Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... 14:51 - Aug 15 with 18428 viewssmuttsontour

[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 15:01]
Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 16:48 - Aug 15 with 2547 viewsPinnerPaul

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 16:41 - Aug 15 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Yeah, it's like the lollypop lady runs the zebra crossing.

OK then, I'll bite - what would be your ideal, but realistic, scenario re ownership/stewardship of the club?
Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 16:48 - Aug 15 with 2546 viewshook_hoops

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 16:28 - Aug 15 by R_from_afar

Tarbs is contracted to Benfica until 2020 but has never played for their first team and there appears to be no prospect of that. Amiens, Bursaspor and Fenerbahce have all been linked with him recently.

How do I know all this? Either:

A - I will be ghost-writing his autobiography as soon as I finish my current book ("101 branches of WH Smith to see before you die")
or
B - I looked on Twitter

RFA
[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 16:40]

Yes, he’s contracted to Benfica “B” but not in their playing squad. I suspect they would be very happy to terminate his contract “by mutual consent”. Shows just how far his stock has fallen, and self inflicted sadly.
Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 16:49 - Aug 15 with 2544 viewsLythamR

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 15:14 - Aug 15 by Northernr

Nor would we really want them to while we've got outstanding debt and fines that they ran up that need paying. They continue to fund the club and its losses while Amit runs it day to day is what I assume this is, and that could be good.

Indeed
The Mittals has shown no appetite for funding the losses which is why they only have a little stake now

I see this as being positive and it could even pave the way for a real transfer of power in the future, we await the next episode of QPR the Soap with anticipation
Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 16:57 - Aug 15 with 2499 viewsNorthernr

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 16:41 - Aug 15 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Does that even, actually, make any sense?
Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 16:58 - Aug 15 with 2491 viewsAgedR

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 16:33 - Aug 15 by 2Thomas2Bowles

What do you mean run the club, he is not putting money in so won't have much say and so really it's just an honorary title

Having a minor shareholder (or non-shareholder) as chairman is a very sensible move in my opinion and a much strong corporate governance structure.

I’d venture that the chair is much more than a purely honorary position. It is normal for a chair to set the overall high level strategy of an organisation, with the CEO responsible for its implementation; so his relationship with Hoos will be key.

He’ll then be directly answerable to the shareholders.

As I say, while the ownership is unchanged, I think this structure is much more likely to succeed than when Tony (a more significant shareholder was chair.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 17:00 - Aug 15 with 2480 viewsTacticalR

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 16:36 - Aug 15 by MedwayR

This is probably just PR, but it may also be that the Mitalls are prepared to put money into the club again to increase their shareholding now that it is being run sensibly, after all they stopped putting money in because of the losses racked up by Fernandes' decisions, now that's been sorted perhaps their willing to get more involved again and give Ruben a break from funding the club.

Yes, it will be interesting to see if this is purely cosmetic or the prelude to some larger changing of the guard.

Air hostess clique

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 17:12 - Aug 15 with 2380 viewsessextaxiboy

Actually they do ...

Under UK law it is an offence for a motorist not to stop if signalled to do so by a patroller. In the past patrollers only had the authority to stop the traffic for children. However, the Transport Act 2000 changed the law so that a patroller had the authority to stop the traffic for any pedestrian.

Very pleased with Amits appointment.....
Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 17:14 - Aug 15 with 2360 views2Thomas2Bowles

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 16:57 - Aug 15 by Northernr

Does that even, actually, make any sense?

Makes you feel safe without really doing much

Also reminds me of the Italian waiter making Bill Power chairman, that was just for the "fans" that ended well...

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Login to get fewer ads

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 17:18 - Aug 15 with 2344 viewsPinnerPaul

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 17:14 - Aug 15 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Makes you feel safe without really doing much

Also reminds me of the Italian waiter making Bill Power chairman, that was just for the "fans" that ended well...

and so what IS your ideal scenario for the 'top' table then?
Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 17:23 - Aug 15 with 2275 views2Thomas2Bowles

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 17:18 - Aug 15 by PinnerPaul

Other than changing the names on the chairs, what difference does this make ? control is still going to be with the major owners.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 17:25 - Aug 15 with 2270 viewsDejR_vu

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 17:00 - Aug 15 by TacticalR

Yes, it will be interesting to see if this is purely cosmetic or the prelude to some larger changing of the guard.

There's undoubtedly a very large element of PR in this, but I think we'd be doing Amit a disservice if it was assumed he's just here to take the eggs in the face that were aimed at the others.

If Tony & co wanted a struggling Championship club that's what they would have bought and saved themselves a quarter of a billion £ in the process. What they have isn't what they want, so for all the talk of commitment, building, patience, I can't see how their interest isn't waning. When they decide to go I think, given the club's unique issues with stadium/location etc, you'll be able to count on the fingers of a fifth of one hand the number of credible buyers in the queue. To have any sort of chance we would need someone who has an emotional connection with the club.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 17:25 - Aug 15 with 2264 viewsbarbicanranger

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 15:35 - Aug 15 by PinnerPaul

That's the same guy who has 2% of the shares.

I don't know how many times I have to say this but the Mittals have had numerous opportunities/time to take control in terms of £s/shareholding and haven't.

Why people continually think they will after all this time is beyond me.

I think they were seriously interested in the summer of '11 and it probably would have happened. However, they are also savvy investors and they weren't going to be drawn in to a bidding war with Tony and Ruben when they came in, besides Flavio & Co owned the shares being sold and so were entitled to sell to the highest bidder.

I used to hold out hope that Amit and Co would take full ownership but I sense Ruben and Tony are here for the long-term (and I'm not so sure that will be a bad thing or as volatile as it has been to date in the fullness of time). I don't dislike them, Tony has made some big mistakes but anyone can see his heart is in the right place, Ruben seems much like Amit to me; a quiet, unassuming guy maybe even more so than Amit. Hopefully they will continue to learn and get things right over the long term.

The fact that Amit has been given this role shows more than anything that he is still respected and has a good relationship with Tony and Ruben as majority s/holders, which can only be a good thing for The Club as he seems to be universally liked and respected by supporters and he has been there longer. As others say, it sounds like there could also be a strategic play with this appointment related to the stadium development.
Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 17:26 - Aug 15 with 2257 viewsDorse

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 17:18 - Aug 15 by PinnerPaul

Maybe not this one:

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 17:30 - Aug 15 with 2222 viewsessextaxiboy

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 17:23 - Aug 15 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Other than changing the names on the chairs, what difference does this make ? control is still going to be with the major owners.

This is obviously true ,

Unless this is a first step to a full takeover by an Amit led consortium, Tune Group are not going to pay the bills (and the fines) without ultimately calling the shots .

It just feels like , with Amit running the club day to day we wont get the knee jerk reactions that we have had from TF . If he could get Sakshena back in to play a role even better IMO
Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 17:34 - Aug 15 with 2197 viewsqprd

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 16:35 - Aug 15 by Northernr

The club say he's 'running it day to day'.

Yeah, i'm not sure what the club means there

Typically, the management (i.e., CEO, director of football, coo, cfo) run the day-to-day operations of any business, including a football club. The chairman and board run the high-level stuff (i.e., changing managers, creating the annual budget, crafting a long-term strategy).

Tony was the chairman, but he hardly ran the day to day operations. its just not part of the role

take a look at amit's instragram. between the cushy life as a socialite traveling the world and whatever odd projects he has on, does anyone really believe he has the time and interest to deal with the day to day? do we really think he's going to be in the weeds on where ilias chair gets loaned, the number of stewards on match day or the prices of pies at the stadium?
Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 17:35 - Aug 15 with 2182 viewssmegma

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 15:08 - Aug 15 by boysfromthebush

Brilliant news!

Give it a month and fans will be on Amits case.
Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 17:37 - Aug 15 with 2164 viewsDWQPR

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 15:35 - Aug 15 by PinnerPaul

That's the same guy who has 2% of the shares.

I don't know how many times I have to say this but the Mittals have had numerous opportunities/time to take control in terms of £s/shareholding and haven't.

Why people continually think they will after all this time is beyond me.

Ecclestone after the promotion season pulled out of a deal with Mittal as Ecclestone suddenly wanted more for his share of the club. Mittal refused to pay the extra and then the deal feel to bits with Ecclestone refusing to sell to Mittal. Hence Fernandes being sweet talked by Ecclestone into over paying for the club. Who knows where we would be now if that deal had been agreed.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 17:47 - Aug 15 with 2099 viewsCaptainPugwash

Arrrrrrrrrrr....
We be becalmed in the Bay o' Biscay when we gets the flag message.So I puts up...

!

Yo ho!
Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 17:49 - Aug 15 with 2090 viewsTacticalR

Farewell then, Chairman Tony.
When you arrived everyone said you were astute.
Then everyone said you were naive.
Then you said you were all about sustainability.
But it seems you can no longer sustain your role.

E. J. Thribb

Air hostess clique

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 17:51 - Aug 15 with 2078 viewsPinnerPaul

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 17:37 - Aug 15 by DWQPR

Ecclestone after the promotion season pulled out of a deal with Mittal as Ecclestone suddenly wanted more for his share of the club. Mittal refused to pay the extra and then the deal feel to bits with Ecclestone refusing to sell to Mittal. Hence Fernandes being sweet talked by Ecclestone into over paying for the club. Who knows where we would be now if that deal had been agreed.

Yes but given the wealth of L Mittall they could have taken over anytime they liked and still could.
Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 17:52 - Aug 15 with 2070 viewssmegma

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 17:26 - Aug 15 by Dorse

Maybe not this one:

An early Bauhaus design ???
Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 17:58 - Aug 15 with 2025 viewsWatfordR

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 16:36 - Aug 15 by MedwayR

This is probably just PR, but it may also be that the Mitalls are prepared to put money into the club again to increase their shareholding now that it is being run sensibly, after all they stopped putting money in because of the losses racked up by Fernandes' decisions, now that's been sorted perhaps their willing to get more involved again and give Ruben a break from funding the club.

I think the interesting question to consider is, why would Amit agree to do this given he represents such a small shareholding.

Off the top of my head, I can think of three possible reasons:

1. Because he thinks he is helping out the club by doing so
2. Because its part of some greater "deal" (not necessarily QPR related) between the Mittals and the majority shareholders, and it's a bit part PR favour to TF/Ruben/Tune
3. Because it's the start of a renewed interest by the Mittals in the club (and of course whatever property deals may come as part of the club's future).

I think the first possibility isn't as fanciful as it may sound. Having met Amit a few times when I (very briefly!) represented LFW at some fans meetings, I don't think I was alone in feeling that he had been "bitten by the bug" for the club. Of course he is a little older and wiser now. I know he has fronted up before for Flav and co, but that was back when the Mittals were more significant shareholders, and it's hard to imagine he'd be putting himself in the firing line with fans while having little or no say about what is being done by Tune and co.

The third option would I think be great for us going forward, and I think Medway's thoughts probably echo my own quite closely. I have no idea how the second option might impact us.

Thoughts?

Anyone else
Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 18:04 - Aug 15 with 1985 viewsJuzzie

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 17:51 - Aug 15 by PinnerPaul

Yes but given the wealth of L Mittall they could have taken over anytime they liked and still could.

Maybe Bernie just simply didn't want to sell to them. He's rich enough to turn down any silly offer.

[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 18:04]
Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 18:11 - Aug 15 with 1933 viewstimcocking

All sounds good, fingers crossed.

Thanks for everything Tony, greatly appreciated, wont be forgotten and i blame you for nothing.
Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 18:12 - Aug 15 with 1931 viewsTacticalR

Fernandes/Reuben gone - Bhatia new Chairman... on 18:04 - Aug 15 by Juzzie

Maybe Bernie just simply didn't want to sell to them. He's rich enough to turn down any silly offer.

[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 18:04]

This is Bower's account of why Ecclestone didn't sell to Mittal:
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/members/queensparkrangers/forum/194954/bernie-the-

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024