Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP John McCain 12:56 - Aug 26 with 5584 viewsisawqpratwcity

John McCain, Republican Presidential candidate 2008, Vietnam POW.
I don't normally laud right-wing politicians, but in his Presidential campaign, when a supporter said she didn't trust Obama because "he's an Arab", he corrected her, "No, Ma'am, he's a decent family man, citizen, that I just happen to have disagreements with." 100% class.
That and he also liked to give Trump a serve on a regular basis, including voting to preserve ObamaCare.
RIP John.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2018 13:14]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

RIP John McCain on 08:36 - Aug 27 with 4715 viewsblacky2013

in terms of American politicians he always came across as a decent politician and human being. I think American politics is a poorer place with his loss. RIP
RIP John McCain on 08:59 - Aug 27 with 4691 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Contrary Mary here!

At the risk of speaking ill of the dead, having the demeanour of a gentleman doesn’t forgive a career of cutting workers rights, environmental vandalism, tax cuts for the richest, opposing free healthcare, and financial deregulation (leading to the 2008 crash).

For those saying he was a true Patriot, he opposed a bill to give military veterans free education if they left the military with PTSD or severe injuries.

Let’s not re write history.

I wish his family well.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2018 9:00]
RIP John McCain on 09:05 - Aug 27 with 4672 viewsHooparoo

RIP John McCain on 08:59 - Aug 27 by BazzaInTheLoft

Contrary Mary here!

At the risk of speaking ill of the dead, having the demeanour of a gentleman doesn’t forgive a career of cutting workers rights, environmental vandalism, tax cuts for the richest, opposing free healthcare, and financial deregulation (leading to the 2008 crash).

For those saying he was a true Patriot, he opposed a bill to give military veterans free education if they left the military with PTSD or severe injuries.

Let’s not re write history.

I wish his family well.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2018 9:00]

No one hates like the left

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

RIP John McCain on 09:06 - Aug 27 with 4671 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

RIP John McCain on 09:05 - Aug 27 by Hooparoo

True.
RIP John McCain on 10:49 - Aug 27 with 4563 viewsrobith

During McCain's presidential run during one of his speeches he sang Bomb Iran to the tune of Barbara Ann by the Beach Boys.

Respect his actions in Vietnam (he refused early release secured because of his dad's influence as he thought it unfair), he was one of the few conservative voices challenging Trumps descent into authoritarianism and he faced death with a tremendous courage. But there's no need to retcon the past of a man whose biggest political cause was trying to stop Martin Luther King Day becoming a holiday
RIP John McCain on 10:52 - Aug 27 with 4560 viewsTacticalR

Really? Have a look at this post from a couple of years ago:

Donald Trump - Make America Great Again!
Donald Trump - Make America Great Again! by SpiritofGregory 25 Jul 2015 11:37
Has anyone else on here been following the American election?

Trump has got all the lefties wound up with his no nonsense, unpolitically correct straight talking.

The Democrats have also got their own version on Corbyn who is rivalling Hilary Clinton.

Trump is degrading American politics and turning everything into a circus.

Commentators of the left and the right are desperately looking to restore the status quo ante and are now treating opposition politicians as great statesmen in the vain hope of restoring 'civility' to politics and promoting a mythical era of non-partisanship.

As pointed out in one article McCain played a role in letting the Trump genie out of the bottle by choosing the raucous, self-serving and destructive Sarah Palin as his running mate.

John McCain opened Pandora’s box — Sarah Palin came out, but Trump was right behind her
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/aug/26/john-mccain-sarah-palin-donald-t

Air hostess clique

RIP John McCain on 11:18 - Aug 27 with 4505 viewsWanderR

This is worth watching again. I can't imagine any current presidential candidate, blue or red, making such a magnanimous or eloquent concession speech.

Current location: OX10

RIP John McCain on 11:20 - Aug 27 with 4502 viewsJigsore

"I hate the gooks" - John McCain

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Login to get fewer ads

RIP John McCain on 11:23 - Aug 27 with 4491 viewsblacky2013

RIP John McCain on 11:20 - Aug 27 by Jigsore

"I hate the gooks" - John McCain

After what he went through you can't blame him that sentiment.
RIP John McCain on 11:35 - Aug 27 with 4464 viewsJigsore

RIP John McCain on 11:23 - Aug 27 by blacky2013

After what he went through you can't blame him that sentiment.

yes I can. if he still hates 'the gooks' after all these years he would perhaps be better off evaluating why he was in that country in the first place and what he was doing (bombing a civillian factory I think) - and ensuring it never happened again. But his views on Iraq made it clear he hasn't done anything of the sort.

Opposing Trump (low bar) isn't his legacy. His voting record, his actions and his laughable Presidential campaign should decide his legacy and the outlook isn't good.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

RIP John McCain on 13:49 - Aug 27 with 4334 viewsCaptainPugwash

Arrrrrrrrr...
Johnny Wetstart tweren't no friend 'o the sea!

http://www.monomakhos.com/johnny-wet-start/

Yo Ho!
RIP John McCain on 14:37 - Aug 27 with 4256 viewsElHoop

Can't really think of anyone anywhere on the political scene at the moment whose passing would see me sobbing with uncontrolled grief. It all seems far more shite globally at the moment than it's beenbefore in my lifetime, or maybe I just notice it more now. It's shite anyway.
RIP John McCain on 16:35 - Aug 27 with 4164 viewsisawqpratwcity

RIP John McCain on 13:49 - Aug 27 by CaptainPugwash

Arrrrrrrrr...
Johnny Wetstart tweren't no friend 'o the sea!

http://www.monomakhos.com/johnny-wet-start/

Yo Ho!

Sorry, Cap'n, that "Johnny Wetstart" piece doesn't prove anything. Have a read through the comments afterwards, a fair few of the correspondents rip tp pieces the author's contention that McCain was to blame. I watched the YouTube vid linked to the article and the next to show after that one was this:
which appears to capture the missile launch which led to the fire (3:32) and shows no sign of fuel or fire prior to the missile launch.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

RIP John McCain on 16:51 - Aug 27 with 4143 viewsCaptainPugwash

RIP John McCain on 16:35 - Aug 27 by isawqpratwcity

Sorry, Cap'n, that "Johnny Wetstart" piece doesn't prove anything. Have a read through the comments afterwards, a fair few of the correspondents rip tp pieces the author's contention that McCain was to blame. I watched the YouTube vid linked to the article and the next to show after that one was this:
which appears to capture the missile launch which led to the fire (3:32) and shows no sign of fuel or fire prior to the missile launch.

Look again shipmate,camera missed o' the action.Nicely edited it be!
I preferrs the eye witness account!

Nice feller(for a landlubber that is)
http://www.patdollard.com/flashback-john-mccain-calls-his-wife-a-c*nt-and-a-whor

Yo Ho!
[Post edited 27 Aug 2018 16:53]
RIP John McCain on 18:31 - Aug 27 with 4023 viewsCaptainPugwash

Arrrrrrr...
Master Wet-Start be kneelin' before Poseidon 'ere now I reckons to atone for his folly.
Many brave 'earts are asleep in the deep.

Yo Ho.
RIP John McCain on 19:49 - Aug 27 with 3974 viewsDannyPaddox

But who can explain the mystery of the masturbating dolphins?
RIP John McCain on 20:45 - Aug 27 with 3935 viewskropotkin41

F*ck John McCain.

https://teifidancer-teifidancer.blogspot.com/2018/08/goodbye-senator-john-mccain

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

RIP John McCain on 20:56 - Aug 27 with 3917 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

RIP John McCain on 20:45 - Aug 27 by kropotkin41

F*ck John McCain.

https://teifidancer-teifidancer.blogspot.com/2018/08/goodbye-senator-john-mccain

RIP John McCain on 21:30 - Aug 27 with 3866 viewskropotkin41

RIP John McCain on 20:56 - Aug 27 by BazzaInTheLoft

Pilger bang on as usual.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

RIP John McCain on 21:31 - Aug 27 with 3864 viewsUPPERLOFTNZ

Horrible man. Utterly repulsive human being.
https://static.theintercept.com/amp/john-mccain-fake-maverick-horrible-record.ht

Football is Faith
Poll: OK.. Next season. Where do you think we will finish?

RIP John McCain on 22:17 - Aug 27 with 3802 viewsFDC

Seeing people trying to lionise someone as awful as McCain as an honorary liberal is really odd, and probably quite representative of how badly liberalism has lost its way.
RIP John McCain on 22:25 - Aug 27 with 3781 viewsCiderwithRsie

This has turned into one of the most unpleasant threads on this place ever and a lot of you should be ashamed of yourselves.
RIP John McCain on 23:05 - Aug 27 with 3749 viewsJigsore

RIP John McCain on 22:25 - Aug 27 by CiderwithRsie

This has turned into one of the most unpleasant threads on this place ever and a lot of you should be ashamed of yourselves.

unpleasant? haha my man this thread is incredibly serene and reasonable compared to a lot of takes on McCain which are not unwarranted. death does not excuse one from life.

that is maybe an unfairer reflection on McCain. but there was nothing like that

if you really would like to see something unpleasant then I implore you just wait until Henry Kissinger dies :)

RIP John McCain on 23:34 - Aug 27 with 3708 viewsBoston

RIP John McCain on 22:25 - Aug 27 by CiderwithRsie

...sorta creepy.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

RIP John McCain on 01:44 - Aug 28 with 3623 viewskensalriser

His chips are shit too.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024