Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Open The Cheque-Book....... 09:54 - Aug 19 with 2322 viewsBostonR

And flood the team with decent loan players - we are going to League 1 whatever way you look at it. Yesterday's performance has been coming for months both home or away. Was never an Ollie fan but thought he should have been given more time and now it seems we have lowered the bar even further with McClaren. It's hard to remember enjoying a game at R's where I thought the tide was turning - just a slow burn as a consequence of poor club management.
Been going since 1973 and it pains me to see my beloved R's falling into dis-repair and quite possibly towards oblivion in L1 and L2.
Open The Cheque-Book....... on 09:59 - Aug 19 with 2285 viewsdaveB

Or save your money and put together a team that works as a unit which we did last season. Protect the keeper and back 4, put your best players in positions where they can hurt the opposition you know all the things a super coach is supposed to do
Open The Cheque-Book....... on 10:10 - Aug 19 with 2234 viewsTGRRRSSS

The only trouble with that Dave is we appointed the Wally with the Brolly.

Bristol City and Wigan loom large this week - if we only lose 4-0 on Tuesday I can see the songs already "4 goals you only scored 4 goals........" etc etc.
Open The Cheque-Book....... on 10:16 - Aug 19 with 2209 viewsBAWHoops

Return to 352

Players know the system

Makes us solid and hard to beat

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Open The Cheque-Book....... on 10:42 - Aug 19 with 2107 viewskropotkin41

Let's say that that was an option - opening the chequebook that is - and I don't think it is........ wouldn't it just put off the disaster at the very best?

We need to do what other limited clubs do and make the best of what we have. Play ugly and aim to accumulate enough points to finish in 21st place!

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Open The Cheque-Book....... on 10:55 - Aug 19 with 2060 viewsRs_Holy

Open The Cheque-Book....... on 09:59 - Aug 19 by daveB

Or save your money and put together a team that works as a unit which we did last season. Protect the keeper and back 4, put your best players in positions where they can hurt the opposition you know all the things a super coach is supposed to do

Yes but we only won 3 times away and everyone at the club hates Ollie and he upset the fans after the Brentford home match and Shteeeve is tactically much more clued up!
Open The Cheque-Book....... on 11:06 - Aug 19 with 2008 viewsEsox_Lucius

Open The Cheque-Book....... on 10:55 - Aug 19 by Rs_Holy

Yes but we only won 3 times away and everyone at the club hates Ollie and he upset the fans after the Brentford home match and Shteeeve is tactically much more clued up!

I'd agree with that.

The grass is always greener.

Open The Cheque-Book....... on 11:16 - Aug 19 with 1964 viewskensalriser

Cheque book?. Not everyone's got the FFP message yet, then.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Open The Cheque-Book....... on 11:24 - Aug 19 with 1939 views2Thomas2Bowles

To be fair, BostonR, end of last season you did say he should be given more time.
Problem is, you slatted him none stop for years and that stupid TF reacted to it.

Anyway, we are fecked now with this muppet, well done.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 11:25]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Login to get fewer ads

Open The Cheque-Book....... on 11:30 - Aug 19 with 1902 viewsbaz_qpr

Open The Cheque-Book....... on 09:59 - Aug 19 by daveB

I disagree, The squad is woefully short, the captain and glue in the dressing room has gone (and the only defender with pace), a keeper who earned us points has been replaced with one that costs us them. We have a rookie right back, and we have a potential star asset that does not fit into the system of last year so we've started with a system to accommodate him and it has back fired spectacularly. We have a transfer ban in January.

IMHO the squad is so threadbare that we need 5+ loans with 3 of those to come off to survive regardless of the manager, we've properly flucked up this summer in the recruitment and pre-season that can't be just down to SM. I think we will have to break FFP again to avoid going down
Open The Cheque-Book....... on 11:40 - Aug 19 with 1838 viewsGloucs_R

Open The Cheque-Book....... on 10:16 - Aug 19 by BAWHoops

Return to 352

Players know the system

Makes us solid and hard to beat

Wasn't we crap with that formation and did better with 4321??

Poll: Are we staying up?

Open The Cheque-Book....... on 11:45 - Aug 19 with 1818 viewsdaveB

Open The Cheque-Book....... on 11:30 - Aug 19 by baz_qpr

I disagree, The squad is woefully short, the captain and glue in the dressing room has gone (and the only defender with pace), a keeper who earned us points has been replaced with one that costs us them. We have a rookie right back, and we have a potential star asset that does not fit into the system of last year so we've started with a system to accommodate him and it has back fired spectacularly. We have a transfer ban in January.

IMHO the squad is so threadbare that we need 5+ loans with 3 of those to come off to survive regardless of the manager, we've properly flucked up this summer in the recruitment and pre-season that can't be just down to SM. I think we will have to break FFP again to avoid going down

Apart from a rookie right back who has been our best player in the first 4 games the rest of that side is pretty experienced.

Lynch, Bidwell, Cousins, Luongo, Scowen, Freeman and Smith all mid 20's with plenty of championship games behind them. Subs who came on all have at least 2 years of Championship experience. That was not a team of kids yesterday

it's not a threadbare squad at all. Last season we went into September with Lynch, Onouha and Hall all injured and had to play several games with Bidwell at centre half but still managed to look a lot more organised than we did yesterday
Open The Cheque-Book....... on 12:05 - Aug 19 with 1777 viewsessextaxiboy

Open The Cheque-Book....... on 11:45 - Aug 19 by daveB

Apart from a rookie right back who has been our best player in the first 4 games the rest of that side is pretty experienced.

Lynch, Bidwell, Cousins, Luongo, Scowen, Freeman and Smith all mid 20's with plenty of championship games behind them. Subs who came on all have at least 2 years of Championship experience. That was not a team of kids yesterday

it's not a threadbare squad at all. Last season we went into September with Lynch, Onouha and Hall all injured and had to play several games with Bidwell at centre half but still managed to look a lot more organised than we did yesterday

Lynch, Ned , Robinson, Perch , Furlong and Hall were all injured at the same time .

Clive started a match preview with "can anyone here play centre half ?

Baptiste came in as 5th choice cover and played 15 odd games straight .
Open The Cheque-Book....... on 12:24 - Aug 19 with 1722 viewsRs_Holy

Open The Cheque-Book....... on 11:45 - Aug 19 by daveB

I really really really hope I’m wrong, I’m desperately trying not to slag off McLaren... he has won things previously and did very well at some other clubs but he does look tired and uninspired at QPR!
Let’s see how well we do with a couple more loans and Hall and Furs in the team!
Open The Cheque-Book....... on 13:25 - Aug 19 with 1595 viewsQPR_John

Open The Cheque-Book....... on 11:16 - Aug 19 by kensalriser

Cheque book?. Not everyone's got the FFP message yet, then.

Obviously not. Just to make it clear FFP means there will be no more open cheque books it is just not allowed anymore. The top European clubs have told the authorities to jump and they have asked how high
Open The Cheque-Book....... on 14:56 - Aug 19 with 1492 viewsWestbourneR

Open The Cheque-Book....... on 13:25 - Aug 19 by QPR_John

Obviously not. Just to make it clear FFP means there will be no more open cheque books it is just not allowed anymore. The top European clubs have told the authorities to jump and they have asked how high

McLaren was and is a terrible appointment. We were doomed from the moment he got the job.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Open The Cheque-Book....... on 15:15 - Aug 19 with 1442 viewsMatch82

The second half of the yesterday was one of the worst in memory. Abject. But we haven't been that bad other than that 45 minutes this year. Lost by the office goal in a couple of games where we were naive but not overmatched and won a cup game.

Are we (and I include myself in this) over-reacting?
Open The Cheque-Book....... on 15:20 - Aug 19 with 1417 viewsitsbiga

Open The Cheque-Book....... on 14:56 - Aug 19 by WestbourneR

McLaren was and is a terrible appointment. We were doomed from the moment he got the job.

I concur

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Open The Cheque-Book....... on 15:28 - Aug 19 with 1397 viewsQPR_John

Open The Cheque-Book....... on 14:56 - Aug 19 by WestbourneR

You think that the problems we are presented with with FFP would disappear with a new manager or dare I say it Holloway was still manager
Open The Cheque-Book....... on 17:10 - Aug 19 with 1201 viewspastieR

where did Nedum end up? Is he still without a club?
Open The Cheque-Book....... on 18:00 - Aug 19 with 1134 viewsVancouverHoop

Open The Cheque-Book....... on 17:10 - Aug 19 by pastieR

where did Nedum end up? Is he still without a club?

Good question. Given the announced reason for his departure was a move up North, it's hard to believe, given the number of Lancs and Yorks clubs in this division, he can't find a game. Seems odd. Maybe something else is going on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024