Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A little bit of perspective 14:31 - Aug 19 with 2185 viewskingo

The net worth of the WBA scorers yesterday was £40.5m. They are all worth considerably more than our entire team. WBA are a prem team in the Championship and like Newcastle a couple of seasons ago will hand out beatings when there individuals get on top. I have been going long enough to have seen us lose by 8,7 and 6, so I won’t throw the towel in just yet.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

A little bit of perspective on 14:34 - Aug 19 with 2166 viewsDejR_vu

The thing is, there are many other teams in the Championship who would be dwarfed by them in terms of value / budget. But it tends to be us that get absolutely taken to the cleaners. I'd be very surprised if that isn't WBA's biggest win of the season, as I think was the case with Newcastle.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

A little bit of perspective on 14:42 - Aug 19 with 2128 viewskingo

A little bit of perspective on 14:34 - Aug 19 by DejR_vu

The thing is, there are many other teams in the Championship who would be dwarfed by them in terms of value / budget. But it tends to be us that get absolutely taken to the cleaners. I'd be very surprised if that isn't WBA's biggest win of the season, as I think was the case with Newcastle.

I doubt there is any other team that has such a young and inexpensive squad as us this season, we can thank the EFL for that. The individual quality of the WBA side is awesome for this division and unfortunately for us, they took their opportunity to punish us. Man City are currently doing the same to Huddersfield.

A little bit of perspective on 15:11 - Aug 19 with 2042 viewsGroveR

Comparing yesterday with the Newcastle defeat is like papering over the Grand Canyon and calling it a snag. Two of the Newcastle goals were 20+ yarders, scored by the outstanding player on the pitch (possibly the league that season), neither of which keeper or defence could do much about (Perch might claim an assist for 1) and we went in two down.

Every West Brom goal was a tap in (penalties excepted), three gifted by defensive hari-kari but shipping 6 in 30mins is as McLaren rightly says, simply unacceptable. To his credit he's not suggested West Brom are some kind of championship Barcelona. Worryingly he's said he didn't see it coming. I did. Forest and Stoke (Boro under any other style than Pulisball) would have done the same to us yesterday.
A little bit of perspective on 16:06 - Aug 19 with 1918 viewsNov77

Yeah, total over reaction, 7-1 is not even a full Barnstoneworth,

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

A little bit of perspective on 16:23 - Aug 19 with 1871 viewsRangersw12

Yet Bolton a club with even less money than us managed to go up there on the opening day of the season and get 3 points

They didn't give up because WBA have better players than us
A little bit of perspective on 16:24 - Aug 19 with 1863 viewsHayesender

I walked out of the Hawthornes quite happy with a 7-1 defeat.

Now 8-1, and I'd have lost my s@$t

Poll: Shamima Beghum

A little bit of perspective on 16:47 - Aug 19 with 1809 viewsted_hendrix

Kingo, wouldn't expect you to throw the towel in just yet, reading some of the posts from those who went yesterday It seemed to me like some of our players did through the towel in long before the final whistle and that's not on.
That's what causes fans to react negatively even so early in the season.
Like it or not I reckon us fans have got a bitter pill to swallow this season, it sure as hell is going to be a long hard haul I'm afraid, we're gonna have to scrap for everything including half decent loan players.
Be lucky.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

A little bit of perspective on 16:56 - Aug 19 with 1773 viewsNorthernr

Perspective my arse. That was disgraceful. 7-1. They lost to bloody Bolton last week.
Login to get fewer ads

A little bit of perspective on 16:58 - Aug 19 with 1768 viewspaulparker

So by the OP’s reckoning we should just forfeit the games against wba, forest , Swansea, Boro , Stoke, derby , Villa as we cannot compete
A pathetic performance that doesn’t or shouldn’t have excuses we shouldn’t be losing 7-1 to a team who let’s face it have found the championship hard and who Bolton beat

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

A little bit of perspective on 17:16 - Aug 19 with 1703 viewskingo

A little bit of perspective on 16:58 - Aug 19 by paulparker

So by the OP’s reckoning we should just forfeit the games against wba, forest , Swansea, Boro , Stoke, derby , Villa as we cannot compete
A pathetic performance that doesn’t or shouldn’t have excuses we shouldn’t be losing 7-1 to a team who let’s face it have found the championship hard and who Bolton beat

Where have I said we should forfeit anything?? However, realistically I can say that our return of points against the teams you have mentioned will be minimal. WBA are not a good team but they have very good individuals and they will punish teams if they get on top. It is going to be extremely tough for our young team this season and having so many inexperienced players will result in score lines like yesterday’s especially against seasoned pros like WBA.

A little bit of perspective on 17:20 - Aug 19 with 1690 viewsRangersw12

A little bit of perspective on 17:16 - Aug 19 by kingo

Where have I said we should forfeit anything?? However, realistically I can say that our return of points against the teams you have mentioned will be minimal. WBA are not a good team but they have very good individuals and they will punish teams if they get on top. It is going to be extremely tough for our young team this season and having so many inexperienced players will result in score lines like yesterday’s especially against seasoned pros like WBA.

As Clive said in the match report it wasn't a young team though

Majority are seasoned professionals
A little bit of perspective on 17:21 - Aug 19 with 1682 viewstoboboly

A little bit of perspective on 14:42 - Aug 19 by kingo

I doubt there is any other team that has such a young and inexpensive squad as us this season, we can thank the EFL for that. The individual quality of the WBA side is awesome for this division and unfortunately for us, they took their opportunity to punish us. Man City are currently doing the same to Huddersfield.

Read Clive’s report, that wasn’t a young and inexperienced squad. It’s just a crap squad.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

A little bit of perspective on 17:31 - Aug 19 with 1642 viewskingo

A little bit of perspective on 17:20 - Aug 19 by Rangersw12

As Clive said in the match report it wasn't a young team though

Majority are seasoned professionals

So the WBA side didn’t have considerably more experience of games at the highest level? Ezy and Kakay have very little experience, Cousins and Ingram are still young an relatively inexperienced. Leistner has 3 games in the Championship, That is half the team with little experience of the Championship.

A little bit of perspective on 17:39 - Aug 19 with 1622 viewspaulparker

A little bit of perspective on 17:16 - Aug 19 by kingo

Wigan pushed forest and villa all the way
Milllwall beat derby and drew with Boro
Bolton beat WBA
Preston and Brentford got points against Stoke
Birmingham should of beat Swansea
Your making excuses for a team that shouldn’t be losing 7-1 , six of those in one half your argument is flawed

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

A little bit of perspective on 17:48 - Aug 19 with 1591 viewskingo

A little bit of perspective on 17:39 - Aug 19 by paulparker

Wigan pushed forest and villa all the way
Milllwall beat derby and drew with Boro
Bolton beat WBA
Preston and Brentford got points against Stoke
Birmingham should of beat Swansea
Your making excuses for a team that shouldn’t be losing 7-1 , six of those in one half your argument is flawed

Perhaps unlike you, I don’t thrive off being negative about everything that my club does. I saw us get beat 7-1 by a lower mid table Sheffield Wednesday, the world didn’t end and we didn’t sack the manager or the board.

A little bit of perspective on 17:51 - Aug 19 with 1584 viewsRangersw12

A little bit of perspective on 17:31 - Aug 19 by kingo

So the WBA side didn’t have considerably more experience of games at the highest level? Ezy and Kakay have very little experience, Cousins and Ingram are still young an relatively inexperienced. Leistner has 3 games in the Championship, That is half the team with little experience of the Championship.

sorry mate but Cousins and Ingram have played at least over 100 games each

You can't defend them for yesterday they were a disgrace and Mclown is also a disgrace for allowing it to happen
A little bit of perspective on 18:08 - Aug 19 with 1521 viewspaulparker

A little bit of perspective on 17:48 - Aug 19 by kingo

Perhaps unlike you, I don’t thrive off being negative about everything that my club does. I saw us get beat 7-1 by a lower mid table Sheffield Wednesday, the world didn’t end and we didn’t sack the manager or the board.

Back then my friend we were in the 1st division and safe, it was a one off towards the end of the season, that stuff happens now and again , at that time we were a steady club with good players and a decent board , the season after we finished 5th or 6th
The difference now is we were champions of the championship and above the relegation places when your faviourite board took us over, since then we have lost sorry wasted 250 million we have gone through 7 managers , sacked a club legend for a manager who last got Newcastle relegated
We are now reduced to signing the German lynch , and don’t have a pot to p1ss in
I’m not thriving on being negative but I can see with my own eyes how this club has been badly run and continues to be badly run
If it makes you feel better that QPR cannot compete with WBA then you crack on
The fact that Burnley, Bournemouth, Watford , Crystal Palace, Huddersfield , Fulham , Brentford , Brighton are now light years a head of us actually upsets me , sorry for not going with the status quo and shrugging my shoulders and going “oh well

A little bit of perspective on 18:08 - Aug 19 with 1519 viewskingo

A little bit of perspective on 17:51 - Aug 19 by Rangersw12

sorry mate but Cousins and Ingram have played at least over 100 games each

You can't defend them for yesterday they were a disgrace and Mclown is also a disgrace for allowing it to happen

Ingram only in div 1 and 2, Cousins div 1 and Championship. I am not defending them and certainly don’t expect to lose any match 7-1. But there was a massive difference in quality and top level experience yesterday, that is why their individual players are worth more than our entire team.

A little bit of perspective on 18:23 - Aug 19 with 1487 viewsBrixtonR

A little bit of perspective on 18:08 - Aug 19 by paulparker

Back then my friend we were in the 1st division and safe, it was a one off towards the end of the season, that stuff happens now and again , at that time we were a steady club with good players and a decent board , the season after we finished 5th or 6th
The difference now is we were champions of the championship and above the relegation places when your faviourite board took us over, since then we have lost sorry wasted 250 million we have gone through 7 managers , sacked a club legend for a manager who last got Newcastle relegated
We are now reduced to signing the German lynch , and don’t have a pot to p1ss in
I’m not thriving on being negative but I can see with my own eyes how this club has been badly run and continues to be badly run
The fact that Burnley, Bournemouth, Watford , Crystal Palace, Huddersfield , Fulham , Brentford , Brighton are now light years a head of us actually upsets me , sorry for not going with the status quo and shrugging my shoulders and going “oh well

I totally agree with you about the Sheff Weds 7-1 game as was there as well. Fckin annoying and wanted that cnt smith hung that day but we was a proper club then totally different from the disgraceful shambles yesterday. And fck the FFP excuse we have enough rich business savvy owners to get round it no problem if they wanted.
A little bit of perspective on 18:30 - Aug 19 with 1460 viewskingo

A little bit of perspective on 18:08 - Aug 19 by paulparker

I have been attending matches at LR for over 50 years, do you really think that I am happy with seeing my team lose 7-1 or seeing other teams ahead of us?? That is unfortunately just the cycle of football for most teams. We have good spells and bad spells and I have seen both several times. Unfortunately mistakes were made a few years ago but no amount of negative posts will change that and the EFL and FA have made sure that It is now virtually impossible to turn things around quickly. So we have to build slowly and painfully and personally I think we are now going in the right direction but there is nothing the board or managers can do now to quick fix the past.

A little bit of perspective on 18:43 - Aug 19 with 1391 viewsdaveB

This wasn't the Newcastle team of 2 years ago, they were no good and struggling until we gifted them 4 goals in the second half
A little bit of perspective on 18:47 - Aug 19 with 1373 viewspaulparker

A little bit of perspective on 18:30 - Aug 19 by kingo

I have been attending matches at LR for over 50 years, do you really think that I am happy with seeing my team lose 7-1 or seeing other teams ahead of us?? That is unfortunately just the cycle of football for most teams. We have good spells and bad spells and I have seen both several times. Unfortunately mistakes were made a few years ago but no amount of negative posts will change that and the EFL and FA have made sure that It is now virtually impossible to turn things around quickly. So we have to build slowly and painfully and personally I think we are now going in the right direction but there is nothing the board or managers can do now to quick fix the past.

Look I’m not having a dig at you I’ve been going 40 years myself , what gets to me is why our fan base keeps making excuses for how this board has run the club into the ground ,
We are going down this year and we fully deserve it because our great club has been allowed to be made a laughing stock, as I’ve said we are light years behind palace, Bournemouth , Huddersfield, Burnley, Watford, Fulham , Brentford , Brighton , Jesus they were not even our radar 25 years ago
The board are responsible for this mess and appointing McClaren is another major mistake
In along line of major foul ups ,I cannot accept that we cannot compete in a league with stoke ,wba, forest etc , why give up ? And accept it
I kept hearing how when we went down we would be the QPR of old well the QPR of hold beat the big teams with a small budget we gave them a black eye , we bought well, we sold for big money when we had to , we ain’t even doing that anymore , what are we now ???
We are easy to beat, easy to buy off , and we are heading down through the leagues
It breaks my heart
The club is a mess and years ago we would be protesting , now we accept it

A little bit of perspective on 19:20 - Aug 19 with 1303 viewsDesertBoot

You are joking right? I guarantee you there won’t be another 7-1 in the Championship this season. Oh, we aren’t a young team either.

Wish I could be like David Watts

A little bit of perspective on 19:25 - Aug 19 with 1291 viewsstevenagehoop

A little bit of perspective on 18:47 - Aug 19 by paulparker

Look I’m not having a dig at you I’ve been going 40 years myself , what gets to me is why our fan base keeps making excuses for how this board has run the club into the ground ,
We are going down this year and we fully deserve it because our great club has been allowed to be made a laughing stock, as I’ve said we are light years behind palace, Bournemouth , Huddersfield, Burnley, Watford, Fulham , Brentford , Brighton , Jesus they were not even our radar 25 years ago
The board are responsible for this mess and appointing McClaren is another major mistake
In along line of major foul ups ,I cannot accept that we cannot compete in a league with stoke ,wba, forest etc , why give up ? And accept it
I kept hearing how when we went down we would be the QPR of old well the QPR of hold beat the big teams with a small budget we gave them a black eye , we bought well, we sold for big money when we had to , we ain’t even doing that anymore , what are we now ???
We are easy to beat, easy to buy off , and we are heading down through the leagues
It breaks my heart
The club is a mess and years ago we would be protesting , now we accept it

This post and Kingos one are both on the money. They both sum up the latest position. We have cocked it up but can’t turn the clock back to put it right. I liked Holloway but didn’t think he would be right to lead us on. McClaren has won some and lost some when managing elsewhere but I’d question whether he has had a tougher task. To get rid of or lose your main defenders and sell your best goalkeeper and expect to cope with that by bringing in one replacement simply won’t work. Add to that the weakness with the strikers that hasn’t been addressed and no manager would reap instant reward. The writing has been on the wall since at least the end of last season - earlier if you considered who would be going at the end of last year.

Many of us know the problem but unfortunately none of us can conjure up an answer that is realistically possible. We are in a unique position even the likes of Bolton are currently better placed to deal with this season unless we can somehow bring in the needed additions before the end of the loan window. Problem is I won’t hold my breath in anticipation.

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024