Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR v Derby tickets - 6th October 12:53 - Aug 29 with 2029 viewsKonk

My Dutch mate is bringing his Father-in-law across to London for his 60th birthday and given the choice of going anywhere in town, he's said he'd like to watch Rangers. They're after 5 tickets together; what do you reckon the chances of them finding 5 together will be if they wait until General sale? It's the Father-in-law's 1st ever game in the UK, so where do you reckon is best for view/legroom? I've sat in all four stands and I reckon legroom's not happening, but from memory the SAR was probably best for view and staying dry...or am I wrong?

Any help would be much appreciated. I'll be sending them to the Crown before the game. Cheers, Konk

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

QPR v Derby tickets - 6th October on 13:11 - Aug 29 with 1976 viewsLongsufferingR

Excellent choice Konk. An hour and a half of Lampard/Keogh baiting would be worth thirty quid of anybody's money.

Chances of finding 5 together on general sale - excellent
Cheaper tickets will be on Twickets near the time but you won't get 5 together on there
SAR definitely best for views and upper tier all covered except at the very front. Best for legroom would be at home on the sofa.

Enjoy!
QPR v Derby tickets - 6th October on 13:13 - Aug 29 with 1968 viewsMytch_QPR

Hi mate,

I hope you are well in sunny Brizzle.

You'd probably get 5 together in A or B blocks in SAR on general sale - that seems to be the last area to sell out. Expect one or two seats to have a restricted view - these can be a blessing in disguise. Legroom is pretty appalling everywhere in my experience, but you could try calling the box office prior to general sale to ask about booking for 5 and see what they suggest.

Padded seats and (I think) slightly better legroom available in block C (Flavio used to call it the 'C Club', presumably because you'd have to be a total C to pay a grand for a season ticket). You can also have a nose at the Directors Box and see the likes of Pardew / Curbishley (or whoever else is rumoured to be taking McClaren's job next) as they shuffle off for their half time Bovril.

Do you get to see any Fulham games at the moment?

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

QPR v Derby tickets - 6th October on 13:16 - Aug 29 with 1951 viewsRs_Holy

Best atmosphere is in the R Block... Weve also adopted safe standing near the back (so leg room is not an issue)
QPR v Derby tickets - 6th October on 13:21 - Aug 29 with 1929 viewsToast_R

Did I hear to today that the FA or EFL whichever is the Organ Grinder, have approved Safe Standing and will now recommend it be sanctioned by the Government?
QPR v Derby tickets - 6th October on 13:22 - Aug 29 with 1928 viewssimmo

I my experience, you're almost better off getting 3 and then 2 in front. 5 means you're along a row and less 'together', where as in a 3 with 2 directly in front they can all celebrate the many QPR goals scored together... It's also easier than 5 in one row together.

Avoid the paddocks and lower loft but almost everywhere else is protected from the elements. Upper Loft is members only but I'm sure you can get some numbers from people on here to help you out if there's no other alternatives. Best view would be SAR stand, just be wary of a slither of seats diagonal of each pillar which blocks the goals, you'll be able to tell once you open the ticketing thing which are slightly restricted.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

QPR v Derby tickets - 6th October on 13:36 - Aug 29 with 1888 viewsKonk

Thanks chaps - very helpful. Any idea when tickets generally go on general?

I haven't been yet this season, as I'm never in London at the right time and I've also got the hump a bit about our ticket prices, which start at £45+booking fee for Watford, Bournemouth etc and increasingly take the pi ss once it's the more glamourous clubs involved. Thought we were too expensive for walk up tickets last season and disappointed to see the club haven't used the TV money to keep prices down. Early bird season tickets were excellent value in most parts of the ground as they were fixed before we knew what division we'd be in, and with season ticket holders and the away allocation, that only leaves something like 8,000 tickets priced on a game-by-game basis, so I'm not sure they need to be so expensive, given the TV deal.

The club have obviously either figured that fans will just suck it up or if not, the seats will get filled by tourists. Bit short-sighted. Not that a tenner here or there defines my finances, but it does rankle with me and I'd sooner not give them any encouragement to further take the pi ss. Lots going on at the moment with a young son and house renovations, so will probably get to 3-4 aways and similar home games this season. Shame as we look to have a pretty exciting team. Love living in Bristol, though; well happy with the move.

QPR v Derby tickets - 6th October on 13:38 - Aug 29 with 1876 viewsKonk

QPR v Derby tickets - 6th October on 13:22 - Aug 29 by simmo

I my experience, you're almost better off getting 3 and then 2 in front. 5 means you're along a row and less 'together', where as in a 3 with 2 directly in front they can all celebrate the many QPR goals scored together... It's also easier than 5 in one row together.

Avoid the paddocks and lower loft but almost everywhere else is protected from the elements. Upper Loft is members only but I'm sure you can get some numbers from people on here to help you out if there's no other alternatives. Best view would be SAR stand, just be wary of a slither of seats diagonal of each pillar which blocks the goals, you'll be able to tell once you open the ticketing thing which are slightly restricted.

Thanks Simmo - good advice. I always go with the multiple rows set up if there's a few of us; much more sociable.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024