Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marvellous 16:52 - Aug 18 with 6555 viewsnix

What a fantastic decision it now appears to get rid of Olly. Thanks to all those twitter warriors that persuaded Tony to replace him with McLaren.
Marvellous on 16:55 - Aug 18 with 3933 viewsRangersw12

I agree

McLaren needs to be sacked tonight
Marvellous on 16:59 - Aug 18 with 3858 viewsdavman

Not replacing those senior pros we couldn't afford to keep has done for this team, not really the change of manager. Never wanted Ollie to go, but this team is always going to struggle in this league.

Face it, whilst we stay at LR, we just can't compete; the club's decay started from the first relegation from the Prem in '95. We never recovered from failing to replace Les.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Marvellous on 17:02 - Aug 18 with 3781 viewsbosh67

Not too sure this is down to McClaren after 3 games to be honest. The squad is depleted and it is really a League 1 squad rather than a lower half Championship one at the moment. I feared this season would start like this and it is happening. FFP is more to blame than McClaren at this stage.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Marvellous on 17:03 - Aug 18 with 3769 viewsDesertBoot

Marvellous on 16:59 - Aug 18 by davman

Not replacing those senior pros we couldn't afford to keep has done for this team, not really the change of manager. Never wanted Ollie to go, but this team is always going to struggle in this league.

Face it, whilst we stay at LR, we just can't compete; the club's decay started from the first relegation from the Prem in '95. We never recovered from failing to replace Les.

Any team that loses their class goalkeeper and two best defenders was always going to struggle without resources to replace them.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Marvellous on 17:07 - Aug 18 with 3699 viewsRangersw12

Marvellous on 17:02 - Aug 18 by bosh67

Not too sure this is down to McClaren after 3 games to be honest. The squad is depleted and it is really a League 1 squad rather than a lower half Championship one at the moment. I feared this season would start like this and it is happening. FFP is more to blame than McClaren at this stage.

When you play out from the back with Ingram and Lynch then it's 100% down to him
Marvellous on 17:12 - Aug 18 with 3612 viewsPinnerPaul

Marvellous on 16:55 - Aug 18 by Rangersw12

I agree

McLaren needs to be sacked tonight

3 games - blimey, where are you going to find the other 14 managers from for the season?
Marvellous on 17:13 - Aug 18 with 3584 viewsfrancisbowles

Marvellous on 17:07 - Aug 18 by Rangersw12

When you play out from the back with Ingram and Lynch then it's 100% down to him

It seems the main culprit today was Leistner!
Marvellous on 17:13 - Aug 18 with 3582 viewsBlue_Castello

Agree with you I was never happy with his sacking, the main reason being Ollie knew how to get the best out of a limited squad. We played some very good football at times last year , mainly at home which kept us in the division, when you don't have the strongest squad you have to get them fired up and playing for the badge, I don't see Schteeeve ever doing that.

This playing out from the back needs to be scrapped fast before we get to the 10 games and have virtually no points on the board. We need to sort the back four out fast, I'm not convinced they are good enough and that includes BFG for all his aggressive qualities.

The only good thing to come out of today is its better to happen now than in two months time, if there's any money in the budget get some players in for the defence and attack before it's too late.
What the Hell is the Chief doing at the moment, offer him an improved contract before it's too late he may just sign, yes I know FFP but shit surely there's a bit of money to keep us in the division.
Login to get fewer ads

Marvellous on 17:14 - Aug 18 with 3561 viewsisawqpratwcity

Can I remind people that Holloway's initial record was one win then six losses (make that seven losses if you throw in the FA Cup)?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Marvellous on 17:15 - Aug 18 with 3542 viewskarl

My concern was that Ollie could motivate and cajole performances from a mixed bag of players and in doing so not look like there was a definite plan for the future with a bit of a scattergun approach. MacClaren does but have a style and plan that he wants to play to but with that you need to have a squad that's capable of carrying out that plan, its fairly obvious we haven't got or are able to recruit those players unfortunately.
Going to be an interesting couple of weeks to see if more depth can be added but not only that they've got to be good quality to make the difference required.
Were West Brom a particularly good team? If they are then perhaps we'll be ok and can compete with other poorer teams
Marvellous on 17:26 - Aug 18 with 3400 viewsTHEBUSH

Marvellous on 17:13 - Aug 18 by francisbowles

It seems the main culprit today was Leistner!

Can't comment on him for today's game, but against S.U. thought he got pulled out of position too easily and left space in the box.
Marvellous on 17:28 - Aug 18 with 3377 viewsWestbourneR

Everything McLaren said when he took over and then when we lost the first few wreaked of trouble - felt exactly the same as De Boer at Palace.

He needs to be realistic. The central defence and GK has been ripped out the squad. We're horribly under cooked up front -

Playing it out from the f**king back should the absolutely last priority.

Anyway since when was that McLaren's thing??? He just copying Pep like everyone else.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Marvellous on 17:29 - Aug 18 with 3359 viewsbosh67

I am not sure Olly would have had much more luck. Ned, Robbo, Smithies all gone. Hall not back. Furlong out. Only one player in at CB and a group of kids. Lacking an experienced leader.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Marvellous on 17:31 - Aug 18 with 3318 viewskropotkin41

Marvellous on 17:28 - Aug 18 by WestbourneR

Everything McLaren said when he took over and then when we lost the first few wreaked of trouble - felt exactly the same as De Boer at Palace.

He needs to be realistic. The central defence and GK has been ripped out the squad. We're horribly under cooked up front -

Playing it out from the f**king back should the absolutely last priority.

Anyway since when was that McLaren's thing??? He just copying Pep like everyone else.

I think you're right. We need to play the game, any game we can. Fight. Play ugly. As someone said on facebook, I presume in jest, or perhaps metaphorically, "announce Allardyce!"

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Marvellous on 17:35 - Aug 18 with 3267 viewsRangersw12

Marvellous on 17:12 - Aug 18 by PinnerPaul

3 games - blimey, where are you going to find the other 14 managers from for the season?

Yep only 3 games but I've seen enough he won't be able to recover from today

We were a disgrace
Marvellous on 17:37 - Aug 18 with 3231 viewsDavieQPR

Marvellous on 17:31 - Aug 18 by kropotkin41

I think you're right. We need to play the game, any game we can. Fight. Play ugly. As someone said on facebook, I presume in jest, or perhaps metaphorically, "announce Allardyce!"

This has been on the cards for a while now. Only Smithies and some woeful
finishing had delayed it,
Marvellous on 17:39 - Aug 18 with 3198 viewsbaz_qpr

Marvellous on 17:02 - Aug 18 by bosh67

I think it’s a bit of both, My understanding was that Ollie had become quite unpopular throughout the club, so the change was coming no matter what.

Underwhelmed by Mclaran appointment myself but could understand the logic.

The transfer window has been a disaster losing Smithies, Onhura and Robinson has left us weakened.

The lack of replacements / strengthening has been disastrous when added to the embargo,

I feel like regardless of manager we have to breach FFP to survive this season. Our wages are now amongst the lowest in the division our max wage is around 5K a week and we.ve just been thrashed by a team whose wage bill will be 10 x or more than ours.

I think Mclaran has made a fundamental mistake in trying to build the team around Eze. Yet to be proven as a match winner we have changed the formation to support this “asset” and his development. But at the expense of what got us by last season which was the midfield 3 and crosses to Smith. The players we have currently don’t fit 4-2-3-1. You need. A back to goal striker preferably with pace, a destroyer, a deep lying playmaker and an attacking full back of quality and we don’t have any of those. Sacrificing the team to develop Eze is going to lead to relegation.

3 Choices Now

Breach FFP and bring in 6 loans to make the formation work including poss a keeper
Change approach and set up to get the most out of Smith / Freeman / Luongo / Scowen
Change manager and do one if the above.

Finally we have to learn that Lynch Ingrams Washington Cousins are at best squad players at this level and any team containing more than one of them is going to seriously struggle at this level
Marvellous on 17:40 - Aug 18 with 3173 viewsessextaxiboy

Marvellous on 17:29 - Aug 18 by bosh67

I am not sure Olly would have had much more luck. Ned, Robbo, Smithies all gone. Hall not back. Furlong out. Only one player in at CB and a group of kids. Lacking an experienced leader.

Have a look at the defensive injuries Ollie had to cope with last autumn .

6-8 Games without Onouha , Lynch , Hall, Perch Robinson all injured at the same time . Bidwell and Baptiste at CB.

Of course we did have Smithies who saved us points on a weekly basis ,but we didnt take a beating like today and morale stayed high .
Marvellous on 17:45 - Aug 18 with 3103 viewsvegasranger

All this talk of Holloway getting the best out of the squad, did you see our away record last season? Pathetic. He had to go. The problem was we went the normal lazy QPR route. McLaren has the name and is a good coach but probably not up to being a manager. Trying to play football out from the back with our defence and goalkeeper is suicide !! Play to what ever strengths you have.Other teams find up and coming managers , often from abroad. Not good old Rangers. Pretty sure is it wasn't SM, it would have been another re-tread.
Marvellous on 17:49 - Aug 18 with 3074 viewsessextaxiboy

Marvellous on 17:45 - Aug 18 by vegasranger

All this talk of Holloway getting the best out of the squad, did you see our away record last season? Pathetic. He had to go. The problem was we went the normal lazy QPR route. McLaren has the name and is a good coach but probably not up to being a manager. Trying to play football out from the back with our defence and goalkeeper is suicide !! Play to what ever strengths you have.Other teams find up and coming managers , often from abroad. Not good old Rangers. Pretty sure is it wasn't SM, it would have been another re-tread.

Did you see our points total last season ?

Would you take that now ?
Marvellous on 17:56 - Aug 18 with 3010 viewsRs_Holy

I was 100% against sacking Ollie and almost 100% against the appointment of Shteve!!! But it’s done now and booing or slagging off the team is not going to help... I’m going on Saturday and will be singing my heart out and doing my best to be positive... it’s the only option IMHO!
Marvellous on 17:57 - Aug 18 with 2993 viewsvegasranger

Marvellous on 17:49 - Aug 18 by essextaxiboy

Did you see our points total last season ?

Would you take that now ?

I would but thanks to our owners and DOF , our squad is weaker than last season. I'll give you an example of the QPR way. Brentford buy up and coming Ollie Watkins from Exeter and now is attracting a lot of Premier League interest. We buy 27 year old David Wheeler, don't really have an idea where to play him. Sadly got injured but now on a season long lone to Portsmouth. We are just plodding. Whether it's the manager , signing players , selling players or the train ground.
Marvellous on 18:04 - Aug 18 with 2907 viewsconnell10

Marvellous on 17:14 - Aug 18 by isawqpratwcity

Can I remind people that Holloway's initial record was one win then six losses (make that seven losses if you throw in the FA Cup)?

One more league win than we have had with wally!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Marvellous on 18:09 - Aug 18 with 2861 viewsbaz_qpr

Marvellous on 17:57 - Aug 18 by vegasranger

I would but thanks to our owners and DOF , our squad is weaker than last season. I'll give you an example of the QPR way. Brentford buy up and coming Ollie Watkins from Exeter and now is attracting a lot of Premier League interest. We buy 27 year old David Wheeler, don't really have an idea where to play him. Sadly got injured but now on a season long lone to Portsmouth. We are just plodding. Whether it's the manager , signing players , selling players or the train ground.

Brentford use a propriety algorithm though to identify undervalued players based on stats, they are the only team that has this. What we are experiencing is exactly how FFP is supposed to play out, the team with the most income has the best squad, the teams that don't generate income won't. Brentford have spotted away around this, but it can't last if everyone does the same they lose any advantage but at the moment player sales give them the extra income. Thats our problem, small gate, small crowd and no assets to sell at premium value because we are skating on the line - plus no additional way of raising non football income.
The club gets this clearly but the route to being remotely competitive is fraught with danger. The McLaren appointment makes sense in that perspective, take kids with talent and coach them in to sellable assets to make the club sustainable and comply with FFP, but the problem is you can't get relegated in the process
Marvellous on 18:28 - Aug 18 with 2799 viewskropotkin41

Marvellous on 18:09 - Aug 18 by baz_qpr

Brentford use a propriety algorithm though to identify undervalued players based on stats, they are the only team that has this. What we are experiencing is exactly how FFP is supposed to play out, the team with the most income has the best squad, the teams that don't generate income won't. Brentford have spotted away around this, but it can't last if everyone does the same they lose any advantage but at the moment player sales give them the extra income. Thats our problem, small gate, small crowd and no assets to sell at premium value because we are skating on the line - plus no additional way of raising non football income.
The club gets this clearly but the route to being remotely competitive is fraught with danger. The McLaren appointment makes sense in that perspective, take kids with talent and coach them in to sellable assets to make the club sustainable and comply with FFP, but the problem is you can't get relegated in the process

If we do get relegated but we also get the new stadium and the new training ground, doesn't that secure the new financial footing and give us a chance to start over so to speak?

Obviously hoping not to get relegated, but we could be begging to be put out of our mercy by Christmas at this rate, and I presume we all believe that there might be a rosier future for QPR whatever happens this season?

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024