Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goals you've missed 15:42 - Aug 15 with 2808 viewsFDC

Lighting a candle for Danny Paddox, who is in our thoughts after missing both goals last night.

Which goals did you miss by being late to the ground, or by trying to sneak another ale in at half time?

I missed Taarabt's first minute goal at Oakwell in 2011 because I got to the turnstile and realised I'd spent all my money in the pub. I heard the cheer from the cash point down the road.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 16:09]
Goals you've missed on 16:02 - Aug 15 with 2724 viewsMick_S

My brother missed the comeback against Newcastle because he got the ache and decided to train it back to Northolt.

He arrived home just as the Grandstand typewriter flashed up the 5-5.

#candle for Danny.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Goals you've missed on 17:04 - Aug 15 with 2605 viewsMetallica_Hoop

QPR 1 Skoke 0 about 7 years ago. We had a sunday game I the played first half, left goal at half time was running up Ellerslie in my football kit as I heard a goal scored...

And that was that in a fkin god awful game. Wish I'd stayed in goal.

Plus I had to sit there in full kit (not ours) like a day care release.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Goals you've missed on 17:31 - Aug 15 with 2555 viewssmegma

PLenty walked out at half time at Port Vale one Sunday afternoon. Some were still leaving during the second half as well.
Goals you've missed on 17:34 - Aug 15 with 2542 viewsNorthernr

Goals you've missed on 17:31 - Aug 15 by smegma

PLenty walked out at half time at Port Vale one Sunday afternoon. Some were still leaving during the second half as well.

Yeh left on 85. Thought it was pretty safe at 4-1!
Goals you've missed on 18:01 - Aug 15 with 2493 viewsMyke

I 'walked out' on the Brentford last season. Switched off the telly in disgust as we headed into injury time 2-0 down
Goals you've missed on 18:09 - Aug 15 with 2475 viewsSnipper

I missed Cisse’s goal in our 6-1 defeat to Chelsea. I was having a slash and heard a big cheer. Me and another geezer in there thought we’d gone 7-0 down.

Oh how I celebrated. Not !!
Goals you've missed on 18:22 - Aug 15 with 2453 viewsted_hendrix

Goals you've missed on 17:31 - Aug 15 by smegma

We didn't leave until the end, remember we started to sing sign him up sign him up to their right back who's game went completely tits up after we scored our first goal, mayhem went the fourth went in.
One thing about that game after half time port fail scored a perfectly legit 5th goal which would have put us 5-0 down but it was disallowed, the ref probably disallowed the goal out of sympathy.

We turned up late one evening for a league cup game against Leeds and missed the KO, we were struggling to buy tickets when we heard a huge roar, great I thought 1-0 up then we heard another huge roar brilliant I thought 2-0 up, bollx, It was Leeds who were very quickly 2-0 up their fans had turned up for a mid-week game en-masse to be fair to the bastards they were everywhere in the ground.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Goals you've missed on 19:07 - Aug 15 with 2378 viewsrrrspricey

Plenty of you at Pride Park in 2010.

Would've done the same if hadn't been for my dear departed Dad who always wanted to wait for the masses to leave first!
Login to get fewer ads

Goals you've missed on 19:25 - Aug 15 with 2342 viewsHayesender

I left pride park at 2-0 down in the 89th minute. I actually wasn't gonna leave, but all my group left so I reluctantly followed.

Didn't know whether to celebrate or commit suicide when we got back to the pub to find out it was 2-2

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Goals you've missed on 20:09 - Aug 15 with 2271 viewsthame_hoops

A couple of Jamie Cuertons screamers vs Cov, a midweek game and problems at swakeleys, got to the ground at HT
Goals you've missed on 20:15 - Aug 15 with 2264 viewsenfieldargh

Goals you've missed on 19:25 - Aug 15 by Hayesender

I left pride park at 2-0 down in the 89th minute. I actually wasn't gonna leave, but all my group left so I reluctantly followed.

Didn't know whether to celebrate or commit suicide when we got back to the pub to find out it was 2-2

I think I followed you out

My daughter hadnt stopped nagging is it finished yet from 10 mins onwards

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Goals you've missed on 21:09 - Aug 15 with 2192 viewsE17hoop

Macca's equaliser vs Man U in the first replay in 89. Thought we'd get nothing when they took the lead in ET and wanted to get away quick.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Goals you've missed on 22:35 - Aug 15 with 2092 viewsLblock

Six of 'em

Guess who against... Easter time in the 80's

I was about 15 I think, on it the night before.

GUTTED TO THIS DAY

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Goals you've missed on 03:09 - Aug 16 with 2023 viewsPlanetHonneywood

St. James' Park, October 1993. (Newcastle v. QPR)

Lived in Brighton at the time, so bit of a trek. Got in late and woke up in my clothes at 07:30 (the time I was supposed to be actually on a train out of Brighton). Huge hangover, felt like crap, but somehow, I joined chums on a train out of London just after 9am.

Drank all the way up, continued in Newcastle, got to the game. Huge Rs contingent up there...bladder pushing on.

Went for a pee, huge roar. Not because of quality aiming by me, but Bradley Allen had put us one-up. They equalised, saw that one.

Second half. Went for a pee, huge roar. Not because of quality aiming by me, but Sir Les had put us two-one up.

It was a great game: Les was imperious, Wilkins bossed it, Macca a colossus and Big Jan saved a penalty at the death.

Not that I saw our goals, because I was too busy occupied with my schlong in my hand.

Long way to go for a couple of gypsy's kisses, but I was later informed, we won 2-1. Apparently.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Goals you've missed on 11:25 - Aug 16 with 1910 viewsfrancisbowles

Oh Where to start!

Middlesboro 5-0 was driving to work the next morning and heard the score. Didn't have a season ticket in those days, just came when work allowed and I had completely missed the fact we had a game.

The Palace stay up game, I was flying to the states and I asked the pilots to find out the score for me. When they told me I thought it was a wind up.

The six nil win, I was in Abu Dhabi and when the Gulf times or whatever was pushed under the door, I looked at the score. Thought it was a misprint.

There are others which I will struggle to remember but Diakite's sending off against Fulham, I arrived late and we were losing and down to ten men.

The best one though was about 1974/5 I think, around Christmas. Stamford Bridge, old North Bank, afraid to say much as loads of scum looking for trouble went for a burger at ht 0-0, by the time I had queued and got back we had scored twice but I did see the third
to top of a great 3-0 win, the first of a few I saw there in those days.
Goals you've missed on 11:52 - Aug 16 with 1859 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Goals you've missed on 11:25 - Aug 16 by francisbowles

Oh Where to start!

Middlesboro 5-0 was driving to work the next morning and heard the score. Didn't have a season ticket in those days, just came when work allowed and I had completely missed the fact we had a game.

The Palace stay up game, I was flying to the states and I asked the pilots to find out the score for me. When they told me I thought it was a wind up.

The six nil win, I was in Abu Dhabi and when the Gulf times or whatever was pushed under the door, I looked at the score. Thought it was a misprint.

There are others which I will struggle to remember but Diakite's sending off against Fulham, I arrived late and we were losing and down to ten men.

The best one though was about 1974/5 I think, around Christmas. Stamford Bridge, old North Bank, afraid to say much as loads of scum looking for trouble went for a burger at ht 0-0, by the time I had queued and got back we had scored twice but I did see the third

Crickey fella, have you ever actually seen us score in the flesh?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Goals you've missed on 12:00 - Aug 16 with 1843 viewsDannyPaddox

Have you ever missed half a goal? Selhurst Park a few years ago. Early KO they've put three past us in the first half hour. Poor Darnell in his second or third game is being roasted by Bolaisse or Zaha or whoever. I'm sitting in the stand and by now can't bring myself to watch anymore. I'm blathering on about where to buy the best halloumi in London or obscure Czech cinema or the size of Reece Greco-Cox's ears and my mate nudges my arm and says, "This looks interesting." I look up to see the ball sailing high over the Crystal Palace half in an inevitable goal bound trajectory. WTF? Was that a goal kick? I still don't feel like I saw that goal. The goal of the season.

Btw: Thanks for candles (scented? - fried onion and omniturf?) and all the messages of support
Goals you've missed on 12:05 - Aug 16 with 1827 viewsFDC

Goals you've missed on 12:00 - Aug 16 by DannyPaddox

Have you ever missed half a goal? Selhurst Park a few years ago. Early KO they've put three past us in the first half hour. Poor Darnell in his second or third game is being roasted by Bolaisse or Zaha or whoever. I'm sitting in the stand and by now can't bring myself to watch anymore. I'm blathering on about where to buy the best halloumi in London or obscure Czech cinema or the size of Reece Greco-Cox's ears and my mate nudges my arm and says, "This looks interesting." I look up to see the ball sailing high over the Crystal Palace half in an inevitable goal bound trajectory. WTF? Was that a goal kick? I still don't feel like I saw that goal. The goal of the season.

Btw: Thanks for candles (scented? - fried onion and omniturf?) and all the messages of support

Not half a goal exactly, but:

I went to watch England play Poland in their qualifier in 1993 with my dad, my first visit to Wembley. When Les scored on 5 minutes it was partly obscured by the post and I thought it was Ian Wright who scored and couldn't work out why my dad was so excited until quite a while afterwards.
Goals you've missed on 12:10 - Aug 16 with 1807 viewspaulparker

missed the 2 goals against Preston when Ainsworth had come on and changed the game

missed the david hirst equaliser when we drew 1-1 with Wednesday(Wilkins chip)

missed the gary Thompson equaliser against Soton , 91 maybe ?

missed the last goal against Forest in the milk cup in 86

nearly missed the opening penalty against Norwich when I stayed for a cheeky scotch with Disco at 5 to 3 in the Aderlaide

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Goals you've missed on 12:32 - Aug 16 with 1760 viewsMoonshineSteve

Goals you've missed on 12:00 - Aug 16 by DannyPaddox

Marco Van Nygaard's screamer against Leicester.

Had had a really nice day, drinking on the train with friends, nice pub in Leicester, drinking with other friends we met there etc etc. Sat in the nice comfy seat and fell asleep. Was woken by a cheer just in time to see the ball hit the net; because he'd shot from so far out I'd had time to wake up and register what was going on just in time to see the actual goal.

Saw the shot on TV later. It was pretty good.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Goals you've missed on 12:34 - Aug 16 with 1748 viewsMick_S

I missed a few one day in 1986.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Goals you've missed on 16:09 - Aug 16 with 1607 viewsfrancisbowles

Goals you've missed on 11:25 - Aug 16 by francisbowles

Oh Where to start!

Ha Ha! Yes a few. I was there for the 8-2 v Sheff Wednesday, 8-1 v Crewe, 6-1 v West Ham (I think I missed their goal though, whilst queuing to get in) and the Clive Allen debut hattrick.

My first game was a 5-2 v Birmingham with a Rodney hattrick.

Edit oops meant to reply to PlanetHollywood, not myself!
[Post edited 16 Aug 2018 17:08]
Goals you've missed on 16:39 - Aug 16 with 1572 viewsCammington

Not missed as such, not in the flesh at least, but I had stay late at work for the 3-2 Liverpool Jamie Mackie man crush match.

Watching on a dodgy as hell stream, Dirk Kuyt makes it 2-0 around 75 minutes, that's my cue to shutdown and go home. I hop on the central line at Shepherds Bush and realise Glenn Roeder is sitting opposite me. Asked him what he thought of that disappointment only for him to tell me that we were 3-2 up! Sat there for the rest of the journey in a weird mix of bewilderment, joy and anger!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024