Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strictly come dancing - QPR link! 20:49 - Sep 12 with 20999 viewsHantsR

Forgive me father, for I have sinned. I just skipped through the opening programme, mainly for lascivious purposes and Nile Rodgers, but was slightly surprised to see a QPR scarf being wafted by one of the new contestants. Sean Walsh - a comedian allegedly but a fervent QPR supporter.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2018 22:22]
Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 15:30 - Oct 9 with 3286 viewsingeminate

Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 14:19 - Oct 9 by Northernr

Agree. Man makes mistake after a drink. I bet everybody on this thread has done something they're not very proud of at some point, and yet everybody feels free to pass judgement, start slagging him off etc. He's got press outside his door, his face is everywhere, just imagine that. Imagine last time you made a mistake you had all of this. It's mental, and when everybody else has moved on to whatever they move on to he's left to pick up the pieces of his life after one silly mistake. He's just a bloke like most of us on here, loves his football, loves QPR, done something a bit silly.

There's an awful lot of perfect people around all of a sudden with stones to throw. Victoria Derbyshire getting all worthy and solemn about it all this morning, leaving out the hilarious anecdote about the time she ran off with her co-host's husband at Radio Five, for example.

My view is he's chosen to be a celebrity. He's not just practising his craft - he's gone on the biggest reality show on telly. A show where he is judged partly for his dancing and partly for his personality.

Nobody is saying that they haven't made a mistake after having one too many. It's just that if you do it in the full glare like he has then you’ve been a moron and it’s fair enough for people to call you out on it. As an aside kissing your TV dance partner on your girlfriend's birthday while apparently telling said girlfriend she’s a psycho for being paranoid isn't very nice behaviour.

It isn’t like he had one too many and had a piss on the street.
There is no way anyone would be defending John Terry doing the exact same thing. Then it would be just another example of scummy behaviour from a scummy man.

Lastly deciding when and why it is OK to pass judgement seems pretty arbitrary. A footballer who gets injured too often? A politician who can’t remember numbers? A celebrity who cheats on his girlfriend?
I’d say when it comes to glass houses we’ve probably all passed judgement without being whiter than white just as much as we’ve all behaved badly after having had one too many.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 15:40 - Oct 9 with 3248 viewsPhilmyRs

Agree. Man makes mistake after a drink. I bet everybody on this thread has done something they're not very proud of at some point, and yet everybody feels free to pass judgement, start slagging him off etc. He's got press outside his door, his face is everywhere, just imagine that. Imagine last time you made a mistake you had all of this. It's mental, and when everybody else has moved on to whatever they move on to he's left to pick up the pieces of his life after one silly mistake. He's just a bloke like most of us on here, loves his football, loves QPR, done something a bit silly.

There's an awful lot of perfect people around all of a sudden with stones to throw. Victoria Derbyshire getting all worthy and solemn about it all this morning, leaving out the hilarious anecdote about the time she ran off with her co-host's husband at Radio Five, for example.

Agree with all this.

Has he done a Stokes? Been filmed snorting gear off Darcey Bussell’s t*ts? been recorded slagging off his fellow contestants? No, he got drunk and snogged someone he shouldn’t. Man, he was so pi*sed he did it outside a busy London pub.

Come on, if we were all punished to this level for a drunken snog you’d ban the office Christmas party. A lot worse has and will happen. Those in glass houses and all that.
Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 15:44 - Oct 9 with 3227 viewsTheChef

Just more bullsh1t news to fill the papers/radio/TV with, while ignoring the other important stuff they'd rather you didn't know about.

Word.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 16:02 - Oct 9 with 3180 viewsNorthernr

Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 15:30 - Oct 9 by ingeminate

My view is he's chosen to be a celebrity. He's not just practising his craft - he's gone on the biggest reality show on telly. A show where he is judged partly for his dancing and partly for his personality.

Nobody is saying that they haven't made a mistake after having one too many. It's just that if you do it in the full glare like he has then you’ve been a moron and it’s fair enough for people to call you out on it. As an aside kissing your TV dance partner on your girlfriend's birthday while apparently telling said girlfriend she’s a psycho for being paranoid isn't very nice behaviour.

There is no way anyone would be defending John Terry doing the exact same thing. Then it would be just another example of scummy behaviour from a scummy man.

Lastly deciding when and why it is OK to pass judgement seems pretty arbitrary. A footballer who gets injured too often? A politician who can’t remember numbers? A celebrity who cheats on his girlfriend?
I’d say when it comes to glass houses we’ve probably all passed judgement without being whiter than white just as much as we’ve all behaved badly after having had one too many.

Good post.
Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 16:56 - Oct 9 with 3099 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

People should do what I do and keep their opinion to themselves...
Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 18:03 - Oct 9 with 3023 viewssimmo

In the main I agree with Clives post, but apart from the John Terry bit, this is a really good post and summary of my own partly conflicted view.

Whatever the reasons or whichever side of the fence you fall, it's a shame it's been blown up to this kind of proportion and the people involved and their families have to deal with the fallout in this environment.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 19:04 - Oct 9 with 2939 viewsWestonsuperR

Great post. Completely his decision to take part in a very high profile TV show and I am sure is paid very well whilst also giving him the perfect opportunity to increase his personal popularity and profile. Comes with the territory that you will be in the spotlight, if you don’t like that or want that turn down the opportunity.
Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 21:08 - Oct 9 with 2813 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 13:32 - Oct 9 by Metallica_Hoop

I'm liking the ginge.

Strange looking girl.

Certainly not just a pretty face.

I just watched her documentary about the fashion industry. Scary, shocking stuff. Fascinating too. Not sure how intentional it was but the programme really illustrates what a dysfunctional lot we've become.

Our man Gove doesn't come out of it very well either!

Puts this dancing stuff into perspective.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 07:16 - Oct 10 with 2619 viewskropotkin41

What the f*ck? We can't even have a QPR fan involved in a stupid television programme without there being a scandal........ excuse me being late on this one, I don't have a telly.

Is this the curse?

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 08:27 - Oct 10 with 2554 viewsToast_R

Ohwell, he still makes me laugh. His standup routine on Mortal Kombat still makes me chuckle.
Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 08:46 - Oct 10 with 2528 viewsGroveR

Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 11:08 - Oct 9 by TacticalR

It's all a matter of presentation. I propose a new B-list celeb reality show entitled 'Strictly Come Climate Change' featuring snogging in the Arctic.

I'd rebrand it as "Strictly Come On My Face" with points being awarded for accuracy and artistic flair and deducted for hair matting and blinding.
Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 09:21 - Oct 10 with 2475 viewsPunteR

Ive ignored this thread as i dont watch Strictly. I ignore the tabloids as well but heard there was some sort of drama surrounding the show on the radio yesterday.
Ive just put 2 and 2 together... QPR link!. Of course there is.
I thought it might have been a former player.
Sean Walsh been a bit of a wally here. Playing the celebrity game is probably harder than we think.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 10:51 - Oct 10 with 2397 viewsdaveB

It is odd though that all the flack is on Sean Walsh rather than the married woman who none of the tabloids or tv seem to be saying anything about
Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 10:58 - Oct 10 with 2379 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 10:51 - Oct 10 by daveB

It is odd though that all the flack is on Sean Walsh rather than the married woman who none of the tabloids or tv seem to be saying anything about

A bit like football managers, celebrities get too much praise when things go right and too much of the blame when things go wrong.
Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 11:00 - Oct 10 with 2376 viewsNorthernr

Her other half hasn't thrown her off the side of a PR cliff.
Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 11:04 - Oct 10 with 2358 viewsmakaveli1882

Good pic on here with her holding a Rangers scarf

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/strictly-come-dancing-live-updates-1

I think we should name the ellerslie road stand after him
Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 11:11 - Oct 10 with 2353 viewsRs_Holy

Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 07:16 - Oct 10 by kropotkin41

What the f*ck? We can't even have a QPR fan involved in a stupid television programme without there being a scandal........ excuse me being late on this one, I don't have a telly.

Is this the curse?

Know what you mean... we seem to attract bad news on a regular basis... this one was a classic example...
https://metro.co.uk/2016/02/07/isis-executioner-jihadi-ringo-revealed-to-be-quie
Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 11:18 - Oct 10 with 2338 viewsMick_S

Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 11:04 - Oct 10 by makaveli1882

Good pic on here with her holding a Rangers scarf

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/strictly-come-dancing-live-updates-1

I think we should name the ellerslie road stand after him

Thank goodness for that - I've been wondering what Ann Widdecombe's take on this sordid scandal would be.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 11:55 - Oct 10 with 2269 viewspaulparker

I haven’t a clue who this Walsh fella is tbh but the bird he has pulled is stunning
His missus is the sort you bring home to mum and dad but his dance partner is the one you sneak out the back door to meet on the sly

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 12:25 - Oct 10 with 2216 viewsEastR

very well argued

but apparently you're not allowed to say 'whiter than white'

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/senior-met-officer-could-face-the-sack-for

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 12:33 - Oct 10 with 2195 viewsEastR

probably because that doesn't fit with the 'metoo' narrative of the day

men are not allowed to be victims and women can dump on each other with impunity.

Having said that, he has been a silly boy and failed to follow the standard advice:
Be good. But if you can't be good, be careful.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 12:43 - Oct 10 with 2180 viewsR_from_afar

I hear that The Sun has paid David Attenborough to interview the cat...

Meeow meeow love rat meeow Conor Washington meeow Eze's not a winger meeow told you redheads were volatile meeow.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 12:43 - Oct 10 with 2180 viewsnix

Excellent post. The worst bit for me is not the snogging, it’s the calling his girlfriend mental, nuts, psycho for using her gut reaction and being right. Trying to teach her not to trust her own judgement (see gaslighting). Which she claims he didn’t just do on this occasion when backed into s corner but on other occasions too. It’s pretty scummy to regularly treat someone as if they’re crazy to believe something that is, in fact, true, and you know it’s true. Also to apologise to the nation on twitter but not your own girlfriend is pretty self serving.

That’s why I’m more judgemental of Walsh than the dancer, unless her husband says she called him mental, nuts, psycho too. Plus I’m judgmental of the extra ‘n’ In Seann as an affectation 😬.
Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 13:13 - Oct 10 with 2127 viewsMytch_QPR

Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 12:43 - Oct 10 by nix

Excellent post. The worst bit for me is not the snogging, it’s the calling his girlfriend mental, nuts, psycho for using her gut reaction and being right. Trying to teach her not to trust her own judgement (see gaslighting). Which she claims he didn’t just do on this occasion when backed into s corner but on other occasions too. It’s pretty scummy to regularly treat someone as if they’re crazy to believe something that is, in fact, true, and you know it’s true. Also to apologise to the nation on twitter but not your own girlfriend is pretty self serving.

That’s why I’m more judgemental of Walsh than the dancer, unless her husband says she called him mental, nuts, psycho too. Plus I’m judgmental of the extra ‘n’ In Seann as an affectation 😬.

Don't disagree with you there.

Would this be a solution?: Seann gets to dance on the next show - but suddenly finds he's paired up with Katya's husband - he's a pro dancer too apparently.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 13:50 - Oct 10 with 2041 viewsGloucs_R

Bloke cheats on average girlfriend for really fit girlfriend.....

Hands up, who else has done this at some stage??

Poll: Are we staying up?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024