Who’s better?

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 16:41 - Aug 15 with 2224 views2Thomas2Bowles

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 16:35 - Aug 15 by Northernr

The club say he's 'running it day to day'.

Yeah, it's like the lollypop lady runs the zebra crossing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024