Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why isn't the England game on terrestrial TV? 20:14 - Sep 8 with 3663 viewsGloryHunter

Stupid question, I know - because the FA has obviously sold out to Sky. But wasn't there some kind of agreement that all competitive international games would be on free-to-air - and is this not a competitive game?
Why isn't the England game on terrestrial TV? on 20:29 - Sep 8 with 3637 viewsStanisgod

Be thankful if you can't watch it!!!

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Why isn't the England game on terrestrial TV? on 23:07 - Sep 8 with 3505 viewsdaveB

UEFA sold the rights to the Nations League to Sky, the Euro qualifiers will be on ITV next year
Why isn't the England game on terrestrial TV? on 23:16 - Sep 8 with 3500 viewsGloryHunter

Let me get this right - the UEFA Nations League is to stop "meaningless friendlies" by having a group league format. But we will still be playing a "meaningless friendly" against Switzerland on Tuesday, which will not be part of the UEFA Nations League. Or have I missed something?
Why isn't the England game on terrestrial TV? on 23:38 - Sep 8 with 3476 viewsdaveB

Why isn't the England game on terrestrial TV? on 23:16 - Sep 8 by GloryHunter

Let me get this right - the UEFA Nations League is to stop "meaningless friendlies" by having a group league format. But we will still be playing a "meaningless friendly" against Switzerland on Tuesday, which will not be part of the UEFA Nations League. Or have I missed something?

It cuts down on meaningless friendlies, i think it's been quite good so far, was a decent game tonight
Why isn't the England game on terrestrial TV? on 08:13 - Sep 9 with 3322 viewsblacky2013

Why isn't the England game on terrestrial TV? on 23:38 - Sep 8 by daveB

It cuts down on meaningless friendlies, i think it's been quite good so far, was a decent game tonight

I think this new format means that it is a new way to make money without having to do much.
Why isn't the England game on terrestrial TV? on 10:10 - Sep 9 with 3214 viewsfrancisbowles

Is this the Inter Toto cup for national teams?
Why isn't the England game on terrestrial TV? on 12:29 - Sep 9 with 3115 viewsWalnut

Cut them down rather than eradicated them.
Also, in a three team group, someone will be spare every matchday. Spain v Croatia next week so we have a slot to fill
Why isn't the England game on terrestrial TV? on 12:41 - Sep 9 with 3099 viewsTGRRRSSS

Why isn't the England game on terrestrial TV? on 23:16 - Sep 8 by GloryHunter

Nope your spot on!

Yours also confused, saw a bit of Sunday Supplement with Samuel explaining it, as only he can!
Login to get fewer ads

Why isn't the England game on terrestrial TV? on 13:41 - Sep 10 with 2855 viewsNorthernr

I honestly thought this thing had replaced the qualifying. You can qualify through it can't you? Simmo tried to run me through this on Saturday and I'm completely lost now. Knowing about football is my thing and now they've even taken that away from me.
Why isn't the England game on terrestrial TV? on 15:00 - Sep 10 with 2779 viewssmegma

We're also playing the yanks in a pointless friendly next month plus Spain away in the return game. But first up it's the Swiss tomorrow night and guess what, two Leicester players have been called up. I hope we never play a game in Milton Keynes then ??!!
Why isn't the England game on terrestrial TV? on 15:07 - Sep 10 with 2765 viewsdaveB

Why isn't the England game on terrestrial TV? on 13:41 - Sep 10 by Northernr

I honestly thought this thing had replaced the qualifying. You can qualify through it can't you? Simmo tried to run me through this on Saturday and I'm completely lost now. Knowing about football is my thing and now they've even taken that away from me.

When they do the knockout bit next year the 4 winners of that will go into the playoffs for qualifying if they don't win their qualifying group so for the likes of Spain and France it makes little difference to them but for the likes of Scotland, Belarus etc it gives them a chance of a playoff match if they can win this against teams of a similar ability but finish 3rd or lower in their qualifying group
Why isn't the England game on terrestrial TV? on 15:07 - Sep 10 with 2765 viewsDanVanDyke

Here goes Clive...

There is still normal Euro Champs qualifying next year. 10 groups, top 2 automatically qualify. No host nation as it is moving around. That leaves 4 slots and this where LoN comes in.

The winners of each of the LoN groups, 4 in A, 4 in B etc have a play off and the winner automatically qualifies for Euro Champs. If the winner of the group has already qualified for the Euros via Euro qualifying, the team in 2nd gets the slot, or 3rd if they also qualify.

So group D gets a Euro qualifier and that is why it is 'good for minnows'.

Every LoN division has 4 groups of 3 teams and one from each division will go to Euro 2020 basically.

Make any sense?
[Post edited 10 Sep 2018 15:10]
Why isn't the England game on terrestrial TV? on 15:44 - Sep 10 with 2718 viewsNorthernr

Why isn't the England game on terrestrial TV? on 15:07 - Sep 10 by DanVanDyke

Here goes Clive...

There is still normal Euro Champs qualifying next year. 10 groups, top 2 automatically qualify. No host nation as it is moving around. That leaves 4 slots and this where LoN comes in.

The winners of each of the LoN groups, 4 in A, 4 in B etc have a play off and the winner automatically qualifies for Euro Champs. If the winner of the group has already qualified for the Euros via Euro qualifying, the team in 2nd gets the slot, or 3rd if they also qualify.

Every LoN division has 4 groups of 3 teams and one from each division will go to Euro 2020 basically.

Make any sense?

Some. Thanks.
Why isn't the England game on terrestrial TV? on 15:46 - Sep 10 with 2715 viewssmegma

Why isn't the England game on terrestrial TV? on 15:07 - Sep 10 by DanVanDyke

Here goes Clive...

Make any sense?

As clear as mud ...

Utterly ducking stupid idea
Why isn't the England game on terrestrial TV? on 15:57 - Sep 10 with 2695 viewsdaveB

Why isn't the England game on terrestrial TV? on 15:46 - Sep 10 by smegma

As clear as mud ...

Utterly ducking stupid idea

may end up being stupid but I found some of the weekend games a better watch than the qualifiers usually are. Even though England lost it was good to see them in a proper game
Why isn't the England game on terrestrial TV? on 19:36 - Sep 10 with 2589 viewsDanVanDyke

Why isn't the England game on terrestrial TV? on 15:57 - Sep 10 by daveB

may end up being stupid but I found some of the weekend games a better watch than the qualifiers usually are. Even though England lost it was good to see them in a proper game

I enjoyed it too, but my boys beat Iceland 6-0 so I would.

Ultimately gives smaller nations more meaningful games rather than be picked for spanking practise by big nations and gives a chance to qualify for a tournament.

There's a further argument about the dilution of the once great 8 team Euros to a competition that Wales can do well in, but Champions League opened that Pandora's box!
Why isn't the England game on terrestrial TV? on 20:54 - Sep 10 with 2530 viewssmegma

Why isn't the England game on terrestrial TV? on 15:57 - Sep 10 by daveB

Not interested in other games, I was only interested in the game I went to. I think it's stupid because we only play two teams, one of whom England fans are not allowed into the away game.
Why isn't the England game on terrestrial TV? on 19:30 - Sep 11 with 2344 viewsGloryHunter

Is the Switzerland game tonight on TV anywhere at all? I can't see it in the listings.
Why isn't the England game on terrestrial TV? on 10:13 - Sep 12 with 2208 viewsdaveB

Why isn't the England game on terrestrial TV? on 19:30 - Sep 11 by GloryHunter

Is the Switzerland game tonight on TV anywhere at all? I can't see it in the listings.

All England games are on Sky until the qualifiers start next year which will be on ITV
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024