Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strictly come dancing - QPR link! 20:49 - Sep 12 with 21002 viewsHantsR

Forgive me father, for I have sinned. I just skipped through the opening programme, mainly for lascivious purposes and Nile Rodgers, but was slightly surprised to see a QPR scarf being wafted by one of the new contestants. Sean Walsh - a comedian allegedly but a fervent QPR supporter.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2018 22:22]
Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 13:54 - Oct 10 with 3974 viewsR_from_afar

With Rebecca Humphries as guest judge?

Did you know that the Daily Mirror is pumping out live updates about this?

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 15:18 - Oct 10 with 3872 viewsDorse

Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 11:00 - Oct 10 by Northernr

Her other half hasn't thrown her off the side of a PR cliff.

He probably doesn't want to see headlines like: 'Strictly Star In Two-In-A-Bed Sex Romp With His Wife!'

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 15:19 - Oct 10 with 3867 viewsMick_S

Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 15:18 - Oct 10 by Dorse

He probably doesn't want to see headlines like: 'Strictly Star In Two-In-A-Bed Sex Romp With His Wife!'

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 15:32 - Oct 10 with 3837 viewsDorse

I'm quite looking forward to the next episode to see whether their introduction happens to the stony silence, apart from the sound of someone opening a boiled sweet and someone coughing on the back row.

'Well, Seann, a Strictly first there! Not only did you perform a triple somersault with pike and nail the dismount in that energetic middle eight section, you did it to the biggest round of indifference we've ever seen. And I see the Costumes Department have out done themselves again, making you perform a Charleston wearing a hessian sack whilst Katya seems to have had her head shaven and a red 'A' attached to hers. So, let's hear what our judges have to say... Shirley? Stop sobbing... and Craig, will you please put down the knife or I'll have to call security again'.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2018 15:32]

Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 15:51 - Oct 10 with 3798 viewsCiderwithRsie

Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 12:43 - Oct 10 by nix

Excellent post. The worst bit for me is not the snogging, it’s the calling his girlfriend mental, nuts, psycho for using her gut reaction and being right. Trying to teach her not to trust her own judgement (see gaslighting). Which she claims he didn’t just do on this occasion when backed into s corner but on other occasions too. It’s pretty scummy to regularly treat someone as if they’re crazy to believe something that is, in fact, true, and you know it’s true. Also to apologise to the nation on twitter but not your own girlfriend is pretty self serving.

That’s why I’m more judgemental of Walsh than the dancer, unless her husband says she called him mental, nuts, psycho too. Plus I’m judgmental of the extra ‘n’ In Seann as an affectation 😬.

The worst bit for me is not the snogging, it’s the calling his girlfriend mental, nuts, psycho for using her gut reaction and being right. Trying to teach her not to trust her own judgement (see gas lighting).

+1

Don't care about celebs and their sex lives but I stumbled across her version of events and thought that was pretty creepy. Since I became a single dad I've met a lot of single mums and gas lighting is a lot more prevalent than I'd imagined.

For those saying "we've all done it/would do it": a drunken snog - perhaps; gaslighting - I'd like to think not.
Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 15:54 - Oct 10 with 3791 viewsdaveB

Excellent post. The worst bit for me is not the snogging, it’s the calling his girlfriend mental, nuts, psycho for using her gut reaction and being right. Trying to teach her not to trust her own judgement (see gaslighting). Which she claims he didn’t just do on this occasion when backed into s corner but on other occasions too. It’s pretty scummy to regularly treat someone as if they’re crazy to believe something that is, in fact, true, and you know it’s true. Also to apologise to the nation on twitter but not your own girlfriend is pretty self serving.

That’s why I’m more judgemental of Walsh than the dancer, unless her husband says she called him mental, nuts, psycho too. Plus I’m judgmental of the extra ‘n’ In Seann as an affectation 😬.

Unclear when he said that though or even if he said it, she seemed to suggest that was something he did in the past. Seems to have been decided the ex is telling the truth and no need to hear the other side of the story.

Going to be quite amusing when he gets through as the public can't actually vote you out
Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 15:56 - Oct 10 with 3791 viewsthame_hoops

correct if true but we dont know if it is true, we've heard one side....
Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 15:59 - Oct 10 with 3782 viewsthame_hoops

Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 15:54 - Oct 10 by daveB

Unclear when he said that though or even if he said it, she seemed to suggest that was something he did in the past. Seems to have been decided the ex is telling the truth and no need to hear the other side of the story.

Going to be quite amusing when he gets through as the public can't actually vote you out

^ This, we both replied at the same time. for her to say he's gas-lighted her and called her names for suggesting he was having an affair, how do we know its true?

and yes, gas lighting is a horrible thing and ive spoken to single girls who say this happens often, its terrible
[Post edited 10 Oct 2018 16:00]
Login to get fewer ads

Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 17:50 - Oct 10 with 3648 viewsqprd

Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 15:32 - Oct 10 by Dorse

I'm quite looking forward to the next episode to see whether their introduction happens to the stony silence, apart from the sound of someone opening a boiled sweet and someone coughing on the back row.

'Well, Seann, a Strictly first there! Not only did you perform a triple somersault with pike and nail the dismount in that energetic middle eight section, you did it to the biggest round of indifference we've ever seen. And I see the Costumes Department have out done themselves again, making you perform a Charleston wearing a hessian sack whilst Katya seems to have had her head shaven and a red 'A' attached to hers. So, let's hear what our judges have to say... Shirley? Stop sobbing... and Craig, will you please put down the knife or I'll have to call security again'.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2018 15:32]

I was at the gym this morning and quite surprised to see this story was still leading the news.... the media has already milked 3 days of content out of this. continuing to be on the show and doing a dance on saturday ensures that this stays in the news until at least next Tuesday....

I would have just quit the show and let the story die. I imagine there are some monetary penalties for quitting the show under the contract though
[Post edited 10 Oct 2018 17:51]
Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 19:02 - Oct 10 with 3600 viewsnix

Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 15:59 - Oct 10 by thame_hoops

^ This, we both replied at the same time. for her to say he's gas-lighted her and called her names for suggesting he was having an affair, how do we know its true?

and yes, gas lighting is a horrible thing and ive spoken to single girls who say this happens often, its terrible
[Post edited 10 Oct 2018 16:00]

Fair point guys. I guess I’ve heard it happen to so many women (not saying it doesn’t happen to men too btw) and her statement had a ring of truth about it. And maybe I’d give more of the benefit of the doubt to her than the guy who left her at home on her birthday while having an innocent drink (snogging someone else). But yes it’s not conclusive and she may be behaving like a woman scorned.
Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 20:19 - Oct 10 with 3518 viewsdavman

Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 10:51 - Oct 10 by daveB

It is odd though that all the flack is on Sean Walsh rather than the married woman who none of the tabloids or tv seem to be saying anything about

More than just a hint of Strictly and the Beeb of protecting their own here. If you listened to 5 Live yesterday you would have heard discussions on abusive relationships loosely linked to the story whilst maintaining that this is "nothing" to do with Seann.

Not a good story this one and it is inevitable he will leave on Saturday...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 06:10 - Oct 11 with 3397 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The term gaslighting originates from a 1938 play by Patrick Hamilton, Gas Light, in which a man manipulates his wife to the point where she thinks she is losing her mind, where he makes her believe that she is "imagining" the gas light dimming in the house.

It was popularised following George Cukor’s 1944 film adaptation of the play, starring Ingrid Bergman, which received seven Oscar nominations.
Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 13:14 - Oct 11 with 3305 viewsJordanFoster

Think I am quite late to this, but I don't know Seann Walsh have never met him so cant say what he's like.

I have seen him at away games though which shows to me he must be much like many of us. I don't agree with what he did at all or legitimise it in anyway - but I find it hard to believe those calling for his head havent made a similar type of mistake.

Most of all, we had all this yesterday about World Mental Health day on the front of 90% of papers in some way. Yet below that was Seann getting annihilated for a drunked mistake. It all seems way over the top to me and very much a witch hunt now.

Would like to see the female outrage for what the married dancer has done...
Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 13:22 - Oct 11 with 3287 viewsDorse

Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 06:10 - Oct 11 by BazzaInTheLoft

The term gaslighting originates from a 1938 play by Patrick Hamilton, Gas Light, in which a man manipulates his wife to the point where she thinks she is losing her mind, where he makes her believe that she is "imagining" the gas light dimming in the house.

It was popularised following George Cukor’s 1944 film adaptation of the play, starring Ingrid Bergman, which received seven Oscar nominations.

Thanks for that Baz - I had completely misunderstood the term.

Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 13:33 - Oct 11 with 3270 viewsTGRRRSSS

Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 11:00 - Oct 10 by Northernr

Her other half hasn't thrown her off the side of a PR cliff.

Her other half has a noteworthy career it would seem.

Funny how this "control" thing came up VERY quickly from Walsh's ex.

He's been a wally but you know even if he did call her a psycho - maybe just maybe there's more to it.

We don't know what goes on behind closed doors but for someone who wanted to come across as a victim and not a victim VERY quckly seem, suspicious to me.

After all the fururore I might actually vote on a show I don't even watch, just cos the kind of bullying and sh1t storm against him for me is rather sinister.

As Norf pointed out Victoria Derbyshire and I'm sure that's the tip of the hypocritical iceberg.
Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 21:53 - Oct 13 with 3118 viewsrichranger

Last song played tonight - Hi Ho Silver Lining. Wasn't Sean dancing to it though!
Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 22:08 - Oct 13 with 3105 viewscolinallcars

I saw this programme for the first time tonight, aside from the attractive females I thought it was unbearable. The audience made it worse. Every vaguely complimentary remark by a judge or compare being greeted with HOOOORRRRRAAAAAYYYY, Then when the music started they showed their musical ignorance by clapping along on the “on” beat for every number. OK it was good to hear Hi Ho Silver Lining.😊
Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 08:39 - Oct 15 with 2784 viewsTheChef

Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 22:08 - Oct 13 by colinallcars

I saw this programme for the first time tonight, aside from the attractive females I thought it was unbearable. The audience made it worse. Every vaguely complimentary remark by a judge or compare being greeted with HOOOORRRRRAAAAAYYYY, Then when the music started they showed their musical ignorance by clapping along on the “on” beat for every number. OK it was good to hear Hi Ho Silver Lining.😊

You haven't watched Saturday evening prime time TV before?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 13:58 - Oct 15 with 2597 viewsSimonJames

Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 08:39 - Oct 15 by TheChef

I doubt I've watched Saturday evening prime time since the Two Ronnies were last on.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 14:01 - Oct 15 with 2583 viewsMick_S

Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 13:58 - Oct 15 by SimonJames

I doubt I've watched Saturday evening prime time since the Two Ronnies were last on.

That's more like it.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 15:09 - Oct 15 with 2530 viewscolinallcars

Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 08:39 - Oct 15 by TheChef

I was round a relative's house some time ago and was forced to watch the X Factor. I thought I was going insane. Is it that TV companies just assume people are really hopelessly stupid and put on such shows or is it a fact that people are really so brain dead ?
[Post edited 15 Oct 2018 15:09]
Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 23:38 - Oct 15 with 2416 viewsdaveB

Strictly come dancing - QPR link! on 15:09 - Oct 15 by colinallcars

I was round a relative's house some time ago and was forced to watch the X Factor. I thought I was going insane. Is it that TV companies just assume people are really hopelessly stupid and put on such shows or is it a fact that people are really so brain dead ?
[Post edited 15 Oct 2018 15:09]

both shows are very popular, not to everyones taste but a lot of people just like to switch off their brains and be entertained at the weekend. Both shows are an easy watch and something families can watch together and talk about
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024