Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dandy Town Hornets 11:36 - Aug 24 with 4263 viewsHadders

I enjoy going on Wikipedia to check the history of new Rangers' players, and their previous clubs always interest me most. I see Nahki Wells played for the Dandy Town Hornets in Bermuda (scoring 20 goals in 0 appearances according to Wiki, pretty impressive), whilst Tomor Hemed (married to a former Miss Israel, hello) played 39 games on loan for Maccabi Ahi Nazareth. At last, the Messiah!
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 11:59]
Dandy Town Hornets on 11:38 - Aug 24 with 4241 viewsDorse

'He is the messiah. I should know, I've followed a few...'

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Dandy Town Hornets on 13:23 - Aug 24 with 4109 viewsDavieQPR

Dandy Town Hornets on 11:38 - Aug 24 by Dorse

'He is the messiah. I should know, I've followed a few...'

No he's not. He's just a naughty boy.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 13:24]
Dandy Town Hornets on 13:28 - Aug 24 with 4094 viewsaston_hoop

You're right, 10 minutes well spent! These guys are a real team in Bermuda.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flanagan%27s_Onions_F.C.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Dandy Town Hornets on 13:52 - Aug 24 with 4049 viewsR_from_afar

What a name for a team, quality!

In other news, one of the goalscorers in the Europa League last night goes by the name of (switch your screen to landscape mode):
Stênio Marcos da Fonseca Salazar Júnior.

Also known as: Junior.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Dandy Town Hornets on 15:08 - Aug 24 with 4000 viewsHadders

Dandy Town Hornets on 13:28 - Aug 24 by aston_hoop

You're right, 10 minutes well spent! These guys are a real team in Bermuda.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flanagan%27s_Onions_F.C.

Flanagans Onions FC! This deserves a thread of it's own.

Some good'uns here.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/11422687/The-funniest-football-team-n
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 15:13]
Dandy Town Hornets on 15:56 - Aug 24 with 3949 viewsEsox_Lucius

I used to play in a Summer league at Bisham Abbey and it was mostly good non league teams like Marlow, Chesham, Maidenhead Utd teams playing under a made up name fo the league. Our name was Norfolk Enchants for a season and a half before the organisers told us to change it or be chucked out, there was also A4 Milan, Crouch End vampires one season, Bombalero and a few more that I can't bring to mind right now.
Lowlights included the night we lost 17-2 to the Marlow side containing Kenny Glasgow, Mark Watkins, Ansil Bushay and Johnny Ceasar a few months before they played Spurs in the FA Cup.

The grass is always greener.

Dandy Town Hornets on 20:43 - Aug 24 with 3829 viewsGloryHunter

Is Hemed a Jewish Israeli or an Arab Israeli?
Dandy Town Hornets on 21:08 - Aug 24 with 3816 viewssmegma

Dandy Town Hornets on 13:52 - Aug 24 by R_from_afar

What a name for a team, quality!

In other news, one of the goalscorers in the Europa League last night goes by the name of (switch your screen to landscape mode):
Stênio Marcos da Fonseca Salazar Júnior.

Also known as: Junior.

RFA

We'll call him Dave then.
Login to get fewer ads

Dandy Town Hornets on 21:11 - Aug 24 with 3800 viewsaston_hoop

Dandy Town Hornets on 20:43 - Aug 24 by GloryHunter

Is Hemed a Jewish Israeli or an Arab Israeli?

Israeli Jewish, he has a Syrian-Jewish heritage father and Polish mother. Has a Polish passport so is an EU national. According to his wikipedia anyway!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Dandy Town Hornets on 21:14 - Aug 24 with 3794 viewssmegma

Dandy Town Hornets on 15:56 - Aug 24 by Esox_Lucius

I used to play in a Summer league at Bisham Abbey and it was mostly good non league teams like Marlow, Chesham, Maidenhead Utd teams playing under a made up name fo the league. Our name was Norfolk Enchants for a season and a half before the organisers told us to change it or be chucked out, there was also A4 Milan, Crouch End vampires one season, Bombalero and a few more that I can't bring to mind right now.
Lowlights included the night we lost 17-2 to the Marlow side containing Kenny Glasgow, Mark Watkins, Ansil Bushay and Johnny Ceasar a few months before they played Spurs in the FA Cup.

Crouch End Vampires are not a made up name. We played them in the FA Cup in 1901.

And we won 2-0.

'Crystal Palace, Crystal Palace, we're the famous Queens Park Rangers and we're going to Crystal Palace'
Dandy Town Hornets on 22:35 - Aug 24 with 3742 viewsEsox_Lucius

Dandy Town Hornets on 21:14 - Aug 24 by smegma

Crouch End Vampires are not a made up name. We played them in the FA Cup in 1901.

And we won 2-0.

'Crystal Palace, Crystal Palace, we're the famous Queens Park Rangers and we're going to Crystal Palace'

They must have seen that name and "adopted" it.

The grass is always greener.

Dandy Town Hornets on 12:43 - Aug 25 with 3581 viewssmegma

Dandy Town Hornets on 22:35 - Aug 24 by Esox_Lucius

They must have seen that name and "adopted" it.

They still play today.
Dandy Town Hornets on 12:57 - Aug 25 with 3565 viewskensalriser

Night games only, presumably.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024