Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
where do we go from here? and where's the money? 13:11 - Aug 20 with 3926 viewsthemodfather

with the ffp and limitations on any spending/loans it's going to have to be, we battle with what we got, somehow we have to get this lot motivated, willing to run thru walls and get up and do it again and again.....i can't see it, after the blades loss i said we were lightweight and it's something we have been more often than not.
quite a few teams are going to lose at wba and many expected a loss but not a dicking!
calls to sack mclaren are coming but then we have to pay him, settle his contract, bring in another and pay him. it's not the full answer.
the players have to take responsibility and show more battle/gumption/rally.
so to the money, reports qprfc made something like £150m from the great prem days.....where did that go? i guess most went to directors who "loaned" the club money to go up ( breaking rules and causing the ffp mess we are in!) how mush did uncle tony walk away with?
so here's my thing, with modern football a rich businessman can't invest in a team and compete with the big boys, starting from scratch? it's ok if you have 60,000 fans but not 12,000...so where's the incentive ? surely ffp wasn't to shackle teams/clubs ?
our owners have got away with the mess they made, during our play off campaign, warnings were there we may breach ffp, i recall seeing it on this forum.....again i have read about how millwall and brentford always get the most from their team so why can't we?
qpr fans have seen us lose, seen it all, this seems a new level, even for us! help!
where do we go from here? and where's the money? on 13:37 - Aug 20 with 3847 viewsToast_R

The money was spent on making over the hill players and their agents very rich. I'm sure Mark Hughes and Harry Redknapp's regimes also took a more than generous wedge. The wages alone probably took a huge chunk of the income. You know problems are a foot when an established club like Marseilles can't get near to matching the wages QPR were paying to Joey Barton. You also know things aren't rosy when players are happy to sit in the stiffs for months just allowing their contracts to run down. The amount of money the club burnt on these bums I would wager is probably staggering and defies belief if only the truth were known.

From here? Well the club goes to the graveyard of all those clubs run by idiotic owners who had Premier League ambitions but failed miserably - League 1 beckons. I've accepted our fate.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 13:41]
where do we go from here? and where's the money? on 16:16 - Aug 20 with 3732 viewsQPR_John

where do we go from here? and where's the money? on 13:37 - Aug 20 by Toast_R

The money was spent on making over the hill players and their agents very rich. I'm sure Mark Hughes and Harry Redknapp's regimes also took a more than generous wedge. The wages alone probably took a huge chunk of the income. You know problems are a foot when an established club like Marseilles can't get near to matching the wages QPR were paying to Joey Barton. You also know things aren't rosy when players are happy to sit in the stiffs for months just allowing their contracts to run down. The amount of money the club burnt on these bums I would wager is probably staggering and defies belief if only the truth were known.

From here? Well the club goes to the graveyard of all those clubs run by idiotic owners who had Premier League ambitions but failed miserably - League 1 beckons. I've accepted our fate.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 13:41]

The money spent was what put us in trouble with FFP. Even it was available now we could not spend it
where do we go from here? and where's the money? on 16:19 - Aug 20 with 3722 viewsDesertBoot

The day Holloway was sacked a mate of mine predicted QPR would be in Division One in twelve months time. He's often pretty good with football predictions.

Wish I could be like David Watts

where do we go from here? and where's the money? on 16:37 - Aug 20 with 3642 viewsdaveB

Where the money went is easy.

After our promotion in 2011 where we had spent a small fortune over several years and were millions in debt only really cleared by the Fernandes takeover we spent money and big wages on

Kieron Dyer, DJ Campbell, Danny Gabbidon, DJ Campbell, Bruno Perone, Joey Barton, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Luke Young, Armand Traore and Anton Ferdinand.

By Christmas we were still crap so as well as paying all of the aboves big wages in a small stadium with limited income we signed the following for big money on big wages as well as sacking one manager and paying a new one an absolute fortune.

Nedum Onouha, Cisse, Zamora, Macheda, Diakite, Taiwo

That summer whilst still paying the wages of the above we went on another spending spree signing the following

Andy Johnson, Ryan Nelson, Steph Mbia, Ji Sun-Park, Hoilett, Rob Green, Julio Cesar, Esteban Granero, Bosingwa and Sam Magri (he might not be a problem)

We also gave big new contracts to several players that summer include Adel who more than doubled his wages

After winning a grand total of 2 games before January we paid off Hughes and his mates a few million and brought in Harry Redknap on massive money

Arry then signed Remy, Suk-Young, Samba, Jenas, Townsend and we were relegated.

So whilst still paying all those wages and having to pay several of them several million to go away we then went out and paid 4 million for Charlie Austin, a few million for Matt Phillips and also added Danny Simpson, Richard Dunne, karl Henry, Gary O'Neil, Oneyewu, Cheverton, Benayoun, Will Keane, Aaron Hughes, Essou Ekottu, Tom Carrol, Maigia, Kevin Doyle and loads more I have forgotten all whilst still paying most of the aboves wages still.

After promotion and a third crack whilst still paying most of the aboves wages we added Rio Ferdinand, Jordan Mutch, Sandro, Caulker, Fer, Robinson, Alex Mccarthy, The two boys from Chilie and lots more.

This is all before 2015. So thats where the money went and people still ask why do we need a director of football
where do we go from here? and where's the money? on 16:45 - Aug 20 with 3602 viewsbosh67

The basic answer is we don't have any money. It's our own fault but the FA have very much helped accelerate our decline.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

where do we go from here? and where's the money? on 16:51 - Aug 20 with 3578 viewsQPR_John

where do we go from here? and where's the money? on 16:45 - Aug 20 by bosh67

The basic answer is we don't have any money. It's our own fault but the FA have very much helped accelerate our decline.

It's only my opinion but I believe the owners would spend to get us out of this mess if they were allowed to do so. Correct me if I am wrong but did they not write off a lot of the debt but the FL refused to accept it so in reality the FL have decided our owners cannot even give the club money
where do we go from here? and where's the money? on 16:53 - Aug 20 with 3569 viewsisawqpratwcity

where do we go from here? and where's the money? on 16:37 - Aug 20 by daveB

Where the money went is easy.

After our promotion in 2011 where we had spent a small fortune over several years and were millions in debt only really cleared by the Fernandes takeover we spent money and big wages on

Kieron Dyer, DJ Campbell, Danny Gabbidon, DJ Campbell, Bruno Perone, Joey Barton, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Luke Young, Armand Traore and Anton Ferdinand.

By Christmas we were still crap so as well as paying all of the aboves big wages in a small stadium with limited income we signed the following for big money on big wages as well as sacking one manager and paying a new one an absolute fortune.

Nedum Onouha, Cisse, Zamora, Macheda, Diakite, Taiwo

That summer whilst still paying the wages of the above we went on another spending spree signing the following

Andy Johnson, Ryan Nelson, Steph Mbia, Ji Sun-Park, Hoilett, Rob Green, Julio Cesar, Esteban Granero, Bosingwa and Sam Magri (he might not be a problem)

We also gave big new contracts to several players that summer include Adel who more than doubled his wages

After winning a grand total of 2 games before January we paid off Hughes and his mates a few million and brought in Harry Redknap on massive money

Arry then signed Remy, Suk-Young, Samba, Jenas, Townsend and we were relegated.

So whilst still paying all those wages and having to pay several of them several million to go away we then went out and paid 4 million for Charlie Austin, a few million for Matt Phillips and also added Danny Simpson, Richard Dunne, karl Henry, Gary O'Neil, Oneyewu, Cheverton, Benayoun, Will Keane, Aaron Hughes, Essou Ekottu, Tom Carrol, Maigia, Kevin Doyle and loads more I have forgotten all whilst still paying most of the aboves wages still.

After promotion and a third crack whilst still paying most of the aboves wages we added Rio Ferdinand, Jordan Mutch, Sandro, Caulker, Fer, Robinson, Alex Mccarthy, The two boys from Chilie and lots more.

This is all before 2015. So thats where the money went and people still ask why do we need a director of football

Yeah, but don't be shy, dave, tell the OP that, far from the "something like £150m from the great prem days" ending up on the owners pockets, they dug deep, deep, deep into their own funds to finance that time and continue to do so.

Not the Mittals, though. This was Fernandes (Tune Group) and Ruben Gnanalingam.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

where do we go from here? and where's the money? on 20:37 - Aug 20 with 3437 viewsJuzzie

“surely ffp wasn't to shackle teams/clubs“

Yup, that’s exactly what its to do. Conveniently rolled out as a way of stopping clubs getting into debt.

IMO it wasnt clubs getting into debt that was tne problem as such, it was owners over spending their own money then saddlling that debt onto the club.

Part of the fit and proper process should be that any owner who spends their own money takes full responsibility for that debt.
Login to get fewer ads

where do we go from here? and where's the money? on 20:46 - Aug 20 with 3404 viewsjonno

where do we go from here? and where's the money? on 16:51 - Aug 20 by QPR_John

It's only my opinion but I believe the owners would spend to get us out of this mess if they were allowed to do so. Correct me if I am wrong but did they not write off a lot of the debt but the FL refused to accept it so in reality the FL have decided our owners cannot even give the club money

That's how FFP works and will ensure no "small" club will ever be able to challenge the big clubs ever again. So, despite the fact that our owners would provide the money for us to sign the players we need to be competitive they are not allowed to any more.
where do we go from here? and where's the money? on 21:02 - Aug 20 with 3340 viewsBenny_the_Ball

where do we go from here? and where's the money? on 16:53 - Aug 20 by isawqpratwcity

Yeah, but don't be shy, dave, tell the OP that, far from the "something like £150m from the great prem days" ending up on the owners pockets, they dug deep, deep, deep into their own funds to finance that time and continue to do so.

Not the Mittals, though. This was Fernandes (Tune Group) and Ruben Gnanalingam.

Did they really dig deep into their pockets? From what I can see they saddled the club with a huge debt which they then converted into shares in a vain bid to circumnavigate FFP rules.

In any event, spending lots of money on overpaid prima-donnas should not be applauded as sound management. The majority of fans would have settled for a more sustainable approach akin to Burnley's where the manager and squad that got us promoted in the first place was largely kept in tact with sensible additions here and there.

As it is we've now gone from one end of the spectrum (throwing money around) to the other (putting our faith in youngsters). Little wonder Fernandes has taken a back seat; that coward knows what's coming and doesn't want to blamed for the inevitable.
where do we go from here? and where's the money? on 23:55 - Aug 20 with 3153 viewsPunteR

where do we go from here? and where's the money? on 21:02 - Aug 20 by Benny_the_Ball

Did they really dig deep into their pockets? From what I can see they saddled the club with a huge debt which they then converted into shares in a vain bid to circumnavigate FFP rules.

In any event, spending lots of money on overpaid prima-donnas should not be applauded as sound management. The majority of fans would have settled for a more sustainable approach akin to Burnley's where the manager and squad that got us promoted in the first place was largely kept in tact with sensible additions here and there.

As it is we've now gone from one end of the spectrum (throwing money around) to the other (putting our faith in youngsters). Little wonder Fernandes has taken a back seat; that coward knows what's coming and doesn't want to blamed for the inevitable.

And not forgetting that a lot of the money spent was legit QPR's money not Tunes.
TF is ducking out of the hard times and trying to somehow blame fans that use Twitter as an excuse.
The bloke is just a massive liberty taker.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

where do we go from here? and where's the money? on 23:59 - Aug 20 with 3149 viewssmegma

where do we go from here? and where's the money? on 21:02 - Aug 20 by Benny_the_Ball

They didn't convert debt into shares in a vain bid to circumnavigate FFP rules. That's what the punishment was.

Strange how we're the only club punished by such a large fine. When Chelsea and City were under scrutiny years ago the football authorities did nothing. The authorities say they can't tell clubs how to run a business when it comes to how much clubs charge fans. But then tell clubs how to run their business when it comes to spending ????
where do we go from here? and where's the money? on 00:08 - Aug 21 with 3142 viewsitsbiga

Certainly TF has been a cataclysmic failure as a Chairman. Fooking awful state of affairs.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

where do we go from here? and where's the money? on 06:39 - Aug 21 with 3067 viewsdistortR

where do we go from here? and where's the money? on 23:59 - Aug 20 by smegma

They didn't convert debt into shares in a vain bid to circumnavigate FFP rules. That's what the punishment was.

Strange how we're the only club punished by such a large fine. When Chelsea and City were under scrutiny years ago the football authorities did nothing. The authorities say they can't tell clubs how to run a business when it comes to how much clubs charge fans. But then tell clubs how to run their business when it comes to spending ????

this.
where do we go from here? and where's the money? on 06:49 - Aug 21 with 3055 viewsWixamsR

This is probably a stupid question, but I am not shy of those...

Why could TF/Tune/whoever not have done a Mike Ashley and sponsored the stadium/training ground/ellerslie road toilets for the money they wanted to pump in? Make it the Air Asia Bogs and pay £50m for the privilege, surely that would then become income in to the club and a way around the FFP rules?

I'm not saying that is necessarily a model we should follow, throwing money at it doesn't work for us, but surely that could have kept FFP from the door?
where do we go from here? and where's the money? on 06:57 - Aug 21 with 3037 viewsisawqpratwcity

where do we go from here? and where's the money? on 06:49 - Aug 21 by WixamsR

This is probably a stupid question, but I am not shy of those...

Why could TF/Tune/whoever not have done a Mike Ashley and sponsored the stadium/training ground/ellerslie road toilets for the money they wanted to pump in? Make it the Air Asia Bogs and pay £50m for the privilege, surely that would then become income in to the club and a way around the FFP rules?

I'm not saying that is necessarily a model we should follow, throwing money at it doesn't work for us, but surely that could have kept FFP from the door?

They're wise to that. Sponsorship costs are modeled for each League and disproportionately large sums are discounted with the balance considered against FFP.

where do we go from here? and where's the money? on 07:05 - Aug 21 with 3021 viewsWixamsR

where do we go from here? and where's the money? on 06:57 - Aug 21 by isawqpratwcity

They're wise to that. Sponsorship costs are modeled for each League and disproportionately large sums are discounted with the balance considered against FFP.

I knew there would be a reason, thanks.

That reinforces the idea that FFP isn't to keep clubs from imploding financially and is to keep the little clubs down, where they belong.
where do we go from here? and where's the money? on 07:22 - Aug 21 with 2989 viewsisawqpratwcity

where do we go from here? and where's the money? on 07:05 - Aug 21 by WixamsR

I knew there would be a reason, thanks.

That reinforces the idea that FFP isn't to keep clubs from imploding financially and is to keep the little clubs down, where they belong.

Little bit from column A, little bit from column B...

where do we go from here? and where's the money? on 08:05 - Aug 21 with 2920 viewsDejR_vu

where do we go from here? and where's the money? on 23:55 - Aug 20 by PunteR

And not forgetting that a lot of the money spent was legit QPR's money not Tunes.
TF is ducking out of the hard times and trying to somehow blame fans that use Twitter as an excuse.
The bloke is just a massive liberty taker.

This 100%.

We were a Premier League club when they arrived. The income from that season and any parachute payments arising from relegation were contractually due to the club before the buy-out. That was the club's money, earned by the Warnock promotion. They undoubtedly put their own in as well, but the fact that a massive proportion of what's been wasted was the club's seems, in the main, to have been overlooked. It's that money that hurts the most. That's the money that should have been used on a training ground / infrastructure to secure our future. It's that money that should have been the springboard for self-sustainability. Wasted.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

where do we go from here? and where's the money? on 08:14 - Aug 21 with 2895 viewsisawqpratwcity

where do we go from here? and where's the money? on 08:05 - Aug 21 by DejR_vu

This 100%.

We were a Premier League club when they arrived. The income from that season and any parachute payments arising from relegation were contractually due to the club before the buy-out. That was the club's money, earned by the Warnock promotion. They undoubtedly put their own in as well, but the fact that a massive proportion of what's been wasted was the club's seems, in the main, to have been overlooked. It's that money that hurts the most. That's the money that should have been used on a training ground / infrastructure to secure our future. It's that money that should have been the springboard for self-sustainability. Wasted.

Yeah, right. You want the owners to refund the money paid to the club from TV money and parachute payments, too? Money paid to the club they bought and paid for?

What would you like next? A credit for the games we lost? Damages for pain and distress?

Your sense of entitlement is ridiculous.

where do we go from here? and where's the money? on 08:39 - Aug 21 with 2854 viewsDejR_vu

where do we go from here? and where's the money? on 08:14 - Aug 21 by isawqpratwcity

Yeah, right. You want the owners to refund the money paid to the club from TV money and parachute payments, too? Money paid to the club they bought and paid for?

What would you like next? A credit for the games we lost? Damages for pain and distress?

Your sense of entitlement is ridiculous.

What on earth are you talking about? Where have I mentioned the owners refunding the club. I'm simply pointing out it hasn't all come from their pockets, as seems to be the common consensus, a large proportion was the club's.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

where do we go from here? and where's the money? on 09:36 - Aug 21 with 2783 viewsfrancisbowles

where do we go from here? and where's the money? on 08:39 - Aug 21 by DejR_vu

What on earth are you talking about? Where have I mentioned the owners refunding the club. I'm simply pointing out it hasn't all come from their pockets, as seems to be the common consensus, a large proportion was the club's.

When they bought the club they bought it's assets as well as it's debts!
where do we go from here? and where's the money? on 10:00 - Aug 21 with 2746 viewstimcocking

The only thing we have yet to try is keeping a settled management and playing squad. There is only one way to improve a mediocre team that doesn't involve new signings. Consistency and continuity. Play with the same individuals in the same positions time and again until you develop an understanding. If you play the same people in the same positions under the same management, they'll improve drastically.

Unfortunately, modern football being what it is and social media being what it is, giving a platform to people who haven't played sport at any kind of level therefore haven't a clue about what they are talking, means this can't/won't happen.

So as far as i can see, we're screwed.

Unless! There is one other way to help the team...the fans! Let's just accept it'll take a miracle to stay up and support the team whatever. If we turn, that is definitely game over.

Ps for the record, i've managed a couple of teams over the years. Always seen a huge improvement over time. I took one team from 29th out of 30 one year to 9th out of 30 just one year later without changing the personnel (they were my mates, i wasn't allowed to drop anybody). And if i remember correctly, only one team conceded less goals that second season. Because we were organised. That was a good achievement, a high quality inter-university league. We literally had the worst squad but were so hard to score against.
where do we go from here? and where's the money? on 10:02 - Aug 21 with 2739 viewsisawqpratwcity

where do we go from here? and where's the money? on 08:39 - Aug 21 by DejR_vu

Money going to the club which they owned, and the money was spent on the club.

They would have been entirely within their rights to spend nothing on strengthening the club, just take the money and invest it in airplanes or Ferraris or whatever. It was their money, they owned the club. But they didn't, they used it and then shoveled in more of their own money, a lot more. You can criticise the owners for a lack of nous (and that is improving), but they scored 100% for commitment throughout.

where do we go from here? and where's the money? on 13:18 - Aug 22 with 2535 viewsthemodfather

some excellent replies....players wages seem to be the common factor and agents!!

then paying off sacked managers etc......too many came for the bucks, good god even odemwengie drove down from the midlands to try and crash the party!!! and sat outside hq until the lights went off......he may still be there, buried under parking tickets, who knows?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024