Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ademola Bankole 16:24 - Sep 13 with 7908 viewsDando

Stands out for me, as the worst and dodgiest goalkeeper I remember I've seen at Loftus Road. Just read he is working for the club? :O When did that happen?

http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/sport/16858377.colchester-united-goalkeeper-dillon

Ademola Bankole on 16:39 - Sep 13 with 5910 viewssmegma

Been an under 18 goalkeeping coach at the club since about January I believe
Ademola Bankole on 16:55 - Sep 13 with 5888 viewsdaveB

I think he only ever played 1 game for us, we've had worse
Ademola Bankole on 17:28 - Sep 13 with 5834 viewsflynnbo

Not many to be fair although Rossi springs to mind. And before people jump on the bandwagon, Derek Richardson wasn't that bad particularly as he had a hard act to follow in big Phil. Chris Woods got a lot of criticism too, unfairly in my opinion.
Ademola Bankole on 17:34 - Sep 13 with 5817 viewsbosh67

Fair play to Ademola Bankole for keeping the family surname. The rest of his family changed it to ATM.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ademola Bankole on 19:00 - Sep 13 with 5714 viewsToast_R

I dont remember him at all other than he was the reserve QPR goalkeeper in the original PS1 LMA Manager.
Ademola Bankole on 19:07 - Sep 13 with 5708 viewsHantsR

Ademola Bankole on 16:55 - Sep 13 by daveB

I think he only ever played 1 game for us, we've had worse

I remember that one appearance so well, it was astonishing.
Ademola Bankole on 19:14 - Sep 13 with 5700 viewsloftboy

Nicky Johns for me

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Ademola Bankole on 19:33 - Sep 13 with 5674 viewspaulparker

I think his debut was against tranmere? Where he managed to knock out Maddix when he missed when trying to punch the ball
I was also there for Nicky johns in 87 now he was terrible ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Ademola Bankole on 21:49 - Sep 13 with 5508 viewsEsox_Lucius

Paul Barron for (alleged) reasons other than just his keeping.

The grass is always greener.

Ademola Bankole on 23:06 - Sep 13 with 5437 viewsToast_R

Sieb Dijkstra. What the f*ck were we doing with such a good team playing in front of the rotating circus of him, Roberts and Stejkal over three seasons?
A decent stopper would have propelled us even higher I reckon. Keller the one they should have signed?
[Post edited 13 Sep 2018 23:07]
Ademola Bankole on 23:30 - Sep 13 with 5413 viewsCiderwithRsie

Ademola Bankole on 19:14 - Sep 13 by loftboy

Nicky Johns for me

I thought he was perfectly OK. Not sure why we signed him to play in the reserves but decent enough.
Ademola Bankole on 23:43 - Sep 13 with 5405 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ademola Bankole on 23:06 - Sep 13 by Toast_R

Sieb Dijkstra. What the f*ck were we doing with such a good team playing in front of the rotating circus of him, Roberts and Stejkal over three seasons?
A decent stopper would have propelled us even higher I reckon. Keller the one they should have signed?
[Post edited 13 Sep 2018 23:07]

I thought that Stejskal was a good keeper.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ademola Bankole on 06:01 - Sep 14 with 5332 viewsPlanetHonneywood

While I will give Green his moment at Wembley, but every time the oppo crossed the half way line, you said a Hail Mary.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Ademola Bankole on 06:45 - Sep 14 with 5319 viewsToast_R

Ademola Bankole on 23:43 - Sep 13 by BrianMcCarthy

Decent enough fmwhen he signed but by the end of his time at QPR he was playing second fiddle to Tony Roberts???? That would look pretty bad on anyones CV in top level football.
Ademola Bankole on 07:47 - Sep 14 with 5290 viewsCiderwithRsie

Ademola Bankole on 06:45 - Sep 14 by Toast_R

Decent enough fmwhen he signed but by the end of his time at QPR he was playing second fiddle to Tony Roberts???? That would look pretty bad on anyones CV in top level football.

Says more about team selection than it does about Stejskal. I suspect Don Howe knew Stejskal wanted to go home - he spent his whole career in Czechoslvakia apart from his time with us - and was doing bit of forward planning.

Never saw enough of Dykstra to make a decision but TBF to Roberts he looked promising when he started - he was always a good shot-stopper and you don't expect a young guy to be perfect. It took time to see the regular errors and his failure to improve.

I've never understood why buying a 1st class keeper for that team wasn't a priority, of course in Gerry's time the policy was "buy cheap and sell" which must have made it difficult but when we finally had the Ferdinand cash we used it to buy a keeper who couldn't get into the Luton team.
Ademola Bankole on 08:34 - Sep 14 with 5241 viewskingsburyR

Ademola Bankole on 23:43 - Sep 13 by BrianMcCarthy

I second that.

Culkin was well ropey and someone nailed his feet to the goal line but I could never convince myself that Tony Roberts was any good and he played over 100 times for us.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Ademola Bankole on 08:41 - Sep 14 with 5230 viewsTheChef

Fraser Digby anyone?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Ademola Bankole on 08:48 - Sep 14 with 5217 viewsToast_R

Ademola Bankole on 08:41 - Sep 14 by TheChef

Fraser Digby anyone?

To be fair to Digby he was brought in as an emergency signing when Day broke his leg and we had no one else.

He was okay, it was League 1 remember.
Ademola Bankole on 08:55 - Sep 14 with 5212 viewstoboboly

Carl Ikeme left me scarred every time he stepped onto the pitch.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Ademola Bankole on 09:19 - Sep 14 with 5178 viewsflynnbo

Ademola Bankole on 07:47 - Sep 14 by CiderwithRsie

Says more about team selection than it does about Stejskal. I suspect Don Howe knew Stejskal wanted to go home - he spent his whole career in Czechoslvakia apart from his time with us - and was doing bit of forward planning.

Never saw enough of Dykstra to make a decision but TBF to Roberts he looked promising when he started - he was always a good shot-stopper and you don't expect a young guy to be perfect. It took time to see the regular errors and his failure to improve.

I've never understood why buying a 1st class keeper for that team wasn't a priority, of course in Gerry's time the policy was "buy cheap and sell" which must have made it difficult but when we finally had the Ferdinand cash we used it to buy a keeper who couldn't get into the Luton team.

Yes, Juergen Sommer wasn't it? Played a blinder in one game against Villa, I think, and in all the others he was plain awful.
Ademola Bankole on 09:39 - Sep 14 with 5159 viewsCiderwithRsie

Ademola Bankole on 09:19 - Sep 14 by flynnbo

Yes, Juergen Sommer wasn't it? Played a blinder in one game against Villa, I think, and in all the others he was plain awful.

Poor bloke was doing his best but just not up to it and there was never any evidence that he would be, he'd never played at that level.
Ademola Bankole on 09:52 - Sep 14 with 5145 viewspaulparker

Ademola Bankole on 23:30 - Sep 13 by CiderwithRsie

I thought he was perfectly OK. Not sure why we signed him to play in the reserves but decent enough.

We signed him from Charlton as Seamen had picked up an injury which would keep him out for around 3-6 months , in those days clubs never really had sub keepers , you had the youth as back up as keepers very rarely got injured , Johns had lost his place at Charlton to Bob Bolder (remember him) so Jim smith when and got him , as things would pan out Johns got injured and we had to play a 17 year old tony Roberts against Coventry on a very cold December Friday night where big Regis and Keith houchen bullied him in the 2nd half and we lost 1-2
its funny I can remember all this from 31 years ago but totally forgot it was Mrs Parkers birthday this week

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ademola Bankole on 10:31 - Sep 14 with 5102 viewsDorse

Ademola Bankole on 08:55 - Sep 14 by toboboly

Carl Ikeme left me scarred every time he stepped onto the pitch.

Oh Lordy, I'd tried to blank him from my memory. Absolutely terrifying.

Mini Dorse still talks of Rob Green hoofing the ball straight up in the air for the Scum to receive it and score. Scarred, that boy, scarred.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Ademola Bankole on 13:26 - Sep 14 with 4988 viewsheadhoops

this nutter from from 1980?

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Ademola Bankole on 14:51 - Sep 14 with 4928 viewsEsox_Lucius

Ademola Bankole on 06:01 - Sep 14 by PlanetHonneywood

While I will give Green his moment at Wembley, but every time the oppo crossed the half way line, you said a Hail Mary.

A bit harsh there John, I think he had the most clean sheets of any Championship GK in the 2015 season and pulled off some real worldy saves during that time. Got picked for the England team too during that period.

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024