Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looking after Ingham 18:55 - Aug 18 with 8447 viewsMyke

No point in saying anything more about the game. But I will say this, it's very important that Ingham is looked after, after this result and we the fans - not such much on the pitch , but especially on Social Media - must play a big part in it. He is a young man, just making his way in the game and something like this could break him.
I remember years and years ago we beat Burnley 7-1. They had a young man called Billy O Rourke (I think) who was making his debut and he was distraught afterwards. I wouldn't have much knowledge about Burnley back then, but I don't think he made much of a career out of it. I discovered to my shock a couple of years ago on one of Clive's 'games in History' pieces that he died a young man.
Not suggesting there was a connection between the thrashing and his death, but am categorically saying that Ingham must be protected over the next days and weeks and given a chance to get over this huge set-back right at the start of his career. We must resist the temptation to vent our frustration at him (and indeed Kakay too) over the result. Some of the things said to Karius after the Champions League final were absolutely disgusting and we must ensure we don't go down that road. He and the whole team need our support more than ever.
Looking after Ingham on 18:57 - Aug 18 with 5427 viewsrsonist

If he worked on his kicking more instead of drafting epic message board posts...
Looking after Ingham on 18:58 - Aug 18 with 5413 viewsTGRRRSSS

Matt Ingram.

I agree it's going to be a tough time for him, but we do need him, be interesting to see what happens Tuesday, which of course under the new sky deal will be televised via red button.
Looking after Ingham on 19:05 - Aug 18 with 5322 viewsoldmisery

I understand the point and largely concur but O'Rourke was a debutant and Matt Ingram has made, I believe, 199 senior appearances. However the problem also lays with the other ten blokes in front of him and perhaps the game plan they are being persuaded to deploy.
Looking after Ingham on 19:08 - Aug 18 with 5301 viewsTGRRRSSS

Clearly we don't have the defenders to "play out from the back" as is vogue at the moment.
Looking after Ingham on 19:11 - Aug 18 with 5256 viewsRangersw12

Best way to look after him is to drop him

He clearly can't handle the pressure and isn't up to the job
Looking after Ingham on 19:12 - Aug 18 with 5244 viewsLblock

Someone threw Ingram a book called “Confidence & Self Help” on the hour mark but he dropped it, let it through his body and then kicked it to someone who didn’t need it

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Looking after Ingham on 19:16 - Aug 18 with 5194 viewsCamberleyR

Looking after Ingham on 19:05 - Aug 18 by oldmisery

I understand the point and largely concur but O'Rourke was a debutant and Matt Ingram has made, I believe, 199 senior appearances. However the problem also lays with the other ten blokes in front of him and perhaps the game plan they are being persuaded to deploy.

Exactly. He's not some wet behind the ears kid. It's not his fault he finds himself playing at a level above his ability. As someone I think on the match thread said, 7 goals conceded from nine on target is Tony Robertsesque.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Looking after Ingham on 19:16 - Aug 18 with 5186 viewssmegma

Ingram I'll be 25 shortly and has played nigh on 200 games professionally.
Login to get fewer ads

Looking after Ingham on 19:17 - Aug 18 with 5182 viewsMyke

Looking after Ingham on 18:57 - Aug 18 by rsonist

If he worked on his kicking more instead of drafting epic message board posts...

stunning level of insensitivity
Looking after Ingham on 19:17 - Aug 18 with 5171 viewsMyke

Looking after Ingham on 19:11 - Aug 18 by Rangersw12

Best way to look after him is to drop him

He clearly can't handle the pressure and isn't up to the job

ditto
Looking after Ingham on 19:18 - Aug 18 with 5160 viewsMyke

Looking after Ingham on 19:12 - Aug 18 by Lblock

Someone threw Ingram a book called “Confidence & Self Help” on the hour mark but he dropped it, let it through his body and then kicked it to someone who didn’t need it

moronic (but unsurprising)
Looking after Ingham on 19:19 - Aug 18 with 5141 viewsBostonR

This is football - no space for sentiment. He is not a Championship keeper and never will be so drop him and give someone else the jersey.
Looking after Ingham on 19:20 - Aug 18 with 5123 viewsWestbourneR

I agree there is absolutely no need or point in digging out Ingram

But for me it’s very very obvious from watching that Lumley is a much more commanding presence in goal.

Like Manning over Cousins - I’d say it’s two calls McLaren has got wrong. Not sure he’s got a great eye for a player. He’s bought a lot of dross wherever he’s been

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Looking after Ingham on 19:33 - Aug 18 with 5031 viewsLblock

Ohhh Myke... lets all form a circle of concern and chant hebronic verse whilst summoning up our inner humanitarian concern for our fellow man. Perhaps we can run crystals whilst soothing sounds of whale mating are played into Matt Ingram’s cranium

Or we could just man the fcuk up and realise this is a no prisoner taken sport and expect well paid footballers to do their bleeding jobs?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Looking after Ingham on 19:33 - Aug 18 with 5024 viewsVancouverHoop

I've been unimpressed with Ingram since the Preston match, mainly because of his poor distribution. But I doubt any keeper would have been able to stop that second half avalanche today. He had little to no chance on most of the goals – except maybe the last one, when he – like most of the team – weren't even going through the motions.
Looking after Ingham on 19:42 - Aug 18 with 4933 viewssmegma

Looking after Ingham on 19:16 - Aug 18 by CamberleyR

Exactly. He's not some wet behind the ears kid. It's not his fault he finds himself playing at a level above his ability. As someone I think on the match thread said, 7 goals conceded from nine on target is Tony Robertsesque.

Roberts never conceded SEVEN to my knowledge. Nicky Johns- esque perhaps as I believe he was the last QPR keeper to concede 7 times over 31 years ago at Hillsborough.
Looking after Ingham on 19:44 - Aug 18 with 4918 viewsEsox_Lucius

Looking after Ingham on 19:33 - Aug 18 by Lblock

Ohhh Myke... lets all form a circle of concern and chant hebronic verse whilst summoning up our inner humanitarian concern for our fellow man. Perhaps we can run crystals whilst soothing sounds of whale mating are played into Matt Ingram’s cranium

Or we could just man the fcuk up and realise this is a no prisoner taken sport and expect well paid footballers to do their bleeding jobs?

Yeah, hopefully he will be swinging from a rafter after reading your post letting him know just what is expected.

The grass is always greener.

Looking after Ingham on 19:54 - Aug 18 with 4834 viewsWatford_Ranger

Lumley is the better goalkeeper, in my humblest of opinions. Quite simple.
Looking after Ingham on 19:56 - Aug 18 with 4819 viewsBoston

Looking after Ingham on 19:44 - Aug 18 by Esox_Lucius

Yeah, hopefully he will be swinging from a rafter after reading your post letting him know just what is expected.

Well, we are paying peanuts these days.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Looking after Ingham on 20:09 - Aug 18 with 4745 viewsRangersw12

Looking after Ingham on 19:17 - Aug 18 by Myke

ditto

Dry your eyes

He's a professional footballer who clearly isn't good enough if you want to felate him and give him a cuddle then that's up to you fella
Looking after Ingham on 20:18 - Aug 18 with 4693 viewsJigsore

Looking after Ingham on 20:09 - Aug 18 by Rangersw12

Dry your eyes

He's a professional footballer who clearly isn't good enough if you want to felate him and give him a cuddle then that's up to you fella

i'd play Lumley but you're being a complete d1ckhead. Ingram hasn't even got 15 appearances at this level and has the pleasure of sitting behind one of the divisions worst defences

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Looking after Ingham on 20:20 - Aug 18 with 4670 viewsRangersw12

Looking after Ingham on 20:18 - Aug 18 by Jigsore

i'd play Lumley but you're being a complete d1ckhead. Ingram hasn't even got 15 appearances at this level and has the pleasure of sitting behind one of the divisions worst defences

Bless
Looking after Ingham on 20:26 - Aug 18 with 4631 viewssupahoopsa

Just watched the highlights and I can't really blame Ingham for any of the goals. Even the penalty he gave away was caused by BFG switching off.

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

Looking after Ingham on 20:27 - Aug 18 with 4613 viewsJigsore

Looking after Ingham on 20:20 - Aug 18 by Rangersw12

Bless

don't worry mate, Chelsea won today. lots of players who are good enough for you there.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Looking after Ingham on 20:27 - Aug 18 with 4611 viewsloftus77

I remember years and years ago we beat Burnley 7-1. They had a young man called Billy O Rourke (I think) who was making his debut and he was distraught afterwards.

...I don't recall Burnley scoring...I do remember Billy O'Rourke well - I think all our players went to comfort him afterwards.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024