Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The morning after the night before 07:26 - Aug 22 with 2991 viewsYorkRanger

Still feeling empty and stunned and really cant work out in my mind what is going on. The comments on here and Twitter are sad and watching people falling out with each other is very depressing, along with seeing the club on its knees and the poisonous atmosphere that surrounds it.

I'd ;love to know what the answer is. I'm not singing the praises of McClaren, but I admit that I did think his coaching pedigree would be valuable to us.The concern was always that he isn't a strong enough manager to unite a team and get them playing for him and that seems to be manifesting itself.

That said its hard not to have some sympathy for him. Sure he has made mistakes (for example he should have shut up shop when we were 4-1 down at WBA), however looking at the goals last night you have to wonder how he or any manager can legislate for that. A full back slipping and a goalkeeping error for the first, a full back losing his man for the second and a poor pass (from Scowen) creating the opening for the third.

I do think that the simple fact is the team isn't good enough and the summer player departures have weakened us to a point where we are struggling to compete (particularly defensively). If the much mooted loan players come in quickly then perhaps the tide could turn. I remember many years back the team being in a very poor state defensively and then Tilson and Peacock coming in, and things picked up quite quickly for the better.

Having said that if we lose Saturday, it is hard to see McClaren surviving.

Apologies for the rambling, needed to write something down - very dark days.
The morning after the night before on 07:41 - Aug 22 with 2910 viewsHunterhoop

It just wasn’t individual errors that cost us that game. They didn’t help, but so much else was wrong. It was a far worse performance than against Sheff Utd, and Bristol City looked a far worse side than the Blades.

In a low quality affair we held our own for the first 40, probably shading it. We ditched playing it and but resorted to going long, with only Washington up top. At best he forced throw ins or we one the second ball Dom the clearance. At worst it can straight back and we dealt with it.

We then concede a terribl first goal. The back line was a complete mess: Leistner too deep, Bidwell too high and narrow. Some skips over, someone doesn’t close down and Ingram dives over the shot.

Thereafter we fell to pieces. The subs were baffling. We lost any width we had. The players clearly sidn’t Know where they were meant to be playing or where their teammates were meant to be. We had no option but to hoof and hope. We created one proper “should score” chance, at home against a poor Brizzle side as we slid to a 3-0 home defeat.

The lack of leadership or positive impact from the dug out at HT or during the second half was telling, especially after Saturday’s debacle. We’ve lost some good players, but even those left are better than this. They may not be good enough to keep us up, but losses and performances of this nature are a step further.
The morning after the night before on 07:58 - Aug 22 with 2813 viewsbillericaydicky

The worst part for me was the fact that Bristol are a poor side. Had we played one of the top teams last night it would have been another hiding a la WBA.

We have three Plan B strikers and no Plan A attacker, a woeful keeper (as Clough said you build from the back, starting with the keeper), and a 'team' who once they go a goal behind look like they will throw the towel in.

We have that horrible look of relegation teams who lack goals, but leak at the other end, an awful combination. Add to the mix the fact that we are a basket case of a club and the perfect storm has arrived. My concern is we end up doing a Luton, going down again and again. This is serious.

And Wigan, in my opinion, will be a tougher game than last night.

Happy days.
The morning after the night before on 08:08 - Aug 22 with 2759 viewssevenhoop

The morning after the night before on 07:41 - Aug 22 by Hunterhoop

It just wasn’t individual errors that cost us that game. They didn’t help, but so much else was wrong. It was a far worse performance than against Sheff Utd, and Bristol City looked a far worse side than the Blades.

In a low quality affair we held our own for the first 40, probably shading it. We ditched playing it and but resorted to going long, with only Washington up top. At best he forced throw ins or we one the second ball Dom the clearance. At worst it can straight back and we dealt with it.

We then concede a terribl first goal. The back line was a complete mess: Leistner too deep, Bidwell too high and narrow. Some skips over, someone doesn’t close down and Ingram dives over the shot.

Thereafter we fell to pieces. The subs were baffling. We lost any width we had. The players clearly sidn’t Know where they were meant to be playing or where their teammates were meant to be. We had no option but to hoof and hope. We created one proper “should score” chance, at home against a poor Brizzle side as we slid to a 3-0 home defeat.

The lack of leadership or positive impact from the dug out at HT or during the second half was telling, especially after Saturday’s debacle. We’ve lost some good players, but even those left are better than this. They may not be good enough to keep us up, but losses and performances of this nature are a step further.

agreed. Have a look at the first goal again. Leistner was criminally deep - have a look at it ffs! I said at the time "how has that pass even been possible without him being offside?" and now, as I look again, it is clear. That is rank bad defending and the coach needs to get a grip of him. As for poor Ingram, what can you say? he is clearly shot (hopefully temporary) and must be left out.
The morning after the night before on 08:10 - Aug 22 with 2742 viewsYorkRanger

The morning after the night before on 08:08 - Aug 22 by sevenhoop

agreed. Have a look at the first goal again. Leistner was criminally deep - have a look at it ffs! I said at the time "how has that pass even been possible without him being offside?" and now, as I look again, it is clear. That is rank bad defending and the coach needs to get a grip of him. As for poor Ingram, what can you say? he is clearly shot (hopefully temporary) and must be left out.

The views so far are helpful, I wasn't there last night and couldn't watch it on Sky so good to get some considered thoughts from people who saw it first hand....
The morning after the night before on 08:16 - Aug 22 with 2682 viewsrajman

Feel that its not entirely the fault of McClaren. I simply think the team is not good or strong enough to compete for a full 90 minutes of competitive championship football. The division is a tough one and one where every game is a battle for points. Yes Bristol C were a weaker opponent (on paper) but the board seemed to have thought we finished mid table great lets build a team around the youngsters and the players left. In fact we haven't strengthened at all. To me the midfield looked static , Scowen and Luongo looked like their laces had been tied together. Freeman looked lost at times, Bidwell doesn't seem as quick as I've seen him before..etc etc...
Is it me or does it look like we have no pace, Eze yes the boy has talent but I don't see players running at speed at defenders and taking them on.
Watched brief highlights of the Swansea V Leeds game and the pace they seemed to be playing was a different level.
Oh dear...I don't post very often so had to get this off my chest...last night was the first time in a long time I was close to TV Rage :-)
The morning after the night before on 08:21 - Aug 22 with 2659 viewsBostonR

I sense they may stick with McClaren and look to help him out with loans.

I note James Collins was at the game last night, so perhaps he could be on his way in. On the positive side Baptiste and Rangel looked decent, but what on earth are we going to do with Lynch and Leistner? Leistner looked at best League 2 quality last night, plus Bidwell is just woeful at present - someone needs to get him on the training pitch and teach him how to cross a ball!

God knows the team needs some quality reinforcements and quick. McClaren's big mistake was picking Washington up front last night. The whole stadium could not understand that selection given he has scored 13 goals in 89 games for the R's. Been going since 1973 and that was one of the most inept performances I have watched and against a poor team!
The morning after the night before on 08:46 - Aug 22 with 2529 viewspaulparker

I don't even get what we are trying to do as a club anymore
the preseason it was all talk about how much Olly had underachieved with the team and how the board had budgeted for 10th !! and how his tinkering was a source of frustration , we didn't even get to say goodbye to the bloke , he deserved a round of applause after the Brum game
we then go over the DOF head and appoint a man who last got Newcastle relegated because the owner (sorry one of the owners) liked him during his 1st stint of coaching here
the plan was to bring this team kicking and screaming playing beautiful football and develop these youngsters further
well after 4 games they have gone backwards ,
Manning is loaned out and I cant see the life of me why, we need a player like him starting , Smyth has hardly had a kick , nor has chair, Ingram is a nervous wreck , we have bought in the German Bob Malcolm so instead of having a faster CB beside him to help cover his lack of mobility we partner him with the equally less mobile and awful Lynch and try and play out from the back, we have no cover for either fullback position
and we are now launching long balls to Washington , I cant even tell you what our style of play is , we could be playing until next week and still couldn't score against a very , very , very average Bristol city team( they couldn't believe their luck last night)
for all the talk of Ollys tinkering McLaren doesn't know his best eleven either and has changed the team every game
it now appears that the manager doesn't want the head scouts nor DOF players
we are lurching towards not even getting a loan in
TF has vanished and put someone else in as chairmen and the fight has gone , the ground is half empty, the players don't look fit or interested ,
this is a major mess all caused by our wonderful owners , on a par I would say with 2000/01 , yet people still wont have it ,
this will be TF 4th relegation campaign in 7 years and all of those bar the 1st season(that's because we still had the Warnock team in the background btw) have been spineless , all of those have had managers in charge who shouldn't have been here who we hand picked by him , the last 7 years has had no thought process to it , its lets throw this at it or try this and see if it works approach
we will go down again and I think unless we have new owners we will be down in league one for a very long time

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The morning after the night before on 08:49 - Aug 22 with 2503 viewsBlue_Castello

The morning after the night before on 08:10 - Aug 22 by YorkRanger

The views so far are helpful, I wasn't there last night and couldn't watch it on Sky so good to get some considered thoughts from people who saw it first hand....

The temptation is always to post when you get back from the match but that can be pretty counter productive as in my case I was so pissed off you don't necessarily give a balanced view on what you've witnessed.

Part of me just wants to blame McLaren, especially when he keeps banging on about the kids, there was only one playing you dick head. That said he pretty much abandoned playing out from the back, which we were all screaming for him to do because we don't have the players, and for 40 minutes we shaded Bristol had the better chances and could have been 2-0 up.
The fact that player mistakes led to all three goals is not Mclarens fault, we can't keep beating him up if the players are letting him down and let's face it the squad is a lot weaker than last year.

Not sure where I stand with McLaren because I didn't want him in the first place and I genuinely thought Ollie deserved another year. I don't know how long we can keep McLaren but the new guy if we get one has to work with the same players. We desperately need to strengthen the defence I just don't rate the BFG and we've made him captain, if we don't get some very good loans in quickly we are definitely going down.

The other major issue is can we afford to sack McLaren with FFP still looming as we don't yet know the results of the third year of the rolling three years.i can't help thinking that Lee Hoos is an incredibly astute businessman but that he may be playing this a very tight game to ensure we don't go over FFP again when our parachute payments end.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2018 8:59]
Login to get fewer ads

The morning after the night before on 08:59 - Aug 22 with 2424 viewsPunteR

The morning after the night before on 08:46 - Aug 22 by paulparker

the preseason it was all talk about how much Olly had underachieved with the team and how the board had budgeted for 10th !! and how his tinkering was a source of frustration , we didn't even get to say goodbye to the bloke , he deserved a round of applause after the Brum game
we then go over the DOF head and appoint a man who last got Newcastle relegated because the owner (sorry one of the owners) liked him during his 1st stint of coaching here
the plan was to bring this team kicking and screaming playing beautiful football and develop these youngsters further
Manning is loaned out and I cant see the life of me why, we need a player like him starting , Smyth has hardly had a kick , nor has chair, Ingram is a nervous wreck , we have bought in the German Bob Malcolm so instead of having a faster CB beside him to help cover his lack of mobility we partner him with the equally less mobile and awful Lynch and try and play out from the back, we have no cover for either fullback position
and we are now launching long balls to Washington , I cant even tell you what our style of play is , we could be playing until next week and still couldn't score against a very , very , very average Bristol city team( they couldn't believe their luck last night)
for all the talk of Ollys tinkering McLaren doesn't know his best eleven either and has changed the team every game
TF has vanished and put someone else in as chairmen and the fight has gone , the ground is half empty, the players don't look fit or interested ,
this is a major mess all caused by our wonderful owners , on a par I would say with 2000/01 , yet people still wont have it ,
this will be TF 4th relegation campaign in 7 years and all of those bar the 1st season(that's because we still had the Warnock team in the background btw) have been spineless , all of those have had managers in charge who shouldn't have been here who we hand picked by him , the last 7 years has had no thought process to it , its lets throw this at it or try this and see if it works approach
we will go down again and I think unless we have new owners we will be down in league one for a very long time

Spot on.
TF stepping down is telling. Would he have stepped down if we were in the Premier league.?
Bottle job. Nice guy apparently though.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The morning after the night before on 09:06 - Aug 22 with 2386 viewsheadhoops

All of the posts above are thoughtful, articulate and accurate. For the majority of a slow and rather cagey first half we were slightly the better of two teams where neither looked like scoring. The first goal was always going to be key. The dreadful miss by Washington merely confirmed what the 11,000 in the stands already know but what Maclaren doesn't, Washington up front is not up to this level. Full of honest endeavour but as we all know Jude the Cat finds the back of the net more often. For 40 minutes Scowen was our best player, Pav, Freeman and Luongo mainly anonymous and Eze having little impact on the game.
Their first goal was yet another epic display of poor defending. Rangel, Baptiste and Bidwell move out, BFG2 drops back giving their guy the freedom of Loftus Road. Bidwell slips (not the first or last time, why is the pitch watered to be like a skating rink?), scuffed shot goes through Baptiste and Ingram should be saving it all day long. Give the lad a break and play Lumley Saturday. What little confidence we had drained away.

You would expect a 'manager' of SML experience to be able to lift his side, get them psyched up and bombing out of the blocks for the 2nd half. Instead we show our soft underbelly yet again within 5 minutes. Long throw, flick on to man in acres of space who looks up and crosses to Weimann (copyright North - he scores for fun against us). Bidwell leaves him wide open, weimann, reads the matchday programme, eats his slice of cold pizza and carlsberg lager, a snip at £8.40 before heading in.
Game over as Bristol, waste time, go down injured and basically strangle the life out of the game. By this stage we resort to pumping it even further towards Washington who by now isnt even bothering to contest the header. Is the big man ready to come on? Yes after 10 minutes of poncing about, tying a bandage to his head, farcical.
Even our best touch player Eze has been dragged down to non-league football missing a relative sitter. Still enough time left for a cameo from Sylla and an inevitable third keystone kops goal. Scowen slips, makes up for it with a tackle ball falls kindly, Ingram saves, ball ricochet's perfectly for a cross to weimann who unlike eze slots home first time. Cue R block leaving in droves singing Sacked in the morning.
Sure Schteve cannot legislate for individual mistakes but it is his job to get the team playing, together and last night we did not look like a side that had any belief or system in place. We need more experience?? Really? Rangel - BFG2 - Baptiste - Bidwell a back four with a combined age of 258?
Been going since 1970 and that was one of the worst teams I have seen.
Lose at home to Wigan in a similar fashion and $od stability WallyBrolley has to go. If MacLaren was TF's choice the manner of his appointment and the mess we are in does lay firmly at his feet.
Dark days indeed.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

The morning after the night before on 09:14 - Aug 22 with 2338 viewsstevec

A good thread, agree with all the posts in their various guises.

A side that finished 16 th weakened by losing 3 of its best players and replaced by a defender who shouldn’t be playing league football and this is what you get.

McClarens not getting it right but seeing this side v Sheffield and Bristol I sympathise with any manager trying to make a competitive team out of this lot.
The morning after the night before on 09:25 - Aug 22 with 2273 viewsHadders

Things look very bad now, and I was disappointed by Olly's sacking, but it's only four games and we have to give McClaren a bit more time to figure out his options. I only go to home games and thought we played reasonably well at times and were unlucky to lose against Sheffield United. I liked how we were passing it around in that game and would rather McClaren stuck to his guns in that respect. Last night we came out with a lot of energy and a more direct style, and had more chances than City in the first half...even at West Brom, we were drawing at half time. After 0 points out of 12 I'm clutching at straws, but I think we have a squad (with one or two loans to shore up the defence, which is clearly very shaky) who should be able to survive in this division.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2018 9:29]
The morning after the night before on 09:29 - Aug 22 with 2235 viewsGloucs_R

Worst squad I have seen for years and I said that we'd need a lot of the players to really step up and play to their full potential.

In reality, they seem to have gone the other way.

Mass, Scowen....seem to have gone massively backwards. Neither can control and dominate the midfield.

The back 4 lack any pace. Baptiste and Lynch were 3/4 choice last season. Kakay was almost released for not being good enough and Angel is 35 years old!!

Ingram doesnt seem to be Championship standard. Probably our own fault for letting him rot for so long and hampering his development. Lumley has played more competitive football over the past 2 seasons.

Freeman and Eze cant play in the same team. We expect too much from Eze....last season he was at Wycombe and was regularly getting mixed reviews. Brilliance mixed with going missing for long periods of games.

Pav needs a few games to get back into it, I still think he's our best winger.

BOS or Smyth - stick with one of them for a few games. Stop switching it around. BOS has huge potential.

Forwards - we really need a goal scorer. Sylla - just cant be arsed. Washington - just not good enough. Smith - tries hard and scores but is limited to what he can bring. Personally, I think he has to be the 1st choice at the moment though. Oteh - honestly, I think he is to small and lightweight to make it. Thats a problem I see with a lot of the youth team coming through. The Chelsea youth lads / now U23 are all 6'4 and shaving by the time they turn 12. Its OK having the odd smaller player but the Championship is a physical league.

I think we made the wrong decision sending Manning out on loan, that should have been Cousins.

I do feel sorry for Mclaren to some extent. I have no problem admitting I was excited at him coming in but I also thought Ollie did enough at the end of last season to keep his job (up to that point I had called for him to be replaced). But surely an experienced manager looks at the squad and thinks "buggar playing out from the back with this lot. Lets find out their strengths and play to them". Thats what a good manager does isnt it?

I think we needed 4/5 new loans / signings - RB - Angel, CB (Collins, hopefully he can do a Nelsen / Dunne for us) a nasty midfielder who gets into the ref's and other players faces and 1 or 2 strikers.

Poll: Are we staying up?

The morning after the night before on 09:33 - Aug 22 with 2220 views08olesen

The reality is that TF and Les played ‘chicken’ with the squad, they let all those experienced players leave and pissed about putting all their eggs in the Trent Sainsbury basket. They expected the new lads to jump straight in an continue where the others left off. But Onohua was a very good defender and Joel Lynch isn’t even close to matching him. This approach has left both Les and TF with their pants round their ankles and stitched up SM in the process.

SM is not without blame, his tactics don’t fit the players and he doesn’t seem to be able to galvanise them either. The players themselves need to pull their finger out, BFG has been appalling and it looks like QPR have ruined another promising defender there. Josh Scowen is the only one who has any credibility left for me, the rest don’t seem to care.

The fans have a right to be annoyed with what they are seeing but we need to get behind the team. Last night it seemed like some of the fans wanted the 3rd goal so they could sing ‘your getting sacked in the morning’.

The last thing we need now is another club legend like ainsworth getting slaughtered in this toxic environment, we need a solid old head to keep us up. McCarthy or Moyes would be my choice, but I doubt they would come to this basket case of a club at the moment.

Poll: Who will the other play off

The morning after the night before on 09:48 - Aug 22 with 2131 viewsDejR_vu

The morning after the night before on 08:46 - Aug 22 by paulparker

Agree with all of this except being in League One for a long time, more likely to be lower.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

The morning after the night before on 09:54 - Aug 22 with 2083 viewsrobith

It was my first game of the season as I was at my brother's wedding on the Sheff Utd game.

Now, I am the very definition of a happy clapper. I will always advocate time. I will always get behind the team. But I felt last night that all my veener and everything I've every tolerated broke a little.

It wasn't helped by the fact that loads of people in my part of the the world haven' renewed or moved. We had a great little community and last night it was full of people who I don't think have ever even been to a game before. You know what's worse than watching your team be humiliated? Watching that happen while some eejit mouths off.

3 Bristol fans sat in front of us too, laughing at us the whole way. At the end of the game I could barely muster the energy to go up and tell them not to sit in home ends as not everyone is as nice as us.

I like Holloway, but could understand why he went. I thought McClaren made sense but I felt hopeless last night. I sat there in dread because I knew if they scored, it would turn (in fairness to the fans, I felt we did actually get behind the team and put up with a lot before it did turn. I'd never boo, but I'll turn a blind eye after performances like that).

There seemed to be no system whatsoever. I don't care what you say about quality - you can coach and create a system that maximises your resources. 4 years ago I saw a Chile side with League One centre backs almost knock Brazil out of their own world cup. What are we doing with our players to compensate for their abilities? I get that Washington probably isn't ever gonna work out, but up front on his own? Again? What's the point? What is the point?

The subs. Don't even get me started. Chaotic. Stupid. Dulling. Bring on the big man, but take off our best crosser? This isn't rocket science stuff. Bring off Mass for Cousins but then Cousins ends up at right back? This site would've crashed if Holloway had done that.

The lack of leadership from McClaren. I dont expect the manager to be screaming and shouting, but he just kinda...stood there? The feeling he didn't have a clue isn't helped by that.

I thought we developed youth now? I am younger than most of our back 4 last night and it's rare that I get to say that any more.

You lose 7-1. It's embarrassing. But you know, those things happen in the championship. You batten down the hatches. By hook or by crook you do not lose the next game. That worries me.

Yes, we've a young(ish) team and the skill isn't the highest. So we need a coach who is going to organise, and if the players don't have the steel, he'll give it to them. On the basis of last night McClaren has neither

If you break you leg in an accident you can hobble around and hope it wasn't as bad as you thought, or you can take the short term pain of resetting and splinting it.

I genuinely can't believe I'm saying this, as it goes against everything I think and feel about football. But we have to sack him and we have to sack him now.

Christ.
The morning after the night before on 09:56 - Aug 22 with 2072 viewsDorse

Watching from home with Mini Dorse, what struck me was the lack of any clear game plan.

Washington, for all his limitations, is a willing runner in the Jamie Mackie mould. If he's up front in his own, balls need to be played in behind through the inside left / right channels. We had a bit of pace in the shape of Wszolek too and yet we never really seemed to get City turned around. On the two occasions we managed it (Wszolek to Washinton first half and Washington to Eze second) the oppo were in real trouble.

And then the '20 Minutes Of Raging Fcukwittery' that seems to be a legal requirement of any QPR team cost us (another) two goals. Bidwell's slip (unfortunate but still enough to raise my blood pressure to telephone numbers), Ingram's channelling of the ghost of Rob Green followed by the inexplicable gifting of a scenic tract of land with great development potential to Weinmann was depressingly predictable.

So far, so fcuking irritating. But it was the response from McLarsole that really gripped my $hit. Take off any width we might currently enjoy, replace it with Smith (up against two CBs who have barely needed to win a header all night) and Jordan 'Fcuking' Cousins, the player for whom the term WTF may actually have been coined. And there, Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, we have the crucial piece of evidence that the hair island has actually bored directly into Schteve's cerebral cortex. We all thought he was doing a comedy accent at Twente but it may have been slurred speech caused by invasive hair follicles. They should do a public information film or something.

I am usually relentlessly upbeat about QPR but seeing the haphazard nature of the changes which:
a) completely nullified Eze and Freeman
b) ignored the fact that we had Smyth the Younger on the bench to provide pace and width, and
c) led inexorably to the patented Middlesbrough Add-A-Striker Formula being applied liberally (and, let's face it, the term 'striker' is a fairly liberal one when applied to ours)
...mean that for the first time in ages, I am thinking that we are fcuked (and not in a good way).

We lost any shape, impetus and you could see the players had little or no idea what was going on as the management were making it up as they went along.

Loan players will not help. At no point last night did I think 'if only we had Wayne Routledge' we'd be 3 up'. Ditto Martin, Thorne, Collins, Hemed, Bassong et al. Say what you like about some of the managers we've suffered under - it was rarely, if ever, as bad as this.

I apologise to anyone in possession of a hair island that may have been offended by my words.

Except Schteve.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2018 10:07]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The morning after the night before on 10:22 - Aug 22 with 1970 viewsdaveB

I don’t know where we go from here. I don’t want to be someone calling for the manager to go but this isn’t very good.

Genuinely feel depressed about it and decided last night I’m going to stay away from games for a month, I just don’t enjoy it anymore and I'm fast becoming a miserable bastard, i can't sleep at night thinking about it all and am miserable all day. Hopefully a break away from going to games will make me feel a bit better and start enjoying going again
The morning after the night before on 10:36 - Aug 22 with 1901 viewsstevec

The morning after the night before on 10:22 - Aug 22 by daveB

I don’t know where we go from here. I don’t want to be someone calling for the manager to go but this isn’t very good.

Genuinely feel depressed about it and decided last night I’m going to stay away from games for a month, I just don’t enjoy it anymore and I'm fast becoming a miserable bastard, i can't sleep at night thinking about it all and am miserable all day. Hopefully a break away from going to games will make me feel a bit better and start enjoying going again

The best thing about last night was the Nepalese curry and a couple of pints of Cobra beforehand.

In future me and my son are going to go through the usual pre match rituals pertaining to kick off time and at 2.45/7.30 (delete as applicable) say our goodbyes and fck off home.
The morning after the night before on 11:53 - Aug 22 with 1794 viewsconnell10

I'm thinking along the same lines mate, just ain't enjoying it anymore!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

The morning after the night before on 12:13 - Aug 22 with 1733 viewsBostonR

My group (10 of us) gave up our ST's this year as we were not enjoying it and started falling-out with each other over performances and the future of Ollie. Five of us went last night and we broadly agreed that it was one of the worst performances by the team and management for sometime and our decision not to re-new our ST's was the right one.

On loans, I think it is the only card we have left to play to allow McClaren a bit more time. Other than that, I cannot really add anymore as all of the posts on this thread are spot-on.
The morning after the night before on 12:39 - Aug 22 with 1641 viewssevenhoop

The morning after the night before on 09:56 - Aug 22 by Dorse

Watching from home with Mini Dorse, what struck me was the lack of any clear game plan.

Washington, for all his limitations, is a willing runner in the Jamie Mackie mould. If he's up front in his own, balls need to be played in behind through the inside left / right channels. We had a bit of pace in the shape of Wszolek too and yet we never really seemed to get City turned around. On the two occasions we managed it (Wszolek to Washinton first half and Washington to Eze second) the oppo were in real trouble.

And then the '20 Minutes Of Raging Fcukwittery' that seems to be a legal requirement of any QPR team cost us (another) two goals. Bidwell's slip (unfortunate but still enough to raise my blood pressure to telephone numbers), Ingram's channelling of the ghost of Rob Green followed by the inexplicable gifting of a scenic tract of land with great development potential to Weinmann was depressingly predictable.

So far, so fcuking irritating. But it was the response from McLarsole that really gripped my $hit. Take off any width we might currently enjoy, replace it with Smith (up against two CBs who have barely needed to win a header all night) and Jordan 'Fcuking' Cousins, the player for whom the term WTF may actually have been coined. And there, Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, we have the crucial piece of evidence that the hair island has actually bored directly into Schteve's cerebral cortex. We all thought he was doing a comedy accent at Twente but it may have been slurred speech caused by invasive hair follicles. They should do a public information film or something.

I am usually relentlessly upbeat about QPR but seeing the haphazard nature of the changes which:
a) completely nullified Eze and Freeman
b) ignored the fact that we had Smyth the Younger on the bench to provide pace and width, and
c) led inexorably to the patented Middlesbrough Add-A-Striker Formula being applied liberally (and, let's face it, the term 'striker' is a fairly liberal one when applied to ours)
...mean that for the first time in ages, I am thinking that we are fcuked (and not in a good way).

We lost any shape, impetus and you could see the players had little or no idea what was going on as the management were making it up as they went along.

Loan players will not help. At no point last night did I think 'if only we had Wayne Routledge' we'd be 3 up'. Ditto Martin, Thorne, Collins, Hemed, Bassong et al. Say what you like about some of the managers we've suffered under - it was rarely, if ever, as bad as this.

I apologise to anyone in possession of a hair island that may have been offended by my words.

Except Schteve.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2018 10:07]

don't disagree with any of that. I can't be bothered to call for the manager's head, like most, I think that move would be pointless. I am a bit tired (already) of hearing about our "young" team when we do not put a young team on the pitch. i think loaning out Manning (especially to a relegation rival) was an awful move and sent out all the wrong signals
The morning after the night before on 13:31 - Aug 22 with 1540 viewsYorkRanger

Really sad that supporters as loyal as the likes of Dave B for so many years feel this way, It feels like the soul has been ripped out of the club and in such a short space of time.

I'm not re-opening the Ollie debate and sure there were things last year that could have been better, but it wasn't that long ago that there was a real feel good with the team being built, having Rangers people managing it and all the great work being done off the pitch with the Community activity and Grenfell etc.

It makes you weep...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024