Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Villa vs Brentford 20:18 - Aug 22 with 5310 viewspaulparker

Watching this and I can’t help but admire how Brentford play, every year they lose 3 or 4 players but they scout well and play quick organised football the difference to them and us is night and day , goes to show how far we have fallen

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Villa vs Brentford on 20:22 - Aug 22 with 4403 views2Thomas2Bowles

Reading 2 up at Blackburn

We are nailed to the bottom

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Villa vs Brentford on 20:25 - Aug 22 with 4396 viewsDorse

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Villa vs Brentford on 20:27 - Aug 22 with 4383 viewsdaveB

When Fernandes came in we were a premier league side, Brentford were in league 1 and we were light years ahead of them. Hell of an effort to get to this positon
Villa vs Brentford on 20:30 - Aug 22 with 4358 viewsitsbiga

Villa vs Brentford on 20:27 - Aug 22 by daveB

When Fernandes came in we were a premier league side, Brentford were in league 1 and we were light years ahead of them. Hell of an effort to get to this positon

its an impressive fook up

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Villa vs Brentford on 20:34 - Aug 22 with 4337 viewspaulparker

Villa vs Brentford on 20:27 - Aug 22 by daveB

Very true mate, same could be said of Bournemouth & Huddersfield as well , all of them have brilliant managers all of them have good owners and conveyor belt of players on their scouting data base to sign if needed

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Villa vs Brentford on 20:40 - Aug 22 with 4300 viewsHarbour

Stoke 2 down at home to Wigan. Stoke second bottom 2 points with how much money they have spent.
Villa vs Brentford on 20:42 - Aug 22 with 4293 viewsHunterhoop

The thing about Brentford is they play with consistent, disciplined width. Every time they play us or when I’ve seen them against others, they have two wide players literally standing on the white lines of their flank. Their CMs always have an out ball to feet out wide, as do their defence.

These wide players aren’t pushed onto the full back and they never begin narrow. They tuck in when Brentford lose possession, but as soon as it’s regained they’re back out there in a flash.

Last spring, that Woods fella just got the ball, took one tough and then spread it 40 yards to the far flank before anyone could get near him. Our full backs couldn’t dare push up for fear of exposing our centre halves and leaving a channel for their forward to run into. We actually had a spare central midfield, but because there was always that pass on the flanks, Woods just dropped dropper to buy himself a split second meaning none of the 3 could get to him in time before he sprayed it. It was like clockwork.

When you gain possession having width is so important. It makes it easier to pass to feet. It makes the pitch bigger for the defending team to cover and so creates space.

We ended up without a right back or right midfielder on the right flank last night. It was painful to watch. At one point Cousins and Scowen tried to play a 1-2 down there and I thought, “there is no way McLaren EVER intended, for that to be a method of attack with those two players. Meanwhile, Pav, Smyth, BOS, Shodipo were in the dug out/stand and Wheeler on loan. Madness.
Villa vs Brentford on 20:43 - Aug 22 with 4289 viewsBluce_Ree

"Watching this and I can’t help but admire how Brentford play"

No.

I'm still coming to terms with how fking awful everything about our club is. I'm still pretty fking far away from sucking off Brentford though.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Login to get fewer ads

Villa vs Brentford on 20:45 - Aug 22 with 4276 viewsmakaveli1882

especially my mate Chris Mepham who is a Rangers season ticket holder who was released by Paul Bruce
Villa vs Brentford on 20:53 - Aug 22 with 4237 viewsdanehoop

was this a gimp thing?

Never knowingly understood

Villa vs Brentford on 20:55 - Aug 22 with 4220 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I was talking to a mate who's actually a Leeds fan (Dad was Leeds) but also a Brentford season ticket holder. He gives all the credit for Brentford's success to their owner Matthew Benham. Says as soon as he bought the club they just started bringing in a different class of player and he's got no idea how they do it. It's just a very clever set-up there and it's all down to the owner. Don't think we should beat ourselves up too much about their success. Poles apart from us at the moment.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Villa vs Brentford on 21:08 - Aug 22 with 4168 viewsrsonist

Villa vs Brentford on 20:40 - Aug 22 by Harbour

Stoke 2 down at home to Wigan. Stoke second bottom 2 points with how much money they have spent.

Been saying for a while now that Rowett's got the distinct whiff of Mark Hughes. Nice that they repeated the mistake - then again we wanted him too didn't we...
[Post edited 22 Aug 2018 21:09]
Villa vs Brentford on 21:12 - Aug 22 with 4140 viewsrsonist

Villa vs Brentford on 20:45 - Aug 22 by makaveli1882

especially my mate Chris Mepham who is a Rangers season ticket holder who was released by Paul Bruce

Was wondering who was specifically responsible for that. Doesn't look as though Bruce is still employed by the club. Right crp player he was and all.
Villa vs Brentford on 21:14 - Aug 22 with 4129 viewsCheshireR

Villa vs Brentford on 20:45 - Aug 22 by makaveli1882

I did wonder which f#ckwitt was responsible for his release.
Yet another example of us shooting ourselves in the foot.
Villa vs Brentford on 21:17 - Aug 22 with 4111 viewsrsonist

Villa vs Brentford on 21:14 - Aug 22 by CheshireR

I did wonder which f#ckwitt was responsible for his release.
Yet another example of us shooting ourselves in the foot.

Every club makes ricks in youth development, it happens, part and parcel, but to say to even the worst prospect that "we can’t see anything we can work on with you" is disgusting.
Villa vs Brentford on 21:17 - Aug 22 with 4109 viewsbarbicanranger

Villa vs Brentford on 20:55 - Aug 22 by CliveWilsonSaid

I was talking to a mate who's actually a Leeds fan (Dad was Leeds) but also a Brentford season ticket holder. He gives all the credit for Brentford's success to their owner Matthew Benham. Says as soon as he bought the club they just started bringing in a different class of player and he's got no idea how they do it. It's just a very clever set-up there and it's all down to the owner. Don't think we should beat ourselves up too much about their success. Poles apart from us at the moment.

How do some teams do this and others simply cant?

I feel like we have tried to do things the right way and it hasn't worked and do things the wrong way and it hasn't worked. Like Watford change their manager every season, seems a recipe for disaster, but they are doing well. Even Benham sacked Warburton when they were doing really well under him and everyone thought he was hot stink, ordinarily that wouldn't be a recommended course.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2018 21:18]
Villa vs Brentford on 21:23 - Aug 22 with 4071 viewsCheshireR

Villa vs Brentford on 21:17 - Aug 22 by rsonist

Every club makes ricks in youth development, it happens, part and parcel, but to say to even the worst prospect that "we can’t see anything we can work on with you" is disgusting.

Agreed on both counts.
It's a massive credit to Chris Mepham that he wasn't deterred by this and has gone on to have a successful career.
Villa vs Brentford on 21:28 - Aug 22 with 4029 viewsted_hendrix

Brentford 2-1 up

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Villa vs Brentford on 21:35 - Aug 22 with 3977 viewsvanrrrr

Brentford buy so well, Watkins and Maupay are both probably worth 10m

....nice to see Villa getting done in too
Villa vs Brentford on 21:38 - Aug 22 with 3960 viewsrsonist

Villa vs Brentford on 21:35 - Aug 22 by vanrrrr

Brentford buy so well, Watkins and Maupay are both probably worth 10m

....nice to see Villa getting done in too

Especially since Maupay has seamlessly succeeded Scott Hogan who they sold to Villa for £12m and has since sunk without trace.
Villa vs Brentford on 21:39 - Aug 22 with 3952 viewsmakaveli1882

Villa vs Brentford on 21:12 - Aug 22 by rsonist

Was wondering who was specifically responsible for that. Doesn't look as though Bruce is still employed by the club. Right crp player he was and all.

Released because he couldn't play in more than one position....Bee's turned down 15 mil bids from Leicester and Bournemouth in summer!

Ironically Bruce couldn't play in any position.
Villa vs Brentford on 21:40 - Aug 22 with 3945 viewsTacticalR

Didn't we beat Villa 3-1 last season?

Air hostess clique

Villa vs Brentford on 21:43 - Aug 22 with 3926 viewsvanrrrr

still can't hold a lead though
Villa vs Brentford on 22:00 - Aug 22 with 3859 viewsswitchingcode

Villa vs Brentford on 21:43 - Aug 22 by vanrrrr

still can't hold a lead though

Felt worse at your place last season.gutted a bit but would have taken that before the game as they say.
Villa vs Brentford on 22:09 - Aug 22 with 3824 viewsvanrrrr

Villa vs Brentford on 22:00 - Aug 22 by switchingcode

Felt worse at your place last season.gutted a bit but would have taken that before the game as they say.

shame that... was hoping you'd hang on there.

Should Have killed the game off with a third by Maupay. Ref gave you nowt - Free kick for the goal was harsh I thought

Villa still top of my hate list even without Terry
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024