Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McLaren’s tactics 20:42 - Sep 6 with 7240 viewsAgedR

Gently brilliant

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

McLaren’s tactics on 20:51 - Sep 6 with 6152 viewsdaveB

saw this last week and still laughing at it now, too funny
McLaren’s tactics on 21:26 - Sep 6 with 6083 viewsTrom

Is it just me that thinks this is rubbish
McLaren’s tactics on 22:18 - Sep 6 with 5959 viewsStanisgod

McLaren’s tactics on 21:26 - Sep 6 by Trom

No

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

McLaren’s tactics on 22:25 - Sep 6 with 5943 viewsHamptonR

Absolute shit.
McLaren’s tactics on 23:37 - Sep 6 with 5847 viewskensalriser

I got to just over a minute before realising it was wasting my life.

This from someone who's wasted probably hundreds of hours on LfW.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

McLaren’s tactics on 01:47 - Sep 7 with 5784 viewstimcocking

McLaren’s tactics on 21:26 - Sep 6 by Trom

No, me too.

Unless it wasn't supposed to be funny? Perhaps it was an accurate portrayal.
McLaren’s tactics on 05:27 - Sep 7 with 5711 viewsPlanetHonneywood

The only funny thing about it, is there are people who actually find it funny. Each to their own etc., but I also thought it utterly shite!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

McLaren’s tactics on 09:28 - Sep 7 with 5588 viewsAgedR

Funny how reaction to this has snowballed from someone agreeing they enjoyed it, to another saying “they” didn’t find it funny, then to statements that it “is” objectively shxt and ending with a view that questions the judgement of anyone who might think it is amusing.

The self righteous workings of social media exemplified.

Thanks for the feedback though.

Login to get fewer ads

McLaren’s tactics on 09:52 - Sep 7 with 5542 viewsMytch_QPR

McLaren’s tactics on 09:28 - Sep 7 by AgedR

Funny how reaction to this has snowballed from someone agreeing they enjoyed it, to another saying “they” didn’t find it funny, then to statements that it “is” objectively shxt and ending with a view that questions the judgement of anyone who might think it is amusing.

Everyone's a critic these days.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

McLaren’s tactics on 10:01 - Sep 7 with 5516 viewsRs_Holy

It’s a ‘Shite’ from me... although I do appreciate it is very subjective!
McLaren’s tactics on 10:05 - Sep 7 with 5502 viewsLunarJetman

I thought it was a bit crap to be honest. You can like it if you want but personally I didn't find it funny.

Its not to my tastes so I would wonder who/why anyone would find it funny but each to their own.
McLaren’s tactics on 10:30 - Sep 7 with 5454 viewsdaveB

Blimey, I didn't know the comedy police were in
McLaren’s tactics on 10:34 - Sep 7 with 5443 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Clearly inaccurate, that hair island is far too large (I haven't watched it).
McLaren’s tactics on 12:05 - Sep 7 with 5346 viewsfrancisbowles

We have had simultaneous threads on here about a week ago and I found it funny and relevant so started one of them.

However, I have only watched it once and now it is done.
McLaren’s tactics on 12:57 - Sep 7 with 5276 viewsToast_R

I found it very funny.
McLaren’s tactics on 18:56 - Sep 7 with 5016 viewsPlanetHonneywood

McLaren’s tactics on 10:30 - Sep 7 by daveB

Blimey, I didn't know the comedy police were in

They weren’t!

It wasn’t comedy it was puerile at best, and not ‘gently brilliant’ as the OP suggested! But whereas many have said he’s entitled to his view of what constitutes funny, he’s taken umbrage at an alternative view of what some think is ‘robustly shite!’

I guess it comes down to this: if you think ‘Are You Being Served?’ is comedy gold, then grow a pair if some think it, a) utter shite and b) tell you...and my pussy and I are unanimous in that!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

McLaren’s tactics on 20:34 - Sep 7 with 4935 viewsHayesender

Why have they turned Tony Fernandes into a new York mobster?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

McLaren’s tactics on 20:40 - Sep 7 with 4930 viewsdanehoop

Didn't help to be honest that it was posted a few days ago by someone else and got exactly the same mixed response. Not for me I am afraid.

Never knowingly understood

McLaren’s tactics on 22:14 - Sep 7 with 4877 viewsAgedR

McLaren’s tactics on 18:56 - Sep 7 by PlanetHonneywood

They weren’t!

It wasn’t comedy it was puerile at best, and not ‘gently brilliant’ as the OP suggested! But whereas many have said he’s entitled to his view of what constitutes funny, he’s taken umbrage at an alternative view of what some think is ‘robustly shite!’

I guess it comes down to this: if you think ‘Are You Being Served?’ is comedy gold, then grow a pair if some think it, a) utter shite and b) tell you...and my pussy and I are unanimous in that!!

No point in getting into what is or isn’t funny. We’ve all read ‘The Comedians’.

I haven’t taken umbrage at anything - your view is your view - but it’s subjective not objective. And there was only an acknowledgement by anyone on this thread that humour might actually be a matter opinion after my post that reflected that social media engenders a negative rather than positive momentum.

I’m delighted that there is someone on LFW that can educate my funny bone and look forward to future hysterics.

In any event, the fact that the whole bloody post is a Spackman is intensely embarrassing (or rigorously emboldening, if you like).

McLaren’s tactics on 22:39 - Sep 7 with 4845 viewseccles

McLaren’s tactics on 22:14 - Sep 7 by AgedR

No point in getting into what is or isn’t funny. We’ve all read ‘The Comedians’.

I haven’t taken umbrage at anything - your view is your view - but it’s subjective not objective. And there was only an acknowledgement by anyone on this thread that humour might actually be a matter opinion after my post that reflected that social media engenders a negative rather than positive momentum.

I’m delighted that there is someone on LFW that can educate my funny bone and look forward to future hysterics.

In any event, the fact that the whole bloody post is a Spackman is intensely embarrassing (or rigorously emboldening, if you like).

Blimey. I cant wait for the football to start back up again so we can all argue about something a bit more important.
You can tell its international week can't you?
McLaren’s tactics on 23:15 - Sep 7 with 4821 viewsdanehoop

McLaren’s tactics on 22:39 - Sep 7 by eccles

Blimey. I cant wait for the football to start back up again so we can all argue about something a bit more important.
You can tell its international week can't you?

Is that because Scotland just had a fisting from Belgium?

Never knowingly understood

McLaren’s tactics on 23:56 - Sep 7 with 4771 viewsBklynRanger

I got sent it last week by friends and thought it was quite funny in a 'Man with the stick' Reeves and Mortimer way, which was never any trouble was it?

Could imagine myself singing the chorus during a particularly poor period of play in, for example, January.

Anyone getting incensed by it is madder than that snake.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2018 23:57]
McLaren’s tactics on 01:17 - Sep 8 with 4719 viewsFDC

Everything's subjective. Apart from Athletico Mince, which is bad.
McLaren’s tactics on 03:18 - Sep 8 with 4687 viewstimcocking

"Daryl Janmaat effectively blames Steve McClaren for relegation
A great coach who just so happens to be a manager."

Well thank goodness we've brought McClaren in to coach our youngsters and haven't just splurged tonnes of cash on ageing loanees...
McLaren’s tactics on 08:26 - Sep 8 with 4589 viewsdaveB

McLaren’s tactics on 18:56 - Sep 7 by PlanetHonneywood

They weren’t!

I do apologise for finding something funny, if you could let me know what I can and can't laugh at going forward that would be much apreciated
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024