Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Asou-Ekotto 15:14 - Aug 16 with 4144 viewsAntti_Heinola

Just saw a think about old Benoit in an article.
Had absolutely totally forgotten he played for us. But he did, didn't he? And was mostly awful.
Any other players you're slightly surprised about when you remember them playing for us? I think most of them probably came during that season, actually.

Bare bones.

Asou-Ekotto on 15:21 - Aug 16 with 3457 viewsEsox_Lucius

"mostly awful"??? A couple of on pitch bust ups would lend weight to that school of thought but he was also capable of some sublime football, even under pressure, and even one moment of "WTF did I just see"? when he pulled a shanked clearance by Dunne out of the air right on the touchline by the Paddock, killed it stone dead as it dropped and then flicked it past an onrushing opponent before the ball even touched the ground. He became a decent header of the ball in his time with us and at times his defensive work was on a par with his attacking and crossing when was generally above par. He was more of a meh player for me, it was nice to have sen play in the hoops but no loss. Pascal Chimbonda on the other hand... How did he ever get a pro contract with us? I put him on a par with Gus Ceasar and Steve Morrow.

The grass is always greener.

Asou-Ekotto on 15:25 - Aug 16 with 3426 viewsNorthernr

You'll have to wait a long time to see a player so completely uninterested in playing for us. Even That Tosser Redknapp had to drop him in the end because he'd become such a fcking liability.
Asou-Ekotto on 15:27 - Aug 16 with 3414 viewsRs_Holy

The epitome of the modern day footballer! Incredibly talented, super rich, but not really that bothered… apparently he had no interest in football?
Asou-Ekotto on 16:07 - Aug 16 with 3261 viewsMyke

Asou-Ekotto on 15:25 - Aug 16 by Northernr

You'll have to wait a long time to see a player so completely uninterested in playing for us. Even That Tosser Redknapp had to drop him in the end because he'd become such a fcking liability.

'Outdisinterested' perhaps by Boswinga who thought it hilarious that we had been relegated at Reading
Asou-Ekotto on 16:25 - Aug 16 with 3205 viewssimmo

When he first came he was so far ahead of the rest of the league it was almost a joke, but when things settled and he didn't fancy it anymore he absolutely took the piss. Sure there was a game where he let a man just waltz past him and instead of taking the grief he laid on the floor and pretended to be injured.

Still, we've had worse players - just.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Asou-Ekotto on 16:29 - Aug 16 with 3188 viewsrobith

Asou-Ekotto on 16:25 - Aug 16 by simmo

When he first came he was so far ahead of the rest of the league it was almost a joke, but when things settled and he didn't fancy it anymore he absolutely took the piss. Sure there was a game where he let a man just waltz past him and instead of taking the grief he laid on the floor and pretended to be injured.

The was the exact moment he went from barely giving a f**k, to hitting 0 f**ks left to give
Asou-Ekotto on 16:31 - Aug 16 with 3178 viewsNorthernr

Asou-Ekotto on 16:25 - Aug 16 by simmo

He did it twice. Reading at home he got taken apart by Garath McCleary, including one where he got caught pisballing about down by his own corner flag and they took the ball off him and scored. Week or so later he did exactly the same thing at Brighton. Laid on the floor after both of them reckoning he was injured. Got dropped for good after the Brighton game. Fcking wnkr.
Asou-Ekotto on 16:39 - Aug 16 with 3150 viewsbob566

Sandro was an absolute p***** too. He cost us a few quid. That team still gives me the shivers.
Login to get fewer ads

Asou-Ekotto on 16:42 - Aug 16 with 3141 viewsMyke

Asou-Ekotto on 16:39 - Aug 16 by bob566

Sandro was an absolute p***** too. He cost us a few quid. That team still gives me the shivers.

Might get him back as cover now that Manning has gone out on loan - still in his prime according to his birth cert
Asou-Ekotto on 16:43 - Aug 16 with 3136 viewsbob566

random name from the past. Coll Donaldson. Now a centerback for Inverness CT in the Scottish premier.
Asou-Ekotto on 17:33 - Aug 16 with 2990 viewsted_hendrix

Bloke was a bastard, just another dis-interested player to join the collection of dis-interested and expensive bastards we seemed to be collecting at the time.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Asou-Ekotto on 17:36 - Aug 16 with 2982 viewsPinnerPaul

Couple of vague memories I'm sure you can flesh out Clive

1) (Rare) good moment - I seem to remember him trapping a ball stone dead after it arrived over his head from 50 yards or something equally implausible

2) Didn't he give away a goal once and then lay on the floor pretending to be injured because he was so embarrassed

Any credence to those ramblings?!
Asou-Ekotto on 17:37 - Aug 16 with 2979 viewsPinnerPaul

Asou-Ekotto on 16:31 - Aug 16 by Northernr

He did it twice. Reading at home he got taken apart by Garath McCleary, including one where he got caught pisballing about down by his own corner flag and they took the ball off him and scored. Week or so later he did exactly the same thing at Brighton. Laid on the floor after both of them reckoning he was injured. Got dropped for good after the Brighton game. Fcking wnkr.

Sorry posted before I read this - so it DID happen - twice!
Asou-Ekotto on 19:03 - Aug 16 with 2845 viewssmegma

I remember once walking to White City tube and bumping into him in the street.This was ten to fifteen minutes after a game. He had a little draw string bag on his back and said he was rushing to Kings Cross to get to Paris.

So by my reckoning he didn't even have a shower the paraffin lamp.
Asou-Ekotto on 21:33 - Aug 16 with 2661 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Iñigo Idiakez
Asou-Ekotto on 21:58 - Aug 16 with 2581 viewsLongsufferingR

Asou-Ekotto on 21:33 - Aug 16 by BazzaInTheLoft

Iñigo Idiakez

Leicester away springs to mind. What a great day that was.
Asou-Ekotto on 22:05 - Aug 16 with 2556 viewssevenhoop

I was just about to mention his Brighton performance. Disgraceful. Only outdone in the disinterested stakes by Boswinga, who I remember literally jogging back when the oppo had a swift counter and he could not give a flying one. What a truly awful period that was. The poor hardworking buggers who had taken us up against the odds had to put on the same shirt as those utter tools. My god, between then Hughes and Redknapp ruined everything
Asou-Ekotto on 22:20 - Aug 16 with 2518 viewsWokingR

Asou-Ekotto on 19:03 - Aug 16 by smegma

I remember once walking to White City tube and bumping into him in the street.This was ten to fifteen minutes after a game. He had a little draw string bag on his back and said he was rushing to Kings Cross to get to Paris.

So by my reckoning he didn't even have a shower the paraffin lamp.

Why would he have needed a shower?
I never saw him break sweat once
Asou-Ekotto on 22:43 - Aug 16 with 2460 viewsTacticalR

He was too big for his bouffant.

Air hostess clique

Asou-Ekotto on 01:37 - Aug 17 with 2376 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Rumour I heard: he came to us to get game time, with Spurs telling him he’d be recalled in due course. At the time they only had Danny Rose at LB, so BAE agreed.

When Spurs said nah, and he realised they just wanted shot of him, his interest plummeted somewhat.

Probably sat at home in France, x millions in the bank and not the least bit arsed either. Modern footy eh....

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Asou-Ekotto on 01:42 - Aug 17 with 2374 viewsSydneyRs

Asou-Ekotto on 16:31 - Aug 16 by Northernr

I seem to recall his supreme laziness and over casual approach costing us a very soft goal in the 3-3 draw with Burnley shortly after we lost Austin to injury. That Richard Dunne volley deserved to be a game winner!
Asou-Ekotto on 02:10 - Aug 17 with 2357 viewstimcocking

Wish i could forget him...
Asou-Ekotto on 02:34 - Aug 17 with 2345 viewsitsbiga

Had a cool 'fro tho, gotta give him that
[Post edited 17 Aug 2018 2:35]

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Asou-Ekotto on 06:54 - Aug 17 with 2225 viewsnix

Absolutely couldn’t stand him. One of the laziest players I’ve ever seen and one of the poorest attitudes. Thought he was doing us a favour rather than actually doing a job that he was being played extremely well for. Symptomatic of everything that is wrong with the ridiculous contracts players have and the daft deals we have to agree with the PFA where you can’t cancel players’ contracts for practically anything, including refusing to play, and you can only find them two weeks’ ages.

You can at least find some human empathy for players who try hard but just aren’t up to it. Players like him with talent and athleticism but no commitment or team spirit. Just p*ss off.
Asou-Ekotto on 08:35 - Aug 17 with 2072 viewsAntti_Heinola

Asou-Ekotto on 06:54 - Aug 17 by nix

Absolutely couldn’t stand him. One of the laziest players I’ve ever seen and one of the poorest attitudes. Thought he was doing us a favour rather than actually doing a job that he was being played extremely well for. Symptomatic of everything that is wrong with the ridiculous contracts players have and the daft deals we have to agree with the PFA where you can’t cancel players’ contracts for practically anything, including refusing to play, and you can only find them two weeks’ ages.

You can at least find some human empathy for players who try hard but just aren’t up to it. Players like him with talent and athleticism but no commitment or team spirit. Just p*ss off.

Nix, I really appreciate your diplomacy, but I always think that for the sake of a good forum, it's best to state clearly how you really feel. ;)

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024