Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackpool FA Cup 1990 17:21 - Sep 8 with 8453 viewsboysfromthebush

Sorry if this has been posted before but....

Thousands of Rangers there and what a lovely finish for the 2nd from CC!
Blackpool FA Cup 1990 on 17:51 - Sep 8 with 6591 viewsBoston

Never see enough of anything positive.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Blackpool FA Cup 1990 on 18:49 - Sep 8 with 6515 viewsWatford_Ranger

We won that second replay on the Monday.

Also memorable for being the day I was born.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2018 18:49]
Blackpool FA Cup 1990 on 18:59 - Sep 8 with 6482 viewsloftboy

Had a great weekend in Blackpool, couldn’t get into any of the big clubs as they made them ticket only and ended up in a small one on the outskirts of town and had a great evening.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Blackpool FA Cup 1990 on 19:06 - Sep 8 with 6466 viewsloftboy

Also it was the biggest fûck up ever on the ticketing, they went on sale on a Sunday morning to season ticket holders and members but allowed people to buy a membership on that Sunday and get tickets, the queue went right up South Africa road, had one mate who didn’t get one as he couldn’t get to HQ that day and he didn’t give us his card so we couldn’t.

Blackpool FA Cup 1990 on 19:21 - Sep 8 with 6453 viewsToast_R

Can someone explain why the second replay was also at LR?
Blackpool FA Cup 1990 on 19:28 - Sep 8 with 6436 viewsWatford_Ranger

Blackpool FA Cup 1990 on 19:21 - Sep 8 by Toast_R

Can someone explain why the second replay was also at LR?

They tossed a coin for it I believe.
Blackpool FA Cup 1990 on 19:52 - Sep 8 with 6410 viewsloftboy

Blackpool FA Cup 1990 on 19:28 - Sep 8 by Watford_Ranger

They did indeed, I was sweating on that a bit as I went to every game that season home and away and was running out of holiday at work for the midweek away games, had to throw a sickie for the Liverpool replay in the 1/4 final which was shown live on itv and was spotted by workmates several times!

Blackpool FA Cup 1990 on 20:21 - Sep 8 with 6364 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Blackpool FA Cup 1990 on 19:28 - Sep 8 by Watford_Ranger

They did. It was on the pitch after the first replay finished. The ref tossed the coin and those of us who stayed behind saw Razor point down at the pitch to tell us that we were back at HQ for the next one.

I was 20, my Rangers were going to Wembley, and all was right with the world.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Blackpool FA Cup 1990 on 20:50 - Sep 8 with 6333 viewsYorkRanger

Went to that game and if memory serves me correctly we heard the draw for the next round on the Train back. Liverpool was not what we wanted..
Blackpool FA Cup 1990 on 21:54 - Sep 8 with 6284 viewsthorpebankR

Great memories went to all those games. Saturday night in Blackpool was memorable to say the least.
Blackpool FA Cup 1990 on 22:00 - Sep 8 with 6281 viewsterryb

Of course, we also beat them on the way to Wembley in 1982.

An away draw followed by a handsome victory at LR.
Blackpool FA Cup 1990 on 22:29 - Sep 8 with 6244 viewsRangersDave

turned up for the 2nd replay just about kickoff time, so as we were that end and didnt want to walk to the loft my dad an i went into the Blackpool end, soon got rumbled by the fans and spent the match watching the goals and as a youngling, eating the fan's sweets and drinking cans of pop they brought me .

Were top fellas, and didnt have to be so nice to a rival fan but they were great.
liked them ever since and feel sorry for them ofver their owner chairman problems.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2018 8:55]

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:19 - Sep 9 with 6106 viewsToast_R

Blackpool FA Cup 1990 on 03:17 - Sep 10 with 5845 viewsSydneyRs

This was quite a memorable cup tie. I was at both the home games.

The first home replay was an awful game ending 0-0. We were none too happy at QPRs performance and let them know at the end of the game. The Blackpool players were down at the away end thanking their fans and as they made their way back to the tunnel were given a great ovation by the QPR fans that were still in the ground. The feeling was that they, as the lower division side and heavy underdogs, had put in the type of effort we wanted to see from our own team.

When Blackpool came out for the second replay they made a point of applauding the Loft end and other QPR sections as a thank for for the reception we gave them after the previous game. This one went much more as you might have expected with QPR winning confortably.
Blackpool FA Cup 1990 on 03:31 - Sep 10 with 5840 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Now that was an excellent weekend away - a big Saturday night out in Blackpool and then the game on the Sunday.
Happy days.
Blackpool FA Cup 1990 on 11:54 - Sep 10 with 5684 viewsCamberleyR

Blackpool FA Cup 1990 on 20:50 - Sep 8 by YorkRanger

Went to that game and if memory serves me correctly we heard the draw for the next round on the Train back. Liverpool was not what we wanted..

Had we got anybody other than bloody Liverpool in that sixth round draw (I'm still old school and refer to it as the sixth round as it always was, not the quarter final) I'm sure we'd have got to the final that year. For interest, the other six teams;
Man U
Sheff U
Oldham
Villa
Palace
Cambridge

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Blackpool FA Cup 1990 on 13:37 - Sep 10 with 5622 viewsNorthernr

We'll do a piece on this ahead of the cup game so all memories of any of the games welcome...
Blackpool FA Cup 1990 on 13:51 - Sep 10 with 5597 viewsMick_S

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Blackpool FA Cup 1990 on 13:57 - Sep 10 with 5585 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Blackpool FA Cup 1990 on 03:17 - Sep 10 by SydneyRs

This was quite a memorable cup tie. I was at both the home games.

The first home replay was an awful game ending 0-0. We were none too happy at QPRs performance and let them know at the end of the game. The Blackpool players were down at the away end thanking their fans and as they made their way back to the tunnel were given a great ovation by the QPR fans that were still in the ground. The feeling was that they, as the lower division side and heavy underdogs, had put in the type of effort we wanted to see from our own team.

When Blackpool came out for the second replay they made a point of applauding the Loft end and other QPR sections as a thank for for the reception we gave them after the previous game. This one went much more as you might have expected with QPR winning confortably.

Blackpool's players came all the way down to the Loft at the end of the 2nd replay as well. Got a huge ovation.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Blackpool FA Cup 1990 on 14:12 - Sep 10 with 5560 viewsDannyPaddox

Blackpool FA Cup 1990 on 13:51 - Sep 10 by Mick_S

I remember being very excited when we signed Mickey Walsh. Probably because of that goal of the season he got for Blackpool in the mid-70s. The one Rs memory I have of him is scoring a goal at home in either a 2-2 draw or 2-1 home win. No idea who it was against but I'm sure it was on Grand National Day. My memory now functions at the level of a second-rate seaside psychic.

David Coleman's commentary and this goal. Magic!
Blackpool FA Cup 1990 on 14:48 - Sep 10 with 5527 viewspaulparker

Blackpool FA Cup 1990 on 11:54 - Sep 10 by CamberleyR

Had we got anybody other than bloody Liverpool in that sixth round draw (I'm still old school and refer to it as the sixth round as it always was, not the quarter final) I'm sure we'd have got to the final that year. For interest, the other six teams;
Man U
Sheff U
Oldham
Villa
Palace
Cambridge

Yeah typical Rangers getting Liverpool, but we gave them a proper fright and could have won
People go on about the teams of 92,93,94 but that rangers team of 1990 is my faviourite of all time as well as that season , seamen , sinton , butch , Parker, Macca, Barker was in the form of his life and should have got a call up for England , Falco doing the donkey work , wegerle being our first million pound signing , the brief but exciting Paul wright
Add in gentlemen don Howe as manager as well as the greatest kit ever in influence , we also stuffed arsenal in the league and cup, thrashed Chelsea 4-2 , Spurs 3-1 , Liverpool 3-2 , Forest 2-0
That team deserved a trophy , we were so good

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Blackpool FA Cup 1990 on 14:56 - Sep 10 with 5515 viewssmegma

What a team we had then. 2 current England internationals, 2 ex England internationals and 2 future England internationals. Then there were 2 Norn Iron internationals.

A drunken weekend in Morecambe, dancing round the pile of handbags on the dance floor in the local dive....erm nightclub.
Blackpool FA Cup 1990 on 23:22 - Sep 10 with 5368 viewsqueensparker

Didn’t go to the away game or the winning second replay, so my only memory is the first replay which was about as exciting as any of our recent League Cup ties: small crowd, sh*tty atmosphere, one of those 0-0 games you got before the back pass rule changed where basically f–k all happened for 90 mins and two teams titted about at the back all night.

Tragic I can remember more about an uneventful FA Cup replay from almost 30 years ago than pretty much any game from last season. Getting old
Blackpool FA Cup 1990 on 23:29 - Sep 10 with 5356 viewskingshill

Blackpool FA Cup 1990 on 13:37 - Sep 10 by Northernr

We'll do a piece on this ahead of the cup game so all memories of any of the games welcome...

Was at both cup games in 82 & 90 but the highlight has to be Langers hat trick in the league and the weekend on the lash up there. On the corporate tier with Shane Richie and Polish Paul carrying Del through the hotel in his vest and pants past the alcoholics anonymous convention after he slept all night outside the lift
Blackpool FA Cup 1990 on 23:46 - Sep 10 with 5348 viewsflynnbo

Drove up to the game with my Austrian girlfriend who'd always wanted to visit the Lake District. We met up with my parents who'd taken the train which was full of fans singing and drinking and they were glad to get off it, If truth be told. Then, during the game, a meat and potato pie caught my dad a glancing blow on his shoulder and exploded over his recently acquired sports jacket. He was even more grumpy after that and I felt so sorry for my mum for the journey back. Meanwhile., my girlfriend and I spent a lovely few days on Windermere.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024