Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back 17:42 - Aug 25 with 7513 viewsBlackCrowe

It was a nailbiter but thought we were just about worth the win. Proper forward play by the two newbies and much better organisation by the defence and Lumley very assured, always talking to his back line. much better.

Also 99.9% certain I saw Idris Elba outside the ground afterwards next to my car. He was absolutely off his trolley with a couple of mates. Is he an R?
[Post edited 25 Aug 2018 17:46]

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Just back on 17:54 - Aug 25 with 5941 viewsridethewave

I thought our defence was poor again, we really need additions there and Furlong coming back will be a new signing. Leistner looks very ordinary at best to me, and the problem - well one problem - with making him captain is he’s going to be harder to drop. Baptiste has got to feel unlucky to be ousted for Lynch as well, I’d have him there any day over that bloke.

The two new chaps up top made all the difference as you say, looked so much better going forward with them!
Just back on 17:59 - Aug 25 with 5893 viewsGloryHunter

Great backs-to-the-wall defence in the second half, I'd say.
Just back on 18:04 - Aug 25 with 5837 viewsSnipper

I can’t believe how nervous I was for the last 5 mins plus stoppage time.

The front two and a good reliable goalie made a massive difference.
Just back on 18:08 - Aug 25 with 5780 viewsTacticalR

We looked better with better forwards.

While we spent a lot of time discussing our defensive weaknesses in recent weeks we forgot attack is a kind of defence. Without it the opposition can come forward and grows in confidence during a game.

It did leave me wondering why Holloway wasn't able or wasn't allowed to get better forwards.

Lumley also made a big difference. Without having to do too much he seemed to be in the right place at the right time.

We weren't waiting to lose like we have been in the last few weeks.

Air hostess clique

Just back on 18:24 - Aug 25 with 5581 viewsNortholt_Rs

Elba is a gooner...

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Just back on 18:33 - Aug 25 with 5495 viewsPinnerPaul

Thought Wigan deserved the draw, but we looked a lot more solid today.

Baptiste unlucky to be dropped but Lynch had a good game.

Wells and Hamed looked exactly what they are - not quite good enough for Prem but a class above what we have.

Put defenders under pressure which resulted in some panicky clearances at times - haven't seen that from oppo this season.

Lots of focus on the defence but AGAIN the midfield 3, especially Freeman and Luongo a) give up possession too easily and b) rarely win it back.

That sounds a little negative and both DID improve 2nd half.

There will be a riot when it happens but think Eze will get dropped soon.

Needs the game and ball to fall for him - unlike Wells and Hamed who are constantly trying to make things happen - I know he's a young kid and those are experienced professionals, but IMHO he's becoming a luxury (Tin hat on!)

A big relief all round as could be witnessed by the 'We've won the league' type lap of honour at the end!

'McClaren In' …….for now then!

PS Ref had a good game apart from 1 'missed' yellow for them for a challenge on Bidwell that was identical to the one Hamed got cautioned for.
Just back on 18:48 - Aug 25 with 5334 viewsmylot50years

Just back on 18:08 - Aug 25 by TacticalR

We looked better with better forwards.

While we spent a lot of time discussing our defensive weaknesses in recent weeks we forgot attack is a kind of defence. Without it the opposition can come forward and grows in confidence during a game.

It did leave me wondering why Holloway wasn't able or wasn't allowed to get better forwards.

Lumley also made a big difference. Without having to do too much he seemed to be in the right place at the right time.

We weren't waiting to lose like we have been in the last few weeks.

Regarding Holloway and loans don't believe any manager at other clubs would consider letting him get his hands their players, his sound reputation in the game and the belief that he was a tactical genius went only as far as himself and his fan club.
Just back on 18:53 - Aug 25 with 5285 viewsDejR_vu

Given the last two results, thought it was a decent performance. Fortunate Wigan were so poor, but 3 points and a clean sheet is about as much as you could ask. Thought Hamed and Wells were pretty good and gave us a bit if a boost. Still some poor performances and a better team would have taken at least a point but it gets us going and off the bottom.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Login to get fewer ads

Just back on 18:59 - Aug 25 with 5237 viewsBlackCrowe

Makes sense. Certain it was him though.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Just back on 19:16 - Aug 25 with 5117 viewsPikey

Just back on 18:59 - Aug 25 by BlackCrowe

Makes sense. Certain it was him though.

For us old bugger season tkt holders it's £3 not sure his much cheaper you could back it. But there are those who would complain if it was free.
Don't forget we won today so they need something tomoan about.
Probably the same folk who moan about us selling players ect just buy a ticket and support your club.
Just back on 19:24 - Aug 25 with 5014 viewskensalriser

Hemed.

As he was such a good egg to score the goal that won the game, it's the least we can do to get his name right!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Just back on 19:40 - Aug 25 with 4902 views08olesen

Thought we played well in parts. I would have taken Eze off a lot earlier, he kept leaving his man. Pav would have been a better replacement after we had gone 1-0 up.

There were a lot of nervous clearances as well, i hope that now we have that first win, they can calm down and really hoof it up the pitch instead of up in the air towards their own goal.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Just back on 20:09 - Aug 25 with 4662 viewsconnell10

Just back on 18:33 - Aug 25 by PinnerPaul

Wells and Hamed looked exactly what they are - not quite good enough for Prem but a class above what we have.

Put defenders under pressure which resulted in some panicky clearances at times - haven't seen that from oppo this season.

Lots of focus on the defence but AGAIN the midfield 3, especially Freeman and Luongo a) give up possession too easily and b) rarely win it back.

Needs the game and ball to fall for him - unlike Wells and Hamed who are constantly trying to make things happen - I know he's a young kid and those are experienced professionals, but IMHO he's becoming a luxury (Tin hat on!)

A big relief all round as could be witnessed by the 'We've won the league' type lap of honour at the end!

PS Ref had a good game apart from 1 'missed' yellow for them for a challenge on Bidwell that was identical to the one Hamed got cautioned for.

Lets get this right you are suggesting we drop our last youth team player because he didnt quite live up to your high standards? I mean your statement that Smyth should be put out on loan after one poor half of football {in your opinion} was crass but this just takes the biscuit! Sorry me old mucker you are spouting complete and utter bollox!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Just back on 20:23 - Aug 25 with 4533 viewsjonno

Just back on 19:40 - Aug 25 by 08olesen

Thought we played well in parts. I would have taken Eze off a lot earlier, he kept leaving his man. Pav would have been a better replacement after we had gone 1-0 up.

There were a lot of nervous clearances as well, i hope that now we have that first win, they can calm down and really hoof it up the pitch instead of up in the air towards their own goal.

The nerves were understandable but I think actually having strikers on the pitch who look like they can actually get a goal makes a massive difference to the whole team. We still need to improve the defence but knowing you at least have a chance to get a goal or two has to improve the overall confidence of the team.
Just back on 20:56 - Aug 25 with 4381 viewskropotkin41

I only listened and watched the brief highlights. On the question of the impact of the new strikers though, it occurred tome that it's been a while since we've had a striker confident and capable enough to score a goal like Hemed did today.

Even against Bristol City, if Washington had banged that chance from the 6 yard line in the game might have gone another way entirely.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Just back on 21:13 - Aug 25 with 4274 viewsVancouverHoop

I was struggling to figure out the formation up front. It was listed as a two – Hemed/Wells – but in the first half Wells seemed to spend a fair bit of time wide right, as did Eze and Freeman (possibly because it's the sunny side of the ground!) though they worked on the left too. Hemed was alone in the middle, and until the goal, seemed a bit invisible but may have been making himself a nuisance and creating space elsewhere.
Just back on 21:19 - Aug 25 with 4219 viewsVancouverHoop

Just back on 20:56 - Aug 25 by kropotkin41

I only listened and watched the brief highlights. On the question of the impact of the new strikers though, it occurred tome that it's been a while since we've had a striker confident and capable enough to score a goal like Hemed did today.

Even against Bristol City, if Washington had banged that chance from the 6 yard line in the game might have gone another way entirely.

TBH I thought Hemed's goal was totally Syllaesque. Big scuffle iffy clearance header back in by Leistner the banged in from the melée of flying legs in the box.
Just back on 21:27 - Aug 25 with 4168 viewsTacticalR

Just back on 21:13 - Aug 25 by VancouverHoop

I was struggling to figure out the formation up front. It was listed as a two – Hemed/Wells – but in the first half Wells seemed to spend a fair bit of time wide right, as did Eze and Freeman (possibly because it's the sunny side of the ground!) though they worked on the left too. Hemed was alone in the middle, and until the goal, seemed a bit invisible but may have been making himself a nuisance and creating space elsewhere.

I thought it was 4-4-2 (ish)

Rangel-Leistner-Lynch-Bidwell
-Eze-Luongo-Scowen-Freeman
-Wells-Hemed

and at times 4-2-2-2 (ish)

-------Luongo-Scowen
-------Eze-Freeman
-------Wells-Hemed

Air hostess clique

Just back on 21:39 - Aug 25 with 4087 viewsTacticalR

Just back on 21:19 - Aug 25 by VancouverHoop

TBH I thought Hemed's goal was totally Syllaesque. Big scuffle iffy clearance header back in by Leistner the banged in from the melée of flying legs in the box.

That's a fair point, and that is definitely Sylla territory.

Having said that overall I had the feeling that both Wells and Hemed are both more natural strikers than Sylla and were a bit more involved in the game than he would have been (without wanting to read too much into one game).

Air hostess clique

Just back on 22:18 - Aug 25 with 3902 viewsWestonsuperR

Fantastic to get the win but the honest assessment is we were outplayed for much of the match and Wigan worth at least a draw. The positives I could draw from the match were Lumley being so assured and seemingly desperate to win, Freeman much better than he has been and that Wells and Hemed should end up being a real handful in this division.

All in all, loads of passion shown, great 3 Pts but plenty of work to do especially in defence.
Just back on 22:24 - Aug 25 with 3877 viewsRs_Holy

Yep not great but 3 points and those celebrations at the end were fantastic
Just back on 22:32 - Aug 25 with 3823 viewsCiderwithRsie

Just back on 18:33 - Aug 25 by PinnerPaul

That's really helpful.

I wonder about Eze's place. In some ways one of the youngsters who play wide would be a better option - don't think he's a luxury but it's tough on him that we've signed two players directly competing with him.

But he's young, there's time; and chances off the bench and during injuries. More worried for Manning, Smyth and BOS, I really want us to keep them even if their chances are limited now. Nurturing these guys isn't a luxury, it's a necessity.
Just back on 23:53 - Aug 25 with 3525 viewsPunteR

Just back on 22:32 - Aug 25 by CiderwithRsie

That's really helpful.

I wonder about Eze's place. In some ways one of the youngsters who play wide would be a better option - don't think he's a luxury but it's tough on him that we've signed two players directly competing with him.

But he's young, there's time; and chances off the bench and during injuries. More worried for Manning, Smyth and BOS, I really want us to keep them even if their chances are limited now. Nurturing these guys isn't a luxury, it's a necessity.

Yeh i was a bit worried about putting to much emphasis on Eze. Good player but not in the same league as Taraabt. I dont think it will hurt him having players in front in the pecking order. Disapointed about Smyth BOS and Manning not getting games as they looked like legit decent players for QPR. We might as well ditch the youth policy now and just loan players in just to stay afloat. Ask Swindon fans how relying on loan players goes..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Just back on 00:13 - Aug 26 with 3435 viewsbaz_qpr

Just back on 21:27 - Aug 25 by TacticalR

I thought it was 4-4-2 (ish)

-Eze-Luongo-Scowen-Freeman
-Wells-Hemed

and at times 4-2-2-2 (ish)

-------Luongo-Scowen
-------Eze-Freeman
-------Wells-Hemed

Seemed like a straight 4-4-2 to me with one of the strikers dropping deeper when we were without the ball
Just back on 02:35 - Aug 26 with 3233 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Just back on 00:13 - Aug 26 by baz_qpr

Seemed like a straight 4-4-2 to me with one of the strikers dropping deeper when we were without the ball

Probably going against opinion but thought the ref had a shocker. First, I thought our goal shouldn't have stood for a push but won't complain because that seemingly happens to us every game. Also thought every single decision was guessed, half the time it was behind him and he just chose what was more right. Maybe that's me be annoying though.

On the game, Hemed and Wells, even though obviously rusty, still a much better improvement, which is a shame because Smith and Washington are obviously good lads, just not good enough, and they showed that today with their flicks, movements, general play. Freeman and Eze is awkward because I see flair in both yet both are hard to play on the wing, mainly due to their lack of defence and want to keep the ball.

Lumley a class apart from Ingram, much more confident.

All in all there are positives to take, but still much to improve on

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024