Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manning 14:15 - Aug 16 with 14198 viewskingo

Looks like he is out on loan to Rotherham. Always liked Ryan as he gets a goal or two. But if he isn't in the manager's plans this season, perhaps 40 games under his belt might help him for the future.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Manning on 14:18 - Aug 16 with 5645 viewsHooped_Pullie

If this is true, I hope there's a decent recall option, because surely we'll be needing him ?

Manning on 14:19 - Aug 16 with 5637 viewsDando

Manning on 14:18 - Aug 16 by Hooped_Pullie

If this is true, I hope there's a decent recall option, because surely we'll be needing him ?

Seems odd, rather loan out cousins. Manning could arguably get into our lineup. Not sure why we are strengthening a rival
Manning on 14:19 - Aug 16 with 5629 viewsaston_hoop

Shouldn't we be seeing Rotherham as a relegation rival this season anyway? shouldn't be helping them out regardless of the fact that I think he has a very useful role to play this season. makes no sense.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Manning on 14:22 - Aug 16 with 5601 viewskingo

Manning on 14:19 - Aug 16 by aston_hoop

Shouldn't we be seeing Rotherham as a relegation rival this season anyway? shouldn't be helping them out regardless of the fact that I think he has a very useful role to play this season. makes no sense.

The thinking is probably that he will be an important and vital member of their side, who will be missed when they play us as we will hopefully have a clause saying he can't play against his parent club.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Manning on 14:27 - Aug 16 with 5550 viewsozexile

Bizarre decision if we loan him out. Why loan out a player who would either start or be first replacement. We really make some odd decisions at times.
Manning on 14:29 - Aug 16 with 5533 viewsDando

I wonder if this means another midfielder on loan is imminent? Just cant really understand this one unless hes asked to go in order to get games. This year is a huge challenge, yet we are loaning out one of out better players to a team who surely will be a potential relegation rival
Manning on 14:30 - Aug 16 with 5523 viewsaston_hoop

Official now

Manning on 14:32 - Aug 16 with 5511 viewsbrad

this is crazy......WE NEED HIM........a good option who can score from midfield....let off cousins on loan.....rotherham??.....we might be fighting them yet in a relagation battle....makes no sence.....give him a chance in the team.......crazy crazy stuff!!!
Login to get fewer ads

Manning on 14:33 - Aug 16 with 5487 viewsCamberleyR

Manning on 14:29 - Aug 16 by Dando

I wonder if this means another midfielder on loan is imminent? Just cant really understand this one unless hes asked to go in order to get games. This year is a huge challenge, yet we are loaning out one of out better players to a team who surely will be a potential relegation rival

There's been talk of McClaren being after Thorne, one of his old Derby charges.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Manning on 14:37 - Aug 16 with 5447 viewsNorthernr

Livening up the 'find three teams worse than us' game for this season by strengthening one of the candidates.
Manning on 14:39 - Aug 16 with 5420 viewssimmo

40 odd games will help him massively and make him a better player for us in 6-12 months, much better than staying and playing 20mins here and there or the odd game. Don't think it's a coincidence he's gone to Rotherham as it's likely they were the team guaranteeing 1st team football for him.

That being said, he's a great option to have in the squad, plays a number of positions, scores the odd goal, takes a good set piece... I hope we have the option to recall in Jan if we need him.

Also wonder if this confirms that McClaren sees Hall as a DM rather than a CB...

DM: Scowen / Hall
CM: Luongo / Cousins
AM: Eze / Freeman / Chair

EDIT: We can recall him. Also it's hard to disagree with the logic here;

Director of football Ferdinand explained to www.qpr.co.uk: "We've certainly got high hopes for Ryan in terms of his future at QPR.

"However, unfortunately, he's not in the team on a regular basis at the moment, due to how well the current midfield have performed.

"We feel it's in the best interests of both QPR and Ryan for him to go out and get game time on a more-consistent basis - playing Championship football at the same time, too."

Manager McClaren added: "I think it's part of every young player's development to go out on loan and experience something different - different environments, different cultures and different ways of playing.

"This season, because of Josh Scowen, Mass Luongo, Luke Freeman and Ebere Eze, his chances have been limited so far. So we had to make a decision - whether to keep Ryan in the squad and him not play much, or get him more games out on loan.

"Sometimes as managers and coaches, we want to keep all of our players. But I think the benefits of this loan move will far outweigh keeping Ryan here for the moment.

"We'll definitely be keeping an eye on Ryan and wish him success at Rotherham. We hope he plays well and comes back an even-better player."
[Post edited 16 Aug 2018 14:41]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Manning on 14:39 - Aug 16 with 5423 viewsaston_hoop

Manning on 14:33 - Aug 16 by CamberleyR

There's been talk of McClaren being after Thorne, one of his old Derby charges.

To be fair, Thorne is an exceptional player for the 2 weeks a year that he is fit.

Manning on 14:43 - Aug 16 with 5379 viewsWatford_Ranger

He’s the best player to replace any of Scowen, Luongo or Bidwell, one of whom will inevitably be injured or suspended at some point while suddenly making Cousins first in line. Utterly bizarre.
Manning on 14:48 - Aug 16 with 5318 viewsDando

Manning on 14:39 - Aug 16 by simmo

40 odd games will help him massively and make him a better player for us in 6-12 months, much better than staying and playing 20mins here and there or the odd game. Don't think it's a coincidence he's gone to Rotherham as it's likely they were the team guaranteeing 1st team football for him.

That being said, he's a great option to have in the squad, plays a number of positions, scores the odd goal, takes a good set piece... I hope we have the option to recall in Jan if we need him.

Also wonder if this confirms that McClaren sees Hall as a DM rather than a CB...

DM: Scowen / Hall
CM: Luongo / Cousins
AM: Eze / Freeman / Chair

EDIT: We can recall him. Also it's hard to disagree with the logic here;

Director of football Ferdinand explained to www.qpr.co.uk: "We've certainly got high hopes for Ryan in terms of his future at QPR.

"However, unfortunately, he's not in the team on a regular basis at the moment, due to how well the current midfield have performed.

"We feel it's in the best interests of both QPR and Ryan for him to go out and get game time on a more-consistent basis - playing Championship football at the same time, too."

Manager McClaren added: "I think it's part of every young player's development to go out on loan and experience something different - different environments, different cultures and different ways of playing.

"This season, because of Josh Scowen, Mass Luongo, Luke Freeman and Ebere Eze, his chances have been limited so far. So we had to make a decision - whether to keep Ryan in the squad and him not play much, or get him more games out on loan.

"Sometimes as managers and coaches, we want to keep all of our players. But I think the benefits of this loan move will far outweigh keeping Ryan here for the moment.

"We'll definitely be keeping an eye on Ryan and wish him success at Rotherham. We hope he plays well and comes back an even-better player."
[Post edited 16 Aug 2018 14:41]

I agree to some extent, just not sure why needed to be a rival of all teams. This year could prove to be extremely tough with arguably less "weak" sides. Might help the player, but not sure improving a rival helps us
Manning on 14:48 - Aug 16 with 5318 viewsDesertBoot

I thought he might be cover for Kakay too...but it's the QPR way to sign a 35yo. Disappointed by the decision to loan out Ryan

Wish I could be like David Watts

Manning on 14:57 - Aug 16 with 5241 viewsconnell10

So Rangers clear path to first team is you get to play for the first team do quite well then get put out on loan to a relegation rival!!! The goal posts are getting moved again methinks! I’ll be really pissed off if we get another midfielder in on loan!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Manning on 15:00 - Aug 16 with 5202 viewsrsonist

Manning on 14:43 - Aug 16 by Watford_Ranger

He’s the best player to replace any of Scowen, Luongo or Bidwell, one of whom will inevitably be injured or suspended at some point while suddenly making Cousins first in line. Utterly bizarre.

Like most of the club's decisions lately, I appreciate the logic, sort of admire the boldness of it, but don't particularly like it and half expect it to go pear shaped.

Les is absolutely right that it's crucial Manning gets a consistent run of first team football at this stage of his career - first reserve is no good any more - and in that sense the fact that he'll get that without dropping a level is a huge plus.

On the other hand though you might argue it comes down to quantity versus quality of minutes... are Rotherham going to develop him the way we want him developed? Do we/does he even know what that would be?
Manning on 15:00 - Aug 16 with 5200 viewsLblock

So developing our own players has gone out the window then?

Just how skint are we?!?!

You can see him scoring a goal last day of the season to keep the Milllers up at our expense

UTTER MADNESS

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Manning on 15:02 - Aug 16 with 5189 viewsrsonist

Manning on 15:00 - Aug 16 by Lblock

You can see him scoring a goal last day of the season to keep the Milllers up at our expense

UTTER MADNESS

This is a development move. Read what Les is saying in the club statement.
Manning on 15:02 - Aug 16 with 5186 viewsRangersw12

Manning on 15:00 - Aug 16 by Lblock

UTTER MADNESS

We're not developing him by not playing him , this gives him regular football something that we can't give him
[Post edited 16 Aug 2018 15:03]
Manning on 15:08 - Aug 16 with 5151 viewsrsonist

Manning on 14:48 - Aug 16 by DesertBoot

I thought he might be cover for Kakay too...but it's the QPR way to sign a 35yo. Disappointed by the decision to loan out Ryan

How would Manning have covered Kakay...? Rangel's got nothing to do with it.
Manning on 15:10 - Aug 16 with 5133 viewsconnell10

Manning on 15:02 - Aug 16 by rsonist

This is a development move. Read what Les is saying in the club statement.

Mate its a bad move , sends out a terrible message to the fans. IMO .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Manning on 15:16 - Aug 16 with 5093 viewsrsonist

Manning on 15:10 - Aug 16 by connell10

Mate its a bad move , sends out a terrible message to the fans. IMO .

What message? The kid needs games.

If Luongo keeps up this recent feeble run of form then yes, it may be a bad move, but the club are backing their man as they should.

We have the recall option in January anyway as with Wheeler.
Manning on 15:19 - Aug 16 with 5072 viewsrsonist

What about Manning's treatment last year? What sort of message did that send, having the lad waste away in the stiffs for most of the season after giving him the full messiah? Clearly this is better.
Manning on 15:21 - Aug 16 with 5057 viewsrobith

I get the logic, but I don't like it
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024